The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Class Rep] Warden Feedback Thread

• Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    however. you must consider that any new damage skills should be given to Winter's Embrace before anything else. you say that some damage might be appropriate. I don't think that it is, but i see why you would want something like that.

Not want, no.

The change I proposed to grasp would among other things, make grasp viable as a heal over time where presently it generally isn't, because of the pull. That being the case vines potentially becomes redundant, i.e. ripe for replacement.

A straight up ranged single target heal would be another option. Though from a cost benefit perspective which you can bet they consider, a change to the ability which doesn't require any change to visuals would be the ideal, eg. what I suggested.
    Considering the passive skills of Green Balance. They are all based around healing and increasing it.

So?

Skills can be and are regularly changed.

The skill line is called Green Balance but lacks any semblance of balance.

I have to wonder if it isn't a holdover from the original pre release version of wardens which might have included plant based damage skills. Surely you've looked at the nightblade siphoning ability - malevolent offering I think it is now - and wondered about the thorny vine visuals and icon. Speaking of skills changing it used to be a CC and DoT, now a heal.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/File:ON-skill-Agony.jpg

I've always suspected that this was a repurposed warden ability which they just changed the colour of.

Now that it's a heal I find it a bit odd. Thorny constricting vines don't really scream healing to me. Maybe one day they'll make some new visuals for it and give it back to wardens in some form.
    Edited by Nerouyn on June 16, 2019 4:11AM
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blobsky wrote: »
    1. Bear needs way more survivability, at the moment it dies in literally one second. Making bear viable would actually give the class burst.
    2. Class CC please.
    3. Magicka mushroom burst heal is underwhelming at best.
    4. Far too much base survivability from skills, passives, hots on stamina

No Warden is really OP it doesnt need a buff
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »
    however. you must consider that any new damage skills should be given to Winter's Embrace before anything else. you say that some damage might be appropriate. I don't think that it is, but i see why you would want something like that.

Not want, no.

The change I proposed to grasp would among other things, make grasp viable as a heal over time where presently it generally isn't, because of the pull. That being the case vines potentially becomes redundant, i.e. ripe for replacement.

A straight up ranged single target heal would be another option. Though from a cost benefit perspective which you can bet they consider, a change to the ability which doesn't require any change to visuals would be the ideal, eg. what I suggested.
    Considering the passive skills of Green Balance. They are all based around healing and increasing it.

So?

Skills can be and are regularly changed.

The skill line is called Green Balance but lacks any semblance of balance.

I have to wonder if it isn't a holdover from the original pre release version of wardens which might have included plant based damage skills. Surely you've looked at the nightblade siphoning ability - malevolent offering I think it is now - and wondered about the thorny vine visuals and icon. Speaking of skills changing it used to be a CC and DoT, now a heal.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/File:ON-skill-Agony.jpg

I've always suspected that this was a repurposed warden ability which they just changed the colour of.

Now that it's a heal I find it a bit odd. Thorny constricting vines don't really scream healing to me. Maybe one day they'll make some new visuals for it and give it back to wardens in some form.

It is a lot easier to see winter's embrace skills getting reworks first, on top of the overwhelming demand. I really understand why you want these and i am not saying it will not happen. Just that if warden gets anymore skills that it makes much more sense to have them in Winter's Embrace FIRST, due to it's current skill state, passives, and the want from the community. They have many more morphs that underperform compared to their counterparts. Green Balance has 1 morph that doesn't see regular use. That is Bursting Vines. Nature's Embrace is used plenty in pvp. Grasp is already a viable heal over time skill in PvP. and your suggested idea makes the control with the skill so much better and I really like it, where its made much better for PvE.

However,

The name of the Skill line doesn't matter. as it's just a cool name that gives you an idea for the theme. it often times doesn't mean much. Grave Lord isn't a bunch of skills dedicated to Feudal Graveyard Management. Ardent Flame is just Passionate Fire etc. Green Balance doesn't really mean anything other than sounding cool. But again. I am not saying that the line doesn't need damage skills. I'm saying that Winter's Embrace needs them more. needs them first above all else. There are just stacks of reasons as for why Winter's Embrace should have them first.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Delparis wrote: »
    Blobsky wrote: »
    1. Bear needs way more survivability, at the moment it dies in literally one second. Making bear viable would actually give the class burst.
    2. Class CC please.
    3. Magicka mushroom burst heal is underwhelming at best.
    4. Far too much base survivability from skills, passives, hots on stamina

No Warden is really OP it doesnt need a buff

would you mind explaining why? so we can develop this conversation a little more?
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • MooseKnuckles88
    MooseKnuckles88
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any news about when or if the bear will ever scale with bloodthirsty?
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any news about when or if the bear will ever scale with bloodthirsty?

not sure but it's been heavily reported.
  • Ihonu
    Ihonu
    ✭✭✭
    I want the old "Arctic blast" skill back. Area Damage scaling from Health. Not this absolutely useless stun-heal! The new Arctic blast sucks. I stopped playing my warden tank after they nerfed it. The new skill is the worst skill ever!
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ihonu wrote: »
    I want the old "Arctic blast" skill back. Area Damage scaling from Health. Not this absolutely useless stun-heal! The new Arctic blast sucks. I stopped playing my warden tank after they nerfed it. The new skill is the worst skill ever!

We too want it added back. However. It is for the best if it was added to polar wind. That way polar wind gets another benefit. Its too boring and this adds some much needed flavour. And arctic blast can be focused towards damage not healing.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just letting Zos know we still exist.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »
    Just letting Zos know we still exist.

Zos be like what's a dps magicka warden? I thought they were healers.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on June 24, 2019 3:18AM
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like more interactive gameplay between the dps skills.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happened to the warden discord? I just logged on and it's gone from my list.

Was it taken down or did I get removed for inactivity (I hadn't logged in for a while).
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, magicka warden is getting nerfed into the ground in the "leaked" patch notes.

Animal Companion buff getting reduced to 2% per skill again...

Winter's Revenge damage reduced by 30%...

The only buff we get to compensate is a 17% increase to swarm damage.

If this is true, what in the actual *** is ZOS doing?

We won't even be able to hit 40k DPS this patch...
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on July 6, 2019 10:59AM
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My only pain point is that the ice skill line IMHO doesn't fit with the nature theme.

Flowers blooming & fetcher flies buzzing around in the middle of a blizzard leaves me feeling disconcerted.
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also, magicka warden is getting nerfed into the ground in the "leaked" patch notes.

I *just* hit 40k on mine too ;( IDK why they're so insistent on ensuring that no one wants to play it, ever.
  • MinarasLaure
    MinarasLaure
    ✭✭✭✭

i really liked the buff to swarm despite the cost increase, i was so happy lol
    Then i kept on reading....
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happened to the warden discord? I just logged on and it's gone from my list.

Was it taken down or did I get removed for inactivity (I hadn't logged in for a while).

Yes all discord’s were closed besides dk and Templar which was turned into an all class one.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magden was nerfed again. i was glad to see the advanced species reversion happen. it was an unneeded bandaid in the first place, and every other ground aoe was also nerfed. Not just ours. that being said, we didn't get any of our other painpoints fixed and we most likely are going to be worse of in comparison to other classes in pve. however. we shall see.
  • fierackas
    fierackas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't Advanced Species buffed to make up for the nerf to Bear damage? If so can the bear be buffed again please.
  • TiZzA93
    TiZzA93
    ✭✭✭
    Entropy, destuctive touch, the reworked soul ability and swarm with skoria looks ok for in pvp
    Edited by TiZzA93 on July 7, 2019 1:56PM
  • MooseKnuckles88
    MooseKnuckles88
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, and bloodthirsty STILL doesn't work with the bear...

This was a big blanket nerf, and while it's still too early to tell how bad this will be overall or if these changes will stick. I do still think the general theme of update 23 is increase cost and reduce damage to everyone.
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like magden MIGHT be ok if we suck up the AoE loss and slot a few buffed destro skills instead. Or is that wishful thinking?
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For once, its a good thing to be the ignored Class.
    Its like ZoS is trying to balance the game at MagDen level
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So again nothing good for wardens in the patch notes.

Sad.

Broadly speaking the patch notes look good - especially what they've done with healing - but wardens are still total garbage.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We did lose a good stun with Shock Reach. They need to make Arctic cheaper and deal a bit of damage.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• Muskrap
    Muskrap
    ✭✭✭
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »
    We did lose a good stun with Shock Reach. They need to make Arctic cheaper and deal a bit of damage.

No they need to not touch Shock Reach until they give us a better stun
  • Cerotonin
    Cerotonin
    ✭✭✭
    I love the Warden class, it’s my favorite in theme. I can’t ignore the fact that Magicka Warden simply underperforms in comparison to the other classes in terms of solo DPS in PvP. I also know that they’re the bottom of the barrel in PvE.

For the animal companions attacking abilities, it would be nice if the passives would be enhanced to benefit magicka more, like increasing magicka by a %, regen, and/or increasing spell power. Allow the Cliffracer and Swarm (Morphs) deal debuffs so that they have more reliability and to actually add more pressure onto PvP enemies.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To the whiners (@MLGProPlayer) I'd show you this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhqMI_wvdIs

89.7k dps on a dark elf with a static rotation which is not optimal. And that's while the new dot buffing set is broken, otherwise its BiS and will buff all magicka dps toons. And that's close to the best MagSorc parse I've seen so far which was on a High Elf with a dynamic rotation.

You can complain about loss of class identity with this build of course... but every magicka dps is going to suffer from the same thing.

It's still much too early to know how everything will pan out but ultimately if every class runs the same single target dots it means all dps will be very close to each other with only slight differences.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes its good to see Warden get nice numbers. But as you said we will have to wait and see how it compares to other classes, but its good that Warden buffs 2 of the new Magic Damage DoTs.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Magden- hit 40.5k on the 3 mil in the PTS... my best parse on live is 40k. No sustain issues.

I need to take her out into the world to see how that compares, but I'm less worried after parsing a few times.
    Edited by SidraWillowsky on July 10, 2019 12:29AM