The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Class Rep] Warden Feedback Thread

• LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As i mentioned on the Warden discord , what if the Screaming Cliff Racer morph was changed to Every second cast grants you and up to 2 allies 1 empower. Then we wont have a range restriction and we have utility to give to our group as a dps.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »
    As i mentioned on the Warden discord , what if the Screaming Cliff Racer morph was changed to Every second cast grants you and up to 2 allies 1 empower. Then we wont have a range restriction and we have utility to give to our group as a dps.

I support this fully
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Unit117
    Unit117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see the green balance line do more than just heal. There’s so many exotic plants from murkmire that could be incorporated into it to do damage and other things. I love plant magic but the skill line is just not that great
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unit117 wrote: »
    I would like to see the green balance line do more than just heal. There’s so many exotic plants from murkmire that could be incorporated into it to do damage and other things. I love plant magic but the skill line is just not that great

Same. Personally I'd like them to have a spriggan pet or some kind of pet that acts like a totem. Have it do some kind of aoe where if you walk into it, you get healed, but if an enemy walks into it, they take damage.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Same. Personally I'd like them to have a spriggan pet or some kind of pet that acts like a totem. Have it do some kind of aoe where if you walk into it, you get healed, but if an enemy walks into it, they take damage.

TBH. Winter's Embrace is the only place to give damage skills. all but one morph of green balance is good and helpful. even then, Bursting Vines just needs to heal caster as well.

not many people use the other morphs of Ice Fortress, Polar Wind, Shimmering Shield and Frozen Device. even Crystallised Slab is pretty situational. plus people REALLY want a frost mage.

but if they were to be reworked, a spriggan pet that heals similar to how necro's mender works would be really cool. but i think that green balance should entirely stay for healing and support since it does that extremely well already.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on May 4, 2019 6:50AM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • sionIV
    sionIV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like having a jelly fish follow me around. :|
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    sionIV wrote: »

there's a netch pet :P
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PAIN PINT NUMERO UNO

Personally I feel the class was sold around ice and bear. And while the bear is fantastic one of the biggest gripes running this class mag or even stam, is not being able to use an AOE Ultimate when needed. If the bear could just have an AOE roar attached to it on back bar something more costly whatever to use in AOE heavy situations. Take for instance Black Rose or DSA we always put away the bear and run dawnbreaker and bow ulti. Or northern storm destro. The bear should be central front and center and give us options as it is an ultimate and it has to be double barred. Give us options. This could also help give it some presence in PvP.

PAIN POINT NUMERO DOS

With shalk being blockable now the class has absolutely no way to break through block. Either that needs to be undone or a stun PREFERABLY ICEICE BABY needs to be added that goes through block. Obviously a 1 person stun that eats block.

Also in general give a better ice theme!
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also in general give a better ice theme!

This is the number 1 thing for me personally. If there was a potent ice damage theme i don't think i would be as vocal about how little we are worth atm especially in PvE. But it there are so many issues anyway that i feel like it would have done it nonetheless. But i acknowledge and talk about all of our issues. Damn this class is disappointment central for a lot of things. except for healing. damn did they nail that. looks pretty and is really good
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on May 4, 2019 11:00AM
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sionIV wrote: »

👍
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I think the best thing to do is to make a straight up cryomancer class at this point. Making changes in Winters Embrace tree(which I feel was tacked on) will hurt the tanking part of the skill line and disrupt the warden class.
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anti_Virus wrote: »
    Honestly I think the best thing to do is to make a straight up cryomancer class at this point. Making changes in Winters Embrace tree(which I feel was tacked on) will hurt the tanking part of the skill line and disrupt the warden class.

not at all. our rework ideas change the morphs barely anyone uses.
  • Caim12
    Caim12
    ✭✭
    Hello. sorry 2 just isnt enough as i think its across the board that the problem lies - read or delete as you chose but as @Tryxus said most people put their input on the warden feedback thread for class balancing

Im going to give my views purely from a PVP perspective on the Mag Warden as i don't do trials or much more than vet dungeons and i think Magden is ok for me for PVE apart from the clunky weird timing rotation.
    I have been playing Magden solo and in small groups in PVP since its early release and im not far from rank 50 now and im not alone in thinking this class has certain short comings that punish you for choosing Magden as a solo pvp class.

The cliff racer is still way to slow for it to be a reliable spam-able and its to fast now to line up with timed burst combos ie - Fissure - cliffracer - force pulse. and the deals more damage based on how far away you are isnt great either as you're using deep fissure.
    Fetcher isn't a great dot for pvp and its another skill with no secondary status effects and having to cast it twice you soon get confused and have no idea if your casting the 50% stronger one or not. i know your hands glow but that's not a very good indication in a high octane fight.
    Betty netch is a good skill but it removing one negative status effect is a bit of a gimmick with everyone and their grandma running sloads and defile you have to spam betty netch 20 times in a row which you just cant do in a small scale or solo or 1vx fight. i would prefer this skill to have a charge and actually have a usable purge attached to it.
    Fungal growth - its to dam hard to target people, needs a bigger effective area or a circle around you instead of a cone.

Passives are good apart from there is nothing that benefits being a werewolf and nothing that deals damage, as the warden lacks a lot of damage on tap skills it would be nice to have some damaging passives like implosion - only that adds the chilled status effect.

My summery is Magden in PVP has to much utility and not enough combat skills, some of the utility could be bunched together.
    I would like to see the class be given a usable execute or a CC attached to cliff racer or fetcher (similar to javelin or cripple) or make fetcher like poison injection so its actually a decent dot that dose damage.
    The class has a lot of recovery and some cheep skills so i wouldn't mind if some skills got more expensive if they got some decent secondary effects.
    The animations need ironing out, there is some hidden cast times on most skills that put me at a disadvantage.
    A few side notes - i know that cliff racer in pvp when undogable was over performing but the second that was taken away and with the very high dodge chance in this game this skill has been broken ever since and its just a wasted space on the bar as now i run a CC from the destro tree.
    Why are other classes aloud undodgable skills ?? (Rhetorical question)
    Its confusing how the warden is a support class - but doesn't offer the best support.
    If we magdens are doomed to be support forever then at leased make us the best at healing ect.
    ( breath of life im looking at you )

agree :)
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Caim12 wrote: »
    Hello. sorry 2 just isnt enough as i think its across the board that the problem lies - read or delete as you chose but as @Tryxus said most people put their input on the warden feedback thread for class balancing

Im going to give my views purely from a PVP perspective on the Mag Warden as i don't do trials or much more than vet dungeons and i think Magden is ok for me for PVE apart from the clunky weird timing rotation.
    I have been playing Magden solo and in small groups in PVP since its early release and im not far from rank 50 now and im not alone in thinking this class has certain short comings that punish you for choosing Magden as a solo pvp class.

The cliff racer is still way to slow for it to be a reliable spam-able and its to fast now to line up with timed burst combos ie - Fissure - cliffracer - force pulse. and the deals more damage based on how far away you are isnt great either as you're using deep fissure.
    Fetcher isn't a great dot for pvp and its another skill with no secondary status effects and having to cast it twice you soon get confused and have no idea if your casting the 50% stronger one or not. i know your hands glow but that's not a very good indication in a high octane fight.
    Betty netch is a good skill but it removing one negative status effect is a bit of a gimmick with everyone and their grandma running sloads and defile you have to spam betty netch 20 times in a row which you just cant do in a small scale or solo or 1vx fight. i would prefer this skill to have a charge and actually have a usable purge attached to it.
    Fungal growth - its to dam hard to target people, needs a bigger effective area or a circle around you instead of a cone.

Passives are good apart from there is nothing that benefits being a werewolf and nothing that deals damage, as the warden lacks a lot of damage on tap skills it would be nice to have some damaging passives like implosion - only that adds the chilled status effect.

My summery is Magden in PVP has to much utility and not enough combat skills, some of the utility could be bunched together.
    I would like to see the class be given a usable execute or a CC attached to cliff racer or fetcher (similar to javelin or cripple) or make fetcher like poison injection so its actually a decent dot that dose damage.
    The class has a lot of recovery and some cheep skills so i wouldn't mind if some skills got more expensive if they got some decent secondary effects.
    The animations need ironing out, there is some hidden cast times on most skills that put me at a disadvantage.
    A few side notes - i know that cliff racer in pvp when undogable was over performing but the second that was taken away and with the very high dodge chance in this game this skill has been broken ever since and its just a wasted space on the bar as now i run a CC from the destro tree.
    Why are other classes aloud undodgable skills ?? (Rhetorical question)
    Its confusing how the warden is a support class - but doesn't offer the best support.
    If we magdens are doomed to be support forever then at leased make us the best at healing ect.
    ( breath of life im looking at you )

agree :)

That was from a long time ago lol
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess this is officially the lowest point that magden has ever hit. Bide your time folks. Play other classes, or try and tough it out.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like most people i will start a necromancer, but i know i will go back to warden. If only to cry lol
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• MoonFluff
    MoonFluff
    Soul Shriven
    Can we please get some pet skins to replace the bear
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MoonFluff wrote: »

Pet skins are so overdue, please make this happen
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MoonFluff wrote: »

Pet skins are so overdue, please make this happen

At this point, ZOS solving any of our pain points is overdue. but this too, is a legitimate painpoint. albeit a minor one.
  • Zardayne
    Zardayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd love to have those explosive plants in maelstrom arena. Kind of reminded me of the animist in Dark Age of Camelot.

Edited by Zardayne on May 11, 2019 4:18AM
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zardayne wrote: »

I'd love to have those explosive plants in maelstrom arena. Kind of reminded me of the animist in Dark Age of Camelot.

I don't directly think it should directly damage, rather have effects like adding a small amount of bonus light and heavy attack execute damage on lotus flower and morphs. We kinda see this with corrupting pollen
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on May 11, 2019 5:13AM
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't directly think it should directly damage, rather have effects like adding a small amount of bonus light and heavy attack execute damage on lotus flower and morphs. We kinda see this with corrupting pollen

Speaking of Corrupting Pollen, I'd much prefer for it to do a little damage as well. Preferably poison damage.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Speaking of Corrupting Pollen, I'd much prefer for it to do a little damage as well. Preferably poison damage.

I think they should start by increasing the size of the Healing Seed field (+morphs):

- It would make Budding Seeds less clunky and more reliable against certain trial bosses (the big ones)
    - And it would be a nice compensation for the upcoming COrrupting Pollen nerf, the Defile no longer sticks to players upon leaving the field.

That would be a nice QoL improvement for the skill imo. Though they may need to increase the cost somewhat with this change...
    Edited by Tryxus on May 11, 2019 8:29AM
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Gulnagel
    Gulnagel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will we ever get a buff to magica warden dps? I felt cheated on my money for 2 years.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »

I think they should start by increasing the size of the Healing Seed field (+morphs):

- It would make Budding Seeds less clunky and more reliable against certain trial bosses (the big ones)
    - And it would be a nice compensation for the upcoming COrrupting Pollen nerf, the Defile no longer sticks to players upon leaving the field.

That would be a nice QoL improvement for the skill imo. Though they may need to increase the cost somewhat with this change...

to be honest, it's radius is fine in my opinion
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Growing Swarm

Current:
    Unleash a swarm of Fetcherflies to relentlessly attack an enemy, dealing 1914 Magic Damage over 10 seconds.

When this ability ends, the fetcherflies infect up to 6 new targets near the enemy.

New:
    Unleash a swarm of Fetcherflies to relentlessly attack an enemy, dealing 1914 Magic Damage over 10 seconds.

Second cast of this ability infects up to 6 new targets near the enemy & causing them to miss all of their attacks for X seconds, blind effect X cooldown.

Fetcher Infection

Current:
    Unleash a swarm of Fetcherflies to relentlessly attack an enemy, dealing 1620 Magic Damage over 10 seconds.

Every second cast of this ability deals 50% increased damage.

New:
    Unleash a swarm of Fetcherflies to relentlessly attack an enemy, dealing 1620 Magic Damage over 10 seconds.

The damage over time deals up to 200% more damage to enemies with under 50% Health.

• LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting, but the execute on Fetcher Infection paired with the bear execute at below 25% health seems like a lot. What if its damage increased up to 200% the lower the targets health. (so maybe every 10% health it deals 20% more damage)
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Interesting, but the execute on Fetcher Infection paired with the bear execute at below 25% health seems like a lot. What if its damage increased up to 200% the lower the targets health. (so maybe every 10% health it deals 20% more damage)

Sounds good. I obviously don't have the data zos has, numbers given kinda placeholders X damage.

I like your idea though. Not sure their plan for eternal guardian down the road....really hoping single bar slot.
    Edited by Wolfpaw on May 15, 2019 12:04AM
  • Jessicaksch
    Jessicaksch
    Soul Shriven
    Alright, my favourite class is the warden and mostly its cosmetic stuff I hate:

-The pet choices should be more than just a bear (I'd rather play a cat, if we could at least have three animal choices: cat,wolf, bear)

-Some spells really get in the way and just don't make sense to me: the animal spells are all animals from morrowind and if you choose a race that is not dark elf, it doesn't really make sense to me.

-The Netch spell: that bar connection that keeps following you is very annoying, maybe if we could choose to show the animation of spells?
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfpaw wrote: »

Sounds good. I obviously don't have the data zos has, numbers given kinda placeholders X damage.

I like your idea though. Not sure their plan for eternal guardian down the road....really hoping single bar slot.

Yes unfortunately at the moment Eternal Guardian is a bit of a dead morph as in most content it doesn't die.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main