The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templars PvP - Detailed Guide, Suggestions, Advice, etc. - Elsweyr

• No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    Methariorn wrote: »
    Buffer of the swift + temporal guard on s/b bar it's a 18% damage reduction 100% up even when 2H ultime or corrosive run; gotta do some test with a friend of mine if brass in any better (maybe in most situations vs potato spamming random skills yes).

10%*8%. So if a 15k attack is hit, its dropped to 6210. Which is 17.2% dmg reduction (have to include 50% battlesprit).
    If someone had 8% minor vuln, its nullifying 8% off swift so the dmg reduced is actually 9.84% if facing sorcs/shock enchants/ele weapon spam lol.
    Options
  • Methariorn
    Methariorn
    ✭✭✭
    Crap I alway forgot about the shock glyph.....
    Methariorn sorc EU server AD
    Acciughina NB EU server AD
    Aiacos Templar EU server AD
    Sevoltan DK EU server AD
    Options
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So here is the basics for Templars next patch.

Aedric Spear
    • Puncturing Strikes got a buff to cost of ability. v5.1.0
    • Puncturing Strikes got a nerf to camera revert to pre-Murkmire. v5.1.1
    • Spear Shards got a buff to cost of ability. v5.1.0
    • Spear Shards got a nerf to damage by 37% - Additional nerf to Blazing Spear by 42% v5.1.0
    • Spear Wall (Passive) got a buff to duration 3/6 seconds. v5.1.0

Dawn's Wrath
    • Eclipse was reworked, but according to @Cinbri this skill is not functioning as intended on PTS (linked below). v5.1.0
    • Living Dark got a healing nerf by 55%. v5.1.1
    • Dark Flare got a damage buff by 4%. v5.1.0
    • Solar Barrage got a damage nerf by 33%.
    • Sunfire got a buff to cost of ability. v5.1.0
    • Sunfire got a damage buff by 17% for DoT, but got a damage nerf by 17% to initial hit. v5.1.0
    • Backlash got a healing nerf by 29%. v5.1.0
    • Cleansing Ritual got a healing buff by 95%. v5.1.0
    • Cleansing Ritual got a nerf to cost of ability. v5.1.0

So, altogether Templar received 7 buffs (mostly skill costs, a damage increase of 4% and 17% and healing of 95% to Ritual which is still below par being at 2s tick intervals vs 1s tick intervals) and 8 nerfs (4 nerfs were reduced by 17%-39%, 2 were above 40% reduction).

Call me crazy but I don't think Templars got much love, again. Some love, but not much.

But... we do have a cleanse going into the dot meta. So 8/8 with a pretty nice buff by proxy.
    Options
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neoauspex wrote: »

Aedric Spear
    • Spear Shards got a nerf to damage by 37% - Additional nerf to Blazing Spear by 42% v5.1.0

Dawn's Wrath
    • Eclipse was reworked, but according to @Cinbri this skill is not functioning as intended on PTS (linked below). v5.1.0
    • Sunfire got a damage buff by 17% for DoT, but got a damage nerf by 17% to initial hit. v5.1.0

So, altogether Templar received 7 buffs (mostly skill costs, a damage increase of 4% and 17% and healing of 95% to Ritual which is still below par being at 2s tick intervals vs 1s tick intervals) and 8 nerfs (4 nerfs were reduced by 17%-39%, 2 were above 40% reduction).

Call me crazy but I don't think Templars got much love, again. Some love, but not much.

But... we do have a cleanse going into the dot meta. So 8/8 with a pretty nice buff by proxy.

Yess....but I cannot even in good conscience say that it will do much come next patch. With the reduction to a lot of these DoT costs (and no immunity timer from being reapplied) the increased cost to Cleanse is going to perform far worse than it did before...
    As a Stamplar, I have approx 12-13K Mag. This gives me only two chances to Cleanse negative effects sequentially. Mind you:
    1. Negative effects that are cleansed are not prioratized based on most harmful to least harmful
    2. Many skills are now overloaded with 2-5 negative effects upon one cast
    3. The cost ratio of applying effects to cleansing effects is on average 1/3 now

I don't have such high hopes to saying "Templars have Cleanse" anymore because we already lack mobility, lack passive defense unless standing still and now our damaging abilities that allowed us to apply pressure have been nerfed again.
    Options
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭

Aedric Spear

Dawn's Wrath

Yess....but I cannot even in good conscience say that it will do much come next patch. With the reduction to a lot of these DoT costs (and no immunity timer from being reapplied) the increased cost to Cleanse is going to perform far worse than it did before...
    As a Stamplar, I have approx 12-13K Mag. This gives me only two chances to Cleanse negative effects sequentially. Mind you:
    1. Negative effects that are cleansed are not prioratized based on most harmful to least harmful
    3. The cost ratio of applying effects to cleansing effects is on average 1/3 now

I don't have such high hopes to saying "Templars have Cleanse" anymore because we already lack mobility, lack passive defense unless standing still and now our damaging abilities that allowed us to apply pressure have been nerfed again.

most of those are standards being enforced. And missing:
    - cleanse for dots
    - degeneration no longer just a buff skill; we gain some additional outside pressure so we can go back to immovable/tri/vitalty pots.
    - resto staff now a better backbar option; quick siphion giving 10% speed for no benefit means templar can go back to arcane traits/apprentice mundas for extra dmg.
    - cheap cost of mist now a better escape tool despite vamp downsides. (I actually went back to vamp for synergy with a certain set).
    Options
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Buffer of the swift + temporal guard on s/b bar it's a 18% damage reduction 100% up even when 2H ultime or corrosive run; gotta do some test with a friend of mine if brass in any better (maybe in most situations vs potato spamming random skills yes).

10%*8%. So if a 15k attack is hit, its dropped to 6210. Which is 17.2% dmg reduction (have to include 50% battlesprit).
    If someone had 8% minor vuln, its nullifying 8% off swift so the dmg reduced is actually 9.84% if facing sorcs/shock enchants/ele weapon spam lol.

I’m not that mathematically inclined. Usually go with what works after practice. But if you didn’t have Swift and the enemy player had 8% minor vuln, then wouldn’t you take an extra 8% dmg? Is it so different than a player using pen to take off resistances?
    Options
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »

I’m not that mathematically inclined. Usually go with what works after practice. But if you didn’t have Swift and the enemy player had 8% minor vuln, then wouldn’t you take an extra 8% dmg? Is it so different than a player using pen to take off resistances?

That's the fallacy of the equation. It ends up being more mitigation if you go with sources that are always multiplicative. Which means resists and Block. Block let's you have 50% base and 20-35% extra is you go snb against range.
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Aedric Spear

Dawn's Wrath

I hate to say it since stamplars tend to be bleeding edge anyway, but 15k magicka might be the baseline the way 15k stamina is for magplars.

I run 12k stam on magplar, but I lean very heavily on cancelled Mist expedition (getting nerfed) and 2H stam regen. I think that isn't gong to fly when everyone is playing with the new Silver Shards toy.

But I'm curious what set @No_Division went back to vamp for. I'm going to have to ponder that. Because I still dislike RaT a lot.
    Options
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

Aedric Spear

Dawn's Wrath

I hate to say it since stamplars tend to be bleeding edge anyway, but 15k magicka might be the baseline the way 15k stamina is for magplars.

I run 12k stam on magplar, but I lean very heavily on cancelled Mist expedition (getting nerfed) and 2H stam regen. I think that isn't gong to fly when everyone is playing with the new Silver Shards toy.

But I'm curious what set @No_Division went back to vamp for. I'm going to have to ponder that. Because I still dislike RaT a lot.

My best guess is cyrodiils light, as it will add another 15% mitigation to mist
    Options
  • Aces-High-82
    Aces-High-82
    ✭✭✭
    Desert Rose maybe.
    And guys pls have a look at the Damage taken formula
    ((Dmg*(100-(Resi/660))*0.01)*Mit1*Mit2*...*MitN
    CL wont net 15%
    Edited by Aces-High-82 on August 2, 2019 10:26AM
    Options
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Desert Rose maybe.
    And guys pls have a look at the Damage taken formula
    ((Dmg*(100-(Resi/660))*0.01)*Mit1*Mit2*...*MitN)-Shield)*(Block*BlockMit1*....*BlockMitN)
    CL wont net 15%

I'm not great at math, can you explain in indiot proof terms please
    Edited by Syiccal on August 2, 2019 9:34AM
    Options
  • Aces-High-82
    Aces-High-82
    ✭✭✭
    10k Dmg at 30k Resi will result in 5455 Dmg taken.
    Now 75%mist+CL= 5455*0.25*0.85= 1159
    It's not 5455*0.1(90%)=546
    Mit is multiplicative not additive.
    Options
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Aedric Spear

Dawn's Wrath

Only ways to achieve 15k mag on a stamplar is to run tri stat food/drink or to run a dual stat set like shackle, innate or domihaus. Either way is going to be subpar for a competitive stamplar as we dont have extra recovery sources like magplar does with harness (live) or ele drain. Repentance works okay if you can get bodies but realistically its not viable for competition. I run dark elf for the extra stats.
    Options
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    10k Dmg at 30k Resi will result in 5455 Dmg taken.
    Now 75%mist+CL= 5455*0.25*0.85= 1159
    It's not 5455*0.1(90%)=546
    Mit is multiplicative not additive.

Except when running into vulnerability. You subtract it from sets first. So cyro light is 8% less effective fighting against shock DMG/ele weapon spam. And against incap it's completely negated.

And I'm not telling the set. I'm not having ZoS nerfing things lol
    Options
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Aedric Spear

Dawn's Wrath

Only ways to achieve 15k mag on a stamplar is to run tri stat food/drink or to run a dual stat set like shackle, innate or domihaus. Either way is going to be subpar for a competitive stamplar as we dont have extra recovery sources like magplar does with harness (live) or ele drain. Repentance works okay if you can get bodies but realistically its not viable for competition. I run dark elf for the extra stats.

Or just run heavy armor and all your mag sustain issues go away.
    I did run meditate on this 1 tanky(ish) brawler build i had and it was also very good for mag sustain.
    Next patch ill defo try to run more mag somehow, looks like truth avoided the nerf hammer so one more reason to build for more mag.
    The new tristat plus hp recov food from the witches festival looks promising for sure.
    Options
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

Aedric Spear

Dawn's Wrath

I did run meditate on this 1 tanky(ish) brawler build i had and it was also very good for mag sustain.
    Next patch ill defo try to run more mag somehow, looks like truth avoided the nerf hammer so one more reason to build for more mag.
    The new tristat plus hp recov food from the witches festival looks promising for sure.

I'm really liking NMG right now, but I may try Truth also. Is Toppling scaling with highest stat now?
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

Aedric Spear

Dawn's Wrath

I'm really liking NMG right now, but I may try Truth also. Is Toppling scaling with highest stat now?

Both but its stun and off balance does not discriminate. Great doing it with a 2h heavy into DBOS.
    Options
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone have the tooltipy on lighting clench?
    Options
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is everyone gonna set there pvp magplar bars next patch, you gonna try fit in living dark or rapid regen somehow
    Edited by Syiccal on August 3, 2019 11:03AM
    Options
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    How is everyone gonna set there pvp magplar bars next patch, you gonna try fit in living dark or rapid regen somehow

Bar space is gonna be tight for melee magplar, entropy is now an auto-include since it allows us to use tripots and is now a powerful DoT in its own.

Elemental Drain is the most powerful debuff in the game with both Breach and Magickasteal

HtD, Rune, Cleanse, Jabs are just core magplar spells.

You need a CC (I’m running topplecharge).

RAT turns you into a high mobility class with one button, I’ll be running it on my builds, but you might not consider it to be an essential skill.

So, I’m my opinion, you only have two slots that you can really play with, I’ll be experimenting with some combination of Solar Barrage, Vampires Bane and Purifying Light in those slots.
    Options
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like playing lighting/ice staff
    Degen, purifying light, reflective light, toppling/total dark, jabs and cresent sweep

Rune, cleanse, RAT, ele drain, HtD, remberance (animation cancel for the 10 seconds of major protection )
    Options
  • Aces-High-82
    Aces-High-82
    ✭✭✭
    Melee magplar here considering DW Resto.
    Front sweeps toppling purifying reflective soul trap crescent
    Back HtD rune ritual entro Ward temporal

Bc we loose Ele one sword sharp plus
    Resto heavy will make up for it a little bit. DW heavys will open up for whitchmothers or duo Stat food and a shock glyph. Back to Altmer I guess to stack SD. Spinners front, Scathing Mage and for monster set there are some nice options eg Bloodspawn (Solo), Kena (5k SD), Slime or Grundwulf.
    Options
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Resto heavy will make up for it a little bit. DW heavys will open up for whitchmothers or duo Stat food and a shock glyph. Back to Altmer I guess to stack SD. Spinners front, Scathing Mage and for monster set there are some nice options eg Bloodspawn (Solo), Kena (5k SD), Slime or Grundwulf.

Have you considered 2h instead for onslaught? 100% pen means more damage and healing from sweeps.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
    Options
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

Have you considered 2h instead for onslaught? 100% pen means more damage and healing from sweeps.

Mmmmhmmmmm, onslaught + proxy det + vicious death= magplar fun
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
    Options
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Problem with that back bar is you have 3 very expensive skills in ritual, ward and HtD, you dont wanna be using that to often especially without ele drain. I'd replace ward with rapid regen if using resto
    Edited by Syiccal on August 3, 2019 4:54PM
    Options
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the changes to onslaught and vigor stamplar gonna look nice next patch I think, may even give that a go
    Options
  • Aces-High-82
    Aces-High-82
    ✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

Greatsword could be an option, good hint.
    Options
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What’s the good drink for BTB now? Double bloody Mara? Just came back?
    Options
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destyran wrote: »
    What’s the good drink for BTB now? Double bloody Mara? Just came back?

Spring loaded infusion
    Options
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Longfin pastry whatever... unless you’re using bright throat, then you’re stuck with spring loaded infusion.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
    Options