Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Alliance Lock Ruining PvP for Many

• Gariele
    Gariele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ruining? if it is doing anything its making it better, Stops the faction hoppers leeching from every faction. I hope they make the locks even more strict.
    PC/EU
    Winter Rose Autumn Rose Summer Rose Pacific Rose Midnight Rose
    RoseESO Discord
    RoseESO Website
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I requested a forum account just to answer this thread, usually prefer to play instead of dicussing in the forum.

I used 8 characters, 4 blue, 2 yellow, 2 red. Xbox EU. I played until reaching Tier 3 and longer, so 24 "tier-units" a month.

Since the lock, I just spend 1/6 of the former time in Cyrodiil, so PVP is almost dead for me.

I use my 4 blue to reach tier 1, so that I get at least 4x50 transmutation crystals. As blue is the weakest faction, there is no use in reaching tier 3, as they would get no purple reward boxes. before the lock, there was at least a chance they could win the campaign, as the amount of players in the different factions changed more often.

Many argue, that I could use the other campaigns. Well, I tried.
    They are deserted, 0-3 enemy players, 0-3 other members of my faction. There is no more fun playing like this, so I prefer to give up any potential rewards in favour to switching to PVE.

On the positive side, this switch added to my wealth. I now spend a lot of time farming mats and motifs in Elsweyr. So I am glad that ZOS did not waste time fixing the bugs in Cyrodiil,m but focussed on creating an alternative for players who are fed up with PVP. Since the campaign started, I made more than half a million meanwhile trading stuff.

I never "spied", just used the alliances for which I had created characters already before I joined Cyrodiil in order to enjoy different varieties the game offers. Deleting them to create players of just one alliance is no option, as all are meanwhile advanced crafters, and have learned dozends of traits over months. You simply don't delete the work of months.

An acceptable solution for me would be a permanent alliance switch, even if it would be for Cyrodiil only in order to avoid inconsistance with the solo main story line (an argument I sometimes have read why no permanent alliance switch is offered). As long as we have no such option, I will enjoy the new PVE options ZOS offers us with the latest Addon and DLCs
    available soon.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kel wrote: »
    On PS4 NA, we'd frequently get players from other alliances jumping into chat just to talk *** and taunt.
    Aside from the scroll antics and AP boosting, this has been the best change for me. Chat has never been better. You can actually announce where your group is headed and not have to worry about another faction waiting for you.

Agreed. It’s a great change. I’m sure there are still a few tryhards out there with secondary accounts that spy for their alliance, but they are in the minority.

To anyone complaining about the fact that they can’t zerg surf all 14 of their toons now for max transmute rewards: this is an AvAvA PVP zone, not a transmute stone grinding zone. If you’re so worried about your precious transmute stones, you can play the 7 day campaigns on those characters that can’t get into Kaal. This change was made for the good of the campaign; if you don’t care about the campaign, then you have other options.

FOR THE QUEEN.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I requested a forum account just to answer this thread, usually prefer to play instead of dicussing in the forum.

I used 8 characters, 4 blue, 2 yellow, 2 red. Xbox EU. I played until reaching Tier 3 and longer, so 24 "tier-units" a month.

Since the lock, I just spend 1/6 of the former time in Cyrodiil, so PVP is almost dead for me.

I use my 4 blue to reach tier 1, so that I get at least 4x50 transmutation crystals. As blue is the weakest faction, there is no use in reaching tier 3, as they would get no purple reward boxes. before the lock, there was at least a chance they could win the campaign, as the amount of players in the different factions changed more often.

They are deserted, 0-3 enemy players, 0-3 other members of my faction. There is no more fun playing like this, so I prefer to give up any potential rewards in favour to switching to PVE.

On the positive side, this switch added to my wealth. I now spend a lot of time farming mats and motifs in Elsweyr. So I am glad that ZOS did not waste time fixing the bugs in Cyrodiil,m but focussed on creating an alternative for players who are fed up with PVP. Since the campaign started, I made more than half a million meanwhile trading stuff.

I never "spied", just used the alliances for which I had created characters already before I joined Cyrodiil in order to enjoy different varieties the game offers. Deleting them to create players of just one alliance is no option, as all are meanwhile advanced crafters, and have learned dozends of traits over months. You simply don't delete the work of months.

An acceptable solution for me would be a permanent alliance switch, even if it would be for Cyrodiil only in order to avoid inconsistance with the solo main story line (an argument I sometimes have read why no permanent alliance switch is offered). As long as we have no such option, I will enjoy the new PVE options ZOS offers us with the latest Addon and DLCs
    available soon.

You want transmute crystals and other shinies. Others want to play the long game and capture keeps and resources, get emperorship, and score highest at the end of the month. I know which one I'd prioritize, especially since you can still get your carrots in other ways, but the Alliance play suffers heavily from faction hopping.
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    To anyone complaining about the fact that they can’t zerg surf all 14 of their toons now for max transmute rewards: this is an AvAvA PVP zone

Wrong.
    It is PVP, it is transmute reward zone, it is daily quest zone.

Problem with many forum users like you is, that they are not interested in finding a constructive solution that works for all players (except for those who abuse the system), but instead prefer to bash on everyone who does not have exactly the same opinion as yourself.

Potential solutions were offered, you ignore them and continue to paint a strict white/black picture. Single-dimensional way of thinking. This is why I usually don't post in these forums, and not as someone else assumed before because I simply accepted the situation as it is.

The current solution that locks out also players who have no bad intentions like spying or disrupting the chat removes some core functionality of the game they bought. As there is no financial compensation for this los, I use my own way of compensation, and stopped buying crown store offers. This meanwhile saved me more than I had initially payed for the whole game, so it is ok for me, and the PVP issue buried.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »

available soon.

You want transmute crystals and other shinies. Others want to play the long game and capture keeps and resources, get emperorship, and score highest at the end of the month. I know which one I'd prioritize, especially since you can still get your carrots in other ways, but the Alliance play suffers heavily from faction hopping.

Yet "Alliance War" seems to be suffering more from faction lock according to the scoring. I wonder what will happen when everyone swaps to the previous winning faction? Hmmm...

Oh well, no worries! By then all the players will have returned from the expansion, right?
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So where is your problem with my post? Did I deny you what you just wrote about? No.
    Instead, I offered an alternative solution to the one ZOS has chosen.

One with an alliance lock AND permanent alliance switch. This would be ok for both sides.

So I don't get your point.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kel wrote: »
    On PS4 NA, we'd frequently get players from other alliances jumping into chat just to talk *** and taunt.
    Aside from the scroll antics and AP boosting, this has been the best change for me. Chat has never been better. You can actually announce where your group is headed and not have to worry about another faction waiting for you.

FOR THE QUEEN.

^ That's right!
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To anyone complaining about the fact that they can’t zerg surf all 14 of their toons now for max transmute rewards: this is an AvAvA PVP zone

Wrong.
    It is PVP, it is transmute reward zone, it is daily quest zone.

Problem with many forum users like you is, that they are not interested in finding a constructive solution that works for all players (except for those who abuse the system), but instead prefer to bash on everyone who does not have exactly the same opinion as yourself.

Please look at my join date. Cyrodiil is, and always has been, an AvAvA zone with an emphasis on faction loyalty. Transmutation stones are a recent-ish addition that do not define the ultimate purpose of the zone. You can farm transmute stones and do quests on the 7 day campaigns if you don’t care about the 30 day campaign score.
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want 1 alliance change token for my stamplar, just one and id be happy. Its redundant now, its a bit late to implement this as people have made different faction characters.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So where is your problem with my post? Did I deny you what you just wrote about? No.
    Instead, I offered an alternative solution to the one ZOS has chosen.

One with an alliance lock AND permanent alliance switch. This would be ok for both sides.

So I don't get your point.

My point is that you can keep doing what you're doing even without an alliance switch. There are non-locked campaigns you can use. I'm not opposed to permanent alliance switch, but I suspect it's far more complicated than either of us imagines. In the end, and as with so many things, I blame the lack of spine on ZOS' part. They should have defended AvAvA from the beginning instead of looking the other way on exploits, cheats and whatnot.
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very happy with faction lock. It is a bit like being locked inside a hut with an insane family for months...but worth it.
    Even more happy in a few hours when the final stragglers go back to where we can kill them.
    Like the tosser we've had on Dc, sitting on his pony in fights, hate whispering us about how if we are not nice to him, he will "tell his friends in ep".
    Can we make the lock longer? Like a year?
    PS Would also appreciate you lot finally banning the guys exploiting through our doors and ganking wall defense.
    Edited by merevie on June 19, 2019 10:32AM
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casarion wrote: »
    The new alliance lock feature has hindered many players, myself included from being able to pvp with one another. It would be one thing if you could change factions for a fee of AP or gold, but instead I'm locked to red for a whole month while everyone who I ballgroup with is on yellow-Xbox. Some others I know made this mistake so we've lost several people already due to this new feature. Are other people disappointed in this feature? It's basically killed over half the game for me since I can't group or play with most of my friends for a month.

so you forgett u play in a ball group, or whats ur point?
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a PVE player only ever touched PVP during events or to get the guaranteed monthly 50 crystals by doing pvp content on the same campaign on all factions.

Since the lock havnt set foot in Cyrodil.
  • stephbay123
    stephbay123
    ✭✭✭
    if you played yellow in the past with your friends, why not join campaign as yellow? Simple choice to make
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thannazzar wrote: »
    As a PVE player only ever touched PVP during events or to get the guaranteed monthly 50 crystals by doing pvp content on the same campaign on all factions.

Good. It’s an AvAvA zone, not a Transmutation grind zone. You can still grind stones in the 7 day campaign, if you want. It’s less guaranteed stones and requires more PVP every week, but hey! I can’t run a handful of dungeons and get all the guaranteed armor/weapon drops I want, so I can’t really empathize with you there. We all have to spend some time grinding content we don’t like, and that goes for PVEers too.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good. It’s an AvAvA zone, not a Transmutation grind zone. You can still grind stones in the 7 day campaign, if you want. It’s less guaranteed stones and requires more PVP every week, but hey! I can’t run a handful of dungeons and get all the guaranteed armor/weapon drops I want, so I can’t really empathize with you there. We all have to spend some time grinding content we don’t like, and that goes for PVEers too.

This. Cyrodiil was never meant to be a source of transmutation geodes. Geodes are there for PvPers that spent their time playing PvP and have much harder time to get the right gear they need.

The main purpose of Cyrodiil are objectives so rules and restrictions should be built around that, not convenience of people who use Cyrodiil as a transmutation crystals farm.

Nobody has taken anything from faction hoppers, you still can do what you used to but in a different way. On the other hand faction lock supporters had no option to play as they want - it seams that only faction hoppers have right to such "features". Now both sides can play as they want, you just need to adapt.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »

The main purpose of Cyrodiil are objectives so rules and restrictions should be built around that, not convenience of people who use Cyrodiil as a transmutation crystals farm.

i5f4j6ajezaz.gif
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I whole heartly agree with the faction lock, there is other campaign, more than enough for diff alliance, but i do have to disagree with peeps when they say its an AvAvA zone it is actually a PvPvX zone
    Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction Lock is hurting exploiters that can no longer cheat the leaderboard for 10+ 30-day rewards. FTFY

Everyone else is fine because they play on only one faction for leaderboard rewards like a correct person. If you want to play with your friends on another faction, go to another campaign - AP is AP. The only reason why you'd complain is because you're after the leaderboard so you can exploit it. You can't cheat anymore - get over it.

You Sir/ma’am are 100% correct! I don’t know who you are but you are amazing.

• Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the lock.
  • dazza1033
    dazza1033
    ✭✭✭
    When ever I log in the locked campaign has the highest number of players. Just goes to show the silent majority rules
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Casarion wrote: »
    I'm done replying to these ignorant posts that are completely disregarding my point. Just think about the other side and how annoying it'd be to spend thousands of hours between three different factions, grouping on each one and enjoying all of it, making countless friends and then all of that is thrown away for a month at a time. By endorsing the faction lock, you're basically saying I can't pvp on the majority of my characters or play with anyone who isn't on that one faction. No, Shor is not an option on console since it's 0 bars all day on Xbox. BGs are possible, but me and my friends all have high MMRs (If that's even a thing anymore idk) and the queues take at the very least 20 minutes per match. This isn't to complain, moreso to propose a possible solution to this that would please both sides. A fee for changing factions mid campaign could at the very least solve some situations, maybe for a million AP?

Either way, this feature is way too restrictive and doesn't take into consideration the many people who play more than one faction. You can't disregard this fact by just simply saying "Choose one". That's not a reasonable solution. Maybe instead of shitting on my opinion, maybe someone would like to propose a different solution?

Anyway, i'm done looking at this thread, it's just full of people jumping the gun. Hope you all enjoy your RP zergs.

I’m not sure how having one faction locked campaign prevents players like you from playing any of the other non-locked campaigns.

If I took Cyrodiil PvP seriously I’d want to have a campaign that didn’t allow for alliance hopping and where committing to an alliance actually meant something.

If I just want to mess about in Cyrodiil with friends and have lots of fights and not really worry about the eventual outcome, I’ll go to an unlocked campaign.

The fact that the unlocked campaigns have lower populations shows most Cyrodiil PvPers want to play in the locked campaigns where the results have meaning.

As far as saying simply “choose one”, that is what you’re doing when you play with your friends. You’re collectively choosing to play for one alliance. If you want to play with different friends on different alliances over the same campaign, then you need to choose the less serious non-locked campaign. Whichever you choose, it’s good that you have both those options.
  • Mannix1958
    Mannix1958
    ✭✭✭✭
    dazza1033 wrote: »
    When ever I log in the locked campaign has the highest number of players. Just goes to show the silent majority rules

Why use your necro powers to bring back life to this thread that died back in July?
  • thissocalledflower
    thissocalledflower
    ✭✭✭
    This thread is like 9 months old. There is alliance locked and not alliance locked pvp for cyrodiil. Are people still complaining? I don't understand..
    After careful consideration (and oh! so much deliberation) we have concluded that you circumstance sounds too much like a l2p issue for it to be just a mere coincidence.
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    We have closed this thread as it has recently resurfaced. Old threads such as this may contain information that is no longer accurate and can cause confusion when they show up on the first page. If you believe that this subject still warrants discussion and you can not find a recent thread, it is better to create a new one rather than to respond to one from moths ago.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.