The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

2 crashs in 10 minutes / 4 in 1 hour/ 10 in 2 hours : good job!

solasub
solasub
✭✭✭✭✭
Well, all is in the title ; and it is not my PC : it is a new one, from today ; and Eso crash messages each time....
[edit ; 4th crash in 1 hour ; and same for all my group)
Edited by solasub on February 24, 2020 9:39PM
Tick Tock Tormentor• Gryphon Heart • Immortal Redeemer • Extinguisher of Flames • Dro-m'Athra Destroyer • Shiel of the North
PVP Alpha Squad
PVE : Alpha Crew Guild leader / Easy Peasy Officer

• Moridin_82
    Moridin_82
    ✭✭✭
    Havent a crash. Kinda weird its only u 4 now
  • solasub
    solasub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well the fact is not you, doesn't mean it's ONLY me ; I was in Cyro ; at least 10 ppl told in zone chat they crashed
    Tick Tock Tormentor• Gryphon Heart • Immortal Redeemer • Extinguisher of Flames • Dro-m'Athra Destroyer • Shiel of the North
    PVP Alpha Squad

• andreasv
    andreasv
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moridin_82 wrote: »
    Havent a crash. Kinda weird its only u 4 now

There are more than just the OP https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/513572/first-crash-after-update
    Edited by andreasv on February 24, 2020 5:36PM
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to give it a few days and wait for all my addons to get an update before I give them my verdict
  • solasub
    solasub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3rd crash
    PVP Alpha Squad

• woe
    woe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haven't crashed at all.
    uwu
  • Nightwiish
    Nightwiish
    ✭✭✭
    solasub wrote: »
    3rd crash

Its a major patch day on a MONDAY. How about you take a break for today and do something else?

Expectation is the mother of all frustration - Antonio Banderas.
    @loki220
    Nighwtiish - Stam DK
  • stargleen
    stargleen
    ✭✭✭
    10 crash 2 hour gameplay cyro CP campaing
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crashed after 1 hour of Cyrodiil.
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nightwiish wrote: »
    solasub wrote: »
    3rd crash

Its a major patch day on a MONDAY. How about you take a break for today and do something else?

Expectation is the mother of all frustration - Antonio Banderas.

Except the major selling point for this update was to FIX the things causing crashes, lag, and overall boost performance. If performance is the same or even worse after a performance-oriented update, that does not bode well for said update.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Bhaji
    Bhaji
    ✭✭✭
    Crashing on every 2nd or 3rd zone change, doesn't seem to matter if it's between wayshrines, into delves or even onto mage or fighter guild in Elden Root
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos didnt fix performance?

Surprised Pikachu face
  • Fiktius
    Fiktius
    ✭✭✭✭
    After I entered into Cyrodiil, my game crashed twice within 30 minutes. Outside of Cyrodiil I didn't have crashing issues - yet.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Check your addons, I updated LUI and noticed it says it specifically doesn’t work with the patch.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Karmen
    Karmen
    ✭✭✭
    same, 2 crashes in cyrodiil, in fight
    Edited by Karmen on February 24, 2020 6:21PM
    I am Carmen.
    For Bosmers, war is only a sport
  • solasub
    solasub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    running a group of 13 ; everyone crashed already 2 or 3 times ; not everyone has the same addons
    PVP Alpha Squad

• gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you honestly believed the ZOS line of garbage that they were addressing performance, you’re crazy.
  • Skullderic
    Skullderic
    ✭✭✭
    Its Cyro. Just jumped in to do some daily boards, crashed 3 times in 20 mins.
    Been playing 2 1/2 hrs.in PvE no crashes.
    Gert Soem!!
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Patch days are great.
    Hundreds of thousands, to probably millions logging in all at once probably doing the same thing. All right after a major update. Expecting everything to run smoothly and without any issues what so ever.

Like clockwork. Since UO, things never change, cant give it a day or two. Addiction too stronk.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    A lot of the crashes we're seeing are actually due to out-of-date addons; please make sure they are disabled until the addon authors have a chance to update.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Three Four Five crashes so far today and I don't run any add ons so the cause is the game and nothing else.
    Edited by LonePirate on February 24, 2020 7:32PM
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 minutes into Cyrodiil. No addons, No combat, No fights or players anywhere near and crashed. Not a good sign.
  • Wittychick42
    Wittychick42
    ✭✭✭
    I have out-of-date addons disabled but I have had 4 crashes so far this morning
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Patch days are great.
    Hundreds of thousands, to probably millions logging in all at once probably doing the same thing. All right after a major update. Expecting everything to run smoothly and without any issues what so ever.

Like clockwork. Since UO, things never change, cant give it a day or two. Addiction too stronk.

Except, again, this update was supposed to directly address performance issues and things causing crashes. If the update that was supposed to address things like this isn't addressing things like this, that's not a good sign. People shouldn't be repeatedly crashing over and over regardless of how many people are trying to get on now, because there are ALWAYS thousands of people trying to play or log in at any given moment. If large numbers of people trying to get on at any given moment was one of the things causing the game to crash in the past, that should have been one of the things the update fixed. Also it's not like thousands and thousands and millions of players are all rushing to login, because that paints the picture that everyone has already fully reinstalled the game. There are going to be a LOT of people who can't even get into the game for days because of the reinstall, so it's not like a mass exodus to get into the game like you might see on normal updates that don't take nearly as long to get installed.

The huge selling point for this patch was to make performance better. If people are already having issues right out of the gate (which is anyone even surprised, it happens every major patch), I think it's understandable that people will mention when they're having issues.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Wittychick42
    Wittychick42
    ✭✭✭
    Arunei wrote: »
    Patch days are great.

Except, again, this update was supposed to directly address performance issues and things causing crashes. If the update that was supposed to address things like this isn't addressing things like this, that's not a good sign. People shouldn't be repeatedly crashing over and over regardless of how many people are trying to get on now, because there are ALWAYS thousands of people trying to play or log in at any given moment. If large numbers of people trying to get on at any given moment was one of the things causing the game to crash in the past, that should have been one of the things the update fixed. Also it's not like thousands and thousands and millions of players are all rushing to login, because that paints the picture that everyone has already fully reinstalled the game. There are going to be a LOT of people who can't even get into the game for days because of the reinstall, so it's not like a mass exodus to get into the game like you might see on normal updates that don't take nearly as long to get installed.

The huge selling point for this patch was to make performance better. If people are already having issues right out of the gate (which is anyone even surprised, it happens every major patch), I think it's understandable that people will mention when they're having issues.

Exactly. If this is an issue that should be addressed, the best way to bring it to their attention I've found is through the forums. If it just ends up being a few of us, then perhaps its something on our end. But, if dozens start posting within 30 min, perhaps it's not. I'm going to try again, this time turning off the updated addons too, but it looks like that didn't resolve it for some. A couple of times I was just standing around in a low pop zone, so there shouldn't be any issues as far as that goes.

On the upside, I haven't had any lag spikes! That is better for me, at least
  • Skullderic
    Skullderic
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of the crashes we're seeing are actually due to out-of-date addons; please make sure they are disabled until the addon authors have a chance to update.

I dont run Add-ons.
    Gert Soem!!
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No addons period. Crashes in Cyrodiil are being caused by something else. Better tell whoever is looking at it to check again.
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Arunei wrote: »
    Patch days are great.

Which is understandable, but every single major update in mmo history one the first day since the first mmo launched has had issues for many, and for many no issues. And...

Like Clockwork. Every. Single. Patch / Update release on the first day, no matter the game, has, and will experience the exact same thing for many. Reasons? Who knows. My theory is the thirst and hunger to rush in and soon as possible to get their fix with unrealistically high expectations so they can get the rush of being disappointed and have reasons to complain.

Have yet to be proven wrong on this theory so far, which has stayed stead since 1999.

While I do feel for those who have legitimate concerns and issues and hope they continueto exress them. Although, sadly, they are being barried by false attention seekers exaggerating the issues to get them +1s.
  • solasub
    solasub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno 5th crash, with all addons DISABLED.
    (Tho thanks for answering, we feel less alone <3 )
    PVP Alpha Squad

• Kotusha
    Kotusha
    ✭✭✭
    2 crashes, one in area transition (between wayshrines in Murkmire), second when logging out.