The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.3 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Power Surge Change?

• jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dalsinthus wrote: »
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Power surge is again in a useless state if it only procs of crit heals. Especially since it is the only morph that provides a buff to magicka players.

Yup. So for heals, mag sorcs now have the heavily nerfed twilight or dark exchange or run a resto staff. And surge can augment that, but it doesn't heal without another heal to jump off of? Those are some pretty slim options.

If you can afford it, crit surge continues to proc off of crit damage but with even greater healing than live.
    Options
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They killed power surge.

Another one less sorc skill on already boring sorc bars...

The only possible solution to this as it stands right now is to give major sorcery to critical surge and make this morph to scale dynamically for stam or mag.
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Power surge is again in a useless state if it only procs of crit heals. Especially since it is the only morph that provides a buff to magicka players.

It's not useless as it's now meant as an option for a Sorc Healer toolkit as made clear 2 patches ago. Sorry your DD will have a hard time using it, but that's the point.

The real issues I see:
    1. Why does it have a CD of 3s and not 2s like most healer hots?
    2. Why is it so hard to just include the radius or how the ability works in the notes?
    3. Why wasn't Crit Surge changed to be more accessible for Mag Builds looking to use the stronger "Self Heal" morph if Power Surge is now the healer morph.

Yes, because Maelstrom arena and solo pvp doesn't exist. One these morphs is literally structured for mag players and it is entirely useless for that purpose outside of being a sorc healer.

Not to mention, a 3 second cooldown makes it pretty useless, since it is 3 seconds, plus it needs a crit heal to proc. A sorc healer is going to be better off slotting another healing skill.
    Options
  • soynegroyque
    soynegroyque
    ✭✭✭

This is beyond useless lmao. They should just have made it an aoe around the sorc, and Pulse for 3 seconds with 3 second CD and proc off any crit inclusing heals.
    Options
  • Zalathorm
    Zalathorm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Having a PASSIVE GROUP HEAL just from doing DPS was crazy.

Now it's a morph for sorc healers.

Fine with me
    Options
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kaizen914 wrote: »
    Yeah this is just a useless skill now. 3s is way too long in between ticks for this to be useful and proccing off of only heals is a problem on its own.

Who plays sorc healers? If you do, is this even a good change? Seems like unreliable healing.

Is anyone considering becoming a sorc healer now that this change has been made?

Proccing off only heals isn't a problem, it's a solution to every Sorc DD using it to take over a healer's role. At least 40% crit is practically a default. Critical healing in a group is easy when your at least using Orbs (ticks every .5s) and Grand Healing (ticks every 1s). 3 ticks a second, 4 group members, 12 chances to crit, try a bigger group, your guaranteed the heals..

With 3s cd it's just weak and unreliable though. I don't know what they were thinking.

PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zalathorm wrote: »

Fine with me

No one, not a single person, wanted a passive group heal from this skill. What magsorcs wanted was a more reliable self burst heal, like every other class. Instead we get a semi-useful skill over buffed and then completely gutted in turn.
    Options
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah this is just a useless skill now. 3s is way too long in between ticks for this to be useful and proccing off of only heals is a problem on its own.

Who plays sorc healers? If you do, is this even a good change? Seems like unreliable healing.

Is anyone considering becoming a sorc healer now that this change has been made?

Sorc healer isn't a totally crazy idea for 4-person groups because burst heals are more important than before (since everything else is nerfed) and the Twilight uniquely burst heals 2 people at once. But of course in 4-person groups you don't want heal-only builds. Let's see:
    • Twilight x2
    • Mutagen-replacement
    • Power Surge
    • Orb
    • Combat Prayer
    • Minor Magickasteal skill (Siphon or Elemental Drain)

That's 7 skills, leaving 3 for DPS, 2 of which are ground-based DoTs.

I think I'd just drop Power Surge so that I could have more to do on the DPS side, all the more because Major Sorcery doesn't do anything for the Twilight Heal. And that's even before remembering that sorcerers are also supposed to bring a Dark Magic skill for the passive.

Hmm. Maybe drop Wall of Elements, on the theory that a spammable will proc enchants? But what about the Lightning Wall benefit, which is important and which nobody else will want to provide?
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on August 5, 2019 9:24PM
    Options
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It's not useless as it's now meant as an option for a Sorc Healer toolkit as made clear 2 patches ago. Sorry your DD will have a hard time using it, but that's the point.

The real issues I see:
    2. Why is it so hard to just include the radius or how the ability works in the notes?
    3. Why wasn't Crit Surge changed to be more accessible for Mag Builds looking to use the stronger "Self Heal" morph if Power Surge is now the healer morph.

the answer to all this is to use the structured entropy morph. the heals are every 2 seconds and will give you more heals then power surge now.
    Options
  • kaizen914
    kaizen914
    ✭✭✭

The real issues I see:

It's useless because it's weak and unpredictable.

Fine with me

They never had that. They said it was a WiP and completely missed the mark for everyone. If you played a healer at any reasonable level of difficulty you would know this is a totally bum skill now. Uncontrollable heal every 3s is worthless.
    Options
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This patch clear demonstrates that ZOS has no long term vision.
    Edited by The_Lex on August 5, 2019 9:28PM
    Options
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crit Surge is still 1 second right ?
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fine with me

No one, not a single person, wanted a passive group heal from this skill. What magsorcs wanted was a more reliable self burst heal, like every other class. Instead we get a semi-useful skill over buffed and then completely gutted in turn.

Sorcs have the clanfear heal and the matriarch heal for burst heals.

And what it is now will be a benefit to an actual healer. Anyone running a full healer will have enough heals going out on various people to have constant crits and be proc'ing this ability on cooldown or very close to it. And they are passive heals as well, meaning you are doing other stuff while those heals are going out and you only re-apply the skill as duration ends.

-- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, if I’ve followed the patch notes correctly the only change to crit surge from live should be moderately increased healing.
    Options
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭✭

Yep. The main go to for non-healer MagSorc now I'm guessing.

If they move Major Sorcery over to it from Power Surge, should be okay at that point.
    Edited by Celestro on August 5, 2019 9:34PM
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Missing sorcery for magsorc sadly.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just give Critical Surge also Major Sorcery and we are all happy.
    Options
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just wow. They need to back this change out and drop the entire idea of using surge as a group heal. They ruined the skill. It is useless for sorc healers, and provides zero supplemental heals from sorc DD which was the original purpose. Dead skill now.
    Options
  • blnchk
    blnchk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please just leave Power Surge alone.
    Options
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jypcy wrote: »

Yes, if I’ve followed the patch notes correctly the only change to crit surge from live should be moderately increased healing.

Awesome thank you for the info - Now let's go live before nerflings start complaining about Crit Surge to Stam Sorcs.
    Edited by WeylandLabs on August 5, 2019 9:40PM
    Options
  • kaizen914
    kaizen914
    ✭✭✭
    Whoever thought of this change should be removed from the balance team and be restricted to only the plastic spoons and sporks at the ZoS cafeteria.

Forks and knives are too dangerous for some people.
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goodbye offence heal for PvP
    Goodbye its use in vMA

Really don't get todays change. I'm all foe helping sorc healers but as a solo DD sorc i don't get the use for this skill. Fark.
    Who thought sorcs had OP heals???? Anyone?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why ZOS?

Magicka Sorc will not rely on Power Surge for solo contents,

As power surge is destroyed, crit surge should grant Major Sorcery too.
    Options
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    They killed power surge.

Another one less sorc skill on already boring sorc bars...

The only possible solution to this as it stands right now is to give major sorcery to critical surge and make this morph to scale dynamically for stam or mag.

I disagree.

Even without the Power Surge changes, most MagSorcs would eventually drop it for Degeneration, a strong dot that also gives you sustain + MG passives. For healing, the new Rapid Regen will be more than enough.

Yeah, MagSorcs won't have passive self-healing anymore but that what will not kill the class...
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This change is pretty good... on a templar healer.

C'mon ZoS, you can do much better. Power surge wasn't doing a bad job at all the way it is on live, why change it? Why not make it a skill with major sorc and brut and minor lifesteal for all your group? Of course, its cost should have been increased and maybe its uptime decreased, but that way it would have become a good option for DD and healer sorcs.

edit: maybe giving the group the chance to heal on crit was a good option too, decreasing its uptime to 20 secs
    Edited by Xvorg on August 5, 2019 9:52PM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    Options
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's called Spell Power pots boom Major Sorcery problem solved 👍but wait... it wasn't just the major sorcery people are complaing about right ? Let's tell them the real reason 😂
    Options
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly which sorc skills will we be crit healing with to get this to proc? Because I won't cast power surge for an rng chance of a matriach crit giving me an even bigger heal for the cost of 3 skill slots.

Any chance that we can get major sorcery on crit surge? This new version of power surge is pretty useless if we don't have a resto staff slotted.

*And yes, spell power pots exist for difficult content. And we could slot entropy, which is completely op, but pet sorcs aren't really known for their spare bar slots. It would be nice to think that mag builds could exist without entropy, particularly in aoe situations.
    Options
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Goodbye its use in vMA

Really don't get todays change. I'm all foe helping sorc healers but as a solo DD sorc i don't get the use for this skill. Fark.
    Who thought sorcs had OP heals???? Anyone?

You can just use crit surge instead for even greater healing than you currently have on live. Entropy is also worth consideration now, so can be your source of major sorcery if you don’t have another source of it and want it (with the added bonus of additional heals or mag sustain).
    Full disclosure, I did/do think surge is a bit much for self survivability, but I don’t think I’d go so far as to say overpowered.
    Lord_Eomer wrote: »
    Why ZOS?

Magicka Sorc will not rely on Power Surge for solo contents,

As power surge is destroyed, crit surge should grant Major Sorcery too.

See above. If you don’t want to run pots, just use entropy.

*edit to add:
    Kolzki wrote: »
    *And yes, spell power pots exist for difficult content. And we could slot entropy, which is completely op, but pet sorcs aren't really known for their spare bar slots. It would be nice to think that mag builds could exist without entropy, particularly in aoe situations.

Major sorcery really isn’t necessary to clear content. And if you’re trying to score push or optimize your build anyway, I can’t offhand think of a better potion to use than spell power pots.
    Edited by jypcy on August 5, 2019 9:59PM
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »

Fine with me

Sorcs have the clanfear heal and the matriarch heal for burst heals.

And what it is now will be a benefit to an actual healer. Anyone running a full healer will have enough heals going out on various people to have constant crits and be proc'ing this ability on cooldown or very close to it. And they are passive heals as well, meaning you are doing other stuff while those heals are going out and you only re-apply the skill as duration ends.

Those are not reliable burst heals. Any heal that forces you to use two bar slots is not a reliable heal. Imagine having to slot vigor on both bars to make it stay up, or BOL not working if it is only slotted on one bar. Now imagine having to give up a skill on an already limited bar space just to double slot a heal.
    Options
  • troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who plays sorc healers? If you do, is this even a good change? Seems like unreliable healing

I'm afraid I won't find a place on my bar for this skill. 3 seconds cooldown degrade it to a small HoT. For me the problem is that I can't find a use case for this spell:
    1) Stacked group? Ground based HotS + Combat Prayer spam
    2) Mobile fight? Mutagen
    3) DPS + heal support? Too weak and random proc times.

I will try it of course, but I'm skeptical.
    Yes.
    Options