The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

DPS is through the roof right now. Why are so many people still terribad at it?

• ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rungar wrote: »
    Threads like this are exactly why I'm max cp, but still haven't done any vet content besides vma. All the elitism makes me paranoid that I'd get kicked for having too low of dps. I'm not necessarily BAD at dps (vma gives me no trouble, solo world bosses just fine, and I can solo all the base game dungeons besides the ones that have group mechanics) but I'm still not the greatest.

Last I tested I did around 25k with my magblade on a 6mil dummy using my regular non cheese rotation I'd do in normal dungeons, and occasionally popping an essence of mag potion. That's apparently pretty low according to this forums standards, which makes me very hesitant to venture outside my comfort zone in case I encounter people with the same standard. I know part of the problem is that I'm not that great at weaving/animation cancelling, but half the time the game eats my skill or light attack so I don't see me improving much in that aspect haha. I do have golded out weapons, purple gear, and monster sets though (bought with ap). It just really can be difficult for some people to get their dps past a certain point despite doing all the right things. You can be using all the right skills, gear, cp allocation, etc., yet still not get beyond that 25-30k mark. It really is a shame a lot of content is based around having absurdly high dps only the top tier players can reach creating this whole toxic elitist hootenany.

you can easily do non dlc vet dungeons with that dps but the way i figure it if you can clear vma your a top player in my books. If your on pc na ill tank ya through the non dlc stuff no prob. Why zos is keeping this weaving thing going i have no idea.Easily the worst part of this great game.

Sadly I'm on ps4, but thanks for the offer!
  • ZOS_FalcoYamaoka
    Greetings,

This thread has been closed due to its age and that some information may be out of date. If you wish to continue discussing the topic, please create a new thread.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.