The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Streak fatigue but no Cloak fatigue?

• TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaruKamui wrote: »
    Just use more dots on em.

Cloak negate single target dot. Only ground dots works on them. More dot single target dot will not do anything against nightbladescwhen they cloak. Also aoe attacks are 33% weaker and cost 33% more and can easily be move away from. It is supposed to be a dot meta on all classes except nightblades who cloak.

I can list all the skills and sets that pull NBs out of cloak.

Unfathomable Darkness being my personal favourite.

Please do list them and he how practical they are in combat outside from finding nightblades. As for unfathomable darkness, I'm pretty sure it's a bug that will be fixed sometime in the future.

Really, practicality?

On my magblade, slotting magelight is already very useful even if not fighting against nightblades. It increases my shield strength and damage because of the extra magicka, and it gives me major prophecy.

On my magplar, sweeps with various snares are already enough to catch nightblades

On my magsorc, I have streak, which is so practical I dont even think I need to say why. Also boundless storm.

On my stamsorc, I have hurricane, which is a huge aoe on the fastest class in-game.

All of these are pretty useful even when not fighting nightblades, wouldn't you agree?

Finally, there's the good 'ol detect pot on my back pocket.

Of course each of these have varying degrees of reliability, and none of them are effective 100% of the time, otherwise slotting cloak would be useless if it's a dead skill. IMO cloak is very effective when fighting scrubs, but you also have to know how to survive without it because good people know how to reveal cloaked NBs. You'd be surprised how many nightblades just try to spam cloak and die while im on top of them with magelight.

Why are people even arguing about this even. Streak and cloak and even dodge rolls are totally different mechanics each with pros and cons. you cant compare then 1 to 1 like a lot of people are doing here. Each of them have counters, and each have variable usefulness depending on the situation. You have to compare whole classes to balance, and not just compare skills one to one.

If every skill in this game worked the same, then why have different classes in the first place?

^
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cloak negate single target dot. Only ground dots works on them. More dot single target dot will not do anything against nightbladescwhen they cloak. Also aoe attacks are 33% weaker and cost 33% more and can easily be move away from. It is supposed to be a dot meta on all classes except nightblades who cloak.

Please do list them and he how practical they are in combat outside from finding nightblades. As for unfathomable darkness, I'm pretty sure it's a bug that will be fixed sometime in the future.

I am glad I do not try to find every reason I can think of to not do something.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Really, practicality?

On my magblade, slotting magelight is already very useful even if not fighting against nightblades. It increases my shield strength and damage because of the extra magicka, and it gives me major prophecy.

On my magplar, sweeps with various snares are already enough to catch nightblades

On my magsorc, I have streak, which is so practical I dont even think I need to say why. Also boundless storm.

On my stamsorc, I have hurricane, which is a huge aoe on the fastest class in-game.

All of these are pretty useful even when not fighting nightblades, wouldn't you agree?

Of course each of these have varying degrees of reliability, and none of them are effective 100% of the time, otherwise slotting cloak would be useless if it's a dead skill. IMO cloak is very effective when fighting scrubs, but you also have to know how to survive without it because good people know how to reveal cloaked NBs. You'd be surprised how many nightblades just try to spam cloak and die while im on top of them with magelight.

Why are people even arguing about this even. Streak and cloak and even dodge rolls are totally different mechanics each with pros and cons. you cant compare then 1 to 1 like a lot of people are doing here. Each of them have counters, and each have variable usefulness depending on the situation. You have to compare whole classes to balance, and not just compare skills one to one.

If every skill in this game worked the same, then why have different classes in the first place?

All skills you mentioned have either short range or penalty to use. Hurricane is 9 meter raduis after 10 seconds, but you do not simply let it run all way, most people recast it at 12-13 second to avoid getting nuked for squishyness. Skreat is valid option but penalty. All these skills are not close to being reliable beside streak on magsorc.
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Really, practicality?

Magelight is useless

Templar snares and sweeps? Activate rat or escape to remove snares, shade and cloak

Streak? Shade and cloak

Stamsorc is the trickiest but once you shade and cloak it's a fluke if they find you

And no, I'm not saving a detect pot just for a single overpowered skill

Cloak has many counters however the good cloak user can counter all the counters just as easily thanks to the developers giving nightblades tools to counter the counters. I've played magblade and I can escape from anyone. I know this because I'm a terrible magblade who escaped every time I knew I couldn't win a fight.
    Edited by Calboy on August 19, 2019 5:25AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calboy wrote: »

Really, practicality?

Magelight is useless

Cloak has many counters however the good cloak user can counter all the counters just as easily thanks to the developers giving nightblades tools to counter the counters. I've played magblade and I can escape from anyone. I know this because I'm a terrible magblade who escaped every time I knew I couldn't win a fight.

Magelight is not useless as I use it all the time to pull NBs out of cloak. I find it works very well.

I really quotes this because of the comment that a good cloak user can counter all the counters. What you are really saying is a skilled player is not relying on cloak to escape, but has other tools in their tool chest and they utilize them.

I would expect any skilled player is more than a one trick pony and figure out what works well instead of trying to get everything nerfed so they can handle situations better. After all, that is what separates many of us.
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calboy wrote: »

Really, practicality?

Magelight is useless

Templar snares and sweeps? Activate rat or escape to remove snares, shade and cloak

Streak? Shade and cloak

Stamsorc is the trickiest but once you shade and cloak it's a fluke if they find you

And no, I'm not saving a detect pot just for a single overpowered skill

I like how your counter for templars is to “escape” lol.

Are you also not saving immovable pots for when you need cc immunity? I guess that’s your problem then. And if magelight isnt going well for you, you may be using it wrong. It is very effective if you have the mobility to keep on top of targets.

Also you are proving my point by saying that a good cloak user (but what you actually mean is a good nightblade) does not rely solely on cloak to do well.

I actually have a harder time killing other classes who suddenly use invis pots because it’s unexpected and i’m not always in the position to deal with it when they do use it.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Really, practicality?

All skills you mentioned have either short range or penalty to use. Hurricane is 9 meter raduis after 10 seconds, but you do not simply let it run all way, most people recast it at 12-13 second to avoid getting nuked for squishyness. Skreat is valid option but penalty. All these skills are not close to being reliable beside streak on magsorc.

What were you expecting? A skill that reveals every cloaked nb in a 40m radius? Lol.

• universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Really, practicality?

What were you expecting? A skill that reveals every cloaked nb in a 40m radius? Lol.

No, just a more reliable source like flare pre scalebreaker when it was cheap and it's as costly as purge. Believe it or not, I used to run it on my stam sorc when I notice too many nightblades in BG. Now too expensive to use for what it does.
  • killingspreeb16_ESO
    killingspreeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Really, practicality?

Ye this is what he is basically asking.

His(and the other guy too)entire point is a NB use most(if not all) the class kit to make cloak reliable vs 1 counter and yet let's say a templar in tunnel vision spamming jab while drooling on his keyboard should negate cloak 100% of the time.(ironically they alredy do if you rely just on cloak)
    Edited by killingspreeb16_ESO on August 19, 2019 6:33AM
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I adapted by playing Magicka Nightblade myself. Now instead of crying about cancerous cloak. I utilize cloak to be cancerous to others. And post match stats like these.

XP9Bb06.png

x7Acbxm.png

WHY CLOAK DON'T HAVE COST INCREASE LIKE STREAK?

OR

WHY DOES STREAK HAS COST INCREASE?

Now tell me to L2P. I DARE YOU!
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I adapted by playing Magicka Nightblade myself. Now instead of crying about cancerous cloak. I utilize cloak to be cancerous to others. And post match stats like these.

XP9Bb06.png

x7Acbxm.png

OR

So what? I have stats like these on my magsorc and it doesnt mean squat on the topic of streak having a cost increase, and cloak not having it.

vUYAmKe.jpg

• Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    hesobad wrote: »
    Why is there a ramping increase cost "fatigue" mechanic on streak but not on cloak? At least you can still use ranged abilities on sorcs when they streak away, however, when a NB cloaks they are completely un-targetable. Does not make sense to me, people complain about how powerful cloak is all the time, and forces people to use expensive reveal potions in PvP. Why no add fatigue to cloak as it exists on roll dodge and streak currently.

this is literally toxic af
    you people stop at nothing to try to destroy classes!
    why is it people try to destroy the few traits classes have left in game that make them viable!
    oh i know people are jealous and want kills for nothing if they're on the opposition.
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    the casuals will always be envious of mobility & high damage classes, always pleading their cases to zos of why they need to be granted free kills!

• jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play both daily and can 100% say streak is much better all around vs cloak.

Cap closer.... pft I'm not even in a super high mag build (43k) and I can bolt across the map.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaime1982 wrote: »

Cap closer.... pft I'm not even in a super high mag build (43k) and I can bolt across the map.

I highly doubt you can make 5 consecutive streaks without depleting you magicka.
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

100% False. Cloak has no mobility for escape. Zero. It mitigates damage. It does not remove the nightblade from the area of danger.

Immobilize a nightblade. They can cloak and/or shield to mitigate damage but they will still be stuck. Not escape.

It is an escape as it allows you to remove yourself from the combat as people can no longer see and therefore attack you. It is even a better escape than streak, as it makes you invisible and there are only a few counters to it and most of them only work in the first 1 or 2 seconds. Sure, you can lock the NB in place with a root, but you can also just gap close the streaking sorc ... or kill them with ranged attacks while they are streaking. Streak can even be countered by sprinting ... which most stam builds are capable of doing for far longer than sorcs can streak.

And if cloak is not an escape tool, how come NBs tend to cloak after teleporting away? They are no longer taking any damage behind that rock or 2 stories above you.
    Edited by Galarthor on August 19, 2019 11:29AM
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if u play against to many NBs in BGs u dont play high tier.
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ozazz wrote: »
    Why is there a ramping increase cost "fatigue" mechanic on streak but not on cloak? At least you can still use ranged abilities on sorcs when they streak away, however, when a NB cloaks they are completely un-targetable. Does not make sense to me, people complain about how powerful cloak is all the time, and forces people to use expensive reveal potions in PvP. Why no add fatigue to cloak as it exists on roll dodge and streak currently.

this is literally toxic af
    you people stop at nothing to try to destroy classes!
    why is it people try to destroy the few traits classes have left in game that make them viable!
    oh i know people are jealous and want kills for nothing if they're on the opposition.

if to add fatique to nbs cloak it will not ruin the class.
    but it will require from player more skill to play effective.
    My main is magika nightblade.
    I really love it and... I want fatique to be added.

But with fixing counters to cloak.
    1. Detection potions - nightblade should see who used it, what radius his detection aura has, and undestand when it faded.
    Current detection potions mechanics is f***ing booolsheeet.
    2. Mark - two different states of visual effect, to understand visually when revealoing component stopped work.
    3. Visual effect for real borders of instant aoe abilities (and channeling or working overtime at user - Dagger cloak, Biting jabs, Hurricane) to get better visual information if it hit u or not. And when someone ruined cloak with aoe - u should get visual notification immediatly not as now when u can be out but "Eye" is still closed and animation of shadowy disquise is on...

In such case fatique is great thing I think, because forces everyone to use it with brain working instead of simple spam.
    Without fixing above described garbage - it can ruin class yes.

@ZOS_Gilliam please, take a look at this
    Edited by JusticeSouldier on August 19, 2019 5:41PM
    all classes. pc platform, dissapointed.
  • hesobad
    hesobad
    ✭✭✭✭
    NuarBlack wrote: »
    Streak for sorcs > is what dodgeroll is for nightblades.

Shields for sorcs> is what cloak is for nightblades.

Want to know why there's no cost fatigue on shields? Because it's an awful idea.

Same for cloak.

Cloak > shield. It's not even close. Damage is a hard counter to shield essentially by your logic plus oblivion damage. To where cloak supresses dot damage and makes you un targetable for the duration.

Can you do damage while in cloak?
    Can your damage shield be completely denied by a single ability or a potion?
    Do you get stunned and get extra damage when your shield gets negated by some ability?
    Can you use cloak to gain extra health for the next few seconds after you used LOS to stack your cloaks?
    Can you just learn how to play a game instead of calling for nerfs of anything that you find challenging?

You must main a NB. There are many issues with cloak. The theme seems to be for mitigation there is a fatigue, however for some reason shields do not apply to this rule as well as cloak. There is fatigue on roll dodge and streak. Cloak is a similar mechanic to these 2 except that it is better because it makes you completely untargettable. One huge issue is that you can still heal while invis, starting a vigor before cloak or with Troll King procs. Also cloak is not only a defensive mechanic for NBs but an offensive one also, this has been an issue for far too long and I know you NBs are against it. How about you learn to play with balanced mechanics rather than wanting everyone else to run detect pots because you refuse to adjust for cloak spam playstyle!!!!
    Ad Victoriam!
  • hesobad
    hesobad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Galarthor wrote: »

Want to know why there's no cost fatigue on shields? Because it's an awful idea.

Same for cloak.

That's not quite correct.

Cloak is like a combination of shield and streak to NBs. It offers both active mitigation and escape. And this is where the problem lies. The escape / invisibility component is in serious need of some form of limitation. However, foror magblades the mitigation component is too important that the skill could suffer from a fatigue mechanic.

100% False. Cloak has no mobility for escape. Zero. It mitigates damage. It does not remove the nightblade from the area of danger.

Immobilize a nightblade. They can cloak and/or shield to mitigate damage but they will still be stuck. Not escape.

Same for cloak.

With that logic why is there fatigue for roll dodge and streak than? If roll dodge and/or streak is a primary source of survivability, than why not remove the fatigue for everything? Now is the best time for them to add fatigue to cloak, the NB is again the best class for this new DoT meta because if you can't see your target, you can't DoT them....

Your logic:
    "If roll dodge and/or streak is a primary source of survivability, than why not remove the fatigue for everything?"

Not mine.

Your assertion:
    the NB is again the best class for this new DoT meta because if you can't see your target, you can't DoT them

Not mine.

If you think nb is the "best class" you have much to learn.

This thread is dead to me. So much misinformation being posted. Responding to it just gives it life.

You just don't want anyone to bring up this topic. Your only argument is that I am wrong and that you're right, however, you fail to raise any good points. I could sit here and pick you apart but as I said you fail to raise anything meaningful for discussion.

You're like my 2 year old cousin who only says "nah-uh" and "no"
    Ad Victoriam!
  • hesobad
    hesobad
    ✭✭✭✭
    NuarBlack wrote: »
    Funny thing is a cloak fatigue wouldn't hurt good NB really at all just like streak fatigue didn't do much to good sorcs. The only thing fatigue does is prevent abuse of a skill. So fighting a fatigue mechanic tells me you are either bad, or want to be able to abuse the skill rather than having to use it skillfully and decisively.

You're right! However, NBs don't want to adjust this spammy play style and use cloak sparingly. They went to be able to spam this button at first sight of danger. And they do because there is nothing stopping them from doing so. This 1 ability not only makes them un-targettable, but it gives them 100% crit chance and gives them major ward and major resolve through the Shadow Barrier passive. Talk about an overloaded ability!! Imagine if streak also did this! People would lose their minds
    Ad Victoriam!
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nothing can prevent you from dodging or streaking but a stun/silence.

they have no counters. there is even a cooldown called "CC immunity" on chains or any skill that grabs you back for both dodges and streak.

cloaks have counters, hard counters, and does not moves your char by itself (you can move while cloaked tho).

you asked why, this is why. the "fatigue" is here because of a mobility issue. nothing more, nothing less.
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    also, when you compare abilities or whatever. forget about passives.

ZoS already told that the passives are what make each standardised skill "unique". nothing is standardized around its passive. so definatly. forget about them.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Perma rollers aren't that bad either, considering they don't do much while they're rolling.

This is not true. Dodge is off the global cooldown. You can animation cancel anything with a dodge. So between every dodge, they could weave an ability.

But you can stop a dodge roller in the same way you stop a cloak spammer AoE. Even channels do dmg to them, not to mention DoTs

There are counters, the dodge roll increasing cost was done at the time everyone and their grand-mothers were using single target attacks
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or we all could just except the rogue class as all other rogue classes that came before it have easy access to stealth and invisiblity and are balanced around such leading to a playstyle people enjoy hence why they chose the class to begin with. Stealth always creates salt, limit it too much and it becomes not viable and when it's not viable due to how rogues are balance the class becomes not viable. Make a rogue class viable without the stealth playstyle and then it's not really a rogue archetype. I doubt these devs would nerf cloak much as it's been a staple of the nb since its conception, and besides knowing these devs soon all classes will have access to a cloak of their own lol
    There's also a large difference between something being annoying to fight against and being op, I'd say more than half the cloaks OP cries are due to more annoyance than anything.

Know body is taking away stealth from nightblade, we just want fatigue to prevent abuse. Nightblades are not squishy anymore and tyey have better healing passives to keep them alive. Only sqiishy nightblade are the ones that want to go full dmg necause they can spam cloak for engage and disengage of combat without drawbacks.

That is the drawback. The "squishy NBs" don't build for defense so they rely on Cloak as their sole source of unique mitigation. The NBs that do build for defense and healing use the healing morph of Cloak.

I understand it's frustrating for you to fight some NBs because they can make you feel downright dumb with their tactics. It seems you may need a new strategy.

As for fatigue, it's a terrible idea for Cloak as it's not even akin to Streak.

Streak is more similar to Shadow Image:
    -One is reactive, one is proactive
    -Both provide mobility

Cloak is more similar to Hardened Ward:
    -One hides, one absorbs
    -Both provide mitigation

If...if...if...there weren't as many counters to Cloak (you know, the things that break it) as there are already, some serious thought about fatigue might be in order. For now it's a joke.

If cloak similar to shields, then increase its cost atleast? Because you know, shields now require resistance, health cap, and had their cost increased, and duration reduced.

By all means, I do play mag spec in pvp beside healer and even when I do, I don't use shields. I mainly play stam spec in pvp.

Shield = 6 secs
    Cloak = 3 secs

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

XP9Bb06.png

x7Acbxm.png

OR

Your second question makes sense. Streak shouldn't have a cost increase but counters instead such as "you can't streank if you have receive dmg in the last second". Obviously it requires better shields and a much better dodge roll mechanic (without cost increase)

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭

I highly doubt you can make 5 consecutive streaks without depleting you magicka.

5 is ez bruh. May have to dark and potion but that's no biggie.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

5 is ez bruh. May have to dark and potion but that's no biggie.

After fight streaks you will be out of magicka, that is why you have to dark deal and maybe drink a potion.