Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

30 Slot Challenge: show off your Inns!

• Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »
    This is pretty standard, but is my first completed (or nearly so) inn room: Golden Griffon Garret, made to be a guestroom since my Altmer moved into the Alinor Townhouse. I believe I'm at 29 items and plan to add a cheese wedge to the fruit plate once I'm able to craft one. Hopefully it looks welcoming. :)
    w7d0ekza2qcz.png
    jhwdx3a5bztk.png
    u9b14lt1huz6.png

Quite welcoming, indeed. I like it. It feels very cozy. B)

Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    The lighting is so cozy!
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you both! :blush:
  • Galen
    Galen
    ✭✭✭
    Here's my Golden Gryphon Garret:
    cnj1oge6fh99.jpg
    yq9glc2oje1n.jpg
    c879ml9ulqow.jpg
    wb652twsdthn.jpg
    j4fyjtdrlaro.jpg

(I find it funny some Elsweyr furnishings actually match just as good or even better to the room than the Alinor versions. :D )
    Edited by Galen on August 13, 2019 12:56AM
    PC - 2013-2016
    Xbox One - 2017-2021
    Xbox Series X - 2021-present
  • dagrdagaz_5912
    dagrdagaz_5912
    ✭✭✭
    @ErinM31 and @Galen, your Golden Gryphon Garret's look good ! :)
    Although suffering from a to low max item limit :/

My Rosy Lion Inn is almost done, shall post pictures then.

My Golden Gryphon Garret is now a work in progress, becos i found a solution to what i hated most about this room :)
    tjk5cg47ebco.jpg
    And, the Candle Stand on the ceiling is temporary, to get an idea about lighting and reflection.
  • dagrdagaz_5912
    dagrdagaz_5912
    ✭✭✭
    My Rosy Lion Inn;

l4x0fcoe29q5.jpg

u7uctcao08pf.jpg

k1wcooka0yxd.jpg

h1vh2kkxqmem.jpg

w8zhqps1etc8.jpg

c4rg3zzz06gt.jpg
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Galen Agreed! Those Elsweyr furnishings are lovely and that rug especially is gorgeous! :smiley:

@dagrdagaz_5912 Very true and I do wish we could upgrade the larger inn rooms to apartments! Nice work with the Rosy Lion Inn! :) For my taste, I might leave out the tub and plant, to give a bit of breathing room and keep to the warm wood feel, but that's just me, and I'm sure the occupant would be grateful for a warm bath! ;)
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are some images of my work-in-progress Sugar Bowl Suite. It's the home of my wood elf who shares the khajiits' appreciation for the finer, sleeker things in life, but she's just starting out, so some furnishings are still rough or simple and one corner are good that were, er, "liberated" and on their way to new owners. ;)

Her good friend Ezabi keeps an eye on things, as does her cat, Hircine (hit that level while doing that daily so it seemed fitting).
    z28ws1j9gitz.png

I really like the effect of minimal lower lighting here -- I actually had more wall candles at one point but the ambiance wasn't what I wanted.
    h1ev8ic47t8r.png

A slightly older pic (no tapestry and basic bowls) at dinner. I really want to put up some drapery here, but the faded khajiit drapes didn't fit as I'd hoped. Still looking...
    xzp082uy5ytq.png

Too tired to extinguish the candles... :lol:
    4hhnkejifkdf.png
    Edited by Araneae6537 on August 16, 2019 6:44PM
  • dagrdagaz_5912
    dagrdagaz_5912
    ✭✭✭
    @dagrdagaz_5912 For my taste, I might leave out the tub and plant, to give a bit of breathing room and keep to the warm wood feel, but that's just me, and I'm sure the occupant would be grateful for a warm bath! ;)

Tnx for the comments, is usefull :)
    I am keeping the plant, it fills the entire corner. The tub though, tnx to u i gave it another look.
    I now feel its to present, in-your-face, perhaps also becos of its color.
    I also kinda have to not thank u for this ;) , becos i dont know yet what to replace it with ;)
  • dagrdagaz_5912
    dagrdagaz_5912
    ✭✭✭
    Dont have Elswyr yet, dont know when, no Sugar Bowl Suite thus.
    So, for now my last inn room, the Golden Gryphon Garret;

gdj7zr4v2tpj.jpg
    tawovorue1pr.jpg
    4cklb03e5kdn.jpg
    dmetw7dlep2s.jpg
    14j8pu9ug9b4.jpg
    tl68xznxxggp.jpg
    1t9bnsafoe2p.jpg

Wanted to add more small items to the mirror dresser and marble table, but item limit :/
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @dagrdagaz_5912 For my taste, I might leave out the tub and plant, to give a bit of breathing room and keep to the warm wood feel, but that's just me, and I'm sure the occupant would be grateful for a warm bath! ;)

Tnx for the comments, is usefull :)
    I am keeping the plant, it fills the entire corner. The tub though, tnx to u i gave it another look.
    I now feel its to present, in-your-face, perhaps also becos of its color.
    I also kinda have to not thank u for this ;) , becos i dont know yet what to replace it with ;)

I don’t think you need to replace the tub with anything; I think it’s nice to have some open space in a room and the Rosy Lion is one of the smaller inn rooms. Perhaps a trunk, chest, or similar at the foot of the bed would work well?

I really like what you did with your Golden Gryphon Garret! :smile: The lowered ceiling fits well and allows for a ceiling light — good idea! Everything works together beautifully — the dark wood Alinor furnishings, the green and marble — and the tub fits perfectly in this room! ;)
  • Eirinin
    Eirinin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dont have Elswyr yet, dont know when, no Sugar Bowl Suite thus.
    So, for now my last inn room, the Golden Gryphon Garret;

gdj7zr4v2tpj.jpg
    tawovorue1pr.jpg
    4cklb03e5kdn.jpg
    dmetw7dlep2s.jpg
    14j8pu9ug9b4.jpg
    tl68xznxxggp.jpg
    1t9bnsafoe2p.jpg

Wanted to add more small items to the mirror dresser and marble table, but item limit :/

This is really classy and pretty! What a comfy place to come home to.
  • Ithilis
    Ithilis
    ✭✭✭
    I love this inn room thread! 15 to 30 slots is such a challenge!
    Using collectibles like pets and mounts and undaunted trophies in creative way you might just safe an extra slot or make it look fuller.

Here is my argonian inn room in the Rosy Lion:

upudmmcudvqq.png
    1jdnwz5a578s.png

From all my houses, from big to small I am most proud of this one :)
    Leader of Storytellers&Slavers RP guild PC EU
    Officer in Aetherius Art Housing guild PC EU
    Saxhleel - Power to the Hist
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ithilis wrote: »
    1jdnwz5a578s.png

I really like how you framed the painting with rocks here. Great room, thanks for sharing!
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Ithilis wrote: »
    I love this inn room thread! 15 to 30 slots is such a challenge!
    Using collectibles like pets and mounts and undaunted trophies in creative way you might just safe an extra slot or make it look fuller.

Here is my argonian inn room in the Rosy Lion:

upudmmcudvqq.png
    1jdnwz5a578s.png

From all my houses, from big to small I am most proud of this one :)

I really like this.

I was kind of hoping there would be an actual Argonian inn room, in Murkmire; but, no.

The DLCs should have inn rooms in their main cities.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ithilis - Love this idea. Looks like you can crawl right out between those rocks and into the marsh / fields :)
  • Ithilis
    Ithilis
    ✭✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »
    Ithilis - Love this idea. Looks like you can crawl right out between those rocks and into the marsh / fields :)

That was indeed intended: like you have a real view over the landscape through windows.
    Nice that you like it!
    Leader of Storytellers&Slavers RP guild PC EU
    Officer in Aetherius Art Housing guild PC EU
    Saxhleel - Power to the Hist
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is my Poison/ outlaw shop done in the ebony flask inn.
    tbettdvxqv9f.png
    8pfbodx3yfaw.png
    di6yvao3m7uu.png
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaisernick wrote: »
    tbettdvxqv9f.png
    8pfbodx3yfaw.png
    di6yvao3m7uu.png

Very cool! :) I’m experimenting with thief / assassin hideout / storeroom ideas in some of my rooms at present. I often have to revise a lot from original ideas but it is a fun challenge. Your outlaws’ shop is looking good! I like the alchemical nature it is taking and love the bounty board! :smiley:
    Edited by Araneae6537 on October 18, 2019 6:10PM
  • Feendish
    Feendish
    ✭✭✭
    So many lovely little builds! I love the inn rooms, because they're perfect for capturing a snippet of an idea.

Ebony Flask Inn Room:
    uw3hrv56fvqf.png

Sugar Bowl Suite:
    n3ml6aep58dj.png

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kaisernick wrote: »

I really like your crate poster board! The rest of the room is great, too, but kudos on your creative use of existing furniture to create something else.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't like the Mara's Kiss inn room at first as it is sooo tiny compared to inn rooms in the expansions and most beds simply don't fit. I decided to do something different with it and make it a bolt hole for my Bosmer thief duly appointed Eye of the Queen. ;)

fco32yd01hdo.png

7j2vioew0zhc.png

dlsze91gk78c.png

Edited by Araneae6537 on October 15, 2019 7:18AM
  • swankery
    swankery
    ✭✭✭✭
    Out of the 20+ homes I've decorated, this is my first 30 slot. Cheers! 8yqm4ppm3mny.png
    as4abgqbfhpd.png
    37kl9bq2x9vb.png
    https://www.twitch.tv/swankery/ Housing Enthusiast! DDA founder/rep/Twitter@Swankery1@Swankery PC/NA https://www.youtube.com/c/swankery
  • dagrdagaz_5912
    dagrdagaz_5912
    ✭✭✭
    swankery wrote: »
    Out of the 20+ homes I've decorated, this is my first 30 slot. Cheers!

Wow, awesome!!
    Fantastic looking small library / study room.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Feendish I love your Ebony Flask inn room! <3 What is the sculpture/relief you have used as a centerpiece?

@swankery Very nice! The stained glass added to the window looks great and love the border you created above the bookshelves with the tapestry! :smiley:
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Feendish - I love the lighting and color scheme of your SBS.

@ErinM31 - the Bosmer leather really compliments the wood in MK.

@swankery - Did you build yourself in to take the overview screenshot?! I really like how you "wallpapered" with the Elsweyr walls. The DB window looks really natural in a place I never would have exected b it to. Kudos!
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    after a long day full of heavy battles, the warrior princess loves to relax in Mara's Kiss public bathhouse ;)

Not visble: the relaxing background music from the singing elsweyr wall, that was placed invisibly.

86pz7h4n53k6.png

s1snsg79do88.png
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @markulrich1966 Oooh, I like your doing something different with Mara’s Kiss and like the marble bath you’ve created set off with the colorful Elsweyr towels! :) The animal heads don’t seem quite as fitting, in my opinion. Some Alinor or Elsweyr decor or more lovely plants might better fit the feel perhaps?
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @markulrich1966 Oooh, I like your doing something different with Mara’s Kiss and like the marble bath you’ve created set off with the colorful Elsweyr towels! :) The animal heads don’t seem quite as fitting, in my opinion. Some Alinor or Elsweyr decor or more lovely plants might better fit the feel perhaps?

yeah I initially used it as storage for the animal heads and stuff, I attach a screenshot of how it looked earlier today.

So the heads are just a remain and will be placed somewhere else somewhen :)

ocyrom4tuvlr.png
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    after a long day full of heavy battles, the warrior princess loves to relax in Mara's Kiss public bathhouse ;)

Not visble: the relaxing background music from the singing elsweyr wall, that was placed invisibly.

86pz7h4n53k6.png

s1snsg79do88.png

Fantastic! I hardly recognize the space!
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.