Maintenance for the week of August 19:
• ESO Website for maintenance – August 22, 7:00AM EDT (11:00 UTC)

People without Elsweyr are creating and playing with Necromancers

  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »
    Jeremy wrote: »
    I would not consider this an exploit.

    I can create a Warden now on my account. Yet I never purchased Morrowind or purchased the skill line from the crown store. ...

    May have missed it, but did ZOS add Warden to the main game
    or is this your way of saying that the bug extends to both of the purchasable classes?

    Warden is still showing as a purchased Class upgrade when viewing the Crown Shop from here

    I think it may have been an addition to me pre-ordering Summerset. But I'm not really sure how I got access to it to be honest. Who knows, it might be a bug also.
    Edited by Jeremy on August 12, 2019 6:49PM
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Itacira wrote: »
    If so, why report it ?

    Because its a serious bug with ZOS' new content, and we're required by the TOS to report and then not exploit bugs?

    For those of us who aren't ZOS employees, please tell us where this would be clear this is obviously a 'serious bug' .. given ZOS' excellent Q&A department presumably signed off on this release I would consider it a new 'feature' until proben otherwise and NOT report it.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Oh, fixing this is going to be ugly. If they delete necromancer characters that were created by people who don't own Elsweyr then those people are going to be pissed. If they don't delete necromancer characters that were created by people who don't own Elsweyr then people who bought Elsweyr primarily for the necromancer class are going to be pissed.

    Damn skippy but I can't wait for the " I withdrew 2 million gold on my Necro and you guys deleted it" Threads

    Not to mention the "I created a necromancer and 10 minutes later you deleted it. Where's my compensation?" threads.

    If I were ZOS and I received loads of complaints from players who claimed they had invested several hours into raising these characters to CP 810 only to have them deleted, the first thing I'd do would be to cross-refer them to a list of those players who have claimed the game is "literally unplayable" :wink: !
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »
    Samadhi wrote: »
    Jeremy wrote: »
    I would not consider this an exploit.

    I can create a Warden now on my account. Yet I never purchased Morrowind or purchased the skill line from the crown store. ...

    May have missed it, but did ZOS add Warden to the main game
    or is this your way of saying that the bug extends to both of the purchasable classes?

    Warden is still showing as a purchased Class upgrade when viewing the Crown Shop from here

    I think it may have been an addition to me pre-ordering Summerset. But I'm not really sure how I got access to it to be honest. Who knows, it might be a bug also.

    FAQ seems to still list Warden as not being covered with ESO Plus, and does not mention Summerset
    The Warden class is available for Crowns in the in-game Crown Store and is not included with your ESO Plus membership. You can find the Warden under Upgrades in the Class section.
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42053/~/do-i-get-the-warden-class-if-i-have-eso-plus?

    but it has not been updated since February, so @ZOS_GinaBruno may want to have the team look into either updating the FAQ or checking if Warden is not facing the same bug as Necromancer
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see what ZOS does...

    Delete the toons and temp ban the accounts. Might seem severe but I'm not a fan of the "my exploiting is ZOS's fault" attitude.
    Yes temp banning players who are returning and havent played the game for awhile and don't know that necromancers are part of paid content. Smart.

    Just to confirm, we won't be deleting the characters or banning accounts for this.

    Smart move on your company's part I'd say.
  • Jagdkommando
    Jagdkommando
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_JesC wrote: »
    Greetings, we've removed a few nonconstructive comments, this is a friendly reminder to remain constructive and on topic when posting. Thank you.

    Remind friendly and constructive? Ahahhahaha we have been asking to fix many bugs since 4 years ago, you still have those on, and on top of that after new update you bring this new bugs, have you ever test those simple things??? Like “ ok we made this update lets try to create a simple character” you not even test this....
    @ZOS_JesC
    Just admit guys, you suck....
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I believe, this issue has been fixed not allowing anymore to create Necro without Eslweyr
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was wondering if any new bugs would surface with the implementation of the new dlc today. Can't blame players for taking advantage of creating a Necromancer without owning Elsweyr. The bug was created by ZOS so they can't blame anyone but themselves. If you leave an opening folks will take advantage of it. ZOS ignores many bugs but you can count on them being jiffy on the spot fixing this one. If you think about it's pretty funny. I paid for the Elsweyr expansion and am still laughing.
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    Samadhi wrote: »
    bakermir wrote: »
    What do you mean "bug"?


    I just created and invested so much in my necromancer, I assumed this was free with new patch as a feature.

    well, hopefully when you pay to unlock access to the class you will be able to continue on with your experience :)
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see what ZOS does...

    Delete the toons and temp ban the accounts. Might seem severe but I'm not a fan of the "my exploiting is ZOS's fault" attitude.
    Yes temp banning players who are returning and havent played the game for awhile and don't know that necromancers are part of paid content. Smart.

    Just to confirm, we won't be deleting the characters or banning accounts for this.

    locking access to characters for people who have not purchased at the very least?
    or is this going to be another example of you guys telling us that as long as we exploit fast and quiet it will be allowed going forward as it has been in the past?

    Welcome to the real world where answers aren't black and white or perfect. The best solution is to let people keep their characters because every day there are new players and every day people create new characters. A lot of people play the game. Why would a new player to the game know all the classes that are supposed to be available? It is far more important to not frustrate the people who didn't know any better than to penalize those who jump on to exploit.

    You are choosing to only consider the impact on encouraging exploiters. That is only one consideration. Especially for something like this that is so easy to do without realizing it is an exploit. Isn't it a free ESO+ trial? As far as they know, it is part of the trial, just like access to DLC skill line--which you get to keep after the trial is over.

    The ESO plus trial does not give you access to any expansions like Elsweyr only the DLC's. You need the Elsweyr expansion for the Necro class. Most likely was the new dlc that created the bug.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So, is this sanctioned until they fix it? I have an account without Elswey (yet) that can benefit from this.... what to do....

    Well, not really. We've already hotfixed the issue.

    oh good, it is hotfixed

    anyone know if the characters have been locked or are still accessible?
    ZOS has rules that they won't tell us,
    but would be interested from other players who already do not support this game financially if this is a good example of reason for me to join you
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • lordrichter
    lordrichter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, is this sanctioned until they fix it? I have an account without Elswey (yet) that can benefit from this.... what to do....

    Well, not really. We've already hotfixed the issue.

    :cry:


    :smiley:
    PC North America since March 2014
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say NO to Crown Crates!
    I collect free, unopened, virgin Crown Crates! 331, so far!

  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »
    Jeremy wrote: »
    Samadhi wrote: »
    Jeremy wrote: »
    I would not consider this an exploit.

    I can create a Warden now on my account. Yet I never purchased Morrowind or purchased the skill line from the crown store. ...

    May have missed it, but did ZOS add Warden to the main game
    or is this your way of saying that the bug extends to both of the purchasable classes?

    Warden is still showing as a purchased Class upgrade when viewing the Crown Shop from here

    I think it may have been an addition to me pre-ordering Summerset. But I'm not really sure how I got access to it to be honest. Who knows, it might be a bug also.

    FAQ seems to still list Warden as not being covered with ESO Plus, and does not mention Summerset
    The Warden class is available for Crowns in the in-game Crown Store and is not included with your ESO Plus membership. You can find the Warden under Upgrades in the Class section.
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42053/~/do-i-get-the-warden-class-if-i-have-eso-plus?

    but it has not been updated since February, so @ZOS_GinaBruno may want to have the team look into either updating the FAQ or checking if Warden is not facing the same bug as Necromancer

    I've had access to Warden for many months now so I don't think it had anything to do with the current issue regarding necromancer. I think it was added to the Summerset package. But this exchange between you and I certainly makes the point that classes become available to players on this game through a variety of means. So for a player to assume that may have been what happened here isn't at all unreasonable.
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    Samadhi wrote: »
    J2JMC wrote: »
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Oh, fixing this is going to be ugly. If they delete necromancer characters that were created by people who don't own Elsweyr then those people are going to be pissed. If they don't delete necromancer characters that were created by people who don't own Elsweyr then people who bought Elsweyr primarily for the necromancer class are going to be pissed.

    I'm not going to be mad at someone getting free access to the necromancer class if they didn't intentionally exploit. Good for them. ...

    Is there any way to knowingly create a character class that you never purchased legitimate access to, and not be intentionally exploiting?
    like...are you taking the position that someone is going to meaningfully attempt to argue that they thought the new patch simply gave everyone access to the latest locked class just because ZOS is so generous?

    People can definitely do that without it being an intentional exploit. Many people don't read up on changes to the game. For example, one day, some people didn't have access to BGs. Then, all of a sudden, they did.

    Yeah, and some people don't spend all their free time on the forums, they spend the time they have playing the game.

    Reminds me of that one time on Warframe where I asked on the forum what happened if watching the live stream on Steam had bugged, as there was supposedly a reward from watching. Turns out, simply attempting to watch long enough was ok. But I got s***stormed because I was supposedly "well aware" that I had to watch it on twitch or mixer for the reward, that I had no right to a reward if I didn't meet the requirements, and other pointless arguments. The fact is, Steam announced the stream /reward thing only a few hours before it happened, while the whole thing had been announced on Twitter / official website weeks prior. And the previous announcement never mentionned anything about Steam. Maybe it was a last moment thing, I don't know, but it was explicitely mentionned that it would work, and it did. Well, the reward thing did, the stream was bugged most of the time, and I might get around creating a twitch account next time, assuming I don't get the ingo 10 minutes before the actual event starts ^^'

    The point of the story ? People who spend their time on the website, forums, twitter and whatnot may be aware of alot of things, but not everyone does, and it'sperfectly plausibkle to miss an important information if you mostly play the game. And sometimes, not in the case of the non legit necromancers that is our focus today, but sometimes, people who think they know better because they spend so much time keeping themselves informed still. don't. know. squid.
    max_only wrote: »
    Bosmers sneaking past all the dangers in the woods. Come upon a cultist doing a ritual? Sneak past. Come upon a brigand ambush? Sneak past. Come upon a mighty beast? Sneak past. The feeling of “yesssss” when you can squeeze by in tight spaces unnoticed. Sometimes I’m able to take what I need from right under their noses.
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Palidon wrote: »
    Was wondering if any new bugs would surface with the implementation of the new dlc today. Can't blame players for taking advantage of creating a Necromancer without owning Elsweyr. The bug was created by ZOS so they can't blame anyone but themselves. If you leave an opening folks will take advantage of it. ZOS ignores many bugs but you can count on them being jiffy on the spot fixing this one. If you think about it's pretty funny. I paid for the Elsweyr expansion and am still laughing.

    Do you remember pinky swearing you wouldn't exploit bugs? It's called the terms & conditions.
    With love or whatever,
    Grumpy Kath


    Blabla 14 max level chars, 4 lowbie. Every class. Whatevah. I can heal, I can DPS as long as I can dance and if you have no expectations at all I can be your tank.

    #ElderScrollsOffline
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »
    bakermir wrote: »
    What do you mean "bug"?


    I just created and invested so much in my necromancer, I assumed this was free with new patch as a feature.

    well, hopefully when you pay to unlock access to the class you will be able to continue on with your experience :)
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see what ZOS does...

    Delete the toons and temp ban the accounts. Might seem severe but I'm not a fan of the "my exploiting is ZOS's fault" attitude.
    Yes temp banning players who are returning and havent played the game for awhile and don't know that necromancers are part of paid content. Smart.

    Just to confirm, we won't be deleting the characters or banning accounts for this.

    locking access to characters for people who have not purchased at the very least?
    or is this going to be another example of you guys telling us that as long as we exploit fast and quiet it will be allowed going forward as it has been in the past?

    This is precisely what annoys me.

    We see it every time ZOS has to deal with a major exploit. Players going "Oh, its ZOS' fault, so its okay if we abuse it."

    Sometimes that leads lots of players to abuse the bug, only to get hit with the banhammer once ZOS decides this is the exploit they are going to punish. Examples: Asylum Sanctorium, Imperial City exp

    Sometimes players abuse it and get to keep their rewards even though an ounce of common sense would make it clear it was a bug. Examples: 1st Onyx berry granting the Onyx indrik, keeping the Coldharbor house bought for 1 Crown. And now, keeping your Necromancers.

    All that the latter does is encourage players who find a bug that gives them a reward to abuse it as quickly as possible and then deny "Oh, I totally thought it was intended!" and pray ZOS doesnt take it away.

    It encourages players to take their chances with ZOS, hoping to get the rewards of abusing bugs while diminishing their expectation that ZOS will actually enforce the TOS and CoC, which makes it feel all the more unfair when ZOS rightfully does enforce it.

    Yeah, inconsistency is the bane of rule enforcement

    on the plus side, we have not yet gotten to the point where ZOS is doing lopsided enforcement based on race
    All Redguard Necromancers deleted, all Altmer Necromancers allowed to stay sort of thing
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • J2JMC
    J2JMC
    ✭✭✭✭
    You know I made a snarky comment earlier about how quick ZOS responded to what I thought was a harmless bug, but clearly I was wrong. Ya'll out here in full force trying to get the new characters locked lmao. Clearly this is a game breaking bug, and I'm glad ZOS made sure it was handled before it got out of control and ruined everything.
    Allow customization of controls on ps4

    Knee Jerk, L2P, Obtuse, Casual, Entitled, All The Best, unnecessary mention of CoD

    Crafterblade named "Racial Passives"
    MagickaPveblade named "Heal Me More"
    Tankcro named "Paytowyn"

    Battle leveling for pve content defeats the idea of progression

    Why would an mmo have group content in dlc? That's crazy talk.

    "Apparently the players are more informed than we are"-Richard Lambert

  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    Community Ambassador
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Azorean wrote: »
    Probably they won't delete the chars but will lock them until you have Elsweyr Chapter in your account.
    Actually you're right, that might be the best way to handle it.
    Agreed, this would be the logical solution. Necromancer is likely considered a separate "upgrade" to Elsweyr in the same way that Warden is separate from Morrowind, so it should be technically easy to lock off access to a Necro character if the Necro upgrade is not attached to that account.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
Sign In or Register to comment.