Templars PvP - Detailed Guide, Suggestions, Advice, etc. - Elsweyr

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Melee magplar here considering DW Resto.
    Front sweeps toppling purifying reflective soul trap crescent
    Back HtD rune ritual entro Ward temporal

Bc we loose Ele one sword sharp plus
    Resto heavy will make up for it a little bit. DW heavys will open up for whitchmothers or duo Stat food and a shock glyph. Back to Altmer I guess to stack SD. Spinners front, Scathing Mage and for monster set there are some nice options eg Bloodspawn (Solo), Kena (5k SD), Slime or Grundwulf.

Have you considered 2h instead for onslaught? 100% pen means more damage and healing from sweeps.

Mmmmhmmmmm, onslaught + proxy det + vicious death= magplar fun

Yup, only issue is Ult gen and it should be okay. It’ll allow dumping penetration for sp and sustain.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    PRX and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ill be running 2h/Ice. Spinner front bar, willpower back, Fortified brass or Buffer of the swift. Bloodspawn or Grothdar or skoria

Toppling>soul trap>sweeps>RAT> mage light > Crescent sweep
    Channeled focus>ele drain>entropy>ER>HTD>Temporal Guard.
    Options
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    Someone should tell ZoS 3k AOE off clench lighting is like farting on someone's face in a fight. What a rip-off that requires a pve staff to make decent lol
    Options
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is living dark worth slotting on a stamina templar?
    Power Wealth And Influence.
    Options
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anti_Virus wrote: »
    Is living dark worth slotting on a stamina templar?

Don’t see it really being worth it since it’s unlikely that you’ll unslot ritual. Need all the magic you can get but if you’re wiling to give that up or add another skill that’s going to tax your magicka pool, then I guess it wouldn’t hurt to test it out.

Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
    Options
  • Unified_Gaming
    Unified_Gaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd suggest running degen next patch as it's really strong. There are other setups that work well with ranged magplar and next patch it is one of the few classes that have a reliable ranged stun.
    Dan
    Unified Gaming - creating a shared and Unified Gaming community.

For some of the best and most up to date PVP builds around or useful tips and tricks from an experienced player for PvP and PvE, then check out my channel and consider subscribing if you want to see regular ESO content.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCorbta-fAHKJcxJ6ExbtPwg/
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Ill be running 2h/Ice. Spinner front bar, willpower back, Fortified brass or Buffer of the swift. Bloodspawn or Grothdar or skoria

My alternate if they really screw jabs up will be below with fire staff in stead of 2her. Question will be which ultimate?

reflectiv light>soul trap>force pulse>RAT> Javelin > ultimate?
    Options
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My alternate if they really screw jabs up will be below with fire staff in stead of 2her. Question will be which ultimate?

Sounds like a knock-off Sorc...
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like a knock-off Sorc...

Its definitely a concern. Basically give up , mobility, burst combos and a shield, for ER and a single bar burst heal.. Although, efficient purge is probably pretty close to cost and just removes 2 less. I'd rather not as I like the magicka brawler thing I have going.
    Options
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I dusted off my Stamplar after two years of no PVP and took her out in Cyro last night. I changed her to a Bosmer running Bone Pirate and Ravager. I have to say I had a ton of fun!

I looked at the change to Ravager that will be happening soon and does anyone have any thoughts? I still think it might work because of my use of Rune. Thanks!
    @ElizabethInTamriel; @ElizabethInESO
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
    Options
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @VirtualElizabeth

I think it's Power of the Light that will proc Ravager, 4 uses to get maximum buff.

It's Seventh Legion that your Rune will now proc.

Stamplar probably gives you the best case for using both of these sets if you wanted to go that route...
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
    Options
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    @VirtualElizabeth

I think it's Power of the Light that will proc Ravager, 4 uses to get maximum buff.

Stamplar probably gives you the best case for using both of these sets if you wanted to go that route...

Could be just me but I loathe the idea of having to pop 4(!) PotL for full Ravager effect.
    Edited by The_Lex on August 5, 2019 7:17PM
    Options
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, and then after you have the full buff for 10? seconds you have to do it again.

Seventh Legion at least will be easy to manage and reliable.
    • PC/NA
    Options
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, and then after you have the full buff for 10? seconds you have to do it again.

Seventh Legion at least will be easy to manage and reliable.

wasnt ravaging requiring 4s to proc? If so, potl is useless; youll waste so much dmg trying to get it.
    Options
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well you could do it as quickly as once per second but as slowly as once every 5 seconds (so the stacks don’t fall off). So you can slowly build it up and get most of your PotL damage or just waste the first three in three seconds getting to the 4th (maximum) stack.

On my stamina characters I’m looking at 5 medium, 2 heavy, fortified brass or armor master, bone pirate, and monster set (blood spawn or troll king most likely). But that’s for medium group play 10-14, not sure about smaller scale.
    • PC/NA
    Options
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    The_Lex wrote: »
    @VirtualElizabeth

Could be just me but I loathe the idea of having to pop 4(!) PotL for full Ravager effect.

Ok dumping Ravager, LOL. Good thing I just had it sitting around.
    @ElizabethInTamriel; @ElizabethInESO
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
    Options
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Lex wrote: »
    @VirtualElizabeth

Ok dumping Ravager, LOL. Good thing I just had it sitting around.

Ravager is cool but I think it’s better sets out there for stamplar, every time I put it on I take it off just as quick.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty happy I committed to my magplar after todays PTS notes. Honestly; overall I feel like mag needs to catch up with stam other than magsorc and magplar I feel just as good if not better right now on live than my stam characters but I think they are going to far at once. Could have just taken off the extra target heal from vigor and left the HOTs on the momentum morphs and seen how that went.
    Options
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty happy I committed to my magplar after todays PTS notes. Honestly; overall I feel like mag needs to catch up with stam other than magsorc and magplar I feel just as good if not better right now on live than my stam characters but I think they are going to far at once. Could have just taken off the extra target heal from vigor and left the HOTs on the momentum morphs and seen how that went.

Been working on a build and it's solidifying nicely. Very old school Templar so I'm excited for the changes.
    Options
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Been working on a build and it's solidifying nicely. Very old school Templar so I'm excited for the changes.

Using what?
    Options
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »

Using what?

Not finalized yet, but I went:
    - 5pc spinners
    - 5pc secret defense ( ;) )
    - 2pc grothdarr
    - fire staff/nirn - dark flare, blazing shield, reflective light, toppling, jesus beam - ice comet
    - resto staff/ defending - Unstable core, rune, purge, HtD, ward ally - life giver.
    - atro mundas
    - eye ghoul drink

2k mag recovery to sustain the shield use, and you don't need a spamable if you weave in RL, blazing shield, Dark Flare, empowered LA, toppling. It all pops at the same time and you use unstable core on defensive burst to help stay on your feet. Sadly no major sorcery buff, but I could remove jesus beam next patch for entropy for the extra dot pressure/buff.

No speed; toppling is there for offense mobility and range/reposition is the defense. Takes getting used to it; might drop vamp for this. On low health, you cast ward ally and then back to blazing; it makes blazing last an extra second for you to get off a dark flare+LA which is 14k for the DF and another 6k for the fire LA; makes up for the missing spamable.
    Options
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Using what?

- 5pc spinners
    - 2pc grothdarr
    - fire staff/nirn - dark flare, blazing shield, reflective light, toppling, jesus beam - ice comet
    - resto staff/ defending - Unstable core, rune, purge, HtD, ward ally - life giver.
    - atro mundas
    - eye ghoul drink

2k mag recovery to sustain the shield use, and you don't need a spamable if you weave in RL, blazing shield, Dark Flare, empowered LA, toppling. It all pops at the same time and you use unstable core on defensive burst to help stay on your feet. Sadly no major sorcery buff, but I could remove jesus beam next patch for entropy for the extra dot pressure/buff.

No speed; toppling is there for offense mobility and range/reposition is the defense. Takes getting used to it; might drop vamp for this. On low health, you cast ward ally and then back to blazing; it makes blazing last an extra second for you to get off a dark flare+LA which is 14k for the DF and another 6k for the fire LA; makes up for the missing spamable.

I notice you don’t have Mist or Rat. So no snare/immobilize immunity. Is this related to your defensive set?

Another note, the vamp drain essence looks quite powerful. 30% health heal in 1 sec. 45% in 2. 60% in 3. Would pair nicely with Cyrodiil’s light.

But I’m actually considering Wizards reposte again.
    Options
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »

Using what?

- 5pc spinners
    - 2pc grothdarr
    - atro mundas
    - eye ghoul drink

I notice you don’t have Mist or Rat. So no snare/immobilize immunity. Is this related to your defensive set?

Another note, the vamp drain essence looks quite powerful. 30% health heal in 1 sec. 45% in 2. 60% in 3. Would pair nicely with Cyrodiil’s light.

But I’m actually considering Wizards reposte again.

realized, i spent more time casting immunity than offense/defense and it watered down smart repositioning. Not to mention, it takes a bar slot that maybe a shield or dmg ability would take. I tired using mist/vamp this patch to find 5 people gap closing on my ass lol. I am going to drop it again, since im not in heavy armor with 26-29k health.

reposte is kinda bad unless you can take crit hits from direct, basically blocking/shielding (shadowrend is better if you are in melee range).

cyro light is great to get mitigation while on offense, but 15% off a 15k attack is basically still you taking 6k worth of dmg in pvp. after armor/cp it becomes like 4k, if it crits lol. Best thing to do is stack resist, get regen in order and then go ham on the offense.
    Options
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I vd was talking with a buddy, he brought up desert rose and pariah with infused spd jewelry and an offensive monster. Can't wait to see him on action
    Options
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Riposte is not bad, and works well in a group, imo. And Cyrodiil's light would work well with Drain essence, dark flare, beam. Think the point of that set is wanting to get interrupted for the free heals. But...I think I'm going to go with this setup:

Sweep, toppling, reflective, ( consuming trap, beam, purifying light ) Rapid regen Bats/Cresecent Sweep
    (Entropy, Purifying light), Ritual, (Mist, RAT), Channeled Focus, Hod Temp guard/Remembrance

Still not 100% sure what sets I'll be running, but I wanted to try a Frost staff back bar, Resto front bar. I'd like to see how I do by keeping Rapid regen up while remaining on the offensive without having to back bar as much. A bit less dmg on the front bar, but it'll be fun to figure out what works best for me.
    Options
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunno what my magplar will wear next patch, but I do know that vicious death will be one set and proxy det will be on a bar...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
    Options
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    I dunno what my magplar will wear next patch, but I do know that vicious death will be one set and proxy det will be on a bar...

Cyro needs more bombers and Zerg fighters. I'd love to see vids of your kills with it lol
    Options
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »
    Riposte is not bad, and works well in a group, imo. And Cyrodiil's light would work well with Drain essence, dark flare, beam. Think the point of that set is wanting to get interrupted for the free heals. But...I think I'm going to go with this setup:

Sweep, toppling, reflective, ( consuming trap, beam, purifying light ) Rapid regen Bats/Cresecent Sweep
    (Entropy, Purifying light), Ritual, (Mist, RAT), Channeled Focus, Hod Temp guard/Remembrance

Still not 100% sure what sets I'll be running, but I wanted to try a Frost staff back bar, Resto front bar. I'd like to see how I do by keeping Rapid regen up while remaining on the offensive without having to back bar as much. A bit less dmg on the front bar, but it'll be fun to figure out what works best for me.

I'm just saying most of the crit hits are going to be things you want to the set to defend against. Fire staff light attack is 6k empowered. Add 1.4 to that and it's basically a skill. Seems to synergize best with long ttk playstyles and there isn't much of that around (unless you embrace block).
    Options
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    I vd was talking with a buddy, he brought up desert rose and pariah with infused spd jewelry and an offensive monster. Can't wait to see him on action

Shhhh don't give things away ;)
    Options
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »

Pariah has long been a set where you can wear light armor as jewelry is obtainable in arcane. I was using it long before you could obtain all different kinds of weapons. At that time, you went with a heavy chest, 3 jewelry, and a weapon if you wanted to 5l 1h 1m.

I switched to Pirate skelly as bleeds ignored resistances. But now that they don’t anymore, it’s a solid set.
    Options