Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Class Rep] Werewolf Feedback Thread

• cmvet
    cmvet
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_Wolfe wrote: »
    cmvet wrote: »
    Insert the obligatory "How in oblivion were you getting 70k on a werewolf?"

I could just barely break 30k, pre-scalebreaker. Don't even want to know what it's dropped to now. :/

it's on a raid dummy that gives you majority of buffs. But really, Relequen and Bloodmoon or Tzogvins. Hell, even viper works well.

Wait, so there's target dummies that cheese your parse for you now? :o

That's not a very accurate representation of a werewolf's strength, since they can't get most of those buffs without non-ww's helping them. I also really hate that people keep saying "oh it's just relequen and bloodmoon" because that's simply not true. While I've never run that particular combo myself (don't have the pieces), my husband has and he still only got ~35k out of it in werewolf form. There's obviously more too it, and people misrepresenting WW as "one weird trick for easy dps" is part of what got us nerfed so bad in the first place.

It is relevant for trials, as you will have those buffs up, so it shows raid damage, not solo damage. Relequen is an easy one to get, always ncr groups in crag. Bloodmoon on the other hand was a *** to get the right pieces.

When dpsing on 6mil dummy i pulled 42k prior to scalebreaker with just the light attack and claw rotation, will test post. I think i was 47-48k adding in a howl every 4th light attack (except when bloodmoon was up). On a 6mil dummy, Vipers is only about 1k dps less than bloodmoon. Also, run at least 1 bloodthirsty trait on jewelry, preferably 2. Put a good amount (48+)of cp into Physical weapon expert (light attacks are your main damage), and direct dmage (61), rest into mighty, and crit damage. Also, try the shadow mundus .
    Edited by cmvet on August 27, 2019 11:56PM
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I could just barely break 30k, pre-scalebreaker. Don't even want to know what it's dropped to now. :/

it's on a raid dummy that gives you majority of buffs. But really, Relequen and Bloodmoon or Tzogvins. Hell, even viper works well.

That's not a very accurate representation of a werewolf's strength, since they can't get most of those buffs without non-ww's helping them. I also really hate that people keep saying "oh it's just relequen and bloodmoon" because that's simply not true. While I've never run that particular combo myself (don't have the pieces), my husband has and he still only got ~35k out of it in werewolf form. There's obviously more too it, and people misrepresenting WW as "one weird trick for easy dps" is part of what got us nerfed so bad in the first place.

It is relevant for trials, as you will have those buffs up, so it shows raid damage, not solo damage. Relequen is an easy one to get, always ncr groups in crag. Bloodmoon on the other hand was a *** to get the right pieces.

When dpsing on 6mil dummy i pulled 42k prior to scalebreaker with just the light attack and claw rotation, will test post. I think i was 47-48k adding in a howl every 4th light attack (except when bloodmoon was up). On a 6mil dummy, Vipers is only about 1k dps less than bloodmoon. Also, run at least 1 bloodthirsty trait on jewelry, preferably 2. Put a good amount (48+)of cp into Physical weapon expert (light attacks are your main damage), and direct dmage (61), rest into mighty, and crit damage. Also, try the shadow mundus .

When you are in WW form :)

There are too much dps lost when you are out of WW form , WW focused gears and CP setting are bad in humanroid form .

I think WW is still OK in PUG non HM trial .
  • cmvet
    cmvet
    ✭✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »

When you are in WW form :)

There are too much dps lost when you are out of WW form , WW focused gears and CP setting are bad in humanroid form .

I think WW is still OK in PUG non HM trial .

Yes, depends on the trial. There are only a couple of them that I drop out in mid fight. Most I can stay in ww form 90% of the time. I will intentionally drop out on certain trash mobs to build ulti to make sure you have it on bosses.
  • Mr_Wolfe
    Mr_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭

If you've got an ideal trials group (by no means a given) and you want to test your effectiveness as a team, then you should all parse together and see how you do. Slapping on a bunch of buffs for a solo parse is just artificially inflating your numbers.

As for your other advice, I appreciate the effort but most of that doesn't help me much. I farmed nCR for ages and finally gave up because the rng there hates me, most pugs struggled to clear it, and the people I knew who used relequen weren't parsing much higher than I was -- despite guys like Alcast claiming to hit 70-80k.

For reference, this was my build circa update 21: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=171560

50k stam, 4k weapon damage with Major Brutality and Weapon Damage glyph. 40% physical crit rate, 8k physical penetration. Blue CP distributed about how you suggest. 2 bloodied / 1 infused on jewelry with all physical damage enchants.

My parses topped out at about 32k using pretty much the rotation you describe. I got significantly less trying an all LA or just LA+Claws rotation.

Honestly, I don't know what to think at this point. Maybe relequen was just massively overperforming in a very niche circumstance. But again, nobody I actually know / play with was seeing performance like that. Either way, one specific build is not representative of werewolf as a whole. And certainly not a reason to gut it the way the devs have in this latest update.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »
    Katahdin wrote: »
    Will post a PS4 DPS parse of Pre-Scalebreaker vs. Post with Pack leader and other form. So far, pack leader went from 70k DPS down to 49k DPS on 25mil dummy. Will grab others after work.

Can you compare that to what berserker gives as well please?

Alright, so results are in for Dps output on both Pack leader and Beserker morphs...

https://youtu.be/obBfVufxZ0E
    Werewolf Pack Leader before scalebreaker was 70.5k DPS on basic rotation. Pack Leader after Scalebreaker is 49k DPS with same rotation. Beserker morph after Scalebreaker 59.5k DPS. Damn huge damage nerfs. About 30% nerf on Pack Leader, and about 16% reduction on Beseker morph. So much for "should feel 25% stronger".

Why does ZOS even care to spend time on changing something only a tiny fraction of a fraction of the population actually plays?

Why can’t ZOS just leave it alone and let people enjoy something that isn’t hurting anyone...

Honestly? I'm not sure even they know. The wishy-washy changes they make, bouncing around from one extreme to the other, making changes that make no sense, giving PvP only racials to some while leaving other races with only PvE passives, eradicating 20 years of lore in a single stroke, and many, many other absurd changes really hurts their credibility as planners and programmers. I've given up trying to understand why, I just hold my breath and wait for the next bomb to drop.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hate to say it but I don't expect them to relent on this.

A lot of people have been running vMA on their werewolf even after the nerf. I know a lot said they were gona dump it. I still ran it on mine and managed to get Flawless on him after the nerf.

I'm concerned they may see that and others still running it and say "nope everything is fine"
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A lot of people have been running vMA on their werewolf even after the nerf. I know a lot said they were gona dump it. I still ran it on mine and managed to get Flawless on him after the nerf.

I'm concerned they may see that and others still running it and say "nope everything is fine"
    That is not the case of WW only. Other classes can do easy flawless runs too. One fraction of the content should not be the only determinant to balance stuff. We have overland, group PvE and PvP solo / group too.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on August 28, 2019 2:39PM
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is not the case of WW only. Other classes can do easy flawless runs too. One fraction of the content should not be the only determinant to balance stuff. We have overland, group PvE and PvP solo / group too.

I agree but this is ZoS we are talking about. They sometimes tend to have a very narrow focus and ignore a lot of relevancy outside their focal point.
  • SosRuvaak
    SosRuvaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will post a PS4 DPS parse of Pre-Scalebreaker vs. Post with Pack leader and other form. So far, pack leader went from 70k DPS down to 49k DPS on 25mil dummy. Will grab others after work.

Alright, so results are in for Dps output on both Pack leader and Beserker morphs...

Werewolf Pack Leader before scalebreaker was 70.5k DPS on basic rotation. Pack Leader after Scalebreaker is 49k DPS with same rotation. Beserker morph after Scalebreaker 59.5k DPS. Damn huge damage nerfs. About 30% nerf on Pack Leader, and about 16% reduction on Beseker morph. So much for "should feel 25% stronger".

Hold up....
    How can I get to the version before scalebreaker??
    I want to play that version.
    For the Pact!
    ~Sump Scales~
    Lusty Argonian Nightblade
    ~Baron Humbert von Gikkingen~
    Smokes-His-Greens
    ~Ruvaak~
  • Dashmatt
    Dashmatt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think deep down, we all knew that bleeds would eventually get nerfed, and werewolves would be an afterthought.

I’m not sure anyone expected the heal and Pack Leader to be gutted in that same patch. Then top it off with nerfed LA damage.

• Dracoqueen
    Dracoqueen
    ✭✭
    Takes extremely long time to charge up for not that much gain. Aside from being in constant combat for a long period of time there's not that much use for being a werewolf just for a boss fight. The eating corpses to extend time is nice though
  • cmvet
    cmvet
    ✭✭✭
    SosRuvaak wrote: »

Hold up....
    How can I get to the version before scalebreaker??
    I want to play that version.

agree. so with some playing on my beserker sorc orc. Running the rotation of la, claws every 9 seconds (except when blood moon is up), and howl every 3-4 light attacks, I was able to get one parse to just above 65k dps on PS4, the other 3 parses were very mixed ranging from 61.5k to 63.8k. Will have to play around with cp more to see what I can do on PS4. There are still some able to get to 80k on PC.
  • cmvet
    cmvet
    ✭✭✭
    Dracoqueen wrote: »
    Takes extremely long time to charge up for not that much gain. Aside from being in constant combat for a long period of time there's not that much use for being a werewolf just for a boss fight. The eating corpses to extend time is nice though

And use feral pounce. adds another 4 seconds when you leap from 10+ meters. But it is sad, that now if you spec for a normal stam dps (not even optimal dps) you will out damage your werewolf.
  • cmvet
    cmvet
    ✭✭✭
    Dashmatt wrote: »
    I think deep down, we all knew that bleeds would eventually get nerfed, and werewolves would be an afterthought.

I’m not sure anyone expected the heal and Pack Leader to be gutted in that same patch. Then top it off with nerfed LA damage.

Yeah, the nerf stick beating was real this patch. I have come up with a completely different BG build/style (well, does take some aspects of my previous build), but it needs more testing. So far in only purple gear with only like 2 impen pieces it is performing well in BG's. Will run it for a few more days to see if it holds up. Making sure you can heal is definitely presenting more of a challenge now. When I die, it's always cause I'm out of magicka. Got it so I can at least cast 4 heals if need be. and damage is way down.
  • Vordac
    Vordac
    ✭✭
    Found my xp to be about the same - drop from about 84k to 66 using 5xrele,5xtzogvin,2xstormfist. Switching to kena I could buff it to 71 at the cost of *** sustain. Bloodmoon performs comparable to tzogvin but I find the rotation much more unstable which would be less desirable in complex fights where you blow your bm proc. But then again, maybe my bloodmoon proc. is underperforming given Im xboxEU from Aus so my connection is unbearably laggy - La dont seem to recieve the speed buff they do when looking at Pc parses.
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Who is the werewolf class rep now???
  • Mr_Wolfe
    Mr_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭

I don't think we ever had one? In theory each class rep is supposed to represent all the classes, but Werewolf isn't a class (and ZOS hates us), so we've always been kinda left out of that process.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I don't think we ever had one? In theory each class rep is supposed to represent all the classes, but Werewolf isn't a class (and ZOS hates us), so we've always been kinda left out of that process.

What can class rep do ?

Nothing .

ZOS just ignored all feedback !
  • cmvet
    cmvet
    ✭✭✭
    Vordac wrote: »
    Found my xp to be about the same - drop from about 84k to 66 using 5xrele,5xtzogvin,2xstormfist. Switching to kena I could buff it to 71 at the cost of *** sustain. Bloodmoon performs comparable to tzogvin but I find the rotation much more unstable which would be less desirable in complex fights where you blow your bm proc. But then again, maybe my bloodmoon proc. is underperforming given Im xboxEU from Aus so my connection is unbearably laggy - La dont seem to recieve the speed buff they do when looking at Pc parses.

Same reason i prefer Tzogvin. Most fights are not on a 25mil target ;) I prefer to keep the buff on myself rather than rely on it proc'ing at the right time on the right target.
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Test results from pvp yesterday: sustain very good grundwulf is a very good set for werewolves. Setup is working fine had a nice 4vs12 yesterday enjoying werewolf. The 20k max mag is helping and grundwulf + desert ensures a constant magica coming in. Didn't have the feeling that my mag or stam sustain was insufficient. Heals are a it less but crit alot more often (10.tk non crit 16.8k crit) ha and la damage has gone down but is alot easier to land(man can't remember the last time on werewolf when 95% of my heavy attacks hit the intended target XD)

Still killing people quite easily (well except tanks but with the defile nerf ages ago I've gotten used to struggle with those)

Yesterday pretty much every fear->ha->Hoa combo I set up landed quite easily I almost never missed it. I sofar the only thing I can fuss about is the stupidly high overall damage anything over 1vs3 is risky atm unless the enemies are totally brain dead.

What's nice is that those annoying 3-4 man resource camping is sob's who literally just farm solo players seem to struggle to fight any bigger groups with their usual solo setups.

Just involves executing the werewolf bursts perfectly most of the time to bring people down.

Yeah it was nerfed but I think it is compensatable with player skill.
    I just have to get better in landing my combos even when under pressure then I should be fine.

In pve my dps has dropped from 75k dps to 60k dps so I can't do most vet raids anymore since my dps doesn't Reach the requirements so I stick to dungeon runs and pvp.
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • Mr_Wolfe
    Mr_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »

What can class rep do ?

Nothing .

ZOS just ignored all feedback !

To be honest, this is nothing new. Back when the class rep program started their consensus was "werewolf players do not want sweeping changes to their abilities" and the dev's response was to do the first of several sweeping overhauls.
  • SosRuvaak
    SosRuvaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what if instead of class reps zos actually payed attention to the feedback threads instead of just making it a pile place?

>2 heals
    > -17% basic attack damage
    >nerf pack leader

nobody who actually plays ww said this was a good idea.
    For the Pact!
    ~Sump Scales~
    Lusty Argonian Nightblade
    ~Baron Humbert von Gikkingen~
    Smokes-His-Greens
    ~Ruvaak~
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The biggest mistake imho ZOS did in this whole WW nerf in update 23, is that they treated werewolf ultimate, just like an ordinary ability or ultimate. Tbh. it almost feels like ZOS deliberately over nerfed it just in case, as they did not had time to deal with it...

I was trying for a long time to find something that werewolf in ESO can be compared to. I have found that... there is not many of such things in eso. The closest thing I could have found is Volendrung or Bone Goliath Transformation.

However, both those things are very different.
    - Volendrung is meant to counter EMP zergs in PvP (at least this was the idea behind it) and does not block any of your passives. WW on the other hand, blocks your weapon passives and you dont have access to Vampire passives (for obvious reasons). But it goes on the list, because just like werewolf, it locks you with presets abilities (but with ulti, which ww does not have).
    - Bone Goliath Transformation - Similar as WW. Gives you bonuses while transformed, but dose not block any of your passives, and on top of that, you can slot any weapon skill you want & use it.

When it comes to werewolf - there is simply nothing to compare it to. That is why I do believe that applying regular "base line" for dots, hots, heals, spam-ables, AOEs etc. to WW is simply not working as it should, as WW is a "Different Beast" shall we say (no pun intended). WW, from the lack of better term, in the larger picture, having the whole game in the background, simply suffers from "lack of consistency".

Since it is abnormal ulitmate, which does not work like anything else in this game, it would require either to be treated as such ( an exception to the rules) or it would require a lot of changes to have some consistency. For the start it could be:
    - Keeping weapon passives in WW form.
    - Allowing to use non-dmg class abilities (buffs or de-buffs) in WW form.
    - Allowing to use sneak in WW form.
    - Perhaps, adding more skills, so you could customize your "only" 1 bar.
    - In general, it should not be treated as an Ultimate, but rather as a "mini-class".
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In pve my dps has dropped from 75k dps to 60k dps so I can't do most vet raids anymore since my dps doesn't Reach the requirements so I stick to dungeon runs and pvp.

That is a rediculous requirement. You don't need 75K dps to complete anything

• Daedric_NB_187
    Daedric_NB_187
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a rediculous requirement. You don't need 75K dps to complete anything

I was going to say the same thing.
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭

big mistake of Zos, that they increased general dps to a very huge values.
    it caused all non-dlc dungeons and craglorn trials to became easy af, and some veteran dlc dungeons and trials possible only mith maximizing everything to the roof.

And, worst thing, that it touched pvp to cause same problem as was before they added 50% cut for damage and healing for battle spirit.

But, it isn't worth... Werewolf of Vampire are things mainly for PvP, which should be basement for it's design.
    And pve balancing should rely at this not at numbers appeared in game because of broken roof for pve dps.
    That's why 75 or 60k even not for werewolf are not right things if they owerpower them in pvp.

And mechanics in pve, which designed for these numbers are also garbage.
    all classes. pc platform, dissapointed.
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler werewolf concept is broken.
    It's a beast, with only defensive thing it's hide.
    Big burst, mobility, healing.
    Not pve tank's resists and summoned wolfs with unreliable to control "debuffs from them".
    My thoughts on what can be done to replace these resists - max health bonus and maybe healing recovery.

Main thing i don't like when u're werewolf - u are not mobile in reality.
    Snares, roots are the end. With a pocket healers not a problem, without - pugkiller is only a destiny. It's definitely not right design. (u have no any tools to counter any debuffs or dots at all to be clear here, but mobility...cmn)

Second thing - light and heavy attacks doesn't hit right, most of the time u feel like just waving your paws in the air.
    Idk what's this, wrong sound and animation work or how it works with hitboxes, but this feedback is very frustrating.
    Also, bleeding from them is like invisible thing... To feel the power u should taste the fight!

Third, dodge rolls and stuns...at werewolf it looks ~ same as very small jumps in chosen direction and... depression...
    Whole 5 years the game exists. Maybe it's time to change this?

With male and female characters to have the same male look in werewolf form...

Big field to change it, please don't stuck at old concept frames
    Edited by JusticeSouldier on September 1, 2019 1:35PM
  • FenrisWolf1136
    FenrisWolf1136
    ✭✭✭

it caused all non-dlc dungeons and craglorn trials to became easy af, and some veteran dlc dungeons and trials possible only mith maximizing everything to the roof.

And, worst thing, that it touched pvp to cause same problem as was before they added 50% cut for damage and healing for battle spirit.

But, it isn't worth... Werewolf of Vampire are things mainly for PvP, which should be basement for it's design.
    And pve balancing should rely at this not at numbers appeared in game because of broken roof for pve dps.
    That's why 75 or 60k even not for werewolf are not right things if they owerpower them in pvp.

Werewolf and vampire are not designed for "mainly pvp". Sure they are not a class per say, but you wouldn't go and say some class is designed for mainly pvp. They should be usable and designed around using them in all content. Pve and pvp. 75k on a werewolf is fine, a bit low actually for some pve hm trials, but they are not overpowered in pvp or pve at all. If you think they are, you need to learn to counter them and wear them down. Its rather easy to do now that their heal cost is so extreme and that bleeds have been nerfed.

Also, regarding dungeons and trials. Mechanics that require a dps rush are fine, its supposed to be challenging.
    The issue i have with the dungeons and trials is when the game is in such a broken state that the mechanics break, refuse to show up, cause invisible aoes, invincible adds, targeting issues, bosses aoes don't go where they are displayed, full out crashes... the list goes on.
    Programmer of FenrisBot for discord.
    The helper bot for ESO. Console Focused.
    Check out https://norsewolfgames.com/fenrisbot for more information or to add it to your discord!
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭

Werewolf and vampire are not designed for "mainly pvp". Sure they are not a class per say, but you wouldn't go and say some class is designed for mainly pvp. They should be usable and designed around using them in all content. Pve and pvp. 75k on a werewolf is fine, a bit low actually for some pve hm trials, but they are not overpowered in pvp or pve at all. If you think they are, you need to learn to counter them and wear them down. Its rather easy to do now that their heal cost is so extreme and that bleeds have been nerfed.

Also, regarding dungeons and trials. Mechanics that require a dps rush are fine, its supposed to be challenging.
    The issue i have with the dungeons and trials is when the game is in such a broken state that the mechanics break, refuse to show up, cause invisible aoes, invincible adds, targeting issues, bosses aoes don't go where they are displayed, full out crashes... the list goes on.

u're not objective here.
    even your nickname shows this.
    sorry dude, but this dancing around both pve and pvp at the same time without prioritizing causes such problems as this game got in this patch. and causes no enjoy for me for example to play as ww because it stays crap for a bunch of years partly because of this.
    pvp, than pve here, because of the combat balance issues.
    Edited by JusticeSouldier on September 1, 2019 4:56PM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

u're not objective here.
    even your nickname shows this.
    sorry dude, but this dancing around both pve and pvp at the same time without prioritizing causes such problems as this game got in this patch. and causes no enjoy for me for example to play as ww because it stays crap for a bunch of years partly because of this.
    pvp, than pve here, because of the combat balance issues.

ZOS will never seperate PvE and PvP and it makes no sense to do so at this point. Werewolf is dead, unless you zerg or get carried by a group......

Just let ww go
    Edited by Qbiken on September 1, 2019 5:54PM