The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

DO Sorcs even HAVE a class rep?

• Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Chicharron fair play lol that was good :)
  • Vicinia
    Vicinia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vicinia wrote: »
    Kadoin wrote: »
    @Alcast where has our clas rep been?

He only comes on the forums to have a good laugh. No one can take most of the forums seriously when it comes to balance or solutions because players always have hidden agendas.

he is a class rep he may find it funny behind his twitch stream and yuotube fame some of us actually believed the BS about class reps and the fact they spoke for us HE has proven that its ALL a SHAM

They do relay your feedback, but that doesn't make them your personal megaphone. If you thought the entire point of the class rep program was to pass leadership for game development over to the forums, I want you to look at @Knowledge's threads very closely, and see if you can grasp why that would be a catastrophically bad idea.

thats not my point, the point is NOBODY from the class rep team has posted on the Sorc thread since Nov 2018 how the F is that in anyway being in "touch" with the community they are ment to represent???????????????

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that every time a class rep popped up on the boards and asked for feedback, it turned into twenty different tantrums all competing with each other to see who can cry the loudest.

you joking right? so no class rep convo for sorcs since before NOV 2018 is justified by that comment?? you dreaming dude and so is everyone that follows blindly behind this guy, he cares more about is youtube channel than he does about this forum or the ppl in it so long as ZOS think he is col and he tows the party line all good huh? bleet bleet little sheep..........jog on

I don't care for alcast's content or builds one bit. But I'm going to call a spade a spade. Your class got nerfed, you want to direct your temper tantrum towards someone.

Doesn't matter if he steps down, and /or replaced. Hell maybe you should have tried to be a class rep. Maybe then the obvious would hit you in the face. They are the illusion of communication between the devs and players. There is none, ZOS does whatever they please, and people like you actually think class reps have any pull.

All they do is relay information to the developers that they observe from the playerbase. Quite frankly I don't know why they bother. They don't get paid for it, they aren't listened to and they have grown individuals crying at them.

my point is NO ONE has spoken to the src class since before NOV 2018 how many times do i have to repeat it? how can you relay somthing you do know anything about???

Yes because reading doesn't exist. You think him telling you he can't do anything matters. You cannot be this dense 😂

If you're a grown individual acting this way over a video game, you're beyond pathetic.

and typing doesnt exist either? in over a year not one class rep learned to type in a class rep thread whilst all the other class threads where active???? sorry dude ya argument is mute, he can promote the crown store just fine, he can promote his youtube just fine but cant type in a class rep thread in over a year? who's pathetic now?

Yeah let him worry about a volunteer position with people crying at him rather than his channel that gives him some semblance of revenue. Do you even read what you typed out?

Surely he doesn't have his priorities right at all. He should focus all his energy on a garbage volunteer position he has no control over, with weirdos like you breathing down his neck.

Next time they look for reps, go ahead and sign up. And let's see what you can do. Otherwise you're all talk.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

He only comes on the forums to have a good laugh. No one can take most of the forums seriously when it comes to balance or solutions because players always have hidden agendas.

he is a class rep he may find it funny behind his twitch stream and yuotube fame some of us actually believed the BS about class reps and the fact they spoke for us HE has proven that its ALL a SHAM

They do relay your feedback, but that doesn't make them your personal megaphone. If you thought the entire point of the class rep program was to pass leadership for game development over to the forums, I want you to look at @Knowledge's threads very closely, and see if you can grasp why that would be a catastrophically bad idea.

thats not my point, the point is NOBODY from the class rep team has posted on the Sorc thread since Nov 2018 how the F is that in anyway being in "touch" with the community they are ment to represent???????????????

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that every time a class rep popped up on the boards and asked for feedback, it turned into twenty different tantrums all competing with each other to see who can cry the loudest.

you joking right? so no class rep convo for sorcs since before NOV 2018 is justified by that comment?? you dreaming dude and so is everyone that follows blindly behind this guy, he cares more about is youtube channel than he does about this forum or the ppl in it so long as ZOS think he is col and he tows the party line all good huh? bleet bleet little sheep..........jog on

I don't care for alcast's content or builds one bit. But I'm going to call a spade a spade. Your class got nerfed, you want to direct your temper tantrum towards someone.

Doesn't matter if he steps down, and /or replaced. Hell maybe you should have tried to be a class rep. Maybe then the obvious would hit you in the face. They are the illusion of communication between the devs and players. There is none, ZOS does whatever they please, and people like you actually think class reps have any pull.

All they do is relay information to the developers that they observe from the playerbase. Quite frankly I don't know why they bother. They don't get paid for it, they aren't listened to and they have grown individuals crying at them.

my point is NO ONE has spoken to the src class since before NOV 2018 how many times do i have to repeat it? how can you relay somthing you do know anything about???

Yes because reading doesn't exist. You think him telling you he can't do anything matters. You cannot be this dense 😂

If you're a grown individual acting this way over a video game, you're beyond pathetic.

and typing doesnt exist either? in over a year not one class rep learned to type in a class rep thread whilst all the other class threads where active???? sorry dude ya argument is mute, he can promote the crown store just fine, he can promote his youtube just fine but cant type in a class rep thread in over a year? who's pathetic now?

Yeah let him worry about a volunteer position with people crying at him rather than his channel that gives him some semblance of revenue. Do you even read what you typed out?

Surely he doesn't have his priorities right at all. He should focus all his energy on a garbage volunteer position he has no control over, with weirdos like you breathing down his neck.

Next time they look for reps, go ahead and sign up. And let's see what you can do. Otherwise you're all talk.

THEN QUIT and let some one who does care take over SIMPLE
  • Cheezits94
    Cheezits94
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are we flaming Alcast here and none of the other reps? :D

Btw go watch his latest magsorc parse video.
    If you can't even spell sets, locations and items, you probably have no clue what you even are talking about.

Tamriel, not Tamerial, Temerial or Tamériál
    Alkosh, not Alkoash
    Dolmen, not Dolman
    Olorime, not Oloramie
    Sorcerer, not Sorceror
  • Vicinia
    Vicinia
    ✭✭✭✭

THEN QUIT and let some one who does care take over SIMPLE

Okay next time sign up. Mr. Forum Warrior here thinks that class reps are the end all be all. So please for the betterment of everyone sign up 😂
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    maybe you should read what you type huh? your sayng in a whole year 365 days 8760hrs not once a spare 5mins could be found to talk to the sorc class on the sorc thread? is that what you are defending?
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    anyhoo am done for the night, let the ban hammer fall ive said what i needed to ppl can decide if im right or wrong either way i've been heard...............unlike some :)
  • Cheezits94
    Cheezits94
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still don't know why you only accuse one class rep and not the other ones.
    If you can't even spell sets, locations and items, you probably have no clue what you even are talking about.

Tamriel, not Tamerial, Temerial or Tamériál
    Alkosh, not Alkoash
    Dolmen, not Dolman
    Olorime, not Oloramie
    Sorcerer, not Sorceror
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorcs are good.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheezits94 wrote: »
    Why are we flaming Alcast here and none of the other reps? :D

Btw go watch his latest magsorc parse video.

Yes the damage is good but dummies dont hit back, evade, cleanse, counterheal or are just sneaky little F's. Great for PvE, PvP not so much.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nefas wrote: »
    All the money spent on Mages Guild skill-lines comes to me why would I raise an objection? :wink: /s

Here is the updated list of class reps found under the Combat sub forum @Alienoutlaw

Alcast
    Masel
    GandTheImpaler
    Quantum
    FearTurbo
    RebornZombie
    Glorious
    Cab_Life
    Glorious

ok so which one of you ladies actually play mag sorc as a main?
    and what the actual f did you do about this beforehand?

Your belief that Class Reps actually make decisions about what happens in the game, and the belief that they should represent you personally, is hysterically wrong. Class Reps compile and present feedback to Zeni, who does what they want with it. Class Reps speak to challenges they and the player base are facing, and they speak to the wishlist of changes people have said they want to see. Class Reps don’t compel development.

Let me say it again, Class Reps don’t compel development. Zeni does what they want. Sometimes taking feedback into account, sometimes not.
    Edited by Reverb on August 14, 2019 12:50AM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    maybe you should read what you type huh? your sayng in a whole year 365 days 8760hrs not once a spare 5mins could be found to talk to the sorc class on the sorc thread? is that what you are defending?

"The sorc thread" is not "the sorc class". That assumption is hilarious. It's ... a forum thread. In the grand scheme of things, of very little importance.

What exactly should some rep have posted there?
    "What are your concerns?" They can read, man.
    "This is the reason for X." They're not the developers. Most of the time, they have no clue either.
    "Alienoutlaw is a really level-headed guy and everyone should listen to them." ... Yeah.

As if posting in "the sorc thread" would change anything, mean anything, or contribute anything.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Nefas wrote: »
    All the money spent on Mages Guild skill-lines comes to me why would I raise an objection? :wink: /s

Here is the updated list of class reps found under the Combat sub forum @Alienoutlaw

Alcast
    Masel
    GandTheImpaler
    Quantum
    FearTurbo
    RebornZombie
    Glorious
    Cab_Life
    Glorious

ok so which one of you ladies actually play mag sorc as a main?
    and what the actual f did you do about this beforehand?

Your belief that Class Reps actually make decisions about what happens in the game is hysterically wrong. Class Reps compile and present feedback to Zeni, who does what they want with it. Class Reps speak to challenges they and the player base are facing, and they speak to the wishlist of changes people have said they want to see. Class Reps don’t compel development.

Let me say it again, Class Reps don’t compel development. Zeni does what they want. Sometimes taking feedback into account, sometimes not.

I completely understand what you are saying, especially in the light that ZOS has an alternate motif to move the magsorcs main class buff to the mages guild tree which is now for sale (excuse me while I spit on the ground) BUT if none of the class reps speak for sorcs specifically then we end up with the supernerf that just happened.

And by the same argument, players tend to speak from their own perspective and if the panel consist of non magsorcs then that class will get nerfed by the mere fact that reps will buff their own class by complaining about other classes and their abilities.

The class rep system is fatally flawed due to misrepresentation, period.
    The ZOS class balance drive is a marketing sham where class skills are gutted to promote skill tree sales, period.
    Grab a cuppa Java and convince me otherwise...
  • SFDB
    SFDB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look, this insanity can be summed up with one simple sentence to make clear there's a problem with U23, and it's this:

People are complaining about how overpowered Soul Trap is.

We have either fallen through a wormhole, or some pretty weird decisions have been made that should probably be reconsidered.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varana wrote: »

"The sorc thread" is not "the sorc class". That assumption is hilarious. It's ... a forum thread. In the grand scheme of things, of very little importance.

"This is the reason for X." They're not the developers. Most of the time, they have no clue either.
    "Alienoutlaw is a really level-headed guy and everyone should listen to them." ... Yeah.

As if posting in "the sorc thread" would change anything, mean anything, or contribute anything.

Erm... lemme give THAT a shot

Post 1:
    Were considering removing major sorcery from Power surge because of whatever reason, your thoughts on how it would impact you.

Post 2:
    Please complete this poll on the class skill that is absolutely essential to a a magsorc:
    Option 1
    Option 2
    Option 3

Post 3
    The other class reps have identified the following pain points against sorcs, please comment.

Post 4
    Summarized from posts in this forum here are the following sorc pain points from the sorcs perspective, please vote
    Option 1
    Option 2
    Option 3

Post 5
    Sorc specific feedback from the last classrep meeting is:
    a)
    b)
    c)

Post 6
    Where are magsors probably over-performing and what would be a fair nerf?

Post 7
    Which clases are overperforming in magsorc vs ? PvP

Its 3:18 over here and I'm ready for bed but above are just some posts which sprang to mind at short notice without any effort at all.

Class reps need to have their finger on the pulse for the stam & magicka CLASS they represent
    furtermore they need to open up channels of communication with their specific CLASS COMMUNITY

BAD INTRA-CLASS COMMS leads TO BAD INFO leads TO BAD NERF & BUFF DECISIONS.

These ARE things that are completely within the capacity of the reps, so cut the bull, the reps can do better PERIOD.

ZOS of course have decided to take a corporate IE MONEY FIRST view on some lines but that is a subject for another thread.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SFDB wrote: »
    Look, this insanity can be summed up with one simple sentence to make clear there's a problem with U23, and it's this:

People are complaining about how overpowered Soul Trap is.

We have either fallen through a wormhole, or some pretty weird decisions have been made that should probably be reconsidered.

Can the Wardens please stay out of this, stop trying to hijack the thread :)
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what nerfs?

my shields are bigger and dps is higher

btw entropy is best mag ST dot so you gonna slot it anyway

critical surge heals for bigger numbers so it is a buff again

After how many casts?
    Sure for PvE you have the time to cast buffs that was up to now combined as a single cast but you're talking about luxuries a PvP player simply does not have.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    Donny_Vito wrote: »
    It seems like you really want a name so you can unleash more of that fury, not as a means to address future communication.

^

There is absolutely a class rep who loves sorc with all her heart. I've got no reason to dump you in her lap to yell about things beyond her control though.

Instead, list constructive criticism about out what changes you didn't like. Maybe discuss the pain points if the class and where it is not fun to play in detail. She'll see that and can pass that along.

ROTFL should put lavender icons on the letter as well?

Co-mu-ni-cate with the community on the sorc class rep thread ffs.

Rage comes after the nerf fiasco that's the current screwdate 23 not before.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From Kristofer's vid:
    zVEx61d.jpg
  • Katlefiya
    Katlefiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From Kristofer's vid:
    zVEx61d.jpg
    And your point?
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do anyone seriously thinks class reps are asked for anything at all.
    Just look at changes. One of worst patches ever.
  • Ogou
    Ogou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varana wrote: »

Erm... lemme give THAT a shot

Post 1:
    Were considering removing major sorcery from Power surge because of whatever reason, your thoughts on how it would impact you.

Post 2:
    Please complete this poll on the class skill that is absolutely essential to a a magsorc:
    Option 1
    Option 2
    Option 3

Post 3
    The other class reps have identified the following pain points against sorcs, please comment.

Post 4
    Summarized from posts in this forum here are the following sorc pain points from the sorcs perspective, please vote
    Option 1
    Option 2
    Option 3

Post 5
    Sorc specific feedback from the last classrep meeting is:
    a)
    b)
    c)

Post 6
    Where are magsors probably over-performing and what would be a fair nerf?

Post 7
    Which clases are overperforming in magsorc vs ? PvP

Its 3:18 over here and I'm ready for bed but above are just some posts which sprang to mind at short notice without any effort at all.

Class reps need to have their finger on the pulse for the stam & magicka CLASS they represent
    furtermore they need to open up channels of communication with their specific CLASS COMMUNITY

BAD INTRA-CLASS COMMS leads TO BAD INFO leads TO BAD NERF & BUFF DECISIONS.

These ARE things that are completely within the capacity of the reps, so cut the bull, the reps can do better PERIOD.

ZOS of course have decided to take a corporate IE MONEY FIRST view on some lines but that is a subject for another thread.

The NDA makes the first post impossible.
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ah, the clever tool of NDA
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like all the discords are gone, too.
  • Ogou
    Ogou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like all the discords are gone, too.

They've all been merged into the Templar one:
    https://discord.gg/SDu4zM
  • Thalmor-Nordmaster
    Thalmor-Nordmaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't Blinxey the class rep
  • Taloros
    Taloros
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ogou wrote: »

If one fears that the NDA forbids to post that, one can always ask ZOS for permission.
  • Ogou
    Ogou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taloros wrote: »
    Ogou wrote: »

If one fears that the NDA forbids to post that, one can always ask ZOS for permission.

If ZOS was willing to discuss upcoming changes with the general public before the PTS comes out the NDA wouldn't exist in the first place.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    as i said i publicly call him out to answer why or step down and let someone who will take over

You seem to be specifically angry at @Alcast for some reason.

Honestly, I'm basically reading these forums daily, but I can understand why many of us do not. Lately, I have found that doing so gets more and more tiresome. It becomes harder and harder because basically in every thread that gets longer, you find comments blaming us for something players dont like. Why do players not understand that we are not making any changes? Is it so hard to inform yourself before posting something here?

It is easy to throw personal criticism around like you do and scapegoat someone who has done the exact opposite of what you accuse him to do. You said he advocates for the crown store, which he does not. In fact he criticized the prices multiple times and voiced concerns about the skill lines being purchasable, for example.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    SFDB wrote: »

you joking right? so no class rep convo for sorcs since before NOV 2018+ his justified by that comment?? you dreaming dude and so is everyone that follows blindly behind this guy, he cares more about is youtube channel than he does about this forum or the ppl in it so long as ZOS think he is cool and he tows the party line all good huh? bleet bleet little sheep..........jog on

edited for spelling

Dude, I've been behind you this entire fiasco, and I'm unhappy enough that I canceled and let ZoS know my displeasure, but this isn't cool man. Even if Alcast were somehow to blame (and I don't see that he is anything but unhappy with what's happened) this doesn't help us convince people we're right, it convinces them we're unreasonable. I want change as much as you do, but this isn't the way to get it.

not blaming Alcast, personally was told earlier in this thread he was our class rep, i just want to know why we have had no interaction from ANY class rep for almost a year, i just want someone to answer that simple question

You know, we cannot answer all threads on these forums. It is enough work to read it, and we all have a life that is not tied to eso.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
This discussion has been closed.