The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

2 crashs in 10 minutes / 4 in 1 hour/ 10 in 2 hours : good job!

• AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    solasub wrote: »
    Thanks for the additional info, everyone. Just to update, we're currently tracking down a crash (not addon related) that may be the cause of this.

That was like 14 hours ago? And since....... ZERO news ; crashes were still there this morning ; so... WHAT'S UP?

Lol. Try playing with crashes for more than three months like people on PS4 🤦‍♀
    PS4 EU Aga_The_Grey - retired | PC EU AgaTheGreat
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the additional info, everyone. Just to update, we're currently tracking down a crash (not addon related) that may be the cause of this.

That was like 14 hours ago? And since....... ZERO news ; crashes were still there this morning ; so... WHAT'S UP?

Why would you do that?
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »

Why would you do that?

Because despite that, people still like playing with their friends 🤨
    PS4 EU Aga_The_Grey - retired | PC EU AgaTheGreat
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is something being done about the crashes in Cyro?
    In my group last night some had addons completely off some had them on..It seemed the same, we were sent to login screen multiple times in a short time span.

*Hoping for a fix today*

✭✭✭✭✭
    It almost seems like its attached to 'loading screens' in Cyro...with a chance of crashing when one occurs (feeling from my perspective)
  • solasub
    solasub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not at all ; 75 % of mine were not on a loading screen
    Tick Tock Tormentor• Gryphon Heart • Immortal Redeemer • Extinguisher of Flames • Dro-m'Athra Destroyer • Shiel of the North
    PVP Alpha Squad
    PVE : Alpha Crew Guild leader / Easy Peasy Officer

• scelesticscylla
    :B morning after update, very low pop in cyro, still having crashes.
    @CAS1NOVA
    Main heals /tank

GUILDS
    Divine Crusade
    Real Guild Best Guild
    The Kind Kwamas
    Hard Dungeoneers
    The Four Musketeers
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Youyouz06 wrote: »
    Is something being done about the crashes in Cyro?
    In my group last night some had addons completely off some had them on..It seemed the same, we were sent to login screen multiple times in a short time span.

*Hoping for a fix today*

I wouldn’t get your hopes up... we’ve been asking for fixes on console for months. Best they could do was give us more extreme lag.
  • solasub
    solasub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    non stop Crashes again ; half of the group just stopped. @ZOS_GinaBruno do you really think PVP players will continue to play this game if we continue like this for days? What are the news? "Investigating"?
    Tick Tock Tormentor• Gryphon Heart • Immortal Redeemer • Extinguisher of Flames • Dro-m'Athra Destroyer • Shiel of the North
    PVP Alpha Squad

✭✭✭✭✭
    Just had a crash on horse back in Cyro after writing in chat 'I haven't crashed yet!'
    *karma*
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FyuLGSl.jpg

And still no fix ; pvp is dying.

Well, the faction unlock didnt help things, and now the crashing is the nail in the coffin tbh.

More zerg surfing and even more crashing, whats the point.
  • solasub
    solasub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not really ; it's in locked campaign, 1 bar, almost empty ; nothing to do with zerg or whatever.
    PVP Alpha Squad

• Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wasnt even in Cyrodiil bc thanks also our non cp campaign is ruined by non faction lock

I crash everytime I try to log out

Plus occasionalyl between wayshrines
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    not really ; it's in locked campaign, 1 bar, almost empty ; nothing to do with zerg or whatever.

The crashing doesnt i know, you could be in the middle of nowhere and BOOM. However that coupled with the zerg surfing that is happening even with 1 bar ( faction capacity is 150, so 1 out of 4 bars is still 37 people or so, so zerg surfing still possible )
  • MishMash
    MishMash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Related IDK, but worth mentioning.

Great, now I am crashing/disconnecting in vMA! Not sure if it is related, but I disconnect to the login screen.

Happened in the last boss round, two times already. So annoying when you have 30K hp left and POOF (first time) and the second time I had just used the spectral explosion to finish the boss and POOF offline.

I feel for anyone running it the first time and finally getting to that point and find you have to do that round all over again.
    PC NA DC 4eva! I try my very best. If it is not good enough for you too bad! Playing off and on since April 2014 CP2009.
  • Justosay
    Justosay
    ✭✭
    I think these crashes relate to how game using memory.
    After patch I had 2 crashes and 1 case of incorrect working of program. All addons were disable. Windows 10.
    1) Crash when quit game [disk-memory data transfering]
    2) Crash near portal when some players come to area [disk-memory data transfering]
    3) After using alt+tab i could not return into game (black screen) and could not stop program even in task manager (black screen) [re-adressing memory]
  • solasub
    solasub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    15? 20 crashes? just for myself I stop to count
    When porting
    When riding in fields
    When riding near keeps
    When chating
    When fighthing
    When doing NOTHING
    So................

AND I should tell : it's EXACTLY the same situation for ALL the pvp guildies I was grouped with since yesterday ; so a total amount of around 40 people.
    Edited by solasub on February 25, 2020 3:31PM
    PVP Alpha Squad

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey all, just to update, we believe we've pinpointed the cause of the crashes you're experiencing in Cyrodiil. We're still gathering information so it's a bit too soon to say when we can fix it or if there's any workaround, but will keep you updated as we know more.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Curious_Death
    Curious_Death
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of the crashes we're seeing are actually due to out-of-date addons; please make sure they are disabled until the addon authors have a chance to update.

addons = 0
    crashes 1h - two and one in combat - account logged in *shutting down PC*
  • scelesticscylla
    Hey all, just to update, we believe we've pinpointed the cause of the crashes you're experiencing in Cyrodiil. We're still gathering information so it's a bit too soon to say when we can fix it or if there's any workaround, but will keep you updated as we know more.

Thanks for the update! Hope it gets fixed soon!
    @CAS1NOVA
    Main heals /tank

GUILDS
    Divine Crusade
    Real Guild Best Guild
    The Kind Kwamas
    Hard Dungeoneers
    The Four Musketeers
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why would you do that?

Id rather relax after work than go through that. Seems like a lot of pain for a game. Id rather be playing something that actually works

And i certainly wouldnt pay for something like that
    Edited by Morgul667 on February 25, 2020 3:46PM
  • hexnotic
    hexnotic
    ✭✭✭✭
    N/A
    Edited by hexnotic on November 17, 2020 5:30PM
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crash city over here. Both with and without addons enabled, so it doesn't seem to matter which option I select.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, I was having the same problem. I found out that it is related to my add ons, out dated addons to be precise. I was playing on one charcter and enabled my outdated addons and everything was fine. But as soon as I loged if and tried to log in to other charcter, the game would crash mid loading screens. I tried all my charcters and the problem persisted, as soon as I disabled the outdated addons, I was able to log in and I haven't experienced a crash yet.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno 5th crash, with all addons DISABLED.
    (Tho thanks for answering, we feel less alone <3 )

Try to removed the addons and see if it works.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why would you do that?

Id rather relax after work than go through that. Seems like a lot of pain for a game. Id rather be playing something that actually works

And i certainly wouldnt pay for something like that

A lot of us have moved on. I unsubscribed after Elsweyr, uninstalled after Dragonhold. I only stick around in these forums in the hope that things will change, but I certainly have not been putting up with the current status quo. It sucks not being able to play with my friends in Cyrodiil.
  • Workerdroid7
    Workerdroid7
    ✭✭✭
    Kiyakotari wrote: »
    Crash city over here. Both with and without addons enabled, so it doesn't seem to matter which option I select.

Same. No addons? Crash while riding/fighting/standing/dead.... Try it with addons, same exact thing... random crashes, all over the place (Cyrodiil), and while doing a multitude of different things. I'm honestly starting to think the planned performance boost for Cyrodiil is to remove 10-20% of the players at any given point in time.... this is just diabolical "pvp experience" :(
    Edited by Workerdroid7 on February 25, 2020 4:26PM
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,

We have recently had to remove a handful of bashing and inappropriate comments from this thread. Feedback is a very important function of our forums, but we do ask that all feedback remains civil and constructive. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Could you provide some information about the crashes since you have pinpointed the cause? I can get behind the inability to state exactly when the fix is coming.... but I'd like to know what's going on.

Also, not to be too nitpicky, I sure hope when you say "if there's any workaround" I assume that means "a temporary workaround until it is fixed via a patch".

Thank you for the information and we're all looking forward to more.
    Ray
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Was there something changed in the update that wasnt changed during pts? Thats probably where you want to start. When you put out updates that have not been tested, especially ones of this magnitude, this kind of stuff is to be expected.