Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Streak fatigue but no Cloak fatigue?

hesobad
hesobad
✭✭✭✭
Why is there a ramping increase cost "fatigue" mechanic on streak but not on cloak? At least you can still use ranged abilities on sorcs when they streak away, however, when a NB cloaks they are completely un-targetable. Does not make sense to me, people complain about how powerful cloak is all the time, and forces people to use expensive reveal potions in PvP. Why not add fatigue to cloak as it exists on roll dodge and streak currently?

Cloak fatigue would not hurt the NB in anyway except force them to not spam this ability in combat, they could still use the ability often without being able to always cast it. Look at sorc, they don't have issues streaking, however it does put a dent in their magicka if they spam it.

This 1 ability not only makes them un-targettable, but it gives them 100% crit chance and gives them major ward and major resolve through the Shadow Barrier passive, you can also still heal while invis. Talk about an overloaded ability!
Edited by hesobad on August 19, 2019 7:09PM
Ad Victoriam!
  • Austinseph1
    Austinseph1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you nerf the classic “I stream a NB and I’m cool” builds the streamers will quit 😂 maybe someday...
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Streak for sorcs > is what dodgeroll is for nightblades.

Shields for sorcs> is what cloak is for nightblades.

Want to know why there's no cost fatigue on shields? Because it's an awful idea.

Same for cloak.
    Edited by Royalthought on August 3, 2019 6:46PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are multiple hard counters to cloak and none for streak. That is why one had fatigue and the other does not.

The counters to cloak work very well. Yes, I do come across a skilled NB that uses more than just cloak and is able to escape me but I would expect a challenge from a skilled player.

Edit: I guess OP did not like the way their little poll on the subject started off so they created another thread on the subject. LOL
    Edited by idk on August 3, 2019 7:03PM
  • Vermethys
    Vermethys
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have no trouble revealing most NBs since I currently only play StamDK (Noxious Breath) and StamSorc (Huricane, Cleave, Streak). Though I imagine they might be annoying to fight on classes without such cheap AoEs.

If they do add a stacking cost to Cloak in the future, I think it shouldn't be as severe as Streak or Roll Dodge -- somewhere around a 10% increase per cast perhaps. But even still, if you have a single AoE on your bar, you can easily force an NB to fight you without cloaking (unless they know how to use Shade).
    Edited by Vermethys on August 3, 2019 7:20PM
    PC EU CP1400+
    In-game Username: Vermilion98

Characters & Builds
    Edith Geonette [DC Imperial Sorcerer] (AR28)
    Gorgo Aendovius [AD Imperial Dragonknight] (AR28)

My Builds:
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vermethys wrote: »
    I have no trouble revealing most NBs since I currently only play StamDK (Noxious Breath) and StamSorc (Huricane, Cleave, Streak). Though I imagine they might be annoying to fight on classes without such cheap AoEs.

If they do add a stacking cost to Cloak in the future, I think it shouldn't be as severe as Streak or Roll Dodge -- somewhere around a 10% increase per cast perhaps. But even still, if you have a single AoE on your bar, you can easily force an NB to fight you without cloaking (unless they know how to use Shade).

It cannot be anywhere near as severe as streak as that puts the player so far away from whoever is after them. I cannot recall the last time I streaked away and someone caught me. I tend to laugh at hit.

But then again, I enjoy how well counters to cloak work and do not understand why some are challenged with them. I like hunting the gankers.
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Didn't you just put a poll up in which your terrible suggestion already got shot down? If you're too bad at the game to even figure out cloak has counters then the problem isn't with cloak it's with you.
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭

Want to know why there's no cost fatigue on shields? Because it's an awful idea.

Same for cloak.

Cloak > shield. It's not even close. Damage is a hard counter to shield essentially by your logic plus oblivion damage. To where cloak supresses dot damage and makes you un targetable for the duration.

That being said I would be all for a shield fatigue nerf if shields were balanced around the concept. As spamming any defensive measure is just bad game design period. Regardless of what skill it is as it doesn't provide for counter play. There is no counter play if you counter what someone did properly only for them to be able to just spam it again with no penalty.

So the fatigue mechanic should be added to a lot more skills imo. Starting with shields, cloak and gap closers. Probably even CC so that can't be mindlessly spammed either.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Same for cloak.

this ^
    quoted for truth
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NuarBlack wrote: »

Same for cloak.

Cloak > shield. It's not even close. Damage is a hard counter to shield essentially by your logic plus oblivion damage. To where cloak supresses dot damage and makes you un targetable for the duration.

Can you do damage while in cloak?
    Can your damage shield be completely denied by a single ability or a potion?
    Do you get stunned and get extra damage when your shield gets negated by some ability?
    Can you use cloak to gain extra health for the next few seconds after you used LOS to stack your cloaks?
    Can you just learn how to play a game instead of calling for nerfs of anything that you find challenging?

• NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭

Same for cloak.

Do you get stunned and get extra damage when your shield gets negated by some ability?
    Can you use cloak to gain extra health for the next few seconds after you used LOS to stack your cloaks?
    Can you just learn how to play a game instead of calling for nerfs of anything that you find challenging?

Can you shield and be completely untargetable while vigor and other hots roll bring you back to full health?

Can you shield and cause players to not know which direction you are moving in?

Can you shield then escape to an unknown los where you can then go stealth permanently?

Can you shield and gain a guranteed critical strike on your next attack?

Can you shield and cause your spammable to stun and set your target off balance?

Can you stop crutching on over powered skills and learn to play the game when you are punished for making mistakes?
    Edited by NuarBlack on August 3, 2019 9:01PM
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Same for cloak.

Can you shield and be completely untargetable while vigor and other hots roll bring you back to full health?

Can you stop crutching on over powered skills and learn to play the game when you are punished for making mistakes?

Other than crit, yes. Invis potions allow you to do those things.
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭

Same for cloak.

Also you are not stunned when someone breaks you out of stealth so quit lying. Also most players don't slot detect pots so quit acting like detect pots are everywhere. Especially on console where hot keys and macros don't exist. So sloting detect pots gimps you against every other class.
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say introduce a cool down for cloak, or get rid of it for pvp. It's a terribly unbalanced skill even with all the counters

Infact it's probably more unbalanced in pve because those counters don't exist and huge amounts of content can be skipped.

F it. Just get rid of it all together and the nightblade unique skill can be shade
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭

Same for cloak.

On 45 sec base CD. So if you are suggesting putting shadowy disguise on a 45 sec CD you are pushing for a harder nerf than fatigue mechanic bud.
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Same for cloak.

On 45 sec base CD. So if you are suggesting putting shadowy disguise on a 45 sec CD you are pushing for a harder nerf than fatigue mechanic bud.

Point. head. over.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'll take fatigue any day when nothing pulls me out of Cloak.
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hesobad wrote: »
    Why is there a ramping increase cost "fatigue" mechanic on streak but not on cloak? At least you can still use ranged abilities on sorcs when they streak away, however, when a NB cloaks they are completely un-targetable. Does not make sense to me, people complain about how powerful cloak is all the time, and forces people to use expensive reveal potions in PvP. Why no add fatigue to cloak as it exists on roll dodge and streak currently.

Because sorcs have shield stacking and streak. plus there are no Pots i can use to nullify streak....
    Calboy wrote: »
    I say introduce a cool down for cloak, or get rid of it for pvp. It's a terribly unbalanced skill even with all the counters

Infact it's probably more unbalanced in pve because those counters don't exist and huge amounts of content can be skipped.

F it. Just get rid of it all together and the nightblade unique skill can be shade

Nah, it's just an l2p issue. Seriously, get on EP and go to the Sej/Alessia area, you'll get real good at fighting NB's real quick.
    Edited by Lucky28 on August 4, 2019 1:16AM
    Invictus
  • unclesheosnephew
    unclesheosnephew
    ✭✭✭
    If you have ever streaked in real life then you will know that stuff will get you winded in no time where as putting on a cloak is hardly an effort
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll take fatigue any day when nothing pulls me out of Cloak.

LOL. Those who choose not to figure out how to use counters properly would be even more frustrated if nothing pulled the NB out of cloak but there was some fatigue.

On my NB I could get on board with that as long as the distance I could travel while cloaked was equivalent to the distance I can travel on my sorc via streak. However on my other characters I would realize how gimped I was against NBs because I would just be helpless.

So yea, it is bad idea to exchange fatigue for the counters. Learn to use the counters is the best course of action.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You cannot prevent streak, dodge roll, or to a limited extent block (there are a few things left that force block to drop).

You can easily prevent cloak from working at all.

Cloak that could not be broken, prevented, and had fatigue would be much worse. I prefer the way it works now, because I can essentially shut a cloaking nightblade down with little hassle.

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they should remove the cost of both streak and invisibility
    defenses should not have high costs.
    i see nothing wrong with a sorc being allowed to streak as escape, just remove the stun and damage from it
    same with cloak, it should be used as defensive only.
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't nerf you.
    Don't nerf me.
    Nerf that cloaker behind that tree*.

*Because people refuse to slot workable counters and use them correctly.
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tell me how to easily prevent cloak without wasting a potion or skill slot just to counter one skill on one class, something that isn't needed to be done for any other class in the game.
    Edited by Calboy on August 4, 2019 4:09AM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tell me how to easily prevent cloak without wasting a potion or skill slot just to counter one skill on one class, something that isn't needed to be done for any other class in the game.

stand next to a cloaked person, it reveals them immediately.
    also:
    cast hurricane and get on your mount and ride around, they cant escape and are seen and pulled out of stealth immediately.
    also:
    cast area of effect abilities all around, it pulls us out of stealth
    also:
    cast light attack all around constantly it pulls our out of stealth.

the list goes on and on and on and on and on ......
    cloak and stealth cannot be maintained.

also try standing next to any guards, we cant maintain cloak near guards ...
  • killingspreeb16_ESO
    killingspreeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

But you don't?

Streak,curse,lightning form/hurricane for sorc.

Jabs,power of the light for templar.

Breath,spiked armor for dk.

Warden shalks,aoe ultimate or any aoe from weapon skill.

Just to say some of them that you use on every class and require no sacrifice.

The only class that have some problem with cloak is magnecro with class skill but that class have a lot more problem.

Outside of that guild skill,any aoe or detect pot work or a well timed ult like leap.

I mean fine give cloak a penalty like streak and make it counterable only by the guild skill and revealing flare,i bet you will come to the forum soon if they ever do that.
    Edited by killingspreeb16_ESO on August 4, 2019 4:43AM
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »

stand next to a cloaked person, it reveals them immediately.
    also:
    cast hurricane and get on your mount and ride around, they cant escape and are seen and pulled out of stealth immediately.
    also:
    cast area of effect abilities all around, it pulls us out of stealth
    also:
    cast light attack all around constantly it pulls our out of stealth.

the list goes on and on and on and on and on ......
    cloak and stealth cannot be maintained.

also try standing next to any guards, we cant maintain cloak near guards ...

Only one of these that is true is hurricane. And a not every class has hurricane that is restricted to stamsorc. The others may work against stealth but they do not work against shadowy disguise. Stand next to them? Really!? Not sure if you are a troll this is so ignorant.

Hurricane and detect pots are really the only good counters against a non potato NB that knows how to disengage and cloak properly. The guild skills mage light and camo hunter or whatever the range is so abysmal as to be only good against bad NBs. So one is restricted to class and the other options are only good against one specific skill and class. Sure you may get lucky with spamming AOE but not against a NB that knows what they are doing, let alone one that knows how to port to shade then cloak. But that's the point of adding a fatigue. If the NB is bad enough to get pulled out by a random AOE that should be punished. Not just be able to spam cloak again to keep playing cat and mouse till they finally get away. Messing up and getting countered should reward whoever landed the counter and punish whoever let themselves be countered.
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If cloak gets nerfed without a double nerf to Streak - as put it back to how it is in live from Scalebreaker, then nerf again - I quit

• Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Same for cloak.

Very much the opposite.
    • Shield is the damage avoidance/mitigation. Dodgeroll is the damage avoidance/mitigation
    • Streak is the escape/fight reset. Cloak is the escape/fight reset.
    Cloak should have fatigue just like Streak.
    Edited by Idinuse on August 4, 2019 9:50PM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Zevrro
    Zevrro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    they should remove the cost of both streak and invisibility
    defenses should not have high costs.
    i see nothing wrong with a sorc being allowed to streak as escape, just remove the stun and damage from it
    same with cloak, it should be used as defensive only.

Defenses should definitely have high costs otherwise nobody will die.
    @Zevrro PC-EU
    CP 1200+
    Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan
    Magicka Nightblade

AD | Zevrro
    | Magicka Nightblade | AR43 |
    AD | Zevrro II | Magicka Nightblade | AR50 | 09-02-2019 |
    DC | Not Zevrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR33 |
    EP | Ževrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR14 |
    Other PvP Characters
    AD | Zevrro VII | Stamina Warden | AR33 |
    AD | Zevrro XII | Magicka Warden | AR22 |