The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

GREYMOOR DESYNCS!

• JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TheFM wrote: »
    Reverb wrote: »
    xbobx15 wrote: »
    technohic wrote: »
    And still, we have radio silence...

Yeah. Thought maybe I was mistaken and maybe much like other salary employees every where I have ever worked; people work nights and weekends when the *** hits the fan. I guess not ZOS.

I'm sure they enjoyed their weekend as they clearly must not play the game for their personal entertainment

They don’t consider this to be **** hitting the fan though. The servers are up and only ~50% of their player base is angry.

And back in the Zeni offices today I will bet good money that there are more meetings and conversations about Greymoor marketing and launch than about performance issues.

Hell, I bet they will have more conversations about Coronavirus at work today than they will have about game performance.

I dont doubt they think the *** hasn't hit the fan. That's the problem and why a lot of us are angry.

And in customer base satisfaction; the words only and ~50% would never be used together. If you see a restaurant where anywhere near 50% of its customers are angry, that place is gone. Us gamers are a certain kind of special though. We'll keep complaining and saying "or else" but keep playing. I dont think that will be the case with this issue though.

and then when they are all out of a job because the game failed they will be sitting there confused on what happened.

If the game fails to the point of shut down I imagine a lot of the Dev and Support staff will be relieved to not have to deal with this crap anymore. They’ll be glad to move on to the next thing, and there’s always a “next thing” in the relatively small world of game studio professionals.

But that’s a long long way off, based on ESO profitability. Despite the crappy game stability, performance, and support.

That's if companies don't black list them.

I got a question. Is the Wrobel in Red Dead 2 OUR Ol’ Wrobel? Seriously, I’m not bashing (Rockstar MIGHT be), I’m just curious. Cause crap, I liked Wrobel.
    Edited by JumpmanLane on March 15, 2020 9:56PM
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for your reply concerning tomorrow's patch, Gina.

Apologies that I didn't reply earlier.
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone, we are still planning to have the next PC incremental patch next Monday, March 16, which will include some backend changes in an effort to alleviate some of these issues surrounding input delays. We'll continue monitoring once the patch goes live to make note of any remaining issues.

When will this come to console? We are in a bad way atm.
  • Emphatic_Static
    Emphatic_Static
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skills responsiveness are feeling great! In pvp thus far since today's hot fix, targets aren't feeling dysynced positionally. If I'm in range, they fire. If anyone has any information regarding positional dysyncs in pve please post.

Im hopeful that they got it right.

Incap busted, but dysyncs might be fixed!
    Static

Stamina sORCerer
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just posted.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/516656/pc-input-delay-failure-maybe-even-desync-might-still-be-an-issue-video#latest

Will see with primetime as the game has never functioned perfectly so maybe it's just its usual buggy mess
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skills responsiveness are feeling great! In pvp thus far since today's hot fix, targets aren't feeling dysynced positionally. If I'm in range, they fire. If anyone has any information regarding positional dysyncs in pve please post.

Wait until people are patched and putting a load on the servers. It always feels good when nobody's on
  • Emphatic_Static
    Emphatic_Static
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jadarock wrote: »

Wait until people are patched and putting a load on the servers. It always feels good when nobody's on

Yeah I should have specified, in BGs things felt great this morning, which they did not yesterday.

I realize open world cyrodiil is a whole different animal, and will be trying it during prime time for sure.
    Static

Stamina sORCerer
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incap is busted? *bangshead*
  • Emphatic_Static
    Emphatic_Static
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    merevie wrote: »
    Incap is busted? *bangshead*

On the receiving end. It stuns but their body on the ground can still move lol. They can't cast anything, but it's terrible on the receiving end because you are still running around so u don't know u are technically cc'd, wondering why skills won't fire. Feels like silence lol
    Static

Stamina sORCerer
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

The patch didn't fix the server side lag/desynch introduced with harrowstorm.

EU PC, prime time, got to mash buttons 5, 6 times for a skill to go as soon as I enter combat.

It's so sad.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lag? Check. Crashes? Check. So what was that patch for?

EDIT:
    To make it more clear. I have crashed on my coldharbour sieges just like yesterday. I have lags and desyncs just like yesterday. My skills doesnt fire of just like yesterday.
    Edited by Mayrael on March 16, 2020 7:16PM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Emphatic_Static
    Emphatic_Static
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah.

It seems that in BGs I had less dysyncs than yesterday, in open world Cyrodiil things are still wonky.

*Shocked* It's not fixed.
    Static

Stamina sORCerer
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't think it was so bad until just now while trying the Village of the Lost in Coldharbour. The lag was terrible. Tried for an hour and I've given up. Maybe save this one for another day when the fix is done, hopefully.
    PS4/PS5/NA - And sometimes EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Long story short....it’s a gd thing that
    ZoS and the FDA are 2 entirely different things.
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom pass to devs :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_p5l4fOng0

See how many times I'm spamming the skill to get it effective.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After playing whole evening I can tell that:
    1. During non prime hours there is almost no to marginal lag. Improvement.
    2. During prime hours lag, skills delays, desyncs are still present, but I believe it's a bit softer than it used to be after last patch.
    3. It still is worse than before 5.3.5 patch.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Emphatic_Static
    Emphatic_Static
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    2. During prime hours lag, skills delays, desyncs are still present, but I believe it's a bit softer than it used to be after last patch.

I agree. Improvement. Still worse than before update 25. Accurate.
    Static

Stamina sORCerer
  • Arcanasx
    Arcanasx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I didn't notice this before, but after the newest patch when you begin charging up a heavy attack and hold sprint after at the same time, the sprint doesn't activate after anymore, but your stamina is still being consumed as if you were sprinting. Before I was able to charge a heavy attack, then hold sprint after a slight delay, and when the heavy attack fired off my sprint would work right after.
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TheFM wrote: »
    xbobx15 wrote: »
    And still, we have radio silence...

Yeah. Thought maybe I was mistaken and maybe much like other salary employees every where I have ever worked; people work nights and weekends when the *** hits the fan. I guess not ZOS.

I'm sure they enjoyed their weekend as they clearly must not play the game for their personal entertainment

They don’t consider this to be **** hitting the fan though. The servers are up and only ~50% of their player base is angry.

And back in the Zeni offices today I will bet good money that there are more meetings and conversations about Greymoor marketing and launch than about performance issues.

Hell, I bet they will have more conversations about Coronavirus at work today than they will have about game performance.

I dont doubt they think the *** hasn't hit the fan. That's the problem and why a lot of us are angry.

And in customer base satisfaction; the words only and ~50% would never be used together. If you see a restaurant where anywhere near 50% of its customers are angry, that place is gone. Us gamers are a certain kind of special though. We'll keep complaining and saying "or else" but keep playing. I dont think that will be the case with this issue though.

and then when they are all out of a job because the game failed they will be sitting there confused on what happened.

If the game fails to the point of shut down I imagine a lot of the Dev and Support staff will be relieved to not have to deal with this crap anymore. They’ll be glad to move on to the next thing, and there’s always a “next thing” in the relatively small world of game studio professionals.

But that’s a long long way off, based on ESO profitability. Despite the crappy game stability, performance, and support.

That's if companies don't black list them.

I got a question. Is the Wrobel in Red Dead 2 OUR Ol’ Wrobel? Seriously, I’m not bashing (Rockstar MIGHT be), I’m just curious. Cause crap, I liked Wrobel.

I have no idea😬
  • Emphatic_Static
    Emphatic_Static
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It feels like certain calculations that used to be relegated to the client are now being calculated by the server, which leaves the client in limbo waiting for a response, sometimes failing to get a response in time therefore canceling the ability all together.

If they thought they could change the way these actions are calculated in order to do away with animation canceling, which is an established way of forcing the client to send request for action, they are extremely out of touch with how their servers handle calculation loads.

It has always struggled. We need less calculations regulated to the server, more things to be designated to the CLIENT, NOT the other way around.
    Edited by Emphatic_Static on March 17, 2020 1:47AM
    Static

Stamina sORCerer
  • Stevie6
    Stevie6
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes, I've done some testing this morning with hardly anybody around and just about everything worked well except for light and heavy attacks. The animations seemed kind of strange. It just seemed odd, strange. The light or heavy attack seemed to be after the fact. Mouse click for LA and the animation was there but the actual damage was delayed.

Now in the evening hours, the server capacity is up and LAAGGGGGG. Nothing works right. So,

1. Should another game engine replace the old one so that ESO can continue on in a relatively smooth manor or

2. Should ESO devs physically build another server (in Texas) to help offset the over populated NA PC server?

3. Other thoughts ??
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stevie6 wrote: »

Yes, I've done some testing this morning with hardly anybody around and just about everything worked well except for light and heavy attacks. The animations seemed kind of strange. It just seemed odd, strange. The light or heavy attack seemed to be after the fact. Mouse click for LA and the animation was there but the actual damage was delayed.

Now in the evening hours, the server capacity is up and LAAGGGGGG. Nothing works right. So,

1. Should another game engine replace the old one so that ESO can continue on in a relatively smooth manor or

2. Should ESO devs physically build another server (in Texas) to help offset the over populated NA PC server?

3. Other thoughts ??

...or kill the game? I believe it won't last long if nothing will change. PvP crowd got used to lags, but PvE players? Especially trial groups where weaving is so important. I have a bad feeling about this...
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

• Emphatic_Static
    Emphatic_Static
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stevie6 wrote: »

3. Other thoughts ??

1. Simple tasks seem impossible, ground up rework is out of the question.

2. That costs money and all profits are being pocketed.

3. All hope is lost.
    Static

Stamina sORCerer
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]
    It has always struggled. We need less calculations regulated to the server, more things to be designated to the CLIENT, NOT the other way around.

Yeah, we all know how well that went.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The german community Manager did say that they only scratched the Surface with mondays patch. Why one has to go to the german Forum to find such pieces of Information is beyond me.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • pma_pacifier
    pma_pacifier
    ✭✭✭
    Have you all tried disabling your add-ons or resetting your router?
    It's definitely not the server. In fact, after update 25 the server should be handle things more efficiently. The performance should have been improved with the much needed block change. It should feel better and smoother now especially with block. I'm not sure what's happening. Check out ESO's previous stream on the block change, they've explained the technicals very well.

"Block is an ability that everyone can use at any time, which means it can create a lot of traffic for the server to handle. In our continued efforts to improve performance, we are adjusting how the ability works under the hood. You will still be able to do everything you used to with Block. What you’ll notice is animations will blend a bit differently out of a “block cancel”, but the effectiveness of an ability will remain and function the same; the ability will still fire when “block cancelled” but you won’t have any “dead time” before the global combat cooldown ends. This should also get rid of a few health desync issues when getting killing blows with abilities that have been triggered after a block cancel. By refactoring Block much the same way we did with Sprint in the previous Update, we expect the usage of that ability to be more performant."

kapp
    :)
    a
  • ElvenVeil
    ElvenVeil
    ✭✭✭
    ...or kill the game? I believe it won't last long if nothing will change. PvP crowd got used to lags, but PvE players? Especially trial groups where weaving is so important. I have a bad feeling about this...

the pvp players are giving up as well. Current state of the way game is faaaar worse than back when it was just 'lags' that was the problem. Most players (if not all) that I know have greatly reduced the amount of hours they play and this can basically just be attributed to how poorly the game performs now. There was some hope that the performance patch would make things better, but zos just declares talent-bankruptcy when the only thing they manage is to break the game even further. So yeah it does seem very likely that they game will die out in a not so distant future if zos can't improve stuff.
  • Emphatic_Static
    Emphatic_Static
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you all tried disabling your add-ons or resetting your router?
    It's definitely not the server. In fact, after update 25 the server should be handle things more efficiently. The performance should have been improved with the much needed block change. It should feel better and smoother now especially with block. I'm not sure what's happening. Check out ESO's previous stream on the block change, they've explained the technicals very well.

"Block is an ability that everyone can use at any time, which means it can create a lot of traffic for the server to handle. In our continued efforts to improve performance, we are adjusting how the ability works under the hood. You will still be able to do everything you used to with Block. What you’ll notice is animations will blend a bit differently out of a “block cancel”, but the effectiveness of an ability will remain and function the same; the ability will still fire when “block cancelled” but you won’t have any “dead time” before the global combat cooldown ends. This should also get rid of a few health desync issues when getting killing blows with abilities that have been triggered after a block cancel. By refactoring Block much the same way we did with Sprint in the previous Update, we expect the usage of that ability to be more performant."

kapp
    :)
    a

You trolly troll, you
    Static

Stamina sORCerer
  • CritsTheBed
    CritsTheBed
    ✭✭✭✭
    So. Reduce pop again and reduce healing and damage done for groups over 6.
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sanguinor2 wrote: »
    The german community Manager did say that they only scratched the Surface with mondays patch. Why one has to go to the german Forum to find such pieces of Information is beyond me.

I noticed the German mods are a bit more forthcoming with information