The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

NA PC Megaserver dead

• VelimOrthic
    VelimOrthic
    ✭✭✭
    arena25 wrote: »
    Why do I have such a strong suspicion this is MM-related. I swear to god I've never had that suspicion before (even though at times I ought to have)

LMAO, my guild was just today talking about that time when a new feature that the MM addon creator put in pretty much wrecked guild functionality in ESO for weeks on end.

I actually looked up MM on Minion earlier today...seems as though the feature which wrecked the servers back then (named "Turbo Mode") was very super powerful, to the point where even MM's addon creator pleaded people not to run it all the time. But people apparently didn't listen, and so began a multi-week saga which went something like this:

First: Guild functionality was wrecked.
    Second: All addons used by trading guilds was "broken" by Zeni, essentially leaving many trading guilds blind and also causing chaos in guild trader bids.
    Third: At ZOS request, Turbo Mode was removed from MM, but they still did not restore functionality.
    Fourth: Issues was fixed.
    Fifth: Almost all addons were allowed to be used again, with the exception of MM.
    Finally: MM was allowed to be used again after several weeks of offline, with severe restrictions on how MM can pull data.

I don't know if there's any connection, but MM has not been received API bumps for the last 2 patches (at least, if Minion is telling me correctly). It remains to be seen if Greymoor will mean the MM addon ceator will bump the API. Or if the addon creator decides to just not touch it ever again, to avoid drawing the wrath of ZOS.
    I'm well aware of that thing that happened in the former. It's actually still a problem. But it never made it so that logging in was impossible. My jackass suspicion (which I still feel is somewhat logical) would be on a very different and much bigger level.

• arena25
    arena25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do I have such a strong suspicion this is MM-related. I swear to god I've never had that suspicion before (even though at times I ought to have)

LMAO, my guild was just today talking about that time when a new feature that the MM addon creator put in pretty much wrecked guild functionality in ESO for weeks on end.

I actually looked up MM on Minion earlier today...seems as though the feature which wrecked the servers back then (named "Turbo Mode") was very super powerful, to the point where even MM's addon creator pleaded people not to run it all the time. But people apparently didn't listen, and so began a multi-week saga which went something like this:

Second: All addons used by trading guilds was "broken" by Zeni, essentially leaving many trading guilds blind and also causing chaos in guild trader bids.
    Third: At ZOS request, Turbo Mode was removed from MM, but they still did not restore functionality.
    Fifth: Almost all addons were allowed to be used again, with the exception of MM.
    Finally: MM was allowed to be used again after several weeks of offline, with severe restrictions on how MM can pull data.

I don't know if there's any connection, but MM has not been received API bumps for the last 2 patches (at least, if Minion is telling me correctly). It remains to be seen if Greymoor will mean the MM addon ceator will bump the API. Or if the addon creator decides to just not touch it ever again, to avoid drawing the wrath of ZOS.

This outage is very unlikely to have been caused by an add-on. The suggestion it might be seems like a distraction actually.

Yeah, I know it likely isn't. I just simply had to share/reminisce from back then.
    If you can't handle the heat...stay out of the kitchen!
  • VelimOrthic
    VelimOrthic
    ✭✭✭
    and for the record I sure as god damn hell am NOT trying to "blame" any modders for anything what so ever. Hell god damn no.
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP PC NA master race
  • Goldie
    Goldie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is RICH!

The exact same bugs and glitches are STILL present in the game, as were here when we all rolled into this GEM from Early Access.

6 years later, and players are still running on top of their mounts, and disconnecting from the "MEGASERVERS" when prime time brings them to a screeching halt.

Its OK ZOS, I still love you. Even though youve lied, broken promises, and sold out... I'll take you back.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar
  • Dietche
    Dietche
    ✭✭✭
    worrallj wrote: »
    I canceled my sub.

When this game launched Shoddycast predicted that the cash shop heralded a coming wave of relentlessly orienting the game around microtransactions, and that the game itself would suffer for it. That's largely been borne out and acknowledged, but I'd go even farther. I believe the cash shop is the cause of these never ending performance problems. I believe that ZOS doesn't care about the core game itself because we've already bought it - they don't get any money by fixing something they already sold us. They only care about the latest bundle of reskinned assets they're going to sell you.

I no longer believe ZOS when they say they're prioritizing these fixes. The crown store is their source of income. It's in your face the moment you open the game. The crown store works great and always has tons of new stuff in it. The quest givers that try to make you buy DLC literally chase you around town.

The game itself gives them no direct income so long as there's a core of people willing to dish out for cash shop items. As a result, It's not the priority and it only degrades over time.

Frankly?
    Good riddance.

If you cannot tell that ZOS is trying, with all the hard work in optimizations they have at least *tried* to do in terms of performance and server upgrades, then I would rather not have someone like you as part of the ESO collective, ruining fun times for myself and my friends and guild-mates with your infectious and poisonous attitude.

You didn't notice, *just now*, that as soon as they saw a problem, they took the server down to fix it, within hardly moments, and did all this while working at home, during a fudder-ducking pandemic?

Entitlement and negativity will only get you so far in life. Try, instead, recognizing hard work and dedication in your fellow mankind. It might get you a bit more happiness in life.

To ZOS: Thank you for your prompt attention to this issue and your hard work in resolving it. May your families and friends get through these troublesome times, unscathed.

See? Was that so hard?
    --Dietche
    Guild Leader: Sardonically Synthesized
  • Immortal_Dark410
    Immortal_Dark410
    ✭✭✭✭

This outage is very unlikely to have been caused by an add-on. The suggestion it might be seems like a distraction actually.

Yup Bingo lol :lol:
    Retired Guild Leader Of AMAZING DEALS OF TAMRIEL
    Retired Guild Leader Of AMAZING DEALS OF NIRN
    (ALL FACTION TRADE GUILDS)

PC NA SERVER
    DC - DARKDROGO | ORC | STAM DK | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    AD - DARK-GEARLT-OF-RIVIA | ALTMER | MAG SORC | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    EP - DARK-ABYSS | DUNMER | MAG TEMP | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    DC - REAPERS-CLOACK-OF-YASSASEEN | BRETON | MAG NB | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    AD - DARK-SLADE-WILSON | KHAJIIT | STAM NB | LVL 50 | CP 585
    AD - THE-LAST-DRUID-OF-PARANOR | ALTMER | MAG DK | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    AD - GALADRIEL-LADY OF LIGHT | IMPERIAL | STAM SORC | LVL 50 | CP 1285

CONSOLE PS5 NA SERVER AS WELL
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I canceled my sub.

When this game launched Shoddycast predicted that the cash shop heralded a coming wave of relentlessly orienting the game around microtransactions, and that the game itself would suffer for it. That's largely been borne out and acknowledged, but I'd go even farther. I believe the cash shop is the cause of these never ending performance problems. I believe that ZOS doesn't care about the core game itself because we've already bought it - they don't get any money by fixing something they already sold us. They only care about the latest bundle of reskinned assets they're going to sell you.

I no longer believe ZOS when they say they're prioritizing these fixes. The crown store is their source of income. It's in your face the moment you open the game. The crown store works great and always has tons of new stuff in it. The quest givers that try to make you buy DLC literally chase you around town.

The game itself gives them no direct income so long as there's a core of people willing to dish out for cash shop items. As a result, It's not the priority and it only degrades over time.

DING DING DING

Now give the man (or woman) thier prize!

I know know I got myself worked up lol. Right before the crash happened I was getting annoyed with abnar tharn because we were trying to stop a ritual but he want to look at a rug on the wall. I got mad that zos locked the door and wouldn't let the quest proceed without talking to him first. Then it glitched and he disappeared so I couldn't talk to him and had to relog. Then the megaserver went down. And I was just like THIS IS THE LAST STRAW!!! I can accept glitches from Skyrim where the questlines are convoluted and there's no ongoing service being paid for with a sub. But in ESO the quests are stripped down to the most linear predictable chains, AND you have a sub, AND they're constantly waving garbage in your face trying to make you spend money, and it STILL doesn't work.
  • VelimOrthic
    VelimOrthic
    ✭✭✭
    Dietche wrote: »
    I canceled my sub.

Frankly?
    Good riddance.

If you cannot tell that ZOS is trying, with all the hard work in optimizations they have at least *tried* to do in terms of performance and server upgrades, then I would rather not have someone like you as part of the ESO collective, ruining fun times for myself and my friends and guild-mates with your infectious and poisonous attitude.

You didn't notice, *just now*, that as soon as they saw a problem, they took the server down to fix it, within hardly moments, and did all this while working at home, during a fudder-ducking pandemic?

Entitlement and negativity will only get you so far in life. Try, instead, recognizing hard work and dedication in your fellow mankind. It might get you a bit more happiness in life.

To ZOS: Thank you for your prompt attention to this issue and your hard work in resolving it. May your families and friends get through these troublesome times, unscathed.

See? Was that so hard?
    --Dietche

dude. i don't spend much time here but i know trolling when i see it. the mods can spot it after 2 words. probably one. user you responded to was obv trolling. granted there's been a thing now where trolling on the internet is done for great justice. they got a president elected. agree or disagree they wanted something to get done. still doesn't mean you take it seriously. in this case, it's another fake lie about a person's actions, and it's meant to move someone with authority over the mover.

you're a goose if you take it seriously. in all of the above mentioned cases.
  • Goldie
    Goldie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I canceled my sub.

Frankly?
    Good riddance.

See? Was that so hard?
    --Dietche

Bruh...

So MANY die hard Elder Scrolls fans feel completely burnt by this company. They paid for the game, and deserve to say whatever they want to.

[snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_FalcoYamaoka on April 30, 2020 12:01AM
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar
  • Marneman
    Marneman
    ✭✭✭
    RNGesus decided to bring his wrath down upon Tamriel. That being said ...

RNGesus has instructed me, his personal "representative" on this plane, to collect tithes from all citizens! The money will be invested into "charitable" causes at my his discretion. The reverend Merry Tallwell has guaranteed the servers will be back up, assuming the citizens pledge a total of at least 10M gold! Please. Do your part. Think of the children!!

As a bonus, all tithe pledgers up to 250K will be saved from the impending Great Flood of Tamriel! But do not despair! RNGesus has a special place for you! To ensure your seat on the Ark of the Daggerfall Covenant, please send 10% of your gold to:

RNGesus "Optional" Tithing Program (ROTP)
    c/o @Marneman
    One RNGesus Tower Place, Box 13
    Vivec City, Vvardenfell, Tamriel 777
  • Goldie
    Goldie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marneman wrote: »
    RNGesus decided to bring his wrath down upon Tamriel. That being said ...

RNGesus has instructed me, his personal "representative" on this plane, to collect tithes from all citizens! The money will be invested into "charitable" causes at my his discretion. The reverend Merry Tallwell has guaranteed the servers will be back up, assuming the citizens pledge a total of at least 10M gold! Please. Do your part. Think of the children!!

As a bonus, all tithe pledgers up to 250K will be saved from the impending Great Flood of Tamriel! But do not despair! RNGesus has a special place for you! To ensure your seat on the Ark of the Daggerfall Covenant, please send 10% of your gold to:

RNGesus "Optional" Tithing Program (ROTP)
    c/o @Marneman
    One RNGesus Tower Place, Box 13
    Vivec City, Vvardenfell, Tamriel 777

Do you have any idea what the postage rates are in Tamriel right now?! This is straight poppycock!
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finaly the NA gets wasted too. (with love from EU) <3
  • Dietche
    Dietche
    ✭✭✭
    Goldie wrote: »

Bruh...

So MANY die hard Elder Scrolls fans feel completely burnt by this company. They paid for the game, and deserve to say whatever they want to.

You lurk in the darkness, licking ZOS boots, until you see the perfect time to hop onto someone elses post to dictate your own opinion, while hiding behind deliberate fake kindness as you toe the line of the forum rules. EAD

If they feel that burnt, I have no problem with them canceling their subscription, and departing peacefully, without raising drama or making a spectacle. There is no sense in spreading poison about willy nilly just because you have made a decision to leave.

Leave with grace. Leave with dignity.

Going off on a rampage because something is not going your way is the very definition of entitlement. If they wanted to post a calm and rational explanation of why they were leaving, hell, I'd listen to that, and maybe take their words to heart.

But tirades becoming the norm is the very singular most important issue facing us all right now, in every facet of our lives, be that serious matters or frivolous fun. Do you not think that as a band of collective adults that we might want to consider where this is leading us as a society?

And for the record, BRUH, I too am a die hard Elder Scrolls fan. Have been since before Daggerfall on PC. I've been in ESO for many years as well. And just as you allude, I too pay for the game and I too deserve to say what *I* wish to say. And I choose to try to make this game, it's creators, and its community, better in any small way I can.

You, however, seem to only want to defend, and be an apologist for, what ails us all.
    --Dietche
    Guild Leader: Sardonically Synthesized
  • biovitalb16_ESO
    biovitalb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL @ 2 hour downtime at 8pm est.

Oh hey its log in server issues just like Monday...shocking.
  • TineaCruris
    TineaCruris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "You, however, seem to only want to defend, and be an apologist for, what ails us all."
    --Dietche

Yep, you hit that nail right on the head....it just wasn't the nail you meant to hit.
    Edited by TineaCruris on April 30, 2020 12:17AM
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone, just another update here. We brought PC NA back online and maintenance is over. Thank you again for your patience!
    Staff Post
  • VividMind
    VividMind
    ✭✭✭
    This is RICH!

The exact same bugs and glitches are STILL present in the game, as were here when we all rolled into this GEM from Early Access.

6 years later, and players are still running on top of their mounts, and disconnecting from the "MEGASERVERS" when prime time brings them to a screeching halt.

Its OK ZOS, I still love you. Even though youve lied, broken promises, and sold out... I'll take you back.

perfect, and facts
  • SeaUnicorn
    SeaUnicorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The smoke needs to come out so they can fix them properly
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's back up stop complaining
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I canceled my sub.

Frankly?
    Good riddance.

See? Was that so hard?
    --Dietche

I've been subscription since 2014. I love my guild community and how we lift each other up. I love TES and have played every game since morrowind.

I admit to being frustrated, but I don't think anything I said was that "ranty"... I mean, what are we supposed to go on besides results? I'm not paying the subscription fee for sentimental value. At some point people paying for the subscription start to feel scammed.

I'm sure there's a core of coders working their tails off on this stuff, and to them thank you, but I don't see any evidence that it's a priority organizationally. After the multithreading patch my fps ground down to 10. After the performance patch before that, skills just flat out stopped working.

I know from experience what causes those kinds of outcomes: a management that is more interested in getting products out the door than in creating something they can be proud of. The crown store looms larger every year, and the game itself declines. Quantity over quality, just like shoddycast said in 2014.
    Edited by worrallj on April 30, 2020 12:59AM
  • thegreat_one
    thegreat_one
    ✭✭✭✭
    We actually *** posted this topic until they responded.
    I can log back in now.
    Your all Doomed!!!!
  • shaielzafine
    shaielzafine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I canceled my sub.

Frankly?
    Good riddance.

See? Was that so hard?
    --Dietche

I've been subscription since 2014. I love my guild community and how we lift each other up. I love TES and have played every game since morrowind.

I admit to being frustrated, but I don't think anything I said was that "ranty"... I mean, what are we supposed to go on besides results? I'm not paying the subscription fee for sentimental value. At some point people paying for the subscription start to feel scammed.

I'm sure there's a core of coders working their tails off on this stuff, and to them thank you, but I don't see any evidence that it's a priority organizationally. After the multithreading patch my fps ground down to 10. After the performance patch before that, skills just flat out stopped working.

I know from experience what causes those kinds of outcomes: a management that is more interested in getting products out the door than in creating something they can be proud of. The crown store looms larger every year, and the game itself declines. Quantity over quality, just like shoddycast said in 2014.

Exactly. Thank you to the people who fixed the server and login issues. And big yikes to the way things are managed and prioritized. The only thing consistently working is the crown store. A lot of us veteran players have seen the crown store changes over time. From the giant login screen that now appears, to changes in the fifth surprise cards when you buy crown crates, to the inventory pet that grants you bag space, to the skill points / skyshards and skill lines available in the store. I'm speaking as someone who has spent at least 2,000$ over the years on ESO, I would spend way more money if they just fixed performance so I'm not constantly having login problems, input delays, combat bugs, etc. You all know the performance problems and common gripes about end game. At least 4 people I've brought over from other games on to ESO have already quit because of these issues. Lots of people still playing are waiting for a good alternative to PVP. For pve raids there's always been WoW and FF14. They could prioritize fixes over another slew of nonsense combat changes and nerfs, and their community managers could work on actually interacting with their community. As opposed to banning people talking about performance on their Twitch livestream or just giving us cookie cutter responses of "we are aware and working on it". (lots of those issues they're aware of have been around since the beginning btw)
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone, just another update here. We brought PC NA back online and maintenance is over. Thank you again for your patience!

@ZOS_SarahHecker Could we get some information about what the issue was?
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC EU refugees overpop NA server?
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    “There’s been strain on the servers, but they are holding up well.” - Rich Lambert
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Bruh...

You lurk in the darkness, licking ZOS boots, until you see the perfect time to hop onto someone elses post to dictate your own opinion, while hiding behind deliberate fake kindness as you toe the line of the forum rules. EAD

If they feel that burnt, I have no problem with them canceling their subscription, and departing peacefully, without raising drama or making a spectacle. There is no sense in spreading poison about willy nilly just because you have made a decision to leave.

Leave with grace. Leave with dignity.

Going off on a rampage because something is not going your way is the very definition of entitlement. If they wanted to post a calm and rational explanation of why they were leaving, hell, I'd listen to that, and maybe take their words to heart.

But tirades becoming the norm is the very singular most important issue facing us all right now, in every facet of our lives, be that serious matters or frivolous fun. Do you not think that as a band of collective adults that we might want to consider where this is leading us as a society?

And for the record, BRUH, I too am a die hard Elder Scrolls fan. Have been since before Daggerfall on PC. I've been in ESO for many years as well. And just as you allude, I too pay for the game and I too deserve to say what *I* wish to say. And I choose to try to make this game, it's creators, and its community, better in any small way I can.

You, however, seem to only want to defend, and be an apologist for, what ails us all.
    --Dietche

It's bad enough that people are cooped up and unable to see their friends and family. Instead, they come to Tamriel to get away. In a world they invest in, with time, money and emotions, they're seeing persistent and worsening issues. These game worlds are our communities and the worsening issues - and ZOS's poor management of them - needs to be called out for the sake of that community. We all want this game to succeed and the issues get in the way of that. I support each and every rant because ZOS can't fix their bloody game. And as for entitlement - this game was made for us, the customer. The ES fans, the mmo fans. So when we're pissed off, you can be sure we're coming here and making sure ZOS knows it. So what I suggest, is getting back to being helpful and accept that people will justifiably rant. Or like you said, leave with grace, leave with dignity.
  • ZOS_FalcoYamaoka
    Greetings,
    We had to remove some posts due to violating our rules involving baiting and bashing. Please keep your posts constructive and civil. If you have any questions about the actions being taken, please take a moment to review our community rules here.
    Staff Post