The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Templars PvP - Detailed Guide, Suggestions, Advice, etc. - Elsweyr

• Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaTaHgA wrote: »
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    Magplar: most of you still in light armour? Any changes due to the protective nerf?

I am in heavy and it works wonderful.

What combination of sets do you use? I always feel like I don't have enough damage in heavy

I've been using clever heavy and spinners jewelry/weapons when I use heavy lately.
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akinos wrote: »
    Magplar: most of you still in light armour? Any changes due to the protective nerf?

What combination of sets do you use? I always feel like I don't have enough damage in heavy

I've been using clever heavy and spinners jewelry/weapons when I use heavy lately.

This sounds more and more reasonable to me. Find with how things are real zergy, I'm picking my offense window based on when I have an immovability pot ready.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    technohic wrote: »
    Ran into a magplar that was trying to troll with eclipse self bubble and a tanky build. We started whaling on him and as he got low, hed spam that and HTD. I was with 2 people so I told them to not hit him when the bubble was up, but to just DOT and save ultis for when it went down or at least all at once burst. We got him after some trial and error. Was wondering if it was any the jokers here.

Most others I have seen was players that look like they were healbots and were using it as they were caught alone, and it did not work out nearly as well for them. Didn't even have to coordinate.

Im going to give it a try on a melee magplar just to open offensive windows.

i wish living dark would be returned to how it worked on launch and sun shield returned to 30% health and higher percentage dmg. That was more unique and had counterplay.

I agree. The most annoying thing right now is identifying what you're seeing. is it an NPC version on you or a player version? Is it a friendly one on your target, or did they cast it on themselves? Just really sloppy and over effective or over priced depending on application.

I agree. They keep touching it, but the best version was the reflect. And now that DK has our major healing/self healing boost, it makes sense we take back the single target reflect on eclipse that can be CC broke. And I am talking about the version that reflected ultimates too.

I don't know. After testing the self bubble with RAT, it makes for a decent escape maybe with some tweaks to be less "OP" which templar really lacks.
  • miteba
    miteba
    ✭✭✭✭
    My first impressions:

1. "In combat" bug is worse than ever ... and the lag aswell.

2. Still using light armor but the difference in Scalebreaker patch is noticeable

2.1. Tested some light sets, and a defensive set (weaponry & jewelry) is almost mandatory to be competitive against experienced players.
    (Died much more than usual but that means that a lot of good players are squishy too if they want to stay very offensive)

2.2. Heavy Axiom set should be a good offensive solution in case of changing to heavy armor

3. Against all forum odds, Sorcs remain very competitive (and i swear i never seen so many in cyro) but less god-mode against templars, which means some balance there.

4. We reached "Age of Onslaught", as preconized.
    I was "onslaughtered" more times than i wished, and didn't even remember bleeds until now.
    Im having some difficulty defending against it, even roll dodging. It seems they never miss, even with some distance (like 8 meters)

5. Dot's playstyle sucks (for me at least) so i played as before only adapting few things.

5.1. As i said some days ago, i wanted to test a Dot's playstyle, and i would have the bars with more dots, and less defensive/utility skills but, keeping with light armor, these defensive skills are more important than ever so... I'm using almost the same skill bar as before scalebreaker

6. Eclipse (sigh)
    Damn i hate it... Its cancerous to gameplay imo!
    I hate playing with it as i hate playing against it.
    Like said before, we sometimes dont see UC when they cast in us. In a big fight is difficult to understand who is using LD or who is being targeted with UC.
    It's not an OP skill but it doesnt feel "healthy" for pvp gameplay...

PS. Sry the long post.
    Edited by miteba on August 19, 2019 3:35AM
  • MaTaHgA
    MaTaHgA
    Soul Shriven

Wow, this is interesting build. What do you think about shacklebreaker/axiom instead of spinners? I play on breton, so I need the extra stamina, 12k is just too little.
  • MaTaHgA
    MaTaHgA
    Soul Shriven

Axiom and bright-throats boast.
    Its a very stat dense setup, so you can pull off lots of damage and healing thanks to the sets and heavy armor passives.

Thanks for build, I will try it today. Sounds very good.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've just started to enjoy the beauty of light armour but I've also noticed that DMG is higher in the live server. Have many of you moved to 5H?
  • Aces-High-82
    Aces-High-82
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it's great for Cyro

Wow, this is interesting build. What do you think about shacklebreaker/axiom instead of spinners? I play on breton, so I need the extra stamina, 12k is just too little.

You could use a Froststaff backbar. 12k stam for breaking free is plenty. For a magplar I found Amber Plasm better than Shackle if using a Froststaff.
    Edited by Aces-High-82 on August 19, 2019 9:32AM
  • MaTaHgA
    MaTaHgA
    Soul Shriven
    Yes it's great for Cyro

You could use a Froststaff backbar. 12k stam for breaking free is plenty. For a magplar I found Amber Plasm better than Shackle if using a Froststaff.

Yeah, amber plasm is good too. Forgot about it
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was having some sustain problems, since patch release (esp stam even though I ran trifood ) so I went with 5 heavy Shacklebreaker and pair with Cyrodil's light/BTB-should prob switch BTB to Spinners. Was thinking of Clever as well, but I happened to already have the Shacklebreaker. I just don't regen well in laggy conditions.
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Akinos whats your regen look like when you run heavy? The heavy armor talk got me looking to try out some builds that way again.

I have a Breton so that should help with sustain alot but I just wana know what someone real good gets away with for mag regen in heavy.
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hexquisite wrote: »
    I was having some sustain problems, since patch release (esp stam even though I ran trifood ) so I went with 5 heavy Shacklebreaker and pair with Cyrodil's light/BTB-should prob switch BTB to Spinners. Was thinking of Clever as well, but I happened to already have the Shacklebreaker. I just don't regen well in laggy conditions.

There's a pretty serious regen bug happening atm, I've gone dry in seconds in light armor with 2200 regen. It doesn't always happen but it has been more and more lately and I can't figure out whats causing it. I feel like i have to run minor mag steal now AND use atro. When last patch magicka steal and 1800ish regen was enough.
    @Akinos whats your regen look like when you run heavy? The heavy armor talk got me looking to try out some builds that way again.

I have a Breton so that should help with sustain alot but I just wana know what someone real good gets away with for mag regen in heavy.

Breton should be good with 1600 minimum+minor magicka steal. Non Bretons should shoot for 1800-2k+ for mag regen this update.
    Personally i've play with as low as 1600 on a dark elf but I did have some magicka issues sometimes. Now i won't even try running that low in heavy with this regen bug being more present.
    Edited by Akinos on August 19, 2019 8:49PM
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's a pretty serious regen bug happening atm, I've gone dry in seconds in light armor with 2200 regen. It doesn't always happen but it has been more and more lately and I can't figure out whats causing it. I feel like i have to run minor mag steal now AND use atro. When last patch magicka steal and 1800ish regen was enough.

Good to know that you also are experiencing this as we play the same campaign.(well actually bad to know lol) I run with someone who is running 2500 regen and they feel like its less than 1k or even non exisitent sometimes.

Edited by Hexquisite on August 19, 2019 8:56PM
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's really an unknown regen bug? Yaaay August 27th
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭

Breton should be good with 1600 minimum+minor magicka steal. Non Bretons should shoot for 1800-2k+ for mag regen this update.
    Personally i've play with as low as 1600 on a dark elf but I did have some magicka issues sometimes. Now i won't even try running that low in heavy with this regen bug being more present.

it happens when I fight enemies with siphoner/cost poisons. otherwise I can sustain not too bad.
    There is an AD kitty stamplar and everytime i fight him my bar hits 0 with no chance to come up for air. Makes me frustrated because I have ele drain and 2600 mag regen lol.
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you counting rune in the 1600 or a base of 16 plus rune and ele drain?
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you counting rune in the 1600 or a base of 16 plus rune and ele drain?

Base of 1600 not including ele or rune.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How are jabs btw
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    How are jabs btw

about as *** as you thought it was before they let us have the taste of freedom lol
  • Nirnroot420
    Nirnroot420
    ✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    How are jabs btw

Better than I remembered them being before the fix. With the Immobilize spam out there it can be pretty frustrating if you get caught on the wrong bar, though.But I haven't found any reason to switch away from jabs this patch at all.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not overly convinced heavy will be better than light, it's much easier to make a light armour build tanky with good sustain and damage than to do the same wearing heavy
  • Navras
    Navras
    ✭✭✭
    About regen there is something very wrong, I already reported it the last week but I thought it was because of some changes on the playstyle. Sometimes it is just fine, other times I go dry in 5-10 seconds like my regen is halved. gg Zos.

Light\Heavy armor topic. In no-cp I still play 5 heavy 2 L or 5-1-1. Damage is stupid high (and I really wish they will tune it down maybe a 10%/15%) and going light means using too much defensive sets\options and do much less damage than in heavy.

I still testing a lot but I'm using shacklebreaker, axiom, spinners, spell strategist (which is really undervalued imho), throat. I can sit on 2700 spell damage, topping to 3000, before any buff and depending on which set combo I'm using.
    The damage output is just more than fine to kill almost anyone in 3-5 seconds, then issue often is finding a good balanced of def and regen for own playstyle.
    Still talking about no-cp. I'm not willing to get back to Cyro with low fps, lag, crashes and all that *** that is happening so far.
    EU-PC
    cp 1500+
    Flawless Conqueror & Spirit Slayer

Main: Templar
    Alt: Stamblade, StamDK
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just think right or wrong , the passivs from wearing 5 light far outweigh the heavy passivs. I can stick on 1 chudan, 1 pirate and have same resists as heavy. Even if I stick on a second defensive set I'm still pretty sure it's more damage out put that heavy with a damage set on
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@EtTuBrutus : what builds are you using these days? I'm asking cause the most success Ive ever had on Magplar was with the build you suggested (Bright/Craft Alfiq)
    Edited by Rhaegar75 on August 20, 2019 4:25PM
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

EtTuBrutus: what builds are you using these days? I'm asking cause the most success Ive ever had on Magplar was with the build you suggested (Bright/Craft Alfiq)

Which monster set
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »

EtTuBrutus: what builds are you using these days? I'm asking cause the most success Ive ever had on Magplar was with the build you suggested (Bright/Craft Alfiq)

Which monster set

I swapped arounf Blood Sp. and Skoria if I felt more daring
  • miteba
    miteba
    ✭✭✭✭
    DPS wise, heavy builds are not optimal but they dont feel completely wrong aswell.
    Some synergize well with magplar, imo.

For instance Axiom or Kagrenac.
    Shacklebreaker is a nice hybrid solution. (Hybrid in a different context, like a mix of dps, stats & sustain). It is the jack of all trades, with its pros and cons.

I am using using Kagrenac Heavy and Impregnable (rings &weaponry), with 3 SD glyphs, ONLY when im solo and/or fighting against very bursty or OP enemies.
    If sustain is needed i change impregnable for Bright-Throats Boast, although this forces me to put another defensive skill to balance it. (So, more skills spamm but less offensive).

About Light Armor.
    1 - Fits better our offensive filosophy
    2 - Attack and pressure are the best defense, most of the times
    3 - Squishy mode can be tuned (better than "heavy armor" tuned for offensive)

Axiom and spinner, even with a more defensive like Mughty Chudan or a neutral one like Malubeth... Is a very squishy build! -> maybe in a group with some support, but didnt impressed me much.

I found the best balance, until now, with 5x light Axiom and Impregnable armor.
    I use monster Zaan for full offensive and sometimes swap it with Malubeth. Bloodspawn, for Crescent sweep spamm and tankiness, is nice too.
    I use my experience, LoS, range vs melee depending on enemy classes, to my advantage as a 2 or 3 defensive skills to keep the light armor.
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems like Axiom is getting a lot more attention at the moment, which is strange because the set just got a bit weaker for magplar. We now have very tempting non-class abilities in Entropy and Soul Trap in addition to Light Attack weaving so I dropped Innate Axiom this patch.
  • miteba
    miteba
    ✭✭✭✭
    We now have very tempting non-class abilities in Entropy and Soul Trap in addition to Light Attack weaving so I dropped Innate Axiom this patch.

Yeah i always used entropy just for the major sorcery, but now it heals too, so to maximize that specific healing, other set should work better.
    I dont slot Soul trap with Axiom, so no problem there.

What set do you use, instead of Axiom?
    If its outside of the box dont tell, or they nerf it next 😂 (i know its not original but it its reality nowdays)
    Edited by miteba on August 20, 2019 3:52PM
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @miteba I run Amberplasm and Buffer of the Swift (monster set is fluid). I get my spelldam from DElf, Apprentice stone and 3X infused spelldamage (3k spelldam unbuffed)

In terms of spelldamage sets, I would put Julianos as a flat upgrade over Axiom unless you’re really gunning for that max stam 3piece. It gives nearly identical spelldam to Axiom since it’s affected by major/minor sorcery (390 vs 400) and it improves light attacks and non-class abilities.