Maintenance for the week of May 20:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 18:00 UTC (14:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Update on PC NA & EU Issues [Updated 10/27 @ 8:40pm]

• Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time I go to get online there's a maintenance... :/
    Options
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Thank you for the update.

Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
    Options
  • Dan8236
    Dan8236
    ✭✭
    Don't worry I had read months ago that they will work on performance this fall. The Mac client has had this "feature" of performance issues since Mirkmire where we get half the framerate before pre-Mirkmire. Performance issues are now a "feature" for everyone!
    Options
  • 0lbertikus
    0lbertikus
    ✭✭✭✭
    No BGs??? :'(:'(:'(
    Options
  • befriendlyordie
    befriendlyordie
    ✭✭✭
    Please stop thanking them for doing their jobs ..... I mean seriously it isn't like this is the first time the EU server had issues. This makes them happy because in the long scheme of things there will be less players and an easier server load.
    Options
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Got to say

Same as it ever was.

This message and ZOS’s response could have been copy pasted from

last year’s Undaunted event,
    this year’s Anniversary event,
    the launch of Season of the Drags On
    the launch of Elsweyr,
    the Guild ‘improvements’,

or any of the other times when they have “discovered for the first time” that their EU server infrastructure is not up to scratch.

It’s not capable of actually running the game when people want to play it.

It’s the same problem it always was and fiddling around with ‘performance improvements’ won’t do anything. ZOS have had at least a year to address this (hell they had 6 months to prepare to try to ensure that the launch of Season of the Dragon didn’t bellyflop like this). And they have achieved nothing.

Just as they did when it was clear that many players were coming to ESO earlier this year, ZOS’s cunning (and only) plan seems to be to drive them out and watch them die in a vain attempt to actively reduce their own playerbase.

If the issue is that there are simply too many EU players, build better servers. Or launch a PC EU 2

Don’t fluff us off with more bull.
    Options
  • Countdownical
    Countdownical
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno What about the Luxury furnisher??? This is an important weekend for most of us and we have spent a good chunk of it down and unavailable! Can we get confirmation please about bringing the vendor items back from this week back in addition to next week as you have before as many of use did not get a fair opportunity to buy them with the unexpected outages and log-in issues???

What tha hell are you talking about? Luxury furnisher and golden vendor was both there this weekend.
    @Countdownical Experienced High-End Raider - PC EU - Here since Feb 27, 2014.

Lead of Flipping Coins - Rawl'kha, Reaper's March.
    Lead of Rolling Coins - Belkarth, Craglorn.
    Lead of Shining Coins - Elden Root, Grahtwood.

All are TRADE Guilds. Contact me for invites!
    Options
  • daedalusAI
    daedalusAI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a main capacity issue, again..

The PC EU Server can not cope with the amount of traffic at peak time, in game, and login onto the game.

I thought these issue's were fixed. ?

They were "fixed" the ZOS way, which means they did something they didn't test while hoping it will fix those issues, but it doesn't, so the next time those issues occur yet again ZOS just does another round of extended maintenance + several hotfixes.

Aren't you glad to be a "valued" customer of such a company?
    Options
  • Yormula
    Yormula
    ✭✭✭✭
    Radiance wrote: »

This. For crying out loud, why, WHY do the maintenances on Saturday and Sunday midday?!

And yes, if you haven't noticed, it wasn't nighttime for EU. Other continent. Most of it doesn't even live under UTC.
    Options
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watchdog wrote: »
    I cancelled my ESO+ subscription. Playing without it would be so unpleasant, I don't think I can play anymore when it runs out.

This is a message saying I am fed up, despite the professional performance of @ZOS_GinaBruno, who is doing her job as best as she can. Words are not enough here, though. ZOS has nothing to back Gina's words or promises of things getting better.

Not being able to play at all is frustrating, especially for a subscriber, and nothing has been solved. Imagine a railroad company saying their trains are too overcrowded, especially at peak times, while the solution suggested would be to still sell the same amount of tickets, but to not allow people to board the trains. Would that pass in real world? Why should it on the Internet? It is still a paid service.

Okay, you do understand that they can't test something like activity finder until it's live, right? Sure, they can test if it works and they can even test a moderate load, but it's difficult to accurately replicate real world conditions.

This is part of software development. It happens. This is the first heavy activity weekend since this launched. They are at leas trying to make it better. I'm willing to give them the time to do that. Six days after launch isn't enough time.

I am a paying customer. I have a reasonable expectation of getting the service I am paying for. Not being able to log in at all or crashing after zoning is not what I would call getting said service.

I am not paying to be a tester, or a Guinea pig. I am paying to be able to play the advertised game.

They had the same problems many months ago, yet they have so far failed to come up with a working solution. As a customer, I find this unacceptable. Sloppy. Not worth my money.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
    Options
  • oddbasket
    oddbasket
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These constant interruptions with the daily server downtime during an event just brings to light how terrible the servers are at handling load. Everything starts to breakdown, from long loading screens, interactions and guild bank transfers to activity finder not working correctly.

It does feel like all of these progressive fixes that supposedly will fix issues and performance are akin to duct taping things together until everything falls apart again.
    Options
  • wesly.backersb16_ESO
    ESO = Endless Struggling Online?
    Options
  • JPS
    JPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    ... It takes 2 hours to turn something off? Aside from the fact that the solution, temporary or not, always is turning features off (and can they still be called features at this point, really?) ???

I so don't feel like putting anymore money in this game. It feels like I'm rewarding bad behaviour.
    Options
  • Schattenfluegel
    Schattenfluegel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yormula wrote: »
    Radiance wrote: »

This. For crying out loud, why, WHY do the maintenances on Saturday and Sunday midday?!

And yes, if you haven't noticed, it wasn't nighttime for EU. Other continent. Most of it doesn't even live under UTC.

It was lunchtime and hours after it, shortly the half of saturday.
    Love my Stamsorc
    Options
  • ArcaneBlue
    ArcaneBlue
    ✭✭✭
    thought the server was getting taken offline but people are still playing whats going on?
    #teamEmeric
    Options
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I cancelled my ESO+ subscription. Playing without it would be so unpleasant, I don't think I can play anymore when it runs out.

This is a message saying I am fed up, despite the professional performance of @ZOS_GinaBruno, who is doing her job as best as she can. Words are not enough here, though. ZOS has nothing to back Gina's words or promises of things getting better.

Not being able to play at all is frustrating, especially for a subscriber, and nothing has been solved. Imagine a railroad company saying their trains are too overcrowded, especially at peak times, while the solution suggested would be to still sell the same amount of tickets, but to not allow people to board the trains. Would that pass in real world? Why should it on the Internet? It is still a paid service.

Okay, you do understand that they can't test something like activity finder until it's live, right? Sure, they can test if it works and they can even test a moderate load, but it's difficult to accurately replicate real world conditions.

This is part of software development. It happens. This is the first heavy activity weekend since this launched. They are at leas trying to make it better. I'm willing to give them the time to do that. Six days after launch isn't enough time.

I am a paying customer. I have a reasonable expectation of getting the service I am paying for. Not being able to log in at all or crashing after zoning is not what I would call getting said service.

I am not paying to be a tester, or a Guinea pig. I am paying to be able to play the advertised game.

They had the same problems many months ago, yet they have so far failed to come up with a working solution. As a customer, I find this unacceptable. Sloppy. Not worth my money.

^ this.

I don’t care about an extended event, which mostly just means extended high volume server traffic that this game obviously can’t cope with. I’m at the point where I’d like some money back, or some other material compensation.
    Options
  • DrOuttaSight
    DrOuttaSight
    ✭✭✭
    Does this mean that ESO is a more popular game in the EU, than the US of A?
    Forums are for........... venting/letting off steam
    Feed the needy Not the greedy
    In Virtual Space No One Can Hear You Scream!!!

PC EU Clockwork Server
    Options
  • Yuffie91
    Yuffie91
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ours is smaller maybe
    Options
  • Zoltan47
    Zoltan47
    Soul Shriven
    Update: To ensure that the game can run as smoothly as possible, we are going to disable the Activity Finder until we determine the root cause of the issues that are impacting game performance. As stated before, we’ll look into extending the Witches Festival, but first we need to identify and fix the problems that are impacting player experience.

For this change to take place, we'll need to reboot both PC NA and EU to stabilize everything, then turn off the Activity Finder; maintenance for this will begin around 3:30am EDT and should take an hour or two. Note that you'll still be able to form a group manually, but you will not be able to queue for Battlegrounds while the system is disabled.

We'll have another update for everyone on the situation later today (Sunday). Thanks again for your patience as we get to the bottom of this.

Oh yes very cool, we just werent able to play half saturday, can you explain me again why im paying for eso when its not working correctly?

And everytime there is an isse you keep telling us" we are working on it, please be patient". this is outrageous.
    Edited by Zoltan47 on October 27, 2019 8:01AM
    Options
  • Bleuren
    Bleuren
    ✭✭
    Well, the Activity Finder is working right now.
    Options
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Short answer - yes

We have a bigger population, a larger landmass and more ESO players

If PC EU falls.. we’re coming to PC NA

And we are legion
    Options
  • Schattenfluegel
    Schattenfluegel
    ✭✭✭✭
    FierceSam wrote: »

Short answer - yes

And we are legion

Its not only EU, Russians, China, Japan (not sure about them) and some other Non-EU Countrys are on our server, too..
    Edited by Schattenfluegel on October 27, 2019 8:00AM
    Love my Stamsorc
    Options
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buy better server.
    Options
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this had been said in the first place I might not have been so irate about it. As it is, the lack of communication just exacerbates the frustration.

I know it's not the forum mods fault, they can only relay what they are told to. The game is great when it runs and I really believe that it deserves to be paid for, but that said, my sub will remain cancelled until I know I'm getting what I pay for.
    Options
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    i think there is a time mistake. Banner and ingame message are correct with german time. but server doesnt go offline half an hour ago. this night we put our clock -1 hour back.
    so server goes offline for maintenance in ~30min or?'
    Edited by The_Saint on October 27, 2019 8:02AM
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Member
    Noractis
    Options
  • SundarahFr3akinrican
    This is so extremely unacceptable. I am a PvP player, as well as all my friends. All we do is play Battlegrounds, and now they are disabled for an undetermined amount of time. I am an ESO+ member, and I am pretty much being told by Zeni that I cannot play for a undetermined amount of time, even though I am paying for this service...

It is also worrying to ESO's future as the activity finder "overhaul" was one of the first parts of their improvement plan and it is going over terribly. Performance problems have been plaguing this game for years and now they say they are going to finally tackle it, but it looks like its just more of the same. As much as I like this game, I can't continue to invest in ESO when they don't seem to invest enough us their players.

I ask PVE players to please have some sympathy for your fellow ESO players that do PvP. They are literally telling us we can't play. Imagine if they just said they are shutting down Trials and Dungeons for an undetermined amount of time. It would be unacceptable for a paying customer.

I would assume Cyrodil and Imperial City is still available.

Yes, I am sure they are available, but as I stated before, I play ESO for the Battlegrounds.

Say you go to a pizza shop with a wide selection of pizzas, as well as other foods for purchase, but you came specifically for their pepperoni pizza. So you go an you pay for a pepperoni pizza, but when your food comes out, it's pineapple pizza. You tell them that this isn't what you ordered and they say "We know you already paid, but pepperoni wasn't available, so we made pineapple. Lot's of people like pineapple."

Would that be ok? No, that would be unacceptable and you would ask for compensation.

(Also, as some people have already stated, if the BG playerbase joins Cyrodiil, it will be bad. It will lag/crash the server and is also going to be player locked with queue times.)
    Options
  • Yuffie91
    Yuffie91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bleuren wrote: »
    Well, the Activity Finder is working right now.

How are you even able to log in?
    Options
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    FierceSam wrote: »

Short answer - yes

And we are legion

Its not only EU, Russians, China, Japan and some other Non-EU Countrys are on our server, too..

Dude ... have some geography

Russia is a part of the European landmass (although because it’s really rather large, parts of Russia are in Asia)

We welcome players from all over the world, cos that’s how we roll.
    Options
  • Schattenfluegel
    Schattenfluegel
    ✭✭✭✭
    The_Saint wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    i think there is a time mistake. Banner and ingame message are correct with german time. but server doesnt go offline half an hour ago. this night we put our clock -1 hour back.
    so server goes offline for maintenance in ~30min or?'

I guess so, maybe they forgot the timechange from an hour...
    Love my Stamsorc
    Options
  • Pyvos
    Pyvos
    ✭✭✭✭
    The_Saint wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    i think there is a time mistake. Banner and ingame message are correct with german time. but server doesnt go offline half an hour ago. this night we have -1 hour here. so server goes offline for maintenance in ~30min or?'

Daylight savings time ended at 0400, so clocks "went back an hour" already. The server is offline, went offline about 30 minutes ago.
    Options