Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templars PvP - Detailed Guide, Suggestions, Advice, etc. - Elsweyr

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve been slowly trying to gear up multiple toons so haven’t set it up, but when I was on PTS I was messing around with a build that could help.

Kena + shacklebreaker + NMA, lightning staff front bar, breaking NMA with BRP DW. I tried it on an Altmer, BRP DW MH Nirn OH infused weapon damage because quick cloak will proc the weapon damage enchant on your front bar.

It’d be hard to sustain with lightning heavies, but in melee range it’s pretty reliable to get up to 7k spell damage. Sustain would be the issue.

I also think there’s a stealth Templar nerf. Scathing mage should be reliable to proc with sweeps, but it was pure trash when I tried it.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 1, 2020 12:16PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    Yea I'm considering farming gossamer for that reason

Yeah...I'm not a fan of having to go to PVE land to farm but might have to. That or replace my 2her front bar dual wield to get that major protection as well if you want to possibly be at the top level of mitigation, but the tradeoff and cost for small windows might be too much for a mag player.
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    Let's talk gear and builds for bit, share some ideas.
    Glass cannons, Balanced tanks, let's hear it - PVP

Atm and for awhile I’ve been rocking overwhelming surge(lightning staff front) /Storm knight/ 2pc potato SnB. Seeing as how abilities, ultimates, and just about everything is lagging, I figured It would be better to at least get some dmg on ppl while I’m getting desyncd...and honestly with mit potions the dmg isn’t far behind BtB/NMA ...
    Edited by UppGRAYxDD on March 1, 2020 4:55PM
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea I tried pvp just now and couldnt bar swap, had to press buttons 200 times for then to work. Ults not working the list goes on .. absolute disaster of a game at min. If I had just bought it I would likely take it back for a refund as it doesnt work
  • Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭
    What's best to combine with Spinner's set on an Altmer, mostly for solo in Imperial City. Sadly I cannot reliably group so it has to be a solo.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So I´ve been Looking at the new sets and was wondering About one Thing. Would Draugrkin buff all 3 components of force pulse? If it does it might be a decent set for ranged magplar if you can fit some dots with force pulse weaves, even better with Asylum destro for Burning and concussion ticks. Would also be decent for sweeps if it buffs all ticks I guess.
    Did anyone do any testing with this set? I didnt have pts anymore for 6 months or something so I cant test it myself.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vyvrhel wrote: »
    What's best to combine with Spinner's set on an Altmer, mostly for solo in Imperial City. Sadly I cannot reliably group so it has to be a solo.

When in doubt go shacklebreaker imo. I’d say NMA but spinners is already a front bar set.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • FirmamentOfStars
    FirmamentOfStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

When in doubt go shacklebreaker imo. I’d say NMA but spinners is already a front bar set.

Just wear NMA on bidy and frontbar spinners, easy solution ;)
    Its pretty much the most offensive setup you can get, when in light armor. But having NMA active all the time is nothing for newer players.
    Edited by FirmamentOfStars on March 1, 2020 8:04PM
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would it be better for magplar to infuse jewellery for spell damage?
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Destyran wrote: »
    In no cp absolutely, I run 2 infused spell damage in my build plus an arcane recovery piece. Because we don’t have the extra stats that cp players have we get better scaling on stacking spell damage in particular because of our access to minor sorcery.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Destyran wrote: »
    In no cp absolutely, I run 2 infused spell damage in my build plus an arcane recovery piece. Because we don’t have the extra stats that cp players have we get better scaling on stacking spell damage in particular because of our access to minor sorcery.
    What about in CP campaign
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have two swift and an infused, all SD enchants. I'm thinking about changing the swift to protective. I only started using swift because I was getting outnumbered so much, but while it helps me run away from zergs a little better, it doesn't help much when I do get a 1v1. Maybe triune would be better than protective though?
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have two swift and an infused, all SD enchants. I'm thinking about changing the swift to protective. I only started using swift because I was getting outnumbered so much, but while it helps me run away from zergs a little better, it doesn't help much when I do get a 1v1. Maybe triune would be better than protective though?

I was thinking tri rune with all hakeijo
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just wear NMA on bidy and frontbar spinners, easy solution ;)
    Its pretty much the most offensive setup you can get, when in light armor. But having NMA active all the time is nothing for newer players.

I’d probably go Breton if you’re doing NMA and spinners, especially double barring NMA. But hey, both of those on a Altmer would be hella damage.
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I went three infused with 2x spell damage and a reduce cost
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man. Stam players are just taking my lunch and eating it in front of me. I just can't beat these builds. I started playing at Summerset. I've been a magplar since I started. But it's just not working out in melee range against any stam builds. Been thinking of switching to Stamplar.
    Edited by StarOfElyon on March 5, 2020 4:31AM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man. Stam players are just taking my lunch and eating it in front of me. I just can't beat these builds. I started playing at Summerset. I've been a magplar since I started. But it's just not working out in melee range against any stam builds. Been thinking of switching to Stamplar.

Well depending on what you are fighting. there are things you can do but in general, I think magplar encourages you to let your health get below 75% before healing but if you dont keep your health topped off and get much below it, meta stam players are going to go dizzy med attack ultimate executioner and gnight sweet prince. Especially if you dont have an immovable pot or enough stam to break free, roll dodge, and block.

As I mentioned before, bot only does major evasion mess with jabs, it also messes with any powerful ult right now. So between that and keeping vigor up is the only thing stam will help you with.

Really only knowing what they're going to try to do and you burst them first is going to save you, not just going stam. Wardens will be soamming shalks every 3 seconds you have to try and avoid. DLs dots hurt so you'll see a claw and beat you need to match with ER. Stamplars going to go ham and try to soften you up with jabs. Necros make the move rather than you sot in any red circles. Stam sorc is a little weaker but if you get a steak, break and roll and stay put of their AOE until you are ready to go fur burst. NBs just block and dodge roll after they open then spam sweep to keep them exposed
  • Trancestor
    Trancestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Go full dmg cheese build to kill the good stam players or forget about it.

• Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well if your a magplar and u fight someone with BRP DW your basically doing 25% less then with their proc it’s 30% less on top of that reduction so you aren’t wrong it’s just a op set right now
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t really have a problem with the meta stam builds, what’s been wrecking me are medium armour stamsorcs. They can use shuffle and with the standard burst combo can burst me down from 100% health.

I’ve always used a resto back bar and don’t go into melee unless I’m ready to burst someone down. I’ve been using speed as my primary defense so the loss of the snare on ritual plus stamsorc speed is what’s messing me up.

I’ve been primarily playing BGs and in most games it’s business as usual and I do really well. If one of those stamsorcs is around though I know it’s going to be a rough game.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 5, 2020 11:22AM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Saw you in IC the other day and seemed like we were cruising... What's your burst combo?
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@StarOfElyon I used to see you alot in BG's. Your burst combos seemed fine, but you tend to crutch a bit more on going defensive when you should be capitalizing offensively. When you need to heal, throw down your rune and then cleanse before you BoL/HtD. Then quickly switch back to offensive with a CC so you can get your combo off. If you're having trouble staying on the offensive, maybe consider running two defense monster helms and keeping up Living Dark.

What are you currently running at the moment?
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When you need to heal, throw down your rune and then cleanse before you BoL/HtD.

You only need to throw down rune or cleanse, not both. Both of them benefit from the Sacred passive. But I'm sure you meant to use either / or. And priority should be on cleansing any defiles before healing.

As for the topic of Stamina, they do feel quite strong in bgs right now. I really haven't found magicka to be as deadly against me when I play my magplar. Sorc pets are still a thing, though. And it can be quite irritating to have an imp, flying thing, atronach, and sometimes Daedroth from monster helm all moving around while trying to focus on the Sorc.

I've gone back to being more of a hybrid magplar dps/heals. I average just as much damage as I do healing. I stand behind, keep people up, and charge in or pick off players when I can. It seems to work well.

I'm still noticing how many players are only focused on their own healing. I have clutch saved so many players from death. But not feeling the love in return. lol.

One player in another thread talked about going Nord for magplar. I might give that a try. They also mentioned they keep HoD on the front bar so they can keep in the fight. Total Dark should work the same, and I have used that too. But that Nord mitigation sounds quite nice. The stam and health are a bonus too. Hmmm...
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »

You only need to throw down rune or cleanse, not both. Both of them benefit from the Sacred passive. But I'm sure you meant to use either / or. And priority should be on cleansing any defiles before healing.

As for the topic of Stamina, they do feel quite strong in bgs right now. I really haven't found magicka to be as deadly against me when I play my magplar. Sorc pets are still a thing, though. And it can be quite irritating to have an imp, flying thing, atronach, and sometimes Daedroth from monster helm all moving around while trying to focus on the Sorc.

I've gone back to being more of a hybrid magplar dps/heals. I average just as much damage as I do healing. I stand behind, keep people up, and charge in or pick off players when I can. It seems to work well.

I'm still noticing how many players are only focused on their own healing. I have clutch saved so many players from death. But not feeling the love in return. lol.

One player in another thread talked about going Nord for magplar. I might give that a try. They also mentioned they keep HoD on the front bar so they can keep in the fight. Total Dark should work the same, and I have used that too. But that Nord mitigation sounds quite nice. The stam and health are a bonus too. Hmmm...

Agree to what you say About bgs, I see the same. Im healing a lot and usually have 3 stam Players with green vigor and if Im lucky one stamdk will heal me with stray cauterizes, otherwise you just have to survive until they kill what focuses you or kill it yourself.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When you need to heal, throw down your rune and then cleanse before you BoL/HtD.

That’s how I play, mixing damage and healing and it works well. Some games I’ll heal more because that’s where the team’s weak, sometimes I’ll focus more on damage because we’ll have a healer.

Idk about Nord though. What irks me in BGs when I mentioned stamsorcs is I’ve seen some stack speed and med + shuffle. I’ll be in the back line bidding my time waiting to pounce, they’ll shuffle through the pack - do the dizzy/onslaught combo and one shot me. I’m thinking I need to either add health or passive % damage reductions to counter it.

Reason I mention it is the Nord resistances won’t help vs onslaught, and except for stamsorcs who’re fast I think magtemplars do well. It’s annoying to fight stam who use BRP + vamp and your damage just stops at 20% health, but it’s not like they kill you.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It’s annoying to fight stam who use BRP + vamp and your damage just stops at 20% health, but it’s not like they kill you.

BRP duel wield needs to go. It's terrible that the Devs still let this exist.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It’s annoying to fight stam who use BRP + vamp and your damage just stops at 20% health, but it’s not like they kill you.

BRP duel wield needs to go. It's terrible that the Devs still let this exist.

Can be, but they’re just stalling and not taking you down. As long as you don’t let your buffs drop a lot of those builds aren’t much of a threat.

I usually just reset and heavy lightning attack and get some distance. If it’s a DK they’ll be trying to set you up for a leap combo, so just don’t sweeps spam because the healing is based on damage done so you can’t rely on it to heal. It’s only really stamwardens who’re a real threat because they can shalks + dizzy + onslaught burst. Stamnecros seem just happy they’re staying alive rather then setting up a burst, a lot of new stamnecros. Stamtemplars are too hard to take down too and rely on you being too aggressive and getting sloppy.

Sweeps spam mostly just works on NBs. Stamsorcs for me F me up because I’ve been adding swift to kite and they’re faster than me, I’m used to adding some swift working so stam can’t reliably land a dizzy on me.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 6, 2020 1:46AM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@StarOfElyon I used to see you alot in BG's. Your burst combos seemed fine, but you tend to crutch a bit more on going defensive when you should be capitalizing offensively. When you need to heal, throw down your rune and then cleanse before you BoL/HtD. Then quickly switch back to offensive with a CC so you can get your combo off. If you're having trouble staying on the offensive, maybe consider running two defense monster helms and keeping up Living Dark.

What are you currently running at the moment?

I'm usually in Imperial City now. Stam players are just killing me.
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can be, but they’re just stalling and not taking you down. As long as you don’t let your buffs drop a lot of those builds aren’t much of a threat.

I usually just reset and heavy lightning attack and get some distance. If it’s a DK they’ll be trying to set you up for a leap combo, so just don’t sweeps spam because the healing is based on damage done so you can’t rely on it to heal. It’s only really stamwardens who’re a real threat because they can shalks + dizzy + onslaught burst. Stamnecros seem just happy they’re staying alive rather then setting up a burst, a lot of new stamnecros. Stamtemplars are too hard to take down too and rely on you being too aggressive and getting sloppy.

Sweeps spam mostly just works on NBs. Stamsorcs for me F me up because I’ve been adding swift to kite and they’re faster than me, I’m used to adding some swift working so stam can’t reliably land a dizzy on me.

It's not just "stalling" tho. It costs one GCD to guarantee that you'll be able to heal up, if not to full, then at least enough to start going offensive on a Templar. You can run 3 damage sets, back bar a 2pc, and voila. If you die to a Templar in a 1v1 while using BRP DW, it's a COMPLETE and utter L2P issue, or your build sucks, or their build sucks*, and you suck worse for dying to it. Either way it's L2P.

*You can play range Magplar, D-Swing Stamplar, whatever, and sure it will go thru BRP DW. But if you aren't building for and using Sweeps/Jabs you aren't Templaring correctly unless you are healer/support.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I posted my Build last week. Not claiming that its the best build out there, but I've been enjoying it a lot. 2H is just too much fun and somehow I find it much easier to weave LA with 2H than clunky LA from staves.
    https://youtu.be/UARxtpGFGGk
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.