The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

DPS is through the roof right now. Why are so many people still terribad at it?

• Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a huge disproportion in DPS people can do for sure. It is not as noticable in base game content though. But in dlc dungeons it is quite noticable.

People can pull about 100K DPS on a target dummy. The question is:
    - How much lower DPS goes if you dont have buffs / debuffs on boss?
    - How much lower it goes if you dont min-max (example: Argonian DPS build etc.) and use non - optimized build ?

Also, I assume that OP is most likely refering to grouping tool. You can have a good dps or tank or healer, sure, but it is a pure luck. Most people that use group finder dont min-max and mostly play their mains, just to farm some gear on normal mode.

Just dont have high expectations and don't kick people if they struggle. How else are they supposed to get better at the game ?
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    Light attack, skill. Light attack, skill. Light attack, skill. Light attack, skill. Swap bar. Light attack, skill. Etc. etc. etc. start over.

Nope nope nope nope.
    I can't speak for everyone, but I for one have decided looong ago that I wasn't going to waste time and energy learning something that is going to become obsolete in three months anyway.
    Side effect is that I cannot do hard/newer vet content anymore.
    Side effect of side effect are that I get automatically rid of toxic people, competition minded people, guild drama (though I love watching it), DPS meter, esologs, and whatnot, all at once. Paradise.
    Also, I can try and have fun with a lot of non-loved and non-optimal sets which are very fun in their mechanics and visual effects.

Options
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm "terribad", but then I do play with an original Akaviri two-handed feather duster on my front bar, and a genuine Breton rolled-up-newspaper on the back. I'm a lover, not a fighter ;-)
    Options
  • Commancho
    Commancho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't need to have meta builds to complete vet dungeons, but you shouldn't hit like a ponytail as well. I have magden ice themed mage.

He is not meta but I can kick 40k dps self buffed with great sustain, survivability and ez pzy rotation.

It's enaugh for any vet dungeon. I have only slotted only ice related abilities. Bah, he got even ice skin and ice outfit & mount. Great visuals with functionality. Also update/nerf resistant xD

It required some work and think tanking but final result is much more satisfying than playing with not optimalised build and smashing buttons in the random order and calling it playing the way you want like a spoiled child.
    Edited by Commancho on October 1, 2019 8:20AM
    Options
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe it has been shown that the vast majority of the player base, are in the range of 10 - 25k dps.

If it were that easy, everyone would be able to do more than 30k. But most cant. So this strikes me as just another elitist post looking down on 90% of players. How do you think it feels to be someone who enjoys ESO, who plays regularly, but get told by Elitist people that they are rubbish. Stop it.

I also find it frustrating when elitist players forget that low CP to high CPs, Green to Gold weapons etc and set selection, can all account for many thousands of dps.

Its not as simple as LA>skill>LA>skill, repeat. I've seen knowledgeable, long time, 810cp players who were doing less than 15k dps.
    Edited by Grianasteri on October 1, 2019 11:25AM
    Options
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because i don't see the point in running th same lame dungeon/trial again and again just to get the BiS gear.
    Options
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For real my people. All you have to do is lay out every dot you can think of in no particular order. Start on back bar, work your way to and through the front bar. Then start over. Ult dump whenever you feel like it. I guarantee you’re gonna hit 25 to 30k DPS without even trying hard.

No excuses. No sweaty rotation nonsense. No animation cancel. This Maelstrom Staff ain’t gonna make you all of a sudden good.

Light attack, skill. Light attack, skill. Light attack, skill. Light attack, skill. Swap bar. Light attack, skill. Etc. etc. etc. start over.

Why do I constantly get in either group of terribaddy’s or godlike Monster DPS.

the simple answer is light attacks dont always go of for some peeps, i have a couple of friends who have this issue when weaving lag etc, pc, can cause them issues
    Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike
    Options
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in any system the success of that system is largely determined but the results of the median user. With this system the median user is still pretty low on the chain, which is why its a failure.

stop blaming players for the "terribad" system. Maybe if the system took the median player into account eso would have alot more players.

It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
    Options
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lazy people don't want to get better but then complain they can't hit the high numbers that people who practice do.
    Options
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Demra wrote: »
    The best dps doesn't not nessasily result in the best looking fantasy fight. I like 1person camera playing like in skyrim with single target attacks and jumping around all dramatic.

I get it, i am selfish.I just want to have fun. What can you do.

Me too, but i dont queue for dungeons and definitely not for veteran and it doesnt matter. I did it in the past in other game but it has become more mechanical every year to a point where you feel like a lab rat...

Everyone crates his own experience.
    Options
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I remember when I first joined my guild and they asked me to show them my rotation on a test dummy and I was like “Rotation?!? WTF are you talking about?” I literally had no idea and I’d finished Cadwell’s Gold and had a ton of CP by then.

ZOS provide NO serious tutorials for fighting, NO explanations about what works and NO constructive ways for players to learn how to do combat... I’m amazed that players can use skills at all. There is NO way for a casual player to learn in the game other than by randomly hitting things and if they die then that’s a success right? Many players have NO IDEA what DPS is and have no way to measure it.

And, as an aside, finishing content is actually success. I have solo’d/completed dungeons without dying with rubbish DPS. Is a slower no death low DPS run on a dungeon somehow worse than a multi-death high DPS speed run? I think I know which one is more satisfying.

If you want players to genuinely improve, rather than simply buffing/nerfing things, you have to create an environment where they can be taught to improve. Whining, scapegoating and abusing aren’t successful teaching strategies. They don’t work on you, or me, so why would they work on anyone else.

Look at some single player games, where they have loads of tutorials and structured improvement to help players get better, but then that would take a bit of effort, energy, direction and cash, so no way ZOS will be doing that. They will spend their time promoting out of game content on a website 99% of their players never visit.

Options
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eso is a first rate game with a third rate combat system.

It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
    Options
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yuup, and a lot of players don't care how fast the run is, they care that everything gets dead before they do...

no in game training combined with ease of overland content equals people in harder content that just don't know what's going on ~ most are happy to hear about how they can improve, though some aren't.

Another thing, even with the dot stacking being what it is, mobs in a normal vanilla dungeon are not gonna live long enough to show number results from those... and quite frankly, adjusting skill bar based on content when it's something as quick as a daily pug is just bleh for most people.

If you are in some mad rush to do the dungeon then go with people you know...?
    Options
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There was a video of some dude setting a toaster on his mouse with a pet Sorc build and racking up and easy 20k. I’d take that as an alright damage dealer in my group.

The game is intuitive enough to get you alright. Throw on two sets and a monster set and you’re generally golden. Pick any damage related crafted set and an overland or dungeon set, you should be good to go. Heck, with jewelry crafting you could even go two crafted sets and be well off.

I don’t like having to dress all my characters out the same either, but you can’t deny the power in Meta or at least one Part of a meta setup. Magic characters have even a whole lot more options here. Proc sets are strong, but limited. Crit has always been strong. Weapon and spell damage sets are strong, but require a bit of skill to utilize.

If you’re concerned with doing veteran content, you should be concerned with doing veteran damage. That’s all. I would never complain about normals. Well maybe, but that’s besides the point.

Here’s How it’s Intuitive

Degeneration tool tips: casting this skill does 28745 damage over 13 seconds. Heck yeah I want some of that in my build
    Soul trap tool tips: casting this skill does 24567 damage over 10 seconds. Yeah, I need some of that too
    Necrotic Orb: casting this skill deals 988 damage every .5 seconds it looks tricky, but I’m willing to give it a shot

They throw out a big number, that makes anyone think YES! I need that! Those skills had to be buffed %170 to make them like that. Those skills Crit too. That nearly doubles their value! If I have enough Crit chance to make it worth while.

Remember Penetration is still a thing

In dungeons, the likelyhood You’re gonna get infused tourgs crusher, alkosh, minor fracture..are slim to non existent. You can count on breech and fracture.

So it’s like this: 18200-5280= 12920

That’s how much penetration you gotta come up with so your damage is better. You don’t have to do it all, but make an attempt to get closer to zero.

Sadly, It’s not written anywhere In the game; but the devs have made it a thing that us players do have to deal with.

Penetration is odd. I have noticed it seems to help melt adds much quicker but Damage starts slowing down on bosses.
    Options
  • JusticeForJilarga
    JusticeForJilarga
    ✭✭✭
    This One finds complaining and making a post about people doing "Bad DPS" pointless. The people you are complaining about won't ever see it. This One thinks if its that much of a problem, an easier thing to do would be to leave. This One also advisers not using the in game find a group feature since its random how good the people you get are.
    Leader Of The Children Of Razum Dar Guild (Khajiit Guild) on All 6 MegaServers

Khajiit Quote Of The Day.
    "These useless senche could only kill a rat if they fell upon it. From a great height."
    Options
  • Wrexsoul
    Wrexsoul
    ✭✭✭
    I believe it has been shown that the vast majority of the player base, are in the range of 10 - 25k dps.

If it were that easy, everyone would be able to do more than 30k. But most cant. So this strikes me as just another elitist post looking down on 90% of players. How do you think it feels to be someone who enjoys ESO, who plays regularly, but get told by Elitist people that they are rubbish. Stop it.

I also find it frustrating when elitist players forget that low CP to high CPs, Green to Gold weapons etc and set selection, can all account for many thousands of dps.

Its not as simple as LA>skill>LA>skill, repeat. I've seen knowledgeable, long time, 810cp players who were doing less than 15k dps..

810 players doing less than 15k are not knowledgeable about the combat system. If all I use is light attack and a spammable on my DPS character I can do 20k+ so people who are doing less than that are in fact not playing optimally and severely lack an understanding of the combat system. CP matters but only slightly. I was able to do 27k DPS at CP 160 with a very basic understanding of the combat system. People using green/blue weapons in vet dungeons are ridiculous given how easy it is to upgrade gear. There is nothing elitist about expecting people in high level content to be able to perform appropriately.

Refusing to weave and upgrade sets is just being lazy. It is unreal that people are choosing to handicap their groups and get carried through content instead of diving into the combat system and learning how to play.

Options
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wrexsoul wrote: »

Its not as simple as LA>skill>LA>skill, repeat. I've seen knowledgeable, long time, 810cp players who were doing less than 15k dps..

810 players doing less than 15k are not knowledgeable about the combat system. If all I use is light attack and a spammable on my DPS character I can do 20k+ so people who are doing less than that are in fact not playing optimally and severely lack an understanding of the combat system. CP matters but only slightly. I was able to do 27k DPS at CP 160 with a very basic understanding of the combat system. People using green/blue weapons in vet dungeons are ridiculous given how easy it is to upgrade gear. There is nothing elitist about expecting people in high level content to be able to perform appropriately.

Refusing to weave and upgrade sets is just being lazy. It is unreal that people are choosing to handicap their groups and get carried through content instead of diving into the combat system and learning how to play.

Players aren’t ‘refusing to learn’... the game does not teach them. I could complete the entire story content without seeing any combat system info and players can complete many dungeons with very basic dps as long as they understand the mechanics.

Please explain how one could ‘dive into’ the combat system in game?

Your underlying argument - that lots of players could improve their DPS through understanding and practice - is valid. Your elitist and patronising attitude is not.

Your issue seems to be that they don’t complete them fast enough for you.

The solution you seek is to only play with players who are better than you (and will presumably shower you with the same contempt you reserve for other players)... have fun with that.
    Options
  • DoonerSeraph
    DoonerSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think what happens is that things that are obvious for you, OP, are not explained in the game unless you do a little research.

When we get more experience, we kinda lose perspective of how it is to be a new player, LA weaving is barely glossed over in-game. Penetration is not shown in character stats, nor it is explained in-game, IIRC tooltips also don't take it into consideration (maybe tooltips should assume a target with 18200 resists).

I do get where you're coming from OP, I just think that it is very possible to get very low DPS and feel like crap if you don't do a fair amount of research on valid and recent source, crucial info about how damage and resists and etc works are not clearly explained to new players or players who just want to play the game instead of google about it.
    Options
  • randomkeyhits
    randomkeyhits
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats the average DPS?

Then consider if its the average then fully half of the player population are not achieving it and that end of that curve is going to be low, very low.
    • Will they have a monster set? probably not.
    • Will they be running two full sets? maybe
    • Will they be running at least one full set? more likely
    • Will they have golded out weapons? unlikely
    • Will their gear and jewelry all be purple? maybe
    • Will the gear traits be useful? maybe
    • Will they have an appropriate mundus stone active? possible
    • Will they have a rotation? doubtful
    • Will they be using damage potions? unlikely
    • Will they have a bi-stat food active? possible
    • Will they have effective attribute allocation? maybe
    • Will they have the appropriate skill morphs? more likely since skills advisor
    • Do they have CP? probably
    • Are the CP usefully distributed? maybe
    • Have they heard of animation cancelling? if they are forum users so on the whole probably not.

and the list isn't complete.

So yes, low DPS for a damager is totally believable.

EU PS4
    Options
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There was a video of some dude setting a toaster on his mouse with a pet Sorc build and racking up and easy 20k. I’d take that as an alright damage dealer in my group.

The game is intuitive enough to get you alright. Throw on two sets and a monster set and you’re generally golden. Pick any damage related crafted set and an overland or dungeon set, you should be good to go. Heck, with jewelry crafting you could even go two crafted sets and be well off.

I don’t like having to dress all my characters out the same either, but you can’t deny the power in Meta or at least one Part of a meta setup. Magic characters have even a whole lot more options here. Proc sets are strong, but limited. Crit has always been strong. Weapon and spell damage sets are strong, but require a bit of skill to utilize.

If you’re concerned with doing veteran content, you should be concerned with doing veteran damage. That’s all. I would never complain about normals. Well maybe, but that’s besides the point.

Here’s How it’s Intuitive

Degeneration tool tips: casting this skill does 28745 damage over 13 seconds. Heck yeah I want some of that in my build
    Soul trap tool tips: casting this skill does 24567 damage over 10 seconds. Yeah, I need some of that too
    Necrotic Orb: casting this skill deals 988 damage every .5 seconds it looks tricky, but I’m willing to give it a shot

They throw out a big number, that makes anyone think YES! I need that! Those skills had to be buffed %170 to make them like that. Those skills Crit too. That nearly doubles their value! If I have enough Crit chance to make it worth while.

Remember Penetration is still a thing

In dungeons, the likelyhood You’re gonna get infused tourgs crusher, alkosh, minor fracture..are slim to non existent. You can count on breech and fracture.

So it’s like this: 18200-5280= 12920

That’s how much penetration you gotta come up with so your damage is better. You don’t have to do it all, but make an attempt to get closer to zero.

Sadly, It’s not written anywhere In the game; but the devs have made it a thing that us players do have to deal with.

Penetration is odd. I have noticed it seems to help melt adds much quicker but Damage starts slowing down on bosses.

And that is part of the problem. Those abilities weren't good. Now they are good. In a few weeks they won't be good again.
    Edited by Agenericname on October 1, 2019 2:06PM
    Options
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its not as simple as LA>skill>LA>skill, repeat. I've seen knowledgeable, long time, 810cp players who were doing less than 15k dps.

Thanks for posting this reminder.

I still remember my experience reading these forums' standards for dps and then making the mistake of using a target dummy for the first time. I figured, "yeah, folks say it's so easy, I obviously have this."

No. No, that is not how it goes at all. It is not that easy.

ESO is very much a "play as you like" sort of game. This means that in many respects, we are all playing a very different game. Our gameplay patterns and priorities differ from one another significantly, which means our experiences of the game are not going to be very consistent with one another. It would be nice to see the dialogue shift to "some players find this really easy, while some players find this really hard" instead of this one-sided presentation of "oh, this is really easy." Because it isn't... and claiming that this is universally the case (or worse that those who can't do this are less-than somehow) is of no benefit and can be quite frustrating.
    Options
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Man, I’m not even getting into trial DPS. Heck not even really much care for DLC dungeons. More like regular vet vanilla base game. These groups take 10 minutes to kill the beginning trash. I’m looking to do the whole dungeon in 10 minutes.

Why are they even bothering to do Vet? How is this fun even?

I’m here for a couple of keys and some tranny stones.

I can’t dedicate the next 45 minutes teaching how to turn a pew pew Build into a full on nuclear assault. This was supposed to take 15 minutes tops.

I’m not super spectacular or anything. Just kind of ok. And very unfortunately getting grouped up with the worst players this game has to offer. But it’s marginally faster than trying to start my own group.

Options
  • Rain_Greyraven
    Rain_Greyraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What Virgin actually says Terribad anymore?

It's a game...I haven't met a single encounter that can't be explained in two minuets....if worse comes to worse the rest of my group will carry whoever though...all without a bunch of hair pulling

Some nerds need to get out of the basement.
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”

― Robert E. Howard

So you want to be a game developer? Here is the best way to go about it.
    Options
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's pretty strange to me that while only a very small percentage of people in ESO have high DPS, that the developers build their combat system around that small minority. Take, for instance, the next patch. DPS is being hit by about a 20% across-the-board reduction. Why? Because a handful of people can hit 100K on a cheesed out trial dummy? When the vast majority of users need help IMPROVING dps, ZOS determines combat damage needs a massive nerf? Talk about designing your game in a bubble.

Yes, it takes a lot of practice to master light attack weaving and animation canceling...and players should be commended for their ability to "git gud" in this respect. It's a system that becomes very good for the people who master it, but is it really good for the game? It definitely creates an elite class that looks down on others who, for whatever reason, can't, or won't, learn it.

Now I've spent hundreds of hours parsing on dummies. I can hit 50K on 3 and 6 mil dummies and around 85K on a trial dummy. But the more I think about it, the more it just feels like a flawed system that gets designed around an elitist class, while completely ignoring the average player, and thereby excluding the majority of players from end game content. How is that good for the game?

Imagine, if you dare, what would happen if they got rid of light attacks. No more light attack weaving. They got rid of animation canceling. A damage skill would be a skill. That damage it causes could actually be associated with the amount of animation it requires to execute it. Combat would be more about "situational" use of certain skills rather than the ability to master a ever-repeating, fast-twitch series of button mashing no matter what you're doing. Combat could be creatively designed around strategy and not primarily a function hammering out the maximum amount of DSP. Combat could still be designed to be difficult to master, but that mastery would not be contingent on fast-twitch button mashing.

But alas, I think ZOS is far too down the rabbit hole to change course, or even be able to consider it. We're stuck with what we have...which in many respects, in a game that is otherwise simply amazing, is just a damn shame.
    Options
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sometimes i wonder about it too, i understand that eso isn't the best game at explaining stuff, but that alone isn't enough to explain everything all the time, some people are just really really bad.
    Options
  • svendf
    svendf
    ✭✭✭✭
    FierceSam wrote: »
    Wrexsoul wrote: »

Players aren’t ‘refusing to learn’... the game does not teach them. I could complete the entire story content without seeing any combat system info and players can complete many dungeons with very basic dps as long as they understand the mechanics.

Please explain how one could ‘dive into’ the combat system in game?

Your underlying argument - that lots of players could improve their DPS through understanding and practice - is valid. Your elitist and patronising attitude is not.

Your issue seems to be that they don’t complete them fast enough for you.

The solution you seek is to only play with players who are better than you (and will presumably shower you with the same contempt you reserve for other players)... have fun with that.

exactly.! Spot on
    Options
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You pretend as if there is no information and advice on the internet which is not true - even the biggest noobs that live under a rock should know the name Alcast by know. He has a lot of advice on his website, is that not decent acting of him? And yet people refuse to take his help and get better. They come to the forums and cry for nerfs, they want to add a dps cap (lmao) to the game, etc etc.

Some people don't want to do homework, just to play a game. They play the games to relax from their homework/real work/etc.

(Alcast? Oh, yeah - one of those streamer people that get somehow idolized by 'pro gamers' for being more pro? Like that TotalBiscuit guy for WoW back when I was playing that game? Yeah, I ignore that whole scene, along with all the other Massive Egos that try to act like they're the Voice Of Gaming. Angry ranting reviewers, some Jim guy?, etc.... meh, no thanks.)
    Edited by Kiralyn2000 on October 1, 2019 3:51PM
    Options
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You pretend as if there is no information and advice on the internet which is not true - even the biggest noobs that live under a rock should know the name Alcast by know. He has a lot of advice on his website, is that not decent acting of him? And yet people refuse to take his help and get better. They come to the forums and cry for nerfs, they want to add a dps cap (lmao) to the game, etc etc.

Some people don't want to do homework, just to play a game. They play the games to relax from their homework/real work/etc.

(Alcast? Oh, yeah - one of those streamer people that get somehow idolized by 'pro gamers' for being more pro? Like that TotalBiscuit guy for WoW back when I was playing that game? Yeah, I ignore that whole scene, along with all the other Massive Egos that try to act like they're the Voice Of Gaming. Angry ranting reviewers, some Jim guy?, etc.... meh, no thanks.)

Lol, you seem to know quite a few things for someone who is supposedly ignoring it all....

The cognitive dissonance man.

When you see comments like this, you need to understand that it's not a comment to give a critique, or even a suggestion, if anything at all really, it's purely a comment to bash people who are better than you, and even worse, they are actually trying to help you for the most part, and you refuse that help, and call them elitist, or *** or whatever, usually out of envy.

Get real man, don't play this i don't care bs, everyone with half a brain cell can see through your charade.
    Edited by JinMori on October 1, 2019 3:59PM
    Options
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All Alcast does is put out the PvE Meta. Like it or hate it, you can’t deny the power in it. It’s too strong. He might be a fairly decent player as well. Community Ambassador or class rep or something.

I doubt there’s that many players that get to over 300cp and doesn’t look up any kind of build or ask somebody advice. There’s too many different sets and stuff to choose from.

Though I have seen players just put on whatever gear drops for them. The devs really could do a better job of dropping correct gear type jewelry, weapons, armor weights and stuff. No more inferno staff of the Whatever Stam set. Daggers of the mag set.

That only leads to some of the confusion. The game could be much more intuitive in this area.

Specially named pieces. Like The Dreugh Kings Totem. An inferno staff of a heavy armor set, that offers weapon damage as a 5 piece bonus. Many sets have them. Stuff just doesn’t make sense.
    Options
  • HalvarIronfist
    HalvarIronfist
    ✭✭✭✭
    For real my people. All you have to do is lay out every dot you can think of in no particular order. Start on back bar, work your way to and through the front bar. Then start over. Ult dump whenever you feel like it. I guarantee you’re gonna hit 25 to 30k DPS without even trying hard.

No excuses. No sweaty rotation nonsense. No animation cancel. This Maelstrom Staff ain’t gonna make you all of a sudden good.

Why do I constantly get in either group of terribaddy’s or godlike Monster DPS.

I play a tank main, yet I've cleared VMA with less than 25k DPS twice. For me, it's just because it's more of a strict rotation than tanking or healing is, which you have to adapt to situations. Dps is just kind of static and boring for me, so I don't bother trying to be 'good'

On another note, as a tank I don't have to change my set up, rotation, and gold out new gear every 3 months so that's a blessing in itself. Not to mention I can choose whatever sets I want to tank with and as long as I get the job done adequately, nobody cares. I don't have to meet any dps checks/benchmarks :trollface:
    Edited by HalvarIronfist on October 1, 2019 5:05PM
    Options
This discussion has been closed.