Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Class Rep] Warden Feedback Thread

• whteva4eva
    whteva4eva
    ✭✭
    One-slot Bear
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be nice, but wont happen unless Sorc Pets become one bar too. But i can see how it would work, just summon until killed.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would still like a synergy to provide to allies. Whether it be added to Winters Revenge, Swarm or another dps skill.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need a class stun that’s actually good for magden... arctic blast is not
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remove Winter's Embrace from the Warden, & use that skill line for a Ice tank/frost mage skill line or future class.

I suggest replacing the removed Winter's Embrace skill line with a DD/tank Spriggan skill line.
    Edited by Wolfpaw on July 11, 2019 8:59PM
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfpaw wrote: »
    Remove Winter's Embrace from the Warden, & use that skill line for a Ice tank/frost mage skill line or future class.

I suggest replacing the removed Winter's Embrace skill line with a DD/tank Spriggan skill line.

I would 1000% support this even if it meant I had to delete my current frost mage to do so. The ice magic does not fit with the nature/animals theme the warden has.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would 1000% support this even if it meant I had to delete my current frost mage to do so. The ice magic does not fit with the nature/animals theme the warden has.

TUNDRA BIOME

That is where the ice fits the nature and animals.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ysbriel wrote: »

TUNDRA BIOME

What Warden doesnt fit is Vvardenfell, Ive always thought the Warden was meant to be released with Wrothgar.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭

TUNDRA BIOME

Are the animals we are using/the plants we are summoning part of the tundra biome? No? Then your argument is null. Our animals are from Vvardenfell and our magic is frost. Itd make more sense to have our magic be fire or poison to fit those creatures.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since they are reworking Destructive Touch, i tried to use Arctic Blast again and it needs some work still.
    Yes it ranks up in cost reduction but its still pricey as well as the casting animation its to slow and should come from your hand rather than waving your arms around in the air.
    Lastly it should get some damage, i think a DoT, to differentiate it from Frost Clench (Damage and Immobilise). I dont care if the heal stays or goes, but since stuns for Magicka Wardens have been restricted this skill needs to be reworked.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TiZzA93 wrote: »
    Entropy, destuctive touch, the reworked soul ability and swarm with skoria looks ok for in pvp

Why would we run Entropy when Netch purges/sustains magicka and gives us major sorcery.

Entropy is redundant on a MagDen.
  • TiZzA93
    TiZzA93
    ✭✭✭
    @IronWooshu im thinking along the lines of a dot build, basically mag version of stamdk dots for days
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and Degeneration returns 100 magicka per light attack. if they damage is that good, then why not use both.

Some builds do slot the same buff but for the damage/ sustain of the skill not the buff itself.
    Edited by LeHarrt91 on July 15, 2019 1:04AM
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    IronWooshu wrote: »
    TiZzA93 wrote: »
    Entropy, destuctive touch, the reworked soul ability and swarm with skoria looks ok for in pvp

Why would we run Entropy when Netch purges/sustains magicka and gives us major sorcery.

Entropy is redundant on a MagDen.

Only in PvP, not in PvE where damage is supreme.
  • teladoy
    teladoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see more options for Winter revenge to do viable magicka builds. I'm not saying is garbage, but it needs a little bit "more" of something...
    It is more orientated to tanking and maybe it could have a few more things to help be a more efficient magicka aoe utility/dps tree.
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Self buffing on Warden is still a bit annoying due to the short durations, mainly Lotus Flower which is not really worth slot since 20s is really short. Frost Cloak could have an increased duration as well. I feel like a increased cost with higher duration would feel better in terms of gameplay while keeping the skills balanced.
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Self buffing on Warden is still a bit annoying due to the short durations, mainly Lotus Flower which is not really worth slot since 20s is really short. Frost Cloak could have an increased duration as well. I feel like a increased cost with higher duration would feel better in terms of gameplay while keeping the skills balanced.

Lotus should be a 30 duration imo
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

TUNDRA BIOME

vvardenfell animals are not in tundra. bears are though. so what is up with the animal design? lol
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Slimebrow
    Slimebrow
    ✭✭✭
    I am not a warden fan but I don't know what made ZOS think ice belongs in warden skill line if anything it should have been in necromancer skill line, it would have made more sense.

They could have used the ice skill space to do something with rot and decay with maybe poison effects like an autumn vibe or thorns with poison theme instead.

Also I don't understand why bear is the only animal available to wardens, surely wolf or a Sabre Cat variants would have been a nice addition in terms of making it more varied. Also why can't they summon spriggans? Pretty sure in ESO lore NPCs who are attuned to nature can summon spriggan spirits.

Maybe it would have made more sense if pets were different for each faction type?

Major missed opportunity IMO.
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »
    To the whiners (@MLGProPlayer) I'd show you this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhqMI_wvdIs

89.7k dps on a dark elf with a static rotation which is not optimal. And that's while the new dot buffing set is broken, otherwise its BiS and will buff all magicka dps toons. And that's close to the best MagSorc parse I've seen so far which was on a High Elf with a dynamic rotation.

You can complain about loss of class identity with this build of course... but every magicka dps is going to suffer from the same thing.

It's still much too early to know how everything will pan out but ultimately if every class runs the same single target dots it means all dps will be very close to each other with only slight differences.

Meanwhile StamCro breaking 100k on the 21M even on console
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Jebus, quit crying about the skill line. It’s a damn good one, and fits Wardens nature theme perfectly.
    Fortress - Great effing skill
    Revenge - decent skill. It was just shadowed by being too long in comparison. But since other skills are now all 12 sec too.
    Polar - Decent skill, especially with the coming buffs. Yes it was a weak burst, but it was to total HoTs that worked
    Device - clunky, but some serious strengths over other pulls
    Shimmering - seriously good skill balance by its situationalness.
    PermaFrost - amazing skill in PvP

That’s one decent morph for every skill, that’s really not bad.
    The weakness is the passive. 3 passives useless to stamina. And the easiest class Balance fix. Just put the extra damage from Advanced Species onto Piercing Cold
    Edited by Maura_Neysa on July 26, 2019 8:15PM
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Jebus, quit crying about the skill line. It’s a damn good one, and fits Wardens nature theme perfectly.
    Revenge - decent skill. It was just shadowed by being too long in comparison. But since other skills are now all 12 sec too.
    Polar - Decent skill, especially with the coming buffs. Yes it was a weak burst, but it was to total HoTs that worked

The weakness is the passive. 3 passives useless to stamina. And the easiest class Balance fix. Just put the extra damage from Advanced Species onto Piercing Cold

It doesn't fit amazingly well with the theme. Because nowhere in the lore book does it say wardens use destruction magic, and then there are the morrowind animals which are not even remotely close to ice in their natural environment and then there's the random bear which is not even from Morrowind. The themes of the class are a mess and frost magic was lazily slapped on it.

Winter's Embrace is the way to fix a lot of warden's pain points by giving it new damage skills in the morphs that are not used.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Nefas
    Nefas
    Class Representative
    Nerouyn wrote: »
    So again nothing good for wardens in the patch notes.

Sad.

Broadly speaking the patch notes look good - especially what they've done with healing - but wardens are still total garbage.

The buff to Polar Wind + the change to Budding Seeds were pretty good imo.
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭

One decent morph per skill... so what your saying is half the skills aren’t decent... expansive frost cloak, arctic blast, frozen retreat, crystallized slab, and even winters revenge seem bad (comparing increased chilled chance and 30% snare to effects on similar skills like resource restore synergy, damage synergy, major fracture/breach, major expedition and 70% snare)... those skills seem like a good place to start when it comes to giving people what they have been asking for since Vvardenfell with frost dps and a competitive magden subclass for dps. We aren’t trying to nerf tankden and stamden here by taking away skills they use... we are just trying to bring to the attention of ZOS that half of the winters embrace skill line consists of dead morphs which is something they have recently stated they want to avoid
    Edited by _Ahala_ on July 27, 2019 1:09AM
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Furthermore if you look at Wardens as guardians of the forest with close connections to Y’ffre as described in the in game lorebook “Who are the Wardens” by Lady Cinnabar of Taneth then the element of frost makes absolutely no sense as the main elements used in Y’ffre’s stories according to in game spinner Girnalin and the lorebook “Of Jophre” are plants, animals, and water (as in oceans, rivers, and streams... not ice)
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Ahala_ wrote: »
    Furthermore if you look at Wardens as guardians of the forest with close connections to Y’ffre as described in the in game lorebook “Who are the Wardens” by Lady Cinnabar of Taneth then the element of frost makes absolutely no sense as the main elements used in Y’ffre’s stories according to in game spinner Girnalin and the lorebook “Of Jophre” are plants, animals, and water (as in oceans, rivers, and streams... not ice)

Water and Ice are the same Ice is the solid version of it and would be better in combat scenarios.

Still weird that they have ice it should have been another plant skill line, based on trees/wood protecting or tanking
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anti_Virus wrote: »
    _Ahala_ wrote: »

Water and Ice are the same Ice is the solid version of it and would be better in combat scenarios.

Still weird that they have ice it should have been another plant skill line, based on trees/wood protecting or tanking

Yeah, I guess ice is close enough as it is still water but I’ve never seen Y’ffre associated with frost or cold anywhere in lore while explicitly said to have taught the oceans waves to crash and to be able to see anything that happens within a range of any body of water... water would have fit better in with the themes plants and animals and service to Y’ffre but their is probably no saving the themes of the class anyways when animal companions is alien Morrowind themed creatures for the most part...

As far as a another plant skill line, their are interesting stories of a chaotic time in elder scrolls lore where animals and plants kept interchanging forms so an animal plant hybrid line would have been interesting (think wild hunt mounts and spriggans) “definitely not Lurchers though cause they are a corruption of the green”
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nefas wrote: »

Sad.

Broadly speaking the patch notes look good - especially what they've done with healing - but wardens are still total garbage.

Unfortunately, these nice things are not issues that we need addressing at the moment. we have pain points that are ignored patch after patch.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on July 27, 2019 4:10PM
  • Nefas
    Nefas
    Class Representative

Sad.

Unfortunately, these nice things are not issues that we need addressing at the moment. we have pain points that are ignored patch after patch.

I'm more than aware, was simply making an observation on the changes I tested.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Sad.

I'm more than aware, was simply making an observation on the changes I tested.

I'm glad the Class Reps are aware. But despite the constant effort and work done by the reps, it doesn't seem as if the pain points are followed up on by ZOS.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on July 27, 2019 6:22PM