Maintenance for the week of August 19:
· [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – August 19,  4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)

DO Sorcs even HAVE a class rep?

  • RebornRequiem
    RebornRequiem
    ✭✭
    There are several reasons, why no class rep may have written in there:

    First off, they can read threads fine without the need to write something in there every day.

    Secondly this class rep thing is not a job, it isnt paid, so they probably do not engage in discussions as much as you expect them to do.

    Class reps are supposed to collect feedback, but nobody said this feedback has to come from the forum. I guess some of the reps have better sources of feedback elsewhere.

    As a rep I also would not engage in threads that much, when you get blamed for *** all the time.

    Magsorcs as a class were pretty strong since murkmire (last autumn, around when the last post of a rep happened in your sorc thread). Stamsorcs generally are rather quiet tough. So maybe there was not the need to gather that mich from sorcs, when some stuff was obvious from the start.

    Magsorc players belong to the most vocal and whiny players here on the forum. Even as a strong class, they always demanded buffs for themselves and nerfs for others, critisized every small nerf to them and even cried out even if they came out stronger out of patches than before. No sane person would probably engage with such people voluntarely on a frequent base.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Masel wrote: »
    SFDB wrote: »
    Kadoin wrote: »
    @Alcast where has our clas rep been?

    He only comes on the forums to have a good laugh. No one can take most of the forums seriously when it comes to balance or solutions because players always have hidden agendas.

    he is a class rep he may find it funny behind his twitch stream and yuotube fame some of us actually believed the BS about class reps and the fact they spoke for us HE has proven that its ALL a SHAM

    They do relay your feedback, but that doesn't make them your personal megaphone. If you thought the entire point of the class rep program was to pass leadership for game development over to the forums, I want you to look at @Knowledge's threads very closely, and see if you can grasp why that would be a catastrophically bad idea.

    thats not my point, the point is NOBODY from the class rep team has posted on the Sorc thread since Nov 2018 how the F is that in anyway being in "touch" with the community they are ment to represent???????????????

    Maybe it has something to do with the fact that every time a class rep popped up on the boards and asked for feedback, it turned into twenty different tantrums all competing with each other to see who can cry the loudest.

    you joking right? so no class rep convo for sorcs since before NOV 2018+ his justified by that comment?? you dreaming dude and so is everyone that follows blindly behind this guy, he cares more about is youtube channel than he does about this forum or the ppl in it so long as ZOS think he is cool and he tows the party line all good huh? bleet bleet little sheep..........jog on

    edited for spelling

    Dude, I've been behind you this entire fiasco, and I'm unhappy enough that I canceled and let ZoS know my displeasure, but this isn't cool man. Even if Alcast were somehow to blame (and I don't see that he is anything but unhappy with what's happened) this doesn't help us convince people we're right, it convinces them we're unreasonable. I want change as much as you do, but this isn't the way to get it.

    not blaming Alcast, personally was told earlier in this thread he was our class rep, i just want to know why we have had no interaction from ANY class rep for almost a year, i just want someone to answer that simple question

    You know, we cannot answer all threads on these forums. It is enough work to read it, and we all have a life that is not tied to eso.

    You volunteered for this as class rep, did you think it was a nebulous honorary position that involved a couple of meetings with ZOS and a thumbsuck 2 liner about the two "pain" points once a month?

    You are representing hundreds of thousands of players from the character class you're supposed to represent. This involves a structured and exhaustive communication process with players to accurately determine those very pain points and their solutions, not a quick forum read to get something down before the class rep meeting. Just because you do a do a job for free does not give you the right to do it without due dilligence.

    Wether ZOS acts on your input or not at least YOU must be sure that you did your absolute best before a fiasco like Update 23 can you HONESTLY say that nothing more could have been done to liase with your community pre-update?
  • RebornRequiem
    RebornRequiem
    ✭✭
    Masel wrote: »
    SFDB wrote: »
    Kadoin wrote: »
    @Alcast where has our clas rep been?

    He only comes on the forums to have a good laugh. No one can take most of the forums seriously when it comes to balance or solutions because players always have hidden agendas.

    he is a class rep he may find it funny behind his twitch stream and yuotube fame some of us actually believed the BS about class reps and the fact they spoke for us HE has proven that its ALL a SHAM

    They do relay your feedback, but that doesn't make them your personal megaphone. If you thought the entire point of the class rep program was to pass leadership for game development over to the forums, I want you to look at @Knowledge's threads very closely, and see if you can grasp why that would be a catastrophically bad idea.

    thats not my point, the point is NOBODY from the class rep team has posted on the Sorc thread since Nov 2018 how the F is that in anyway being in "touch" with the community they are ment to represent???????????????

    Maybe it has something to do with the fact that every time a class rep popped up on the boards and asked for feedback, it turned into twenty different tantrums all competing with each other to see who can cry the loudest.

    you joking right? so no class rep convo for sorcs since before NOV 2018+ his justified by that comment?? you dreaming dude and so is everyone that follows blindly behind this guy, he cares more about is youtube channel than he does about this forum or the ppl in it so long as ZOS think he is cool and he tows the party line all good huh? bleet bleet little sheep..........jog on

    edited for spelling

    Dude, I've been behind you this entire fiasco, and I'm unhappy enough that I canceled and let ZoS know my displeasure, but this isn't cool man. Even if Alcast were somehow to blame (and I don't see that he is anything but unhappy with what's happened) this doesn't help us convince people we're right, it convinces them we're unreasonable. I want change as much as you do, but this isn't the way to get it.

    not blaming Alcast, personally was told earlier in this thread he was our class rep, i just want to know why we have had no interaction from ANY class rep for almost a year, i just want someone to answer that simple question

    You know, we cannot answer all threads on these forums. It is enough work to read it, and we all have a life that is not tied to eso.

    You volunteered for this as class rep, did you think it was a nebulous honorary position that involved a couple of meetings with ZOS and a thumbsuck 2 liner about the two "pain" points once a month?

    You are representing hundreds of thousands of players from the character class you're supposed to represent. This involves a structured and exhaustive communication process with players to accurately determine those very pain points and their solutions, not a quick forum read to get something down before the class rep meeting. Just because you do a do a job for free does not give you the right to do it without due dilligence.

    Wether ZOS acts on your input or not at least YOU must be sure that you did your absolute best before a fiasco like Update 23 can you HONESTLY say that nothing more could have been done to liase with your community pre-update?

    Have to disagree with you on that. As said, they are doing this stuff for free and they realized, that some of them did too much work for pretty much zero effect. Why should they spend hours on a daily base, if they talk a few hours with the devs each month? In the end, maybe the devs did not even ask for that feedback they gathered. Also they gathered so much feedback during the last year and so much stuff and pain points are still unresolved. So why should they spend hours to collect same feedback again?
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Masel wrote: »
    SFDB wrote: »
    Kadoin wrote: »
    @Alcast where has our clas rep been?

    He only comes on the forums to have a good laugh. No one can take most of the forums seriously when it comes to balance or solutions because players always have hidden agendas.

    he is a class rep he may find it funny behind his twitch stream and yuotube fame some of us actually believed the BS about class reps and the fact they spoke for us HE has proven that its ALL a SHAM

    They do relay your feedback, but that doesn't make them your personal megaphone. If you thought the entire point of the class rep program was to pass leadership for game development over to the forums, I want you to look at @Knowledge's threads very closely, and see if you can grasp why that would be a catastrophically bad idea.

    thats not my point, the point is NOBODY from the class rep team has posted on the Sorc thread since Nov 2018 how the F is that in anyway being in "touch" with the community they are ment to represent???????????????

    Maybe it has something to do with the fact that every time a class rep popped up on the boards and asked for feedback, it turned into twenty different tantrums all competing with each other to see who can cry the loudest.

    you joking right? so no class rep convo for sorcs since before NOV 2018+ his justified by that comment?? you dreaming dude and so is everyone that follows blindly behind this guy, he cares more about is youtube channel than he does about this forum or the ppl in it so long as ZOS think he is cool and he tows the party line all good huh? bleet bleet little sheep..........jog on

    edited for spelling

    Dude, I've been behind you this entire fiasco, and I'm unhappy enough that I canceled and let ZoS know my displeasure, but this isn't cool man. Even if Alcast were somehow to blame (and I don't see that he is anything but unhappy with what's happened) this doesn't help us convince people we're right, it convinces them we're unreasonable. I want change as much as you do, but this isn't the way to get it.

    not blaming Alcast, personally was told earlier in this thread he was our class rep, i just want to know why we have had no interaction from ANY class rep for almost a year, i just want someone to answer that simple question

    You know, we cannot answer all threads on these forums. It is enough work to read it, and we all have a life that is not tied to eso.

    You volunteered for this as class rep, did you think it was a nebulous honorary position that involved a couple of meetings with ZOS and a thumbsuck 2 liner about the two "pain" points once a month?

    You are representing hundreds of thousands of players from the character class you're supposed to represent. This involves a structured and exhaustive communication process with players to accurately determine those very pain points and their solutions, not a quick forum read to get something down before the class rep meeting. Just because you do a do a job for free does not give you the right to do it without due dilligence.

    Wether ZOS acts on your input or not at least YOU must be sure that you did your absolute best before a fiasco like Update 23 can you HONESTLY say that nothing more could have been done to liase with your community pre-update?

    Have to disagree with you on that. As said, they are doing this stuff for free and they realized, that some of them did too much work for pretty much zero effect. Why should they spend hours on a daily base, if they talk a few hours with the devs each month? In the end, maybe the devs did not even ask for that feedback they gathered. Also they gathered so much feedback during the last year and so much stuff and pain points are still unresolved. So why should they spend hours to collect same feedback again?

    I don't think you get what I'm saying, if you do something, anything, even if it's for free, do it properly. Maybe we just have a different take on life in general.

    Having a defeatist attitude gets no one nowhere.
    Edited by marius_buys on August 14, 2019 10:30AM
  • RebornRequiem
    RebornRequiem
    ✭✭
    Masel wrote: »
    SFDB wrote: »
    Kadoin wrote: »
    @Alcast where has our clas rep been?

    He only comes on the forums to have a good laugh. No one can take most of the forums seriously when it comes to balance or solutions because players always have hidden agendas.

    he is a class rep he may find it funny behind his twitch stream and yuotube fame some of us actually believed the BS about class reps and the fact they spoke for us HE has proven that its ALL a SHAM

    They do relay your feedback, but that doesn't make them your personal megaphone. If you thought the entire point of the class rep program was to pass leadership for game development over to the forums, I want you to look at @Knowledge's threads very closely, and see if you can grasp why that would be a catastrophically bad idea.

    thats not my point, the point is NOBODY from the class rep team has posted on the Sorc thread since Nov 2018 how the F is that in anyway being in "touch" with the community they are ment to represent???????????????

    Maybe it has something to do with the fact that every time a class rep popped up on the boards and asked for feedback, it turned into twenty different tantrums all competing with each other to see who can cry the loudest.

    you joking right? so no class rep convo for sorcs since before NOV 2018+ his justified by that comment?? you dreaming dude and so is everyone that follows blindly behind this guy, he cares more about is youtube channel than he does about this forum or the ppl in it so long as ZOS think he is cool and he tows the party line all good huh? bleet bleet little sheep..........jog on

    edited for spelling

    Dude, I've been behind you this entire fiasco, and I'm unhappy enough that I canceled and let ZoS know my displeasure, but this isn't cool man. Even if Alcast were somehow to blame (and I don't see that he is anything but unhappy with what's happened) this doesn't help us convince people we're right, it convinces them we're unreasonable. I want change as much as you do, but this isn't the way to get it.

    not blaming Alcast, personally was told earlier in this thread he was our class rep, i just want to know why we have had no interaction from ANY class rep for almost a year, i just want someone to answer that simple question

    You know, we cannot answer all threads on these forums. It is enough work to read it, and we all have a life that is not tied to eso.

    You volunteered for this as class rep, did you think it was a nebulous honorary position that involved a couple of meetings with ZOS and a thumbsuck 2 liner about the two "pain" points once a month?

    You are representing hundreds of thousands of players from the character class you're supposed to represent. This involves a structured and exhaustive communication process with players to accurately determine those very pain points and their solutions, not a quick forum read to get something down before the class rep meeting. Just because you do a do a job for free does not give you the right to do it without due dilligence.

    Wether ZOS acts on your input or not at least YOU must be sure that you did your absolute best before a fiasco like Update 23 can you HONESTLY say that nothing more could have been done to liase with your community pre-update?

    Have to disagree with you on that. As said, they are doing this stuff for free and they realized, that some of them did too much work for pretty much zero effect. Why should they spend hours on a daily base, if they talk a few hours with the devs each month? In the end, maybe the devs did not even ask for that feedback they gathered. Also they gathered so much feedback during the last year and so much stuff and pain points are still unresolved. So why should they spend hours to collect same feedback again?

    I don't think you get what I'm saying, if you do something, anything, even if it's for free, do it properly. Maybe we just have a different take on life in general.

    Having a defeatist attitude gets no one nowhere.

    Do it properly, when you get zero acknowledgement for it? Zero appreciation, zero money, only hate from playerbase and critics?
    I would do nothing till the devs told me to do something under such conditions.

    But hey I guess you work happily a 50% job for free, when nobody appreciates your work and if your effort is actually useless or ignored.
  • Cheezits94
    Cheezits94
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like how the OP just ignored the answer from "Sorc Rep" Alcast he so much demanded :D
    Alcast wrote: »
    Random Guy: ALCAST is the Sorc rep!

    And because everything on the internet is true, this is now a fact. :trollface:

    I usually do not reply on the forum because no matter what you say, people will shout at you anyway. But for the sake of god, @marius_buys seems to be having a hard time to live with the changes ZOS made and before his mother is going to call me, I will try to explain.

    Yes we gave feedback to ZOS and if people would follow my social media, they would know I am not at all pleased how things stand with most classes in PvE (I usually give PvE feedback).

    We give FEEDBACK (and yes, like I mentioned I am not happy) and that is it, ZOS is allowed to ignore the feedback 100%. ZOS is in charge of the changes, not the reps.



    If you can't even spell sets, locations and items, you probably have no clue what you even are talking about.

    Tamriel, not Tamerial, Temerial or Tamériál
    Alkosh, not Alkoash
    Dolmen, not Dolman
    Olorime, not Oloramie
    Sorcerer, not Sorceror
  • Michaelkeir
    Michaelkeir
    ✭✭✭
    as i said NO posts in class rep thread from ANYONE since 2018 doing a great job NOT

    You might have missed this point, before, but the Class Reps are now under some pretty strict NDAs. Including some significant drama over that, recently. They're out there, they're taking feedback, if they're not taking feedback from you, maybe go back and reread your posts to see if there's a reason.

    I was going to post this myself. The class reps are under heavy restraint as to what they can post/say on the forums. So yeah blame the devs for that too. Alcast has expressed his concern with sorcs on his channel. Especially them losing their class identity. Doubt the devs would let that fly on the forums. Especially ANY criticism towards the direction they are taking.
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    @Alcast where has our clas rep been?

    He only comes on the forums to have a good laugh. No one can take most of the forums seriously when it comes to balance or solutions because players always have hidden agendas.

    And you think the class reps don't?
    They are essentially elected officials who, in theory, are required to represent all their constituents, but in practice only represent their own interests and those of their powerbase.

    That's why it is important to have a dedicated mag sorc class rep b/c their interests align with our interests far more than, for example, those of some gankblade who ofc wants easy one-shot kills from stealth and therefore loathes b/c they make it more difficult.

    I am pretty sure the Class Rep program is a sham. But nonetheless it is better to have a voice in there than not being represented at all - at least it gives you the chance you will be heard.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    Random Guy: ALCAST is the Sorc rep!

    And because everything on the internet is true, this is now a fact. :trollface:

    I usually do not reply on the forum because no matter what you say, people will shout at you anyway. But for the sake of god, @marius_buys seems to be having a hard time to live with the changes ZOS made and before his mother is going to call me, I will try to explain.

    Yes we gave feedback to ZOS and if people would follow my social media, they would know I am not at all pleased how things stand with most classes in PvE (I usually give PvE feedback).

    We give FEEDBACK (and yes, like I mentioned I am not happy) and that is it, ZOS is allowed to ignore the feedback 100%. ZOS is in charge of the changes, not the reps.



    My mom does indeed want to "have a word" and will you accept a collect call from the Springs Cemetery? She currently has necro as her main and is talking to her class rep in a graveyard near you. Sweet dreams nerf incoming. :trollface:

    So magsorcs have a PvE rep? No wonder I'm doing "swell" in PvP...

    That aside I think you are a fantastic PvE player and obviously committed to the game in general, when you're not streaming minecraft and making let's solo vet dungeon build videos etc. Seriously dude, did you really think ZOS want players to solo vet dungeons? Come on man you probably contributed to that nerf! Use some common sense man or are we just chasing subscribers?

    However the above aside, what PvE does in the luxury of a 2 minute rotation PvP have to do in about 8 seconds as a burst. What "pain point" could even remotely warrant the removal of the magsorcs main buff and heal that was left in for the stamina class as critsurge? I mean why would mag sorcs ever want major sorcery, they already have it in their name right? Yes I am more than slightly perturbed, many of us are.

    More to the point: The fact that very few class reps do not use the official thread to communicate is a bit of a problem. I get that you have no control over that bean counting uber alles parent body, I get that you have an non-disclosure document in place, BUT you need to get OUR input, not just those of the followers on your social media which is mainly PvE driven.

    Final point - I don't blame you personally for anything bud and thank you for your effort but you have to agree that if you have no one looking after petsorcs or magsorcs in PvP, a significant part of the player base is missing from the decision making process which starts at class rep level. Hence the general outcry from the magsorc main community.

    I certainly don't think I, and my mom, are the only ones unhappy about a nerf that just makes absolutely no sense.
    Edited by marius_buys on August 14, 2019 11:20AM
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This became morbid thread
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭
    Seems the representatives do the work for Zenimax by collecting information, they are volunteers with restrictions so it's great for Zenimax obviously. It feels like the whole program is created only for pretending to give the community some power to influence on classes. Now here's your class representatives, we listened their feedback and therefore also the whole community's feedback, now you had your chance for your opinion so you can't afford to whine about coming changes, this is what you ordered so deal with it now. This was little exaggerated, but I can't avoid feeling like that when so many times so many get annoyed, Zenimax gets silent as usual and eventually no one cares anymore.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rake wrote: »
    This became morbid thread

    And the nerfs are cheerful? lol
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems the representatives do the work for Zenimax by collecting information, they are volunteers with restrictions so it's great for Zenimax obviously. It feels like the whole program is created only for pretending to give the community some power to influence on classes. Now here's your class representatives, we listened their feedback and therefore also the whole community's feedback, now you had your chance for your opinion so you can't afford to whine about coming changes, this is what you ordered so deal with it now. This was little exaggerated, but I can't avoid feeling like that when so many times so many get annoyed, Zenimax gets silent as usual and eventually no one cares anymore.

    Yup, why even have class reps if they are not listened to, absolute BS!
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheezits94 wrote: »
    I like how the OP just ignored the answer from "Sorc Rep" Alcast he so much demanded :D
    Alcast wrote: »
    Random Guy: ALCAST is the Sorc rep!

    And because everything on the internet is true, this is now a fact. :trollface:

    I usually do not reply on the forum because no matter what you say, people will shout at you anyway. But for the sake of god, @marius_buys seems to be having a hard time to live with the changes ZOS made and before his mother is going to call me, I will try to explain.

    Yes we gave feedback to ZOS and if people would follow my social media, they would know I am not at all pleased how things stand with most classes in PvE (I usually give PvE feedback).

    We give FEEDBACK (and yes, like I mentioned I am not happy) and that is it, ZOS is allowed to ignore the feedback 100%. ZOS is in charge of the changes, not the reps.



    He’s not listening to any of the points being made here. He’s made the interesting choice to blame community members for development changes he doesn’t like and decided that’s the hill to die on.

    If I were a class rep I wouldn’t engage much with forum posters either, we’re a mostly savage and unreasonable bunch. Actually I’m interested in knowing why anyone would be a class rep knowing you’ll be made a scapegoat for things you have no power over. I know how little integrity zeni has, I wouldn't want my personal or professional reputation tied to their name in any way.
    Edited by Reverb on August 14, 2019 2:21PM
    Armitas wrote: »
    This game is so broken I don't even know how people distinguish CE from negligent development.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Second, your belief that Class Reps actually make decisions about what happens in the game, or . Both are hysterically wrong. Class Reps compile and present feedback to Zeni, who does what they want with it. Class Reps speak to challenges they and the player base are facing, and they speak to the wishlist of changes people have said they want to see. Class Reps don’t compel development.

    Let me say it again, Class Reps don’t compel development. Zeni does what they want. Sometimes taking feedback into account, sometimes not.
    Cheezits94 wrote: »
    I like how the OP just ignored the answer from "Sorc Rep" Alcast he so much demanded :D
    Alcast wrote: »
    Random Guy: ALCAST is the Sorc rep!

    And because everything on the internet is true, this is now a fact. :trollface:

    I usually do not reply on the forum because no matter what you say, people will shout at you anyway. But for the sake of god, @marius_buys seems to be having a hard time to live with the changes ZOS made and before his mother is going to call me, I will try to explain.

    Yes we gave feedback to ZOS and if people would follow my social media, they would know I am not at all pleased how things stand with most classes in PvE (I usually give PvE feedback).

    We give FEEDBACK (and yes, like I mentioned I am not happy) and that is it, ZOS is allowed to ignore the feedback 100%. ZOS is in charge of the changes, not the reps.



    He’s not listening to any of the points being made here. He’s made the interesting choice to blame community members for development changes he doesn’t like and decided that’s the hill to die on.

    If I were a class rep I wouldn’t engage much with forum posters either, we’re a mostly savage and unreasonable bunch. Actually I’m interested in knowing why anyone would be a class rep knowing you’ll be made a scapegoat for things you have no power over. I know how little integrity zeni has, I wouldn't want my personal or professional reputation tied to their name in any way.

    WOW, NO, I AM ABSOLUTELY PRO CLASS REP BUT THEN THE REPS AND ZOS NEEDS TO BUY INTO IT.

    No good having reps that are defeatist.
    No good having a community that allows ZOS to simply ignore class rep input.
    So get active and do something about it, I cancelled my sub, what did you do?
    Good god man, grow a pair, it's OUR game and were not just subservient and addicted pawns to be milked for money.
    Edited by marius_buys on August 14, 2019 11:51AM
  • Cheezits94
    Cheezits94
    ✭✭✭✭
    And it seems you still haven't understood that alcast is not "the sorc rep".
    If you can't even spell sets, locations and items, you probably have no clue what you even are talking about.

    Tamriel, not Tamerial, Temerial or Tamériál
    Alkosh, not Alkoash
    Dolmen, not Dolman
    Olorime, not Oloramie
    Sorcerer, not Sorceror
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheezits94 wrote: »
    And it seems you still haven't understood that alcast is not "the sorc rep".

    He mentioned me and said he provides feedback to ZOS, I spoke to those points in the light of a incommunicado class rep.
    Please dont just scan posts and it seems you still havent understood that my point is that we have a non functional class rep system if they try second guess the community and if ZOS ignore their input anyway. I WANT IT TO WORK, ACTUALLY WORK, not just be a buffer between community anger and nerf/buff decisions made purely on factors that are not in the best interest of the class. We paid money for this, we pay subs for for this, we have our friends here, come on man.
    Edited by marius_buys on August 14, 2019 12:03PM
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    Random Guy: ALCAST is the Sorc rep!

    And because everything on the internet is true, this is now a fact. :trollface:

    I usually do not reply on the forum because no matter what you say, people will shout at you anyway. But for the sake of god, @marius_buys seems to be having a hard time to live with the changes ZOS made and before his mother is going to call me, I will try to explain.

    Yes we gave feedback to ZOS and if people would follow my social media, they would know I am not at all pleased how things stand with most classes in PvE (I usually give PvE feedback).

    We give FEEDBACK (and yes, like I mentioned I am not happy) and that is it, ZOS is allowed to ignore the feedback 100%. ZOS is in charge of the changes, not the reps.



    why should i join YOUR social media for information YOU as a rep should be putting here?
    but thanks for gracing us with your visit look forward to hearing from you in another 10mths or so
  • Shievarei
    Shievarei
    ✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    Random Guy: ALCAST is the Sorc rep!

    And because everything on the internet is true, this is now a fact. :trollface:

    I usually do not reply on the forum because no matter what you say, people will shout at you anyway. But for the sake of god, @marius_buys seems to be having a hard time to live with the changes ZOS made and before his mother is going to call me, I will try to explain.

    Yes we gave feedback to ZOS and if people would follow my social media, they would know I am not at all pleased how things stand with most classes in PvE (I usually give PvE feedback).

    We give FEEDBACK (and yes, like I mentioned I am not happy) and that is it, ZOS is allowed to ignore the feedback 100%. ZOS is in charge of the changes, not the reps.



    why should i join YOUR social media for information YOU as a rep should be putting here?
    but thanks for gracing us with your visit look forward to hearing from you in another 10mths or so

    Because "I don't like the changes" doesn't warrant a forum post maybe.
  • RebornRequiem
    RebornRequiem
    ✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Second, your belief that Class Reps actually make decisions about what happens in the game, or . Both are hysterically wrong. Class Reps compile and present feedback to Zeni, who does what they want with it. Class Reps speak to challenges they and the player base are facing, and they speak to the wishlist of changes people have said they want to see. Class Reps don’t compel development.

    Let me say it again, Class Reps don’t compel development. Zeni does what they want. Sometimes taking feedback into account, sometimes not.
    Cheezits94 wrote: »
    I like how the OP just ignored the answer from "Sorc Rep" Alcast he so much demanded :D
    Alcast wrote: »
    Random Guy: ALCAST is the Sorc rep!

    And because everything on the internet is true, this is now a fact. :trollface:

    I usually do not reply on the forum because no matter what you say, people will shout at you anyway. But for the sake of god, @marius_buys seems to be having a hard time to live with the changes ZOS made and before his mother is going to call me, I will try to explain.

    Yes we gave feedback to ZOS and if people would follow my social media, they would know I am not at all pleased how things stand with most classes in PvE (I usually give PvE feedback).

    We give FEEDBACK (and yes, like I mentioned I am not happy) and that is it, ZOS is allowed to ignore the feedback 100%. ZOS is in charge of the changes, not the reps.



    He’s not listening to any of the points being made here. He’s made the interesting choice to blame community members for development changes he doesn’t like and decided that’s the hill to die on.

    If I were a class rep I wouldn’t engage much with forum posters either, we’re a mostly savage and unreasonable bunch. Actually I’m interested in knowing why anyone would be a class rep knowing you’ll be made a scapegoat for things you have no power over. I know how little integrity zeni has, I wouldn't want my personal or professional reputation tied to their name in any way.

    WOW, NO, I AM ABSOLUTELY PRO CLASS REP BUT THEN THE REPS AND ZOS NEEDS TO BUY INTO IT.

    No good having reps that are defeatist.
    No good having a community that allows ZOS to simply ignore class rep input.
    So get active and do something about it, I cancelled my sub, what did you do?
    Good god man, grow a pair, it's OUR game and were not just subservient and addicted pawns to be milked for money.

    The only thing you can do is become class rep yourself, if you care that much. But for that, you need to be an exceptional and knowledgeable player from NA.

    Everything else is pretty futile. ZOS doesnt care about your subscription nor about this thread. Pushing this topic again and again wont help you get heared by ZOS. Your influence on the game and its changes or on the program are even less then the reps influence.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    Random Guy: ALCAST is the Sorc rep!

    And because everything on the internet is true, this is now a fact. :trollface:

    I usually do not reply on the forum because no matter what you say, people will shout at you anyway. But for the sake of god, @marius_buys seems to be having a hard time to live with the changes ZOS made and before his mother is going to call me, I will try to explain.

    Yes we gave feedback to ZOS and if people would follow my social media, they would know I am not at all pleased how things stand with most classes in PvE (I usually give PvE feedback).

    We give FEEDBACK (and yes, like I mentioned I am not happy) and that is it, ZOS is allowed to ignore the feedback 100%. ZOS is in charge of the changes, not the reps.



    why should i join YOUR social media for information YOU as a rep should be putting here?
    but thanks for gracing us with your visit look forward to hearing from you in another 10mths or so

    Are you the authority on what class reps should do?
    Armitas wrote: »
    This game is so broken I don't even know how people distinguish CE from negligent development.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Alcast wrote: »
    Random Guy: ALCAST is the Sorc rep!

    And because everything on the internet is true, this is now a fact. :trollface:

    I usually do not reply on the forum because no matter what you say, people will shout at you anyway. But for the sake of god, @marius_buys seems to be having a hard time to live with the changes ZOS made and before his mother is going to call me, I will try to explain.

    Yes we gave feedback to ZOS and if people would follow my social media, they would know I am not at all pleased how things stand with most classes in PvE (I usually give PvE feedback).

    We give FEEDBACK (and yes, like I mentioned I am not happy) and that is it, ZOS is allowed to ignore the feedback 100%. ZOS is in charge of the changes, not the reps.



    why should i join YOUR social media for information YOU as a rep should be putting here?
    but thanks for gracing us with your visit look forward to hearing from you in another 10mths or so

    Are you the authority on what class reps should do?

    So zero communication foster good knowledge of whats going on in the community? The magsorcs might disagree.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Alcast wrote: »
    Random Guy: ALCAST is the Sorc rep!

    And because everything on the internet is true, this is now a fact. :trollface:

    I usually do not reply on the forum because no matter what you say, people will shout at you anyway. But for the sake of god, @marius_buys seems to be having a hard time to live with the changes ZOS made and before his mother is going to call me, I will try to explain.

    Yes we gave feedback to ZOS and if people would follow my social media, they would know I am not at all pleased how things stand with most classes in PvE (I usually give PvE feedback).

    We give FEEDBACK (and yes, like I mentioned I am not happy) and that is it, ZOS is allowed to ignore the feedback 100%. ZOS is in charge of the changes, not the reps.



    why should i join YOUR social media for information YOU as a rep should be putting here?
    but thanks for gracing us with your visit look forward to hearing from you in another 10mths or so

    Are you the authority on what class reps should do?

    nope just highlighting what they are not doing :)
  • Shievarei
    Shievarei
    ✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Alcast wrote: »
    Random Guy: ALCAST is the Sorc rep!

    And because everything on the internet is true, this is now a fact. :trollface:

    I usually do not reply on the forum because no matter what you say, people will shout at you anyway. But for the sake of god, @marius_buys seems to be having a hard time to live with the changes ZOS made and before his mother is going to call me, I will try to explain.

    Yes we gave feedback to ZOS and if people would follow my social media, they would know I am not at all pleased how things stand with most classes in PvE (I usually give PvE feedback).

    We give FEEDBACK (and yes, like I mentioned I am not happy) and that is it, ZOS is allowed to ignore the feedback 100%. ZOS is in charge of the changes, not the reps.



    why should i join YOUR social media for information YOU as a rep should be putting here?
    but thanks for gracing us with your visit look forward to hearing from you in another 10mths or so

    Are you the authority on what class reps should do?

    nope just highlighting what they are not doing :)

    You should tell him on his Discord. :D
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shievarei wrote: »
    Reverb wrote: »
    Alcast wrote: »
    Random Guy: ALCAST is the Sorc rep!

    And because everything on the internet is true, this is now a fact. :trollface:

    I usually do not reply on the forum because no matter what you say, people will shout at you anyway. But for the sake of god, @marius_buys seems to be having a hard time to live with the changes ZOS made and before his mother is going to call me, I will try to explain.

    Yes we gave feedback to ZOS and if people would follow my social media, they would know I am not at all pleased how things stand with most classes in PvE (I usually give PvE feedback).

    We give FEEDBACK (and yes, like I mentioned I am not happy) and that is it, ZOS is allowed to ignore the feedback 100%. ZOS is in charge of the changes, not the reps.



    why should i join YOUR social media for information YOU as a rep should be putting here?
    but thanks for gracing us with your visit look forward to hearing from you in another 10mths or so

    Are you the authority on what class reps should do?

    nope just highlighting what they are not doing :)

    You should tell him on his Discord. :D

    Is that the official forum? Nope
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shievarei wrote: »
    Reverb wrote: »
    Alcast wrote: »
    Random Guy: ALCAST is the Sorc rep!

    And because everything on the internet is true, this is now a fact. :trollface:

    I usually do not reply on the forum because no matter what you say, people will shout at you anyway. But for the sake of god, @marius_buys seems to be having a hard time to live with the changes ZOS made and before his mother is going to call me, I will try to explain.

    Yes we gave feedback to ZOS and if people would follow my social media, they would know I am not at all pleased how things stand with most classes in PvE (I usually give PvE feedback).

    We give FEEDBACK (and yes, like I mentioned I am not happy) and that is it, ZOS is allowed to ignore the feedback 100%. ZOS is in charge of the changes, not the reps.



    why should i join YOUR social media for information YOU as a rep should be putting here?
    but thanks for gracing us with your visit look forward to hearing from you in another 10mths or so

    Are you the authority on what class reps should do?

    nope just highlighting what they are not doing :)

    You should tell him on his Discord. :D

    why this is the ESO forum so i'll tell them here
    Edited by Alienoutlaw on August 14, 2019 12:15PM
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Alcast wrote: »
    Random Guy: ALCAST is the Sorc rep!

    And because everything on the internet is true, this is now a fact. :trollface:

    I usually do not reply on the forum because no matter what you say, people will shout at you anyway. But for the sake of god, @marius_buys seems to be having a hard time to live with the changes ZOS made and before his mother is going to call me, I will try to explain.

    Yes we gave feedback to ZOS and if people would follow my social media, they would know I am not at all pleased how things stand with most classes in PvE (I usually give PvE feedback).

    We give FEEDBACK (and yes, like I mentioned I am not happy) and that is it, ZOS is allowed to ignore the feedback 100%. ZOS is in charge of the changes, not the reps.



    why should i join YOUR social media for information YOU as a rep should be putting here?
    but thanks for gracing us with your visit look forward to hearing from you in another 10mths or so

    Are you the authority on what class reps should do?

    nope just highlighting what they are not doing :)

    In the context of what you think they should be doing, which you’ve acknowledged isn’t an expectation you have authority to set.

    Zeni has made a pot of posts on the role of class reps. Including specifying that while they specialize in some areas, none of them represent a specific class. Nowhere did zeni set the expectation that class reps interact with us in the forums (hell zeni hasn’t even set the expectation that their employees interact with the community on their forums, of course they don’t expect it from their volunteers). People are inventing class reps’ responsibilities then getting upset that the reps aren’t meeting them, you included.
    Edited by Reverb on August 14, 2019 12:31PM
    Armitas wrote: »
    This game is so broken I don't even know how people distinguish CE from negligent development.
  • RebornRequiem
    RebornRequiem
    ✭✭
    Guys stop criticising the people, who do free work for this game. They all have their own way to do it and some get their feedback from much more reliable sources than then forum.

    Alcast as the role model of end game raiding surely does not need the feedback regarding PvE from the forum, when he is in contact with the best of the best raiders of the game. Same goes for people representing the classes in PvP, they have their „endgame“ guilds ready for feedback. They got much more valuable feedback from guilds like legend NA and EU or Aether than from the forum, where even nobodies and people with almost no knowledge can write.

    They all got much more valuable resources ready then the few „official“ threads here on the forum. Dont worry, they will do the job theor own way and with the amount of effort they see fit. And this is probably the best for the program.
This discussion has been closed.