Maintenance for the week of August 19:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – August 19, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)

DO Sorcs even HAVE a class rep?

  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Reverb wrote: »
    Alcast wrote: »
    Random Guy: ALCAST is the Sorc rep!

    And because everything on the internet is true, this is now a fact. :trollface:

    I usually do not reply on the forum because no matter what you say, people will shout at you anyway. But for the sake of god, @marius_buys seems to be having a hard time to live with the changes ZOS made and before his mother is going to call me, I will try to explain.

    Yes we gave feedback to ZOS and if people would follow my social media, they would know I am not at all pleased how things stand with most classes in PvE (I usually give PvE feedback).

    We give FEEDBACK (and yes, like I mentioned I am not happy) and that is it, ZOS is allowed to ignore the feedback 100%. ZOS is in charge of the changes, not the reps.



    why should i join YOUR social media for information YOU as a rep should be putting here?
    but thanks for gracing us with your visit look forward to hearing from you in another 10mths or so

    Are you the authority on what class reps should do?

    nope just highlighting what they are not doing :)

    In the context of what you think they should be doing, which you’ve acknowledged isn’t an expectation you have authority to set.

    Zeni has made a pot of posts on the role of class reps. Including specifying that while they specialize in some areas, none of the, represent a specific class. Nowhere did zeni set the expectation that class reps interact with us in the forums (hell zeni hasn’t even set the expectation that their employees interact with the community on their forums, of course they don’t expect it from their volunteers). People are inventing class reps’ responsibilities hem getting upset that the reps aren’t meeting them, you included.

    SO A CLASS REPRESENTATIVE should, by your and ZOS explanation, NOT REPRESENT THEIR CLASS? Lol gtfu
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shievarei wrote: »
    Reverb wrote: »
    Alcast wrote: »
    Random Guy: ALCAST is the Sorc rep!

    And because everything on the internet is true, this is now a fact. :trollface:

    I usually do not reply on the forum because no matter what you say, people will shout at you anyway. But for the sake of god, @marius_buys seems to be having a hard time to live with the changes ZOS made and before his mother is going to call me, I will try to explain.

    Yes we gave feedback to ZOS and if people would follow my social media, they would know I am not at all pleased how things stand with most classes in PvE (I usually give PvE feedback).

    We give FEEDBACK (and yes, like I mentioned I am not happy) and that is it, ZOS is allowed to ignore the feedback 100%. ZOS is in charge of the changes, not the reps.



    why should i join YOUR social media for information YOU as a rep should be putting here?
    but thanks for gracing us with your visit look forward to hearing from you in another 10mths or so

    Are you the authority on what class reps should do?

    nope just highlighting what they are not doing :)

    You should tell him on his Discord. :D

    Is that the official forum? Nope

    We're actually having a lovely conversation over there right now, feel free to join!
    PC EU
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maotti wrote: »
    Shievarei wrote: »
    Reverb wrote: »
    Alcast wrote: »
    Random Guy: ALCAST is the Sorc rep!

    And because everything on the internet is true, this is now a fact. :trollface:

    I usually do not reply on the forum because no matter what you say, people will shout at you anyway. But for the sake of god, @marius_buys seems to be having a hard time to live with the changes ZOS made and before his mother is going to call me, I will try to explain.

    Yes we gave feedback to ZOS and if people would follow my social media, they would know I am not at all pleased how things stand with most classes in PvE (I usually give PvE feedback).

    We give FEEDBACK (and yes, like I mentioned I am not happy) and that is it, ZOS is allowed to ignore the feedback 100%. ZOS is in charge of the changes, not the reps.



    why should i join YOUR social media for information YOU as a rep should be putting here?
    but thanks for gracing us with your visit look forward to hearing from you in another 10mths or so

    Are you the authority on what class reps should do?

    nope just highlighting what they are not doing :)

    You should tell him on his Discord. :D

    Is that the official forum? Nope

    We're actually having a lovely conversation over there right now, feel free to join!

    Yes, it is after all the reason why this forum exists in the first palce.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Masel wrote: »
    SFDB wrote: »
    Kadoin wrote: »
    @Alcast where has our clas rep been?

    He only comes on the forums to have a good laugh. No one can take most of the forums seriously when it comes to balance or solutions because players always have hidden agendas.

    he is a class rep he may find it funny behind his twitch stream and yuotube fame some of us actually believed the BS about class reps and the fact they spoke for us HE has proven that its ALL a SHAM

    They do relay your feedback, but that doesn't make them your personal megaphone. If you thought the entire point of the class rep program was to pass leadership for game development over to the forums, I want you to look at @Knowledge's threads very closely, and see if you can grasp why that would be a catastrophically bad idea.

    thats not my point, the point is NOBODY from the class rep team has posted on the Sorc thread since Nov 2018 how the F is that in anyway being in "touch" with the community they are ment to represent???????????????

    Maybe it has something to do with the fact that every time a class rep popped up on the boards and asked for feedback, it turned into twenty different tantrums all competing with each other to see who can cry the loudest.

    you joking right? so no class rep convo for sorcs since before NOV 2018+ his justified by that comment?? you dreaming dude and so is everyone that follows blindly behind this guy, he cares more about is youtube channel than he does about this forum or the ppl in it so long as ZOS think he is cool and he tows the party line all good huh? bleet bleet little sheep..........jog on

    edited for spelling

    Dude, I've been behind you this entire fiasco, and I'm unhappy enough that I canceled and let ZoS know my displeasure, but this isn't cool man. Even if Alcast were somehow to blame (and I don't see that he is anything but unhappy with what's happened) this doesn't help us convince people we're right, it convinces them we're unreasonable. I want change as much as you do, but this isn't the way to get it.

    not blaming Alcast, personally was told earlier in this thread he was our class rep, i just want to know why we have had no interaction from ANY class rep for almost a year, i just want someone to answer that simple question

    You know, we cannot answer all threads on these forums. It is enough work to read it, and we all have a life that is not tied to eso.

    You volunteered for this as class rep, did you think it was a nebulous honorary position that involved a couple of meetings with ZOS and a thumbsuck 2 liner about the two "pain" points once a month?

    You are representing hundreds of thousands of players from the character class you're supposed to represent. This involves a structured and exhaustive communication process with players to accurately determine those very pain points and their solutions, not a quick forum read to get something down before the class rep meeting. Just because you do a do a job for free does not give you the right to do it without due dilligence.

    Wether ZOS acts on your input or not at least YOU must be sure that you did your absolute best before a fiasco like Update 23 can you HONESTLY say that nothing more could have been done to liase with your community pre-update?

    Have to disagree with you on that. As said, they are doing this stuff for free and they realized, that some of them did too much work for pretty much zero effect. Why should they spend hours on a daily base, if they talk a few hours with the devs each month? In the end, maybe the devs did not even ask for that feedback they gathered. Also they gathered so much feedback during the last year and so much stuff and pain points are still unresolved. So why should they spend hours to collect same feedback again?

    Then, if they can't affect anything, can't do anything, can't do something that players actually feel is for real... just end this farce.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys stop criticising the people, who do free work for this game. They all have their own way to do it and some get their feedback from much more reliable sources than then forum.

    Alcast as the role model of end game raiding surely does not need the feedback regarding PvE from the forum, when he is in contact with the best of the best raiders of the game. Same goes for people representing the classes in PvP, they have their „endgame“ guilds ready for feedback. They got much more valuable feedback from guilds like legend NA and EU or Aether than from the forum, where even nobodies and people with almost no knowledge can write.

    They all got much more valuable resources ready then the few „official“ threads here on the forum. Dont worry, they will do the job theor own way and with the amount of effort they see fit. And this is probably the best for the program.

    this is what is wrong with the whole thing well done for that insight so the voice of the few at the top end 1% determine how the "nobodies and people with almost no knowledge" that make up 99% of the paying player base get to play the game!
    thanks for clearing that up
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    Masel wrote: »
    SFDB wrote: »
    Kadoin wrote: »
    @Alcast where has our clas rep been?

    He only comes on the forums to have a good laugh. No one can take most of the forums seriously when it comes to balance or solutions because players always have hidden agendas.

    he is a class rep he may find it funny behind his twitch stream and yuotube fame some of us actually believed the BS about class reps and the fact they spoke for us HE has proven that its ALL a SHAM

    They do relay your feedback, but that doesn't make them your personal megaphone. If you thought the entire point of the class rep program was to pass leadership for game development over to the forums, I want you to look at @Knowledge's threads very closely, and see if you can grasp why that would be a catastrophically bad idea.

    thats not my point, the point is NOBODY from the class rep team has posted on the Sorc thread since Nov 2018 how the F is that in anyway being in "touch" with the community they are ment to represent???????????????

    Maybe it has something to do with the fact that every time a class rep popped up on the boards and asked for feedback, it turned into twenty different tantrums all competing with each other to see who can cry the loudest.

    you joking right? so no class rep convo for sorcs since before NOV 2018+ his justified by that comment?? you dreaming dude and so is everyone that follows blindly behind this guy, he cares more about is youtube channel than he does about this forum or the ppl in it so long as ZOS think he is cool and he tows the party line all good huh? bleet bleet little sheep..........jog on

    edited for spelling

    Dude, I've been behind you this entire fiasco, and I'm unhappy enough that I canceled and let ZoS know my displeasure, but this isn't cool man. Even if Alcast were somehow to blame (and I don't see that he is anything but unhappy with what's happened) this doesn't help us convince people we're right, it convinces them we're unreasonable. I want change as much as you do, but this isn't the way to get it.

    not blaming Alcast, personally was told earlier in this thread he was our class rep, i just want to know why we have had no interaction from ANY class rep for almost a year, i just want someone to answer that simple question

    You know, we cannot answer all threads on these forums. It is enough work to read it, and we all have a life that is not tied to eso.

    You volunteered for this as class rep, did you think it was a nebulous honorary position that involved a couple of meetings with ZOS and a thumbsuck 2 liner about the two "pain" points once a month?

    You are representing hundreds of thousands of players from the character class you're supposed to represent. This involves a structured and exhaustive communication process with players to accurately determine those very pain points and their solutions, not a quick forum read to get something down before the class rep meeting. Just because you do a do a job for free does not give you the right to do it without due dilligence.

    Wether ZOS acts on your input or not at least YOU must be sure that you did your absolute best before a fiasco like Update 23 can you HONESTLY say that nothing more could have been done to liase with your community pre-update?

    Have to disagree with you on that. As said, they are doing this stuff for free and they realized, that some of them did too much work for pretty much zero effect. Why should they spend hours on a daily base, if they talk a few hours with the devs each month? In the end, maybe the devs did not even ask for that feedback they gathered. Also they gathered so much feedback during the last year and so much stuff and pain points are still unresolved. So why should they spend hours to collect same feedback again?

    Then, if they can't affect anything, can't do anything, can't do something that players actually feel is for real... just end this farce.

    YES, ZOS EITHER LISTEN TO THEM OR STOP THE CHARADE!
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    Masel wrote: »
    SFDB wrote: »
    Kadoin wrote: »
    @Alcast where has our clas rep been?

    He only comes on the forums to have a good laugh. No one can take most of the forums seriously when it comes to balance or solutions because players always have hidden agendas.

    he is a class rep he may find it funny behind his twitch stream and yuotube fame some of us actually believed the BS about class reps and the fact they spoke for us HE has proven that its ALL a SHAM

    They do relay your feedback, but that doesn't make them your personal megaphone. If you thought the entire point of the class rep program was to pass leadership for game development over to the forums, I want you to look at @Knowledge's threads very closely, and see if you can grasp why that would be a catastrophically bad idea.

    thats not my point, the point is NOBODY from the class rep team has posted on the Sorc thread since Nov 2018 how the F is that in anyway being in "touch" with the community they are ment to represent???????????????

    Maybe it has something to do with the fact that every time a class rep popped up on the boards and asked for feedback, it turned into twenty different tantrums all competing with each other to see who can cry the loudest.

    you joking right? so no class rep convo for sorcs since before NOV 2018+ his justified by that comment?? you dreaming dude and so is everyone that follows blindly behind this guy, he cares more about is youtube channel than he does about this forum or the ppl in it so long as ZOS think he is cool and he tows the party line all good huh? bleet bleet little sheep..........jog on

    edited for spelling

    Dude, I've been behind you this entire fiasco, and I'm unhappy enough that I canceled and let ZoS know my displeasure, but this isn't cool man. Even if Alcast were somehow to blame (and I don't see that he is anything but unhappy with what's happened) this doesn't help us convince people we're right, it convinces them we're unreasonable. I want change as much as you do, but this isn't the way to get it.

    not blaming Alcast, personally was told earlier in this thread he was our class rep, i just want to know why we have had no interaction from ANY class rep for almost a year, i just want someone to answer that simple question

    You know, we cannot answer all threads on these forums. It is enough work to read it, and we all have a life that is not tied to eso.

    You volunteered for this as class rep, did you think it was a nebulous honorary position that involved a couple of meetings with ZOS and a thumbsuck 2 liner about the two "pain" points once a month?

    You are representing hundreds of thousands of players from the character class you're supposed to represent. This involves a structured and exhaustive communication process with players to accurately determine those very pain points and their solutions, not a quick forum read to get something down before the class rep meeting. Just because you do a do a job for free does not give you the right to do it without due dilligence.

    Wether ZOS acts on your input or not at least YOU must be sure that you did your absolute best before a fiasco like Update 23 can you HONESTLY say that nothing more could have been done to liase with your community pre-update?

    Have to disagree with you on that. As said, they are doing this stuff for free and they realized, that some of them did too much work for pretty much zero effect. Why should they spend hours on a daily base, if they talk a few hours with the devs each month? In the end, maybe the devs did not even ask for that feedback they gathered. Also they gathered so much feedback during the last year and so much stuff and pain points are still unresolved. So why should they spend hours to collect same feedback again?

    Then, if they can't affect anything, can't do anything, can't do something that players actually feel is for real... just end this farce.

    they dont mind getting flown out to the states care of ZOS found the time for that didnt they
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least, classes have class reps. That's a [snip] of uselessness, to shift the blam away from ZOS when [snip] hits the fan, but they exist.

    There is no such thing as race rep, so when Bosmers got butchered and their stealth stolen away, no one cared.

    Well... I'm sorry, but seing how everyone is crying left, right and center for what they call nerfs in the first patch I find somewhat decent in over a year seriously ramps my schadenfreude up. Even though my sorcererS are somewhat impacted, it's not a game killer.

    So, y'all got the point on why brutal, against-the-community's-will, character-breaking changes are bad ? Good. Maybe next time someone menytions that stealth was an integral part of Bosmer identity we won't have a dozen jerks bragging about how they are soooo happy PvP snipe builds are dead, which had nothing to do with the question and is also entirely false.

    [edited for circumventing profanity filter]
    Edited by ZOS_RogerJ on August 14, 2019 6:21PM
    max_only wrote: »
    Bosmers sneaking past all the dangers in the woods. Come upon a cultist doing a ritual? Sneak past. Come upon a brigand ambush? Sneak past. Come upon a mighty beast? Sneak past. The feeling of “yesssss” when you can squeeze by in tight spaces unnoticed. Sometimes I’m able to take what I need from right under their noses.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    Masel wrote: »
    SFDB wrote: »
    Kadoin wrote: »
    @Alcast where has our clas rep been?

    He only comes on the forums to have a good laugh. No one can take most of the forums seriously when it comes to balance or solutions because players always have hidden agendas.

    he is a class rep he may find it funny behind his twitch stream and yuotube fame some of us actually believed the BS about class reps and the fact they spoke for us HE has proven that its ALL a SHAM

    They do relay your feedback, but that doesn't make them your personal megaphone. If you thought the entire point of the class rep program was to pass leadership for game development over to the forums, I want you to look at @Knowledge's threads very closely, and see if you can grasp why that would be a catastrophically bad idea.

    thats not my point, the point is NOBODY from the class rep team has posted on the Sorc thread since Nov 2018 how the F is that in anyway being in "touch" with the community they are ment to represent???????????????

    Maybe it has something to do with the fact that every time a class rep popped up on the boards and asked for feedback, it turned into twenty different tantrums all competing with each other to see who can cry the loudest.

    you joking right? so no class rep convo for sorcs since before NOV 2018+ his justified by that comment?? you dreaming dude and so is everyone that follows blindly behind this guy, he cares more about is youtube channel than he does about this forum or the ppl in it so long as ZOS think he is cool and he tows the party line all good huh? bleet bleet little sheep..........jog on

    edited for spelling

    Dude, I've been behind you this entire fiasco, and I'm unhappy enough that I canceled and let ZoS know my displeasure, but this isn't cool man. Even if Alcast were somehow to blame (and I don't see that he is anything but unhappy with what's happened) this doesn't help us convince people we're right, it convinces them we're unreasonable. I want change as much as you do, but this isn't the way to get it.

    not blaming Alcast, personally was told earlier in this thread he was our class rep, i just want to know why we have had no interaction from ANY class rep for almost a year, i just want someone to answer that simple question

    You know, we cannot answer all threads on these forums. It is enough work to read it, and we all have a life that is not tied to eso.

    You volunteered for this as class rep, did you think it was a nebulous honorary position that involved a couple of meetings with ZOS and a thumbsuck 2 liner about the two "pain" points once a month?

    You are representing hundreds of thousands of players from the character class you're supposed to represent. This involves a structured and exhaustive communication process with players to accurately determine those very pain points and their solutions, not a quick forum read to get something down before the class rep meeting. Just because you do a do a job for free does not give you the right to do it without due dilligence.

    Wether ZOS acts on your input or not at least YOU must be sure that you did your absolute best before a fiasco like Update 23 can you HONESTLY say that nothing more could have been done to liase with your community pre-update?

    Have to disagree with you on that. As said, they are doing this stuff for free and they realized, that some of them did too much work for pretty much zero effect. Why should they spend hours on a daily base, if they talk a few hours with the devs each month? In the end, maybe the devs did not even ask for that feedback they gathered. Also they gathered so much feedback during the last year and so much stuff and pain points are still unresolved. So why should they spend hours to collect same feedback again?

    Then, if they can't affect anything, can't do anything, can't do something that players actually feel is for real... just end this farce.

    they dont mind getting flown out to the states care of ZOS found the time for that didnt they

    I don't care, they can shower them with gifts, pay them a stipend, a salary, a bonus BUT for goodness sake LISTEN to the BLOODY REPS.
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭
    So you acknowledge that if the class reps don't get listened to by ZOS, then they should end the farce and get rid of the program since ZOS is doing whatever they want. But if they didn't have class reps, which they didn't some time ago actually, then they'd do whatever they wanted...just like before and like they would after the abolishment of the class rep program.

    So...why are you blaming and attacking class reps? Focus that unreasonable hatred towards ZOS maybe? It can't be that hard to understand. It just can't.
  • Cheezits94
    Cheezits94
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get that you guys want the Class Reps to openly post on the forums about what they are doing, what they are talking about with ZOS, but..
    ZOS made the Reps sign an NDA agreement, so they can freely discuss upcoming content and changes with them without having to worry. The Reps cannot speak about the Rep Programme and what they are doing there.
    So what the Reps would be able to post here is "Personally I don't like X. I provided feedback." And that's about it. And that's basically what Alcast did in his videos and in his post in this very topic.

    The last rep who posted upcoming, unreleased patchnotes on a discord got "introduced to ZOS' friends in the legal department", so that's something I wouldn't risk.
    If you can't even spell sets, locations and items, you probably have no clue what you even are talking about.

    Tamriel, not Tamerial, Temerial or Tamériál
    Alkosh, not Alkoash
    Dolmen, not Dolman
    Olorime, not Oloramie
    Sorcerer, not Sorceror
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    I usually read both the forums and discord. I generally find that the people on Discord generally are more interested in having a dialogue and providing feedback, rather than just come to complain about their class (see: this thread). Either way, I collect feedback by talking/lurking and then provide it. What comes of it isn't my job, as several other reps have answered here.

    Also, I welcomed anyone to PM me either here or on Discord (PM me for Disc ID) to provide me their thoughts and feedback on any content, so I could then discuss and provide to the devs. Haven't been reached out to except a few individuals so far, but that's fine as I (and the other reps) have been collecting feedback more naturally here and elsewhere.
    Nefas wrote: »
    All the money spent on Mages Guild skill-lines comes to me why would I raise an objection? :wink: /s

    Here is the updated list of class reps found under the Combat sub forum @Alienoutlaw

    Alcast
    Masel
    GandTheImpaler
    Quantum
    FearTurbo
    RebornZombie
    Glorious
    Cab_Life
    Glorious

    Oh I got listed TWICE :open_mouth:
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

    @Glorious since I have too many characters to list

    Ádamant

    Strongly against Faction Lock
  • TheInfernalRage
    TheInfernalRage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot for the life of me understand the nerfs to magsorc other than a move to move major sorcery, the magsorcs's main class buff, to the mages guild skill tree so players would want to buy it?

    I mean who is our class rep and did he/she just let this uber nerf. slide?
    Did he/she not raise an objection even once???

    Now, this is stupid. Class representatives are not game developers. They exist merely to give a semblance of class-based dialogue to actual players. If you cannot get that in your head, then I'm not sure if you can even create your own build in this game.

    Can anyone managing the forum close this buffoonery? It's hard to have a meaningful conversation to an object.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glory wrote: »
    I usually read both the forums and discord. I generally find that the people on Discord generally are more interested in having a dialogue and providing feedback, rather than just come to complain about their class (see: this thread). Either way, I collect feedback by talking/lurking and then provide it. What comes of it isn't my job, as several other reps have answered here.

    Also, I welcomed anyone to PM me either here or on Discord (PM me for Disc ID) to provide me their thoughts and feedback on any content, so I could then discuss and provide to the devs. Haven't been reached out to except a few individuals so far, but that's fine as I (and the other reps) have been collecting feedback more naturally here and elsewhere.
    Nefas wrote: »
    All the money spent on Mages Guild skill-lines comes to me why would I raise an objection? :wink: /s

    Here is the updated list of class reps found under the Combat sub forum @Alienoutlaw

    Alcast
    Masel
    GandTheImpaler
    Quantum
    FearTurbo
    RebornZombie
    Glorious
    Cab_Life
    Glorious

    Oh I got listed TWICE :open_mouth:

    Because your'e "Glorious" :)
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭
    Cheezits94 wrote: »
    I get that you guys want the Class Reps to openly post on the forums about what they are doing, what they are talking about with ZOS, but..
    ZOS made the Reps sign an NDA agreement, so they can freely discuss upcoming content and changes with them without having to worry. The Reps cannot speak about the Rep Programme and what they are doing there.
    So what the Reps would be able to post here is "Personally I don't like X. I provided feedback." And that's about it. And that's basically what Alcast did in his videos and in his post in this very topic.

    The last rep who posted upcoming, unreleased patchnotes on a discord got "introduced to ZOS' friends in the legal department", so that's something I wouldn't risk.

    In other words the representatives would probably be much more active on the ESO forum and share their own opinions of the game without this shady program.
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    Glory wrote: »
    I usually read both the forums and discord. I generally find that the people on Discord generally are more interested in having a dialogue and providing feedback, rather than just come to complain about their class (see: this thread). Either way, I collect feedback by talking/lurking and then provide it. What comes of it isn't my job, as several other reps have answered here.

    Also, I welcomed anyone to PM me either here or on Discord (PM me for Disc ID) to provide me their thoughts and feedback on any content, so I could then discuss and provide to the devs. Haven't been reached out to except a few individuals so far, but that's fine as I (and the other reps) have been collecting feedback more naturally here and elsewhere.
    Nefas wrote: »
    All the money spent on Mages Guild skill-lines comes to me why would I raise an objection? :wink: /s

    Here is the updated list of class reps found under the Combat sub forum @Alienoutlaw

    Alcast
    Masel
    GandTheImpaler
    Quantum
    FearTurbo
    RebornZombie
    Glorious
    Cab_Life
    Glorious

    Oh I got listed TWICE :open_mouth:

    Because your'e "Glorious" :)

    Ayyyy
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

    @Glorious since I have too many characters to list

    Ádamant

    Strongly against Faction Lock
  • Cheezits94
    Cheezits94
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cheezits94 wrote: »
    I get that you guys want the Class Reps to openly post on the forums about what they are doing, what they are talking about with ZOS, but..
    ZOS made the Reps sign an NDA agreement, so they can freely discuss upcoming content and changes with them without having to worry. The Reps cannot speak about the Rep Programme and what they are doing there.
    So what the Reps would be able to post here is "Personally I don't like X. I provided feedback." And that's about it. And that's basically what Alcast did in his videos and in his post in this very topic.

    The last rep who posted upcoming, unreleased patchnotes on a discord got "introduced to ZOS' friends in the legal department", so that's something I wouldn't risk.

    In other words the representatives would probably be much more active on the ESO forum and share their own opinions of the game without this shady program.

    Probably - but without knowing anything about upcoming plans and changes, just guessing in the dark like the rest of us. :)
    If you can't even spell sets, locations and items, you probably have no clue what you even are talking about.

    Tamriel, not Tamerial, Temerial or Tamériál
    Alkosh, not Alkoash
    Dolmen, not Dolman
    Olorime, not Oloramie
    Sorcerer, not Sorceror
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheezits94 wrote: »
    Cheezits94 wrote: »
    I get that you guys want the Class Reps to openly post on the forums about what they are doing, what they are talking about with ZOS, but..
    ZOS made the Reps sign an NDA agreement, so they can freely discuss upcoming content and changes with them without having to worry. The Reps cannot speak about the Rep Programme and what they are doing there.
    So what the Reps would be able to post here is "Personally I don't like X. I provided feedback." And that's about it. And that's basically what Alcast did in his videos and in his post in this very topic.

    The last rep who posted upcoming, unreleased patchnotes on a discord got "introduced to ZOS' friends in the legal department", so that's something I wouldn't risk.

    In other words the representatives would probably be much more active on the ESO forum and share their own opinions of the game without this shady program.

    Probably - but without knowing anything about upcoming plans and changes, just guessing in the dark like the rest of us. :)

    Sigh, corporate types really get in the way of proper development.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    Masel wrote: »
    SFDB wrote: »
    Kadoin wrote: »
    @Alcast where has our clas rep been?

    He only comes on the forums to have a good laugh. No one can take most of the forums seriously when it comes to balance or solutions because players always have hidden agendas.

    he is a class rep he may find it funny behind his twitch stream and yuotube fame some of us actually believed the BS about class reps and the fact they spoke for us HE has proven that its ALL a SHAM

    They do relay your feedback, but that doesn't make them your personal megaphone. If you thought the entire point of the class rep program was to pass leadership for game development over to the forums, I want you to look at @Knowledge's threads very closely, and see if you can grasp why that would be a catastrophically bad idea.

    thats not my point, the point is NOBODY from the class rep team has posted on the Sorc thread since Nov 2018 how the F is that in anyway being in "touch" with the community they are ment to represent???????????????

    Maybe it has something to do with the fact that every time a class rep popped up on the boards and asked for feedback, it turned into twenty different tantrums all competing with each other to see who can cry the loudest.

    you joking right? so no class rep convo for sorcs since before NOV 2018+ his justified by that comment?? you dreaming dude and so is everyone that follows blindly behind this guy, he cares more about is youtube channel than he does about this forum or the ppl in it so long as ZOS think he is cool and he tows the party line all good huh? bleet bleet little sheep..........jog on

    edited for spelling

    Dude, I've been behind you this entire fiasco, and I'm unhappy enough that I canceled and let ZoS know my displeasure, but this isn't cool man. Even if Alcast were somehow to blame (and I don't see that he is anything but unhappy with what's happened) this doesn't help us convince people we're right, it convinces them we're unreasonable. I want change as much as you do, but this isn't the way to get it.

    not blaming Alcast, personally was told earlier in this thread he was our class rep, i just want to know why we have had no interaction from ANY class rep for almost a year, i just want someone to answer that simple question

    You know, we cannot answer all threads on these forums. It is enough work to read it, and we all have a life that is not tied to eso.

    You volunteered for this as class rep, did you think it was a nebulous honorary position that involved a couple of meetings with ZOS and a thumbsuck 2 liner about the two "pain" points once a month?

    You are representing hundreds of thousands of players from the character class you're supposed to represent. This involves a structured and exhaustive communication process with players to accurately determine those very pain points and their solutions, not a quick forum read to get something down before the class rep meeting. Just because you do a do a job for free does not give you the right to do it without due dilligence.

    Wether ZOS acts on your input or not at least YOU must be sure that you did your absolute best before a fiasco like Update 23 can you HONESTLY say that nothing more could have been done to liase with your community pre-update?

    Have to disagree with you on that. As said, they are doing this stuff for free and they realized, that some of them did too much work for pretty much zero effect. Why should they spend hours on a daily base, if they talk a few hours with the devs each month? In the end, maybe the devs did not even ask for that feedback they gathered. Also they gathered so much feedback during the last year and so much stuff and pain points are still unresolved. So why should they spend hours to collect same feedback again?

    Then, if they can't affect anything, can't do anything, can't do something that players actually feel is for real... just end this farce.

    YES, ZOS EITHER LISTEN TO THEM OR STOP THE CHARADE!

    We had an impact on changes sometimes, sometimes we didnt. We prevented some bad things, some they implemented regardless. After all, you dont know how stuff would look like if we hadnt gathered there. You dont know how much we talk to the devs, you dont know what we do when we arent pleased with the changes they present to us before they get implemented. You dont know anything, and since you cannot know anything, how about you stop shouting nonsense in here in all caps, do you really think that's the way to change anything?
    PC EU - CP 1200+ All trials + HM

    Intis Ravelen - Stamina Nightblade - Redguard - DD - Flawless Conqueror
    Annisca Micus - Magicka Sorcerer - High Elf - DD - Flawless Conqueror & Voice of Reason
    Shéogórath - Stamina Dragonknight - Imperial - DD - Flawless Conqueror
    Pilar Joranil - Magicka Dragonknight - High Elf - DD - Flawless Conqueror -
    Adeline Du Mont - Magicka Templar - High Elf - Healer & DD - Flawless Conqueror & Voice of Reason + Bringer of Light
    Olivia Thaloran - Magicka Nightblade - Dunmer - DD - Flawless Conqueror & Dro'mathra Destroyer & Voice of Reason
    Pu'jarr Ticklebeard - Stamina Sorcerer - Khajiit - DD - Flawless Conqueror
    Treehugger Joe - Magicka Warden - High Elf - DD - Flawless Conqueror
    Stuga Beluga - Stamina Templar - Orc - DD - Flawless Conqueror & Dro'mathra Destroyer
    Anna Terra - Stamina Warden - Redguard - DD - Flawless Conqueror
    Wamasel - Dragonknight - Argonian - Tank - Flawless Conqueror + Bringer of Light
    Nord Warden - Warden - Nord - Tank - Flawless Conqueror

    Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭
    Cheezits94 wrote: »
    Probably - but without knowing anything about upcoming plans and changes, just guessing in the dark like the rest of us. :)

    Basically this program doesn't matter at all for the community, some players get information before most of the players and can start thinking about their new setups sooner. Personally I don't have any problem with this, but I'm just trying to see the benefit for the game and players here. As usual when nothing meaningful can be really discussed, then many start creating their own assumptions and expectations of course and most are confused again, this same pattern repeats with many other topics quite often.

  • RebornRequiem
    RebornRequiem
    ✭✭
    Guys stop criticising the people, who do free work for this game. They all have their own way to do it and some get their feedback from much more reliable sources than then forum.

    Alcast as the role model of end game raiding surely does not need the feedback regarding PvE from the forum, when he is in contact with the best of the best raiders of the game. Same goes for people representing the classes in PvP, they have their „endgame“ guilds ready for feedback. They got much more valuable feedback from guilds like legend NA and EU or Aether than from the forum, where even nobodies and people with almost no knowledge can write.

    They all got much more valuable resources ready then the few „official“ threads here on the forum. Dont worry, they will do the job theor own way and with the amount of effort they see fit. And this is probably the best for the program.

    this is what is wrong with the whole thing well done for that insight so the voice of the few at the top end 1% determine how the "nobodies and people with almost no knowledge" that make up 99% of the paying player base get to play the game!
    thanks for clearing that up

    Sry your statement is completely wrong. The 1% on top doesnt decide how the others 99% have to play. They discuss about how classes perform in the top 1%, so how classes perform within their full potential. I think it is reasonable to balance around a class‘ full potential instead of the potential a new player get from the class.

    Basically the 1% on top talks with the devs about the meta. The other 99% can play as they want, as ZOS said. They may be affected by the changes, but only to a small margin, since they dont get the full potential of the class anyway.

    But hey, I guess we need to listen to players, who managed to level two chars to level 10 and the compare them to each other.

    „I tried stamsorc and magplar up to level 10 and could not do normal quests on the sorc, meanwhile on magplar there were no issues up to the point trying to solo a dolmen or worldboss.“

  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Masel wrote: »
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    Masel wrote: »
    SFDB wrote: »
    Kadoin wrote: »
    @Alcast where has our clas rep been?

    He only comes on the forums to have a good laugh. No one can take most of the forums seriously when it comes to balance or solutions because players always have hidden agendas.

    he is a class rep he may find it funny behind his twitch stream and yuotube fame some of us actually believed the BS about class reps and the fact they spoke for us HE has proven that its ALL a SHAM

    They do relay your feedback, but that doesn't make them your personal megaphone. If you thought the entire point of the class rep program was to pass leadership for game development over to the forums, I want you to look at @Knowledge's threads very closely, and see if you can grasp why that would be a catastrophically bad idea.

    thats not my point, the point is NOBODY from the class rep team has posted on the Sorc thread since Nov 2018 how the F is that in anyway being in "touch" with the community they are ment to represent???????????????

    Maybe it has something to do with the fact that every time a class rep popped up on the boards and asked for feedback, it turned into twenty different tantrums all competing with each other to see who can cry the loudest.

    you joking right? so no class rep convo for sorcs since before NOV 2018+ his justified by that comment?? you dreaming dude and so is everyone that follows blindly behind this guy, he cares more about is youtube channel than he does about this forum or the ppl in it so long as ZOS think he is cool and he tows the party line all good huh? bleet bleet little sheep..........jog on

    edited for spelling

    Dude, I've been behind you this entire fiasco, and I'm unhappy enough that I canceled and let ZoS know my displeasure, but this isn't cool man. Even if Alcast were somehow to blame (and I don't see that he is anything but unhappy with what's happened) this doesn't help us convince people we're right, it convinces them we're unreasonable. I want change as much as you do, but this isn't the way to get it.

    not blaming Alcast, personally was told earlier in this thread he was our class rep, i just want to know why we have had no interaction from ANY class rep for almost a year, i just want someone to answer that simple question

    You know, we cannot answer all threads on these forums. It is enough work to read it, and we all have a life that is not tied to eso.

    You volunteered for this as class rep, did you think it was a nebulous honorary position that involved a couple of meetings with ZOS and a thumbsuck 2 liner about the two "pain" points once a month?

    You are representing hundreds of thousands of players from the character class you're supposed to represent. This involves a structured and exhaustive communication process with players to accurately determine those very pain points and their solutions, not a quick forum read to get something down before the class rep meeting. Just because you do a do a job for free does not give you the right to do it without due dilligence.

    Wether ZOS acts on your input or not at least YOU must be sure that you did your absolute best before a fiasco like Update 23 can you HONESTLY say that nothing more could have been done to liase with your community pre-update?

    Have to disagree with you on that. As said, they are doing this stuff for free and they realized, that some of them did too much work for pretty much zero effect. Why should they spend hours on a daily base, if they talk a few hours with the devs each month? In the end, maybe the devs did not even ask for that feedback they gathered. Also they gathered so much feedback during the last year and so much stuff and pain points are still unresolved. So why should they spend hours to collect same feedback again?

    Then, if they can't affect anything, can't do anything, can't do something that players actually feel is for real... just end this farce.

    YES, ZOS EITHER LISTEN TO THEM OR STOP THE CHARADE!

    We had an impact on changes sometimes, sometimes we didnt. We prevented some bad things, some they implemented regardless. After all, you dont know how stuff would look like if we hadnt gathered there. You dont know how much we talk to the devs, you dont know what we do when we arent pleased with the changes they present to us before they get implemented. You dont know anything, and since you cannot know anything, how about you stop shouting nonsense in here in all caps, do you really think that's the way to change anything?

    Erm yes, its a start. Silence and acquiescence imply acceptance, I do not. It's my game too.

    So ipso facto what you're saying is the Magsorc nerf was fought against?
    Edited by marius_buys on August 14, 2019 1:49PM
  • RebornRequiem
    RebornRequiem
    ✭✭
    Masel wrote: »
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    Masel wrote: »
    SFDB wrote: »
    Kadoin wrote: »
    @Alcast where has our clas rep been?

    He only comes on the forums to have a good laugh. No one can take most of the forums seriously when it comes to balance or solutions because players always have hidden agendas.

    he is a class rep he may find it funny behind his twitch stream and yuotube fame some of us actually believed the BS about class reps and the fact they spoke for us HE has proven that its ALL a SHAM

    They do relay your feedback, but that doesn't make them your personal megaphone. If you thought the entire point of the class rep program was to pass leadership for game development over to the forums, I want you to look at @Knowledge's threads very closely, and see if you can grasp why that would be a catastrophically bad idea.

    thats not my point, the point is NOBODY from the class rep team has posted on the Sorc thread since Nov 2018 how the F is that in anyway being in "touch" with the community they are ment to represent???????????????

    Maybe it has something to do with the fact that every time a class rep popped up on the boards and asked for feedback, it turned into twenty different tantrums all competing with each other to see who can cry the loudest.

    you joking right? so no class rep convo for sorcs since before NOV 2018+ his justified by that comment?? you dreaming dude and so is everyone that follows blindly behind this guy, he cares more about is youtube channel than he does about this forum or the ppl in it so long as ZOS think he is cool and he tows the party line all good huh? bleet bleet little sheep..........jog on

    edited for spelling

    Dude, I've been behind you this entire fiasco, and I'm unhappy enough that I canceled and let ZoS know my displeasure, but this isn't cool man. Even if Alcast were somehow to blame (and I don't see that he is anything but unhappy with what's happened) this doesn't help us convince people we're right, it convinces them we're unreasonable. I want change as much as you do, but this isn't the way to get it.

    not blaming Alcast, personally was told earlier in this thread he was our class rep, i just want to know why we have had no interaction from ANY class rep for almost a year, i just want someone to answer that simple question

    You know, we cannot answer all threads on these forums. It is enough work to read it, and we all have a life that is not tied to eso.

    You volunteered for this as class rep, did you think it was a nebulous honorary position that involved a couple of meetings with ZOS and a thumbsuck 2 liner about the two "pain" points once a month?

    You are representing hundreds of thousands of players from the character class you're supposed to represent. This involves a structured and exhaustive communication process with players to accurately determine those very pain points and their solutions, not a quick forum read to get something down before the class rep meeting. Just because you do a do a job for free does not give you the right to do it without due dilligence.

    Wether ZOS acts on your input or not at least YOU must be sure that you did your absolute best before a fiasco like Update 23 can you HONESTLY say that nothing more could have been done to liase with your community pre-update?

    Have to disagree with you on that. As said, they are doing this stuff for free and they realized, that some of them did too much work for pretty much zero effect. Why should they spend hours on a daily base, if they talk a few hours with the devs each month? In the end, maybe the devs did not even ask for that feedback they gathered. Also they gathered so much feedback during the last year and so much stuff and pain points are still unresolved. So why should they spend hours to collect same feedback again?

    Then, if they can't affect anything, can't do anything, can't do something that players actually feel is for real... just end this farce.

    YES, ZOS EITHER LISTEN TO THEM OR STOP THE CHARADE!

    We had an impact on changes sometimes, sometimes we didnt. We prevented some bad things, some they implemented regardless. After all, you dont know how stuff would look like if we hadnt gathered there. You dont know how much we talk to the devs, you dont know what we do when we arent pleased with the changes they present to us before they get implemented. You dont know anything, and since you cannot know anything, how about you stop shouting nonsense in here in all caps, do you really think that's the way to change anything?

    Erm yes, its a start. By silence and quintessence I imply acceptance, I do not.

    So ipso facto what you're saying is the Magsorc nerf was fought against?

    Why should they fight against a reasonable nerf of a broken class? :trollface:
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Masel wrote: »
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    Masel wrote: »
    SFDB wrote: »
    Kadoin wrote: »
    @Alcast where has our clas rep been?

    He only comes on the forums to have a good laugh. No one can take most of the forums seriously when it comes to balance or solutions because players always have hidden agendas.

    he is a class rep he may find it funny behind his twitch stream and yuotube fame some of us actually believed the BS about class reps and the fact they spoke for us HE has proven that its ALL a SHAM

    They do relay your feedback, but that doesn't make them your personal megaphone. If you thought the entire point of the class rep program was to pass leadership for game development over to the forums, I want you to look at @Knowledge's threads very closely, and see if you can grasp why that would be a catastrophically bad idea.

    thats not my point, the point is NOBODY from the class rep team has posted on the Sorc thread since Nov 2018 how the F is that in anyway being in "touch" with the community they are ment to represent???????????????

    Maybe it has something to do with the fact that every time a class rep popped up on the boards and asked for feedback, it turned into twenty different tantrums all competing with each other to see who can cry the loudest.

    you joking right? so no class rep convo for sorcs since before NOV 2018+ his justified by that comment?? you dreaming dude and so is everyone that follows blindly behind this guy, he cares more about is youtube channel than he does about this forum or the ppl in it so long as ZOS think he is cool and he tows the party line all good huh? bleet bleet little sheep..........jog on

    edited for spelling

    Dude, I've been behind you this entire fiasco, and I'm unhappy enough that I canceled and let ZoS know my displeasure, but this isn't cool man. Even if Alcast were somehow to blame (and I don't see that he is anything but unhappy with what's happened) this doesn't help us convince people we're right, it convinces them we're unreasonable. I want change as much as you do, but this isn't the way to get it.

    not blaming Alcast, personally was told earlier in this thread he was our class rep, i just want to know why we have had no interaction from ANY class rep for almost a year, i just want someone to answer that simple question

    You know, we cannot answer all threads on these forums. It is enough work to read it, and we all have a life that is not tied to eso.

    You volunteered for this as class rep, did you think it was a nebulous honorary position that involved a couple of meetings with ZOS and a thumbsuck 2 liner about the two "pain" points once a month?

    You are representing hundreds of thousands of players from the character class you're supposed to represent. This involves a structured and exhaustive communication process with players to accurately determine those very pain points and their solutions, not a quick forum read to get something down before the class rep meeting. Just because you do a do a job for free does not give you the right to do it without due dilligence.

    Wether ZOS acts on your input or not at least YOU must be sure that you did your absolute best before a fiasco like Update 23 can you HONESTLY say that nothing more could have been done to liase with your community pre-update?

    Have to disagree with you on that. As said, they are doing this stuff for free and they realized, that some of them did too much work for pretty much zero effect. Why should they spend hours on a daily base, if they talk a few hours with the devs each month? In the end, maybe the devs did not even ask for that feedback they gathered. Also they gathered so much feedback during the last year and so much stuff and pain points are still unresolved. So why should they spend hours to collect same feedback again?

    Then, if they can't affect anything, can't do anything, can't do something that players actually feel is for real... just end this farce.

    YES, ZOS EITHER LISTEN TO THEM OR STOP THE CHARADE!

    We had an impact on changes sometimes, sometimes we didnt. We prevented some bad things, some they implemented regardless. After all, you dont know how stuff would look like if we hadnt gathered there. You dont know how much we talk to the devs, you dont know what we do when we arent pleased with the changes they present to us before they get implemented. You dont know anything, and since you cannot know anything, how about you stop shouting nonsense in here in all caps, do you really think that's the way to change anything?

    Erm yes, its a start. By silence and quintessence I imply acceptance, I do not.

    So ipso facto what you're saying is the Magsorc nerf was fought against?

    Why should they fight against a reasonable nerf of a broken class? :trollface:

    Sigh Stam sorcs were not nerfed, at least get the facts straight.
  • RebornRequiem
    RebornRequiem
    ✭✭
    Masel wrote: »
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    Masel wrote: »
    SFDB wrote: »
    Kadoin wrote: »
    @Alcast where has our clas rep been?

    He only comes on the forums to have a good laugh. No one can take most of the forums seriously when it comes to balance or solutions because players always have hidden agendas.

    he is a class rep he may find it funny behind his twitch stream and yuotube fame some of us actually believed the BS about class reps and the fact they spoke for us HE has proven that its ALL a SHAM

    They do relay your feedback, but that doesn't make them your personal megaphone. If you thought the entire point of the class rep program was to pass leadership for game development over to the forums, I want you to look at @Knowledge's threads very closely, and see if you can grasp why that would be a catastrophically bad idea.

    thats not my point, the point is NOBODY from the class rep team has posted on the Sorc thread since Nov 2018 how the F is that in anyway being in "touch" with the community they are ment to represent???????????????

    Maybe it has something to do with the fact that every time a class rep popped up on the boards and asked for feedback, it turned into twenty different tantrums all competing with each other to see who can cry the loudest.

    you joking right? so no class rep convo for sorcs since before NOV 2018+ his justified by that comment?? you dreaming dude and so is everyone that follows blindly behind this guy, he cares more about is youtube channel than he does about this forum or the ppl in it so long as ZOS think he is cool and he tows the party line all good huh? bleet bleet little sheep..........jog on

    edited for spelling

    Dude, I've been behind you this entire fiasco, and I'm unhappy enough that I canceled and let ZoS know my displeasure, but this isn't cool man. Even if Alcast were somehow to blame (and I don't see that he is anything but unhappy with what's happened) this doesn't help us convince people we're right, it convinces them we're unreasonable. I want change as much as you do, but this isn't the way to get it.

    not blaming Alcast, personally was told earlier in this thread he was our class rep, i just want to know why we have had no interaction from ANY class rep for almost a year, i just want someone to answer that simple question

    You know, we cannot answer all threads on these forums. It is enough work to read it, and we all have a life that is not tied to eso.

    You volunteered for this as class rep, did you think it was a nebulous honorary position that involved a couple of meetings with ZOS and a thumbsuck 2 liner about the two "pain" points once a month?

    You are representing hundreds of thousands of players from the character class you're supposed to represent. This involves a structured and exhaustive communication process with players to accurately determine those very pain points and their solutions, not a quick forum read to get something down before the class rep meeting. Just because you do a do a job for free does not give you the right to do it without due dilligence.

    Wether ZOS acts on your input or not at least YOU must be sure that you did your absolute best before a fiasco like Update 23 can you HONESTLY say that nothing more could have been done to liase with your community pre-update?

    Have to disagree with you on that. As said, they are doing this stuff for free and they realized, that some of them did too much work for pretty much zero effect. Why should they spend hours on a daily base, if they talk a few hours with the devs each month? In the end, maybe the devs did not even ask for that feedback they gathered. Also they gathered so much feedback during the last year and so much stuff and pain points are still unresolved. So why should they spend hours to collect same feedback again?

    Then, if they can't affect anything, can't do anything, can't do something that players actually feel is for real... just end this farce.

    YES, ZOS EITHER LISTEN TO THEM OR STOP THE CHARADE!

    We had an impact on changes sometimes, sometimes we didnt. We prevented some bad things, some they implemented regardless. After all, you dont know how stuff would look like if we hadnt gathered there. You dont know how much we talk to the devs, you dont know what we do when we arent pleased with the changes they present to us before they get implemented. You dont know anything, and since you cannot know anything, how about you stop shouting nonsense in here in all caps, do you really think that's the way to change anything?

    Erm yes, its a start. By silence and quintessence I imply acceptance, I do not.

    So ipso facto what you're saying is the Magsorc nerf was fought against?

    Why should they fight against a reasonable nerf of a broken class? :trollface:

    Sigh Stam sorcs were not nerfed, at least get the facts straight.

    I quoted you about the nerfs to magsorcs, I only responded to it, so I was talking about magsorcs too. Please if you can not connect two posts....then just dont do it and try calling people out.

    Magsorc deserved some nerfs and therefore the reps probably did bot speak against them.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot for the life of me understand the nerfs to magsorc other than a move to move major sorcery, the magsorcs's main class buff, to the mages guild skill tree so players would want to buy it?

    I mean who is our class rep and did he/she just let this uber nerf. slide?
    Did he/she not raise an objection even once???

    This is the OP, not the 10 other QQ's
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what nerfs?

    my shields are bigger and dps is higher

    btw entropy is best mag ST dot so you gonna slot it anyway

    critical surge heals for bigger numbers so it is a buff again

    You know nothing Jon Snow, or your'e one of em Stamsorcs :)
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys stop criticising the people, who do free work for this game. They all have their own way to do it and some get their feedback from much more reliable sources than then forum.

    Alcast as the role model of end game raiding surely does not need the feedback regarding PvE from the forum, when he is in contact with the best of the best raiders of the game. Same goes for people representing the classes in PvP, they have their „endgame“ guilds ready for feedback. They got much more valuable feedback from guilds like legend NA and EU or Aether than from the forum, where even nobodies and people with almost no knowledge can write.

    They all got much more valuable resources ready then the few „official“ threads here on the forum. Dont worry, they will do the job theor own way and with the amount of effort they see fit. And this is probably the best for the program.

    this is what is wrong with the whole thing well done for that insight so the voice of the few at the top end 1% determine how the "nobodies and people with almost no knowledge" that make up 99% of the paying player base get to play the game!
    thanks for clearing that up

    Sry your statement is completely wrong. The 1% on top doesnt decide how the others 99% have to play. They discuss about how classes perform in the top 1%, so how classes perform within their full potential. I think it is reasonable to balance around a class‘ full potential instead of the potential a new player get from the class.

    Basically the 1% on top talks with the devs about the meta. The other 99% can play as they want, as ZOS said. They may be affected by the changes, but only to a small margin, since they dont get the full potential of the class anyway.

    But hey, I guess we need to listen to players, who managed to level two chars to level 10 and the compare them to each other.

    „I tried stamsorc and magplar up to level 10 and could not do normal quests on the sorc, meanwhile on magplar there were no issues up to the point trying to solo a dolmen or worldboss.“

    read the whole quote dont cherry pick to suit yourself
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Masel wrote: »
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    Masel wrote: »
    SFDB wrote: »
    Kadoin wrote: »
    @Alcast where has our clas rep been?

    He only comes on the forums to have a good laugh. No one can take most of the forums seriously when it comes to balance or solutions because players always have hidden agendas.

    he is a class rep he may find it funny behind his twitch stream and yuotube fame some of us actually believed the BS about class reps and the fact they spoke for us HE has proven that its ALL a SHAM

    They do relay your feedback, but that doesn't make them your personal megaphone. If you thought the entire point of the class rep program was to pass leadership for game development over to the forums, I want you to look at @Knowledge's threads very closely, and see if you can grasp why that would be a catastrophically bad idea.

    thats not my point, the point is NOBODY from the class rep team has posted on the Sorc thread since Nov 2018 how the F is that in anyway being in "touch" with the community they are ment to represent???????????????

    Maybe it has something to do with the fact that every time a class rep popped up on the boards and asked for feedback, it turned into twenty different tantrums all competing with each other to see who can cry the loudest.

    you joking right? so no class rep convo for sorcs since before NOV 2018+ his justified by that comment?? you dreaming dude and so is everyone that follows blindly behind this guy, he cares more about is youtube channel than he does about this forum or the ppl in it so long as ZOS think he is cool and he tows the party line all good huh? bleet bleet little sheep..........jog on

    edited for spelling

    Dude, I've been behind you this entire fiasco, and I'm unhappy enough that I canceled and let ZoS know my displeasure, but this isn't cool man. Even if Alcast were somehow to blame (and I don't see that he is anything but unhappy with what's happened) this doesn't help us convince people we're right, it convinces them we're unreasonable. I want change as much as you do, but this isn't the way to get it.

    not blaming Alcast, personally was told earlier in this thread he was our class rep, i just want to know why we have had no interaction from ANY class rep for almost a year, i just want someone to answer that simple question

    You know, we cannot answer all threads on these forums. It is enough work to read it, and we all have a life that is not tied to eso.

    You volunteered for this as class rep, did you think it was a nebulous honorary position that involved a couple of meetings with ZOS and a thumbsuck 2 liner about the two "pain" points once a month?

    You are representing hundreds of thousands of players from the character class you're supposed to represent. This involves a structured and exhaustive communication process with players to accurately determine those very pain points and their solutions, not a quick forum read to get something down before the class rep meeting. Just because you do a do a job for free does not give you the right to do it without due dilligence.

    Wether ZOS acts on your input or not at least YOU must be sure that you did your absolute best before a fiasco like Update 23 can you HONESTLY say that nothing more could have been done to liase with your community pre-update?

    Have to disagree with you on that. As said, they are doing this stuff for free and they realized, that some of them did too much work for pretty much zero effect. Why should they spend hours on a daily base, if they talk a few hours with the devs each month? In the end, maybe the devs did not even ask for that feedback they gathered. Also they gathered so much feedback during the last year and so much stuff and pain points are still unresolved. So why should they spend hours to collect same feedback again?

    Then, if they can't affect anything, can't do anything, can't do something that players actually feel is for real... just end this farce.

    YES, ZOS EITHER LISTEN TO THEM OR STOP THE CHARADE!

    We had an impact on changes sometimes, sometimes we didnt. We prevented some bad things, some they implemented regardless. After all, you dont know how stuff would look like if we hadnt gathered there. You dont know how much we talk to the devs, you dont know what we do when we arent pleased with the changes they present to us before they get implemented. You dont know anything, and since you cannot know anything, how about you stop shouting nonsense in here in all caps, do you really think that's the way to change anything?

    maybe if you communicated more this frustration would not be an issue, we play the to, climb down off your ivory towers and speak to the ppl you chose to represent
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭
    Why does talking specifically to people on the forum matter if, more than likely, someone else voiced the same concerns you had outside of the forums? Im almost certain that some of the reps themselves already had the same cincerns from the get go before anyone else. Again, they can convey those concerns to the dev's but that doesn't mean requests are getting through with guarantee.
This discussion has been closed.