Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Class Rep] Sorcerer Feedback Thread

• PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    Sorcs are definitely not weak in the slightest. So tired of people make this crap up.

Just saw one jumping fool sorc take out 5 people solo in IC. These were not noobs either.
    He just jumped around and healed from 25% to 100% 3 or 4 times while we pounded on him.
    Then he just one-two shot everyone. My character is at 26.7 K health, 21K phys and 26K spell resist and dead in 2 shots.

Yea they are weak alright......Horse Hockey
    Sorc is NOT WEAK and do NOT need more buffs.
    This kind of crap has to be nerfed. NO class. spec, build should be able to do that.

So you got 1vx'ed along with 5 other zerglings . Probably try to not zerg and try to actually PVP.

Mag sorc is the easiest spec to kill this patch.

stam yes, mag tanky af.

I would disagree. Mag sorc has zero sustain thanks to harness nerfs and cannot sustain their tankiness.

Unleash a few sequential bursts and load those dots up and the mag sorc will run out of sustain shield stacking within 30 seconds.
  • Tolino
    Tolino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6 impen pieces, 26 k health, 21 k phys, resists, 26 k spell resists, alliance rank 33, former emperor.

Yea clearly I never been in pvp before....

None of these things says anything about how good you are in PvP!

There are many options that can stun you:
    Streak, Rune Cage, Flame Clench, Deadric Minefield, Crystal blast(i don't think he using this morph). But you can see all very well.
    Magsorc: Tôlino (Wardless)
    Magden: Wa-Uller
    Stamsorc: Tolino Sturmfalke
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Idinuse on September 11, 2019 11:56AM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs are definitely not weak in the slightest. So tired of people make this crap up.

Just saw one jumping fool sorc take out 5 people solo in IC. These were not noobs either.
    He just jumped around and healed from 25% to 100% 3 or 4 times while we pounded on him.
    Then he just one-two shot everyone. My character is at 26.7 K health, 21K phys and 26K spell resist and dead in 2 shots.

Yea they are weak alright......Horse Hockey
    Sorc is NOT WEAK and do NOT need more buffs.
    This kind of crap has to be nerfed. NO class. spec, build should be able to do that.

Please don't mix up "Ninja players" with class strength or "skills". This is one of the main reasons a class like Sorcs (or any) gets hit so hard with the nerf hammer, and those players still do what you describe, while the rest of the game struggles as hard as they can with what is left for them.
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

(!@£¤#¤ iphone)
  • Lord_Sando
    Lord_Sando
    ✭✭✭
    All this talk about stam curse how about stam frag it has one useless morph and having a delayed skill that does 25% of the damage of a sub assault or blast bones sounds pretty useless. Also making overload have a morph for stam simular to imbue weapon would work wonders. Imagine as a stam sorc you could imbue your weapon with wind to better weave overload at close range, you can actually overload your weapon. Stam sorc needs somthing I actually find my stam den to be alot more enjoyable due to the class skills that compliment the weapon skills........... Not just all weapon skills
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Sando wrote: »
    All this talk about stam curse how about stam frag

People are more up to a stam curse for two reason:

1) If they simply slap a stam tag on Frags and make it melee it would be just like dizzy swing but with a bit longer cast time and a bit lower damage. Granted, it's aoe and not weapon restricted. However, you could combo a stam curse very well with a Dizzy Swing for a nice st burst combo. (just try a hybrid sorc in pvp and feel the joy of that combo, especially if you mix Fury with it)

2) And more importantly Frags don't grant you Daedric Protection as Curse does. DP is one of the strongest passives in the class trees but also the one that's most annoying to proc on a PvP Stam Sorc. Granted, Frags proc Blood Magic but that heal is so tiny, it's barely noticeable.
  • Dohko_Mbr
    Dohko_Mbr
    Soul Shriven
    1. Acknowledge that stamsorc is a real class and rework skills with a stamina variation. Also make working passives for stamina too

2. Make an spammable ability for both resource classes, stamina/magicka
  • CambionDaemon
    CambionDaemon
    ✭✭✭
    Dohko_Mbr wrote: »
    1. Acknowledge that stamsorc is a real class and rework skills with a stamina variation. Also make working passives for stamina too

No, remake the entire class. All this changing one or two skills at a time cause more problems. The class needs to be reworked from the ground up, just like the other three original classes. The game has changed a lot from its original conception, and that is what the problem with the classes/game is. The new classes work better (as Stamina or Magicka) because they were designed that way, the original four were not.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dohko_Mbr wrote: »

No, remake the entire class. All this changing one or two skills at a time cause more problems. The class needs to be reworked from the ground up, just like the other three original classes. The game has changed a lot from its original conception, and that is what the problem with the classes/game is. The new classes work better (as Stamina or Magicka) because they were designed that way, the original four were not.

Can you imagine the uproar if they take away everything people build on for 5 years and replace it with something different?
  • CambionDaemon
    CambionDaemon
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, but that is generally what they need to do. All of this changing a bit here and there technique that they are doing just doesn't work. Okay they might have an overall plan that makes everything perfect, but I'm not too sure that they do.

Maybe this class 'audit' that they are doing will help/shed some light of their overall plan. Still don't understand why they aren't looking at Nightblade though in said audit.
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭✭
    They said they had plans to look at all classes eventually. Take it with a grain of salt as much as desired though. The fact they even mentioned handling class identity for sorcerers in this next update is pretty huge for me at least.

And as mentioned, there would probably be a pretty big outrage if they did something along those lines. Not only would that probably result in a huge time sink that could've probably otherwise resulted in them making money, it'd also probably make a lot of people quit resulting in more money lost. New players are still coming in and might be interested in the changes, as well as older players that stuck around but that's kind of risky. At least for a company with a pretty big intent on making money versus making a 'perfect' game. It would be pretty nice but can't say I see it happening unless they'd come out with like a ESO 2 or something.
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Celestro wrote: »
    They said they had plans to look at destroy the identity of all classes eventually. Take it with a grain of salt as much as desired though. The fact they even mentioned handling deleting what little remains of class identity for sorcerers in this next update is pretty huge for me at least.

:trollface:
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, we´re here complaining precisely because devs look at class. Class was fine as it was - was strong but not the best at all.

Just wait and see for the next dots "balancing" to see where we head...
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys are crazy if you think Stam Sorc needs any kind of buff. Mag Sorc, or Light Armor users in general, desperately need something to counter damage. There is a CP allocation that directly adds damage against shields, on top of ignored mitigation from spell/phys penetration. There is no answer to this except bastion, which adds to shield size but not strength, and it isn't that much. Maybe fix bastion and it sorts itself out.
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lokey0024 wrote: »
    You guys are crazy if you think Stam Sorc needs any kind of buff. Mag Sorc, or Light Armor users in general, desperately need something to counter damage. There is a CP allocation that directly adds damage against shields, on top of ignored mitigation from spell/phys penetration. There is no answer to this except bastion, which adds to shield size but not strength, and it isn't that much. Maybe fix bastion and it sorts itself out.

seems the only thing u play is magsorc and with not a big experience.
    try stam dude, compare with another stam classes, fight vs magsorcs and another magclasses, especially magtemplar in this patch.
    your reality in eso will change drastically.
    all classes. pc platform, dissapointed.
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭

try stam dude, compare with another stam classes, fight vs magsorcs and another magclasses, especially magtemplar in this patch.

Just did, had a couple race change tokens so I tried an orc Stam Sorc out. It has the best PvP utility out of every melee class currently. Alot of passive health regen, unpurgable dot, speed, heals on crits, an 8% Stam buff that buffs health/Stam regen by 20%, dark conversion heal and regen...do you really need me to go on? Tell me another class that is tailor made more then this to be a monster in PvP?

Let me guess, you want implode back so you don't even have to execute.
    Edited by Lokey0024 on September 11, 2019 9:43PM
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand why people keeping equating looking at stamsorc identity as buffing the class. If done correctly by the devs, they'd still be where they are now more or less but with some unique flair to their playstyle that doesn't include being shoehorned into weapon abilities and not benefitting from more than half the class passive abilities. If some still opt for weapon abilities, that's all fine and dandy too. Just provides more options.

I do acknowledge things can go horribly wrong with how they go about it, but I cant imagine it well considering stamsorcs have so little as it is. That'd be a *** up on astronomical levels that shouldn't be possible by man.
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just did, had a couple race change tokens so I tried an orc Stam Sorc out. It has the best PvP utility out of every melee class currently. Alot of passive health regen, unpurgable dot, speed, heals on crits, an 8% Stam buff that buffs health/Stam regen by 20%, dark conversion heal and regen...do you really need me to go on? Tell me another class that is tailor made more then this to be a monster in PvP?

You are right, stam sorc doesn't need a 'buff'. What people are actually asking for is more useful active class abilities. At the moment the only stamina costing skill is hurricane, which offers amazing class identity but that's it.

Stam sorcs have amazing utility with dark deal, surge and streak but they are all so magicka intensive. Maybe a stamina streak could be good?

Bound armament offers great passives but that's the thing, they are passives. It's not fun playing a game with limited bar space and then slotting passive skills. This could be changed to offer a more active direct damage skill as the only class skill stam sorc have that does physical damage is the fire and forget hurricane.

An improvement to streak mechanics, bound armor offering more than passive buffs, and a physical class ultimate is all stam sorc really need. If done right, those changes should add flavour to the class without adding to its damage potential.
    Edited by Calboy on September 11, 2019 11:05PM
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calboy wrote: »

You are right, stam sorc doesn't need a 'buff'. What people are actually asking for is more useful active class abilities. At the moment the only stamina costing skill is hurricane, which offers amazing class identity but that's it.

Stam sorcs have amazing utility with dark deal, surge and streak but they are all so magicka intensive. Maybe a stamina streak could be good?

Bound armament offers great passives but that's the thing, they are passives. It's not fun playing a game with limited bar space and then slotting passive skills. This could be changed to offer a more active direct damage skill as the only class skill stam sorc have that does physical damage is the fire and forget hurricane.

An improvement to streak mechanics, bound armor offering more than passive buffs, and a physical class ultimate is all stam sorc really need. If done right, those changes should add flavour to the class without adding to its damage potential.

Guess I was kind of thrown off by the "weakest class in PvP" talk. I think any new content would be good and engaging.
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭

Stamsorcs need more group utility. Maybe not in Pvp, but for sure in PvE. There is PvE at this game, even if many players cba, remember...
    Edited by Saril_Durzam on September 12, 2019 12:13PM
  • Cernunnos55
    Cernunnos55
    ✭✭✭

Stamsorcs need more group utility. Maybe not in Pvp, but for sure in PvE. There is PvE at this game, even if many players cba, remember...

You are not seriously advocating the perspective that the developers choose PvPers over PvEers right? Half of the things that cripple PvPers are complaints from PvEers.
    Guild Master of The Pride of Daggerfall, D.C. loyalist and commander of the Cerglings.

R’hana – Khajiit – StamBlade – Crafter/PvP
    Iranduril – Altmer – MagSorc – PvE DPS
    Sayelo Tomylilfren – Argonian – Hybrid Dragonknight – PvE Tank
    A Brexit Policy – Redguard – StamSorc – PvP
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    And half of the things that cripple PvEers are complains from PvPers, who seem to double the PvErs on these forums. PvEers dont care much about other classes, just their. If theirs are fine, they´re okay with other classes also doing fine. PvPers, on the opposite, not only want their class to go well, but others go bad, hence the number or whinning/rage posts.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Small reminding to everyone to be nice to each other, pve, pvp, what does it matter? It is zos who doesn't want to balance separately. also help. I can't find my sorc fun anymore since last patch (pve mag).
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find my magsorc more fun this patch tbh. That said, I have been running Infallible Aether for three years and just switched it over to False God’s devotion... I got no sustain issues, I do wish I didn’t have to rely on entropy for maj. sorcery though
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ive tried hard liking my magsorc after patch. Hell, im playing it more than my magplar (which is my main and better class right now). But i didnt get it; I like challenges but dont like how to class is feeling. Let´s see what news the next Monday bring us.
  • Ellyhan
    Ellyhan
    ✭✭✭
    Give us a spammable vigor and magic. Just that can change everything and give us an identity. All of other classe have a spammable skill. Not the sorcerer.

I like the bound armor of the PTS ! It's a real skill of conjuring now ! But give the same for magical can be cool.

Air Atro too for ulti' can be cool too. In vigor skill.

Change the Crystal Blast who is useless for make a vigor skill.

Maybe change Hauting curse for make it work on vigor too ! Can be cool.

Same for Overloard, right now the skill is scall on star of Staff Expert : Staff Expert Increases your damage done with Light and Heavy Attacks for Destruction and Restoration Staves, as well as Overload by 0%. Not cool, this skill can work on stam too ! I never understand why you give it this on Staff Expert :| And up this ulti ! or nerf it for give us again the 3rd bar action like before ! *o*

Maybe change Endless Fury for make it like spammanble ?
    J'ai pas de coéquipiers, c'est juste mon garde manger.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ellyhan wrote: »
    Give us a spammable vigor and magic. Just that can change everything and give us an identity. All of other classe have a spammable skill. Not the sorcerer.

I like the bound armor of the PTS ! It's a real skill of conjuring now ! But give the same for magical can be cool.

Same for Overloard, right now the skill is scall on star of Staff Expert : Staff Expert Increases your damage done with Light and Heavy Attacks for Destruction and Restoration Staves, as well as Overload by 0%. Not cool, this skill can work on stam too ! I never understand why you give it this on Staff Expert :| And up this ulti ! or nerf it for give us again the 3rd bar action like before ! *o*

I’ve always just used Mages fury as a spammable
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crystal Frags needs to be instant and renamed to Sorc Blast. Also elemental output according to the slotted staff type on the same bar...fire, ice, or lightning dmg.
  • Ellyhan
    Ellyhan
    ✭✭✭
    Ellyhan wrote: »

I’ve always just used Mages fury as a spammable

But it's not right now. Just a finisher. ._.'
    J'ai pas de coéquipiers, c'est juste mon garde manger.