The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templars PvP - Detailed Guide, Suggestions, Advice, etc. - Elsweyr

• EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    I vd was talking with a buddy, he brought up desert rose and pariah with infused spd jewelry and an offensive monster. Can't wait to see him on action

Pariah has long been a set where you can wear light armor as jewelry is obtainable in arcane. I was using it long before you could obtain all different kinds of weapons. At that time, you went with a heavy chest, 3 jewelry, and a weapon if you wanted to 5l 1h 1m.

I switched to Pirate skelly as bleeds ignored resistances. But now that they don’t anymore, it’s a solid set.

I actually preferred it on stamina since pariah really shines with hot type sustain. Fury/ pariah is a blast.
    I vd was talking with a buddy, he brought up desert rose and pariah with infused spd jewelry and an offensive monster. Can't wait to see him on action

Shhhh don't give things away ;)

Great minds
    Options
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭

Pariah has long been a set where you can wear light armor as jewelry is obtainable in arcane. I was using it long before you could obtain all different kinds of weapons. At that time, you went with a heavy chest, 3 jewelry, and a weapon if you wanted to 5l 1h 1m.

I switched to Pirate skelly as bleeds ignored resistances. But now that they don’t anymore, it’s a solid set.

I actually preferred it on stamina since pariah really shines with hot type sustain. Fury/ pariah is a blast.

Great minds

Pariah going to be great with new healing ward ;).
    Now my build is out lol.
    Options
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which would you say works better on magplar pariah or steadfast hero
    Edited by Syiccal on August 7, 2019 6:54AM
    Options
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I started using wizards again (double barred) forgot how strong this set is defensively
    Options
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I tried running spinners, pariah, and valkyn in no-CP. It had great burst but I struggled with resources over the longer fights.
    Options
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭

Great minds

Now my build is out lol.
    The_Lex wrote: »
    I tried running spinners, pariah, and valkyn in no-CP. It had great burst but I struggled with resources over the longer fights.

I have 2k Regen in addition to channeled focus ;)
    Options
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Great minds

Now my build is out lol.
    The_Lex wrote: »

I have 2k Regen in addition to channeled focus ;)

That's great regen! I'll probably race change to Breton or Imperial and try it again.
    Options
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »

Probably steadfast. You can backbar and then slot offense on front. But it is only 50% uptime.
    Options
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably steadfast. You can backbar and then slot offense on front. But it is only 50% uptime.

Yea I found it to be good In 1v1 but outnumbered the downtime really hurts
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I am sitting here looking at a AO focused frontbar and comparing the lightning staff and 2her in build editor and I notice, sweeps goes down from 3443 to 3318 which is nominal, but effective spell power drops from over 9k to mid 7k. I suppose it makes sense from a raw stat perspective.

What I am wondering though; is it better to have the better light attack damage or the better raw stats as I still have entropy that will be ticking from the backbar, and you can do that heavy attack into crescent.
    Options
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    So I am sitting here looking at a AO focused frontbar and comparing the lightning staff and 2her in build editor and I notice, sweeps goes down from 3443 to 3318 which is nominal, but effective spell power drops from over 9k to mid 7k. I suppose it makes sense from a raw stat perspective.

What I am wondering though; is it better to have the better light attack damage or the better raw stats as I still have entropy that will be ticking from the backbar, and you can do that heavy attack into crescent.

Been there and done the testing, it's much better to have the light att weave than an extra bit of tool tip dmg
    Options
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭

If you want to troll, both at the same time are wonderful (with ice staff is fantastic lol). You recover magicka heavy attacking while steadfast is Up, when is down i go full offensive and repeat. When ultimate had Major protection too, steadfast was a pain in the ass lol
    Options
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

Been there and done the testing, it's much better to have the light att weave than an extra bit of tool tip dmg

We did the tests and it was determined lighting light attacks weren't that far off from 2h. This is because lighting heavy is more DmG while being undodgeable and to compensate they reduced the light attack.

There's also little issues like reflective light dot is buffed by fire staff according to the editor.
    Options
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reflective light is a strange one, the Initial hit is buffed by lightning staff but the single target element is buffed by flame
    Options
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There are some interesting builds in this discussion.

I'll be swapping out one set and ulti on my Stamplar (more than a year with no changes) and swapping out one skill and one morph on my Magplar. I was worried about the skill restructuring in Updates 22 and 23, but for the keep-buster and large scale fights I enjoy, I think I still have solid builds :)
    Options
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    therift wrote: »

I'll be swapping out one set and ulti on my Stamplar (more than a year with no changes) and swapping out one skill and one morph on my Magplar. I was worried about the skill restructuring in Updates 22 and 23, but for the keep-buster and large scale fights I enjoy, I think I still have solid builds :)

I think we will need to redo this thread come next patch lol.
    Options
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the benefits of Lightning Staff is the Concussed debuff (and Off-Balance with WoE). It was also one of the selling points of Overwhelming which they completely gutted as far as I'm concerned :'(
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
    Options
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I found myself reluctant to give up secrets. Swapping Ravager for Fury on Stamplar seems obvious. Nobody runs my Magplar build... one of the sets has a unique indicator that I haven't seen on opponents... but there are several ingenious builds posted recently that share the same idea.

Really excited about Eclipse change. It's like ZoS read my mind
    Options
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    One of the benefits of Lightning Staff is the Concussed debuff (and Off-Balance with WoE). It was also one of the selling points of Overwhelming which they completely gutted as far as I'm concerned :'(

not against shields ;)
    Options
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭

I found myself reluctant to give up secrets. Swapping Ravager for Fury on Stamplar seems obvious. Nobody runs my Magplar build... one of the sets has a unique indicator that I haven't seen on opponents... but there are several ingenious builds posted recently that share the same idea.

in general the pvp section is kinda free from dev review lol.
    Options
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Re our earlier discussion of Ravager, I was reminded that Razor Caltrops is updated to give major fracture. So 4 seconds in caltrops gives full Ravager proc.

Edit fixed the debuff I originally listed
    Edited by Kartalin on August 7, 2019 2:44PM
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
    Options
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

PvErs think the Devs get all their insight here :smiley:

On Ravager, I'm thinking it may be such a struggle to force the proc that Fury, despite the slightly lower max stack damage bonus, will perform better. Granted, the actual damage bonus will rarely hit the maximum, but my untested hypothesis is that variable damage bonus that procs passively will grant more damage over the course of a large scale fight than Ravager's occasional bonus.

That may be true only in the types of fights I prefer. It wouldn't be true in small scale or 1v1. I'll have to try both when console gets the Update to know.

Fury/Coward's/Bloodspawn. Major Expedition and Major Protection in a stam recovery set is too good to pass up
    Options
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

On Ravager, I'm thinking it may be such a struggle to force the proc that Fury, despite the slightly lower max stack damage bonus, will perform better. Granted, the actual damage bonus will rarely hit the maximum, but my untested hypothesis is that variable damage bonus that procs passively will grant more damage over the course of a large scale fight than Ravager's occasional bonus.

That may be true only in the types of fights I prefer. It wouldn't be true in small scale or 1v1. I'll have to try both when console gets the Update to know.

Fury/Coward's/Bloodspawn. Major Expedition and Major Protection in a stam recovery set is too good to pass up

Fury, only if you're bathing or front line I'd imagine.
    If you're part of a group that's just running through zergs or packing people up before they do anything then Ravager seems better, but then again, doesn't there come a point where something as basic as Hundings jumps the two as well?
    Edited by BNOC on August 7, 2019 3:16PM
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
    Options
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »

If you're part of a group that's just running through zergs or packing people up before they do anything then Ravager seems better, but then again, doesn't there come a point where something as basic as Hundings jumps the two as well?

I'd rather have the max Health bonus from Ravager or Fury over the small extra Crit from Hundings. You're correct, I'm usually at the tip of the spear and getting pounded, so I think I can rely on a fair number of Fury stacks... especially since my group typically fights opponent groups whom we know well. I'm one of the ones who gets targeted for extra love, just as I know the opponent names who should be prioritized. Besides, my Outfit is fairly easy to identify... and remember.
    Options
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

not against shields ;)

Shattering Blows is always there if you need the help against shield users :)

Addicted to that 10% dmg boost from Off-Balance
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
    Options
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭

not against shields ;)

no im saying the status effect from lighting doesnt proc if the dmg hit a shield. That happens for all status effect procs.
    Options
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »

I'd rather have the max Health bonus from Ravager or Fury over the small extra Crit from Hundings. You're correct, I'm usually at the tip of the spear and getting pounded, so I think I can rely on a fair number of Fury stacks... especially since my group typically fights opponent groups whom we know well. I'm one of the ones who gets targeted for extra love, just as I know the opponent names who should be prioritized. Besides, my Outfit is fairly easy to identify... and remember.

Fair fair, I know a thing or two about being targeted haha! When it comes to BG's and duelling I'd be interested to see how Ravager v Hundings fared. TTK can be so low on a heavy hitter so I wonder if you'd benefit more from the flat stats than the 8% proc.

Either way for all of this stuff, it's not one rule for all opponents so it's neither here nor there really - Where you gain in X, you'll lose in Y and vice versa.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
    Options
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you Stamplars in here not considering Automaton as a Ravager replacement?!

That’s my plan.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
    Options
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

not against shields ;)

no im saying the status effect from lighting doesnt proc if the dmg hit a shield. That happens for all status effect procs.

This used to be the case but I'm pretty sure this was changed with Elsweyr
    Options
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭

not against shields ;)

This used to be the case but I'm pretty sure this was changed with Elsweyr

Someone on the class discord said otherwise lol
    Options