The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

[Class Rep] Warden Feedback Thread

• Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alright, my favourite class is the warden and mostly its cosmetic stuff I hate:

-The pet choices should be more than just a bear (I'd rather play a cat, if we could at least have three animal choices: cat,wolf, bear)

-Some spells really get in the way and just don't make sense to me: the animal spells are all animals from morrowind and if you choose a race that is not dark elf, it doesn't really make sense to me.

-The Netch spell: that bar connection that keeps following you is very annoying, maybe if we could choose to show the animation of spells?

Agree.

A few posts back I had an idea for netch, check it out!
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-The pet choices should be more than just a bear (I'd rather play a cat, if we could at least have three animal choices: cat,wolf, bear)

-Some spells really get in the way and just don't make sense to me: the animal spells are all animals from morrowind and if you choose a race that is not dark elf, it doesn't really make sense to me.

-The Netch spell: that bar connection that keeps following you is very annoying, maybe if we could choose to show the animation of spells?

Yes that has been the issue with a lot of people, the animals dont make sense. Though with the bear it is literally the classes symbol and logo. They would need to redesign that, but i am all for it, we have a grey skin for the bear why not a Senche and Wolf skin and maybe changing the skin changes the other skills animals too.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This is a pain point we've noted and one I've expressed myself. It doesn't allow much room for roleplay. And since its morrowind themed no no valid reason, why the hell does it have ice?
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    Best class to PVE
    Best animations, LOOK TO THIS DAMN ANGEL WINGS
    Fluffy Furry Friend and it's not Razum-dar
    Fulfill my dreams of being a Druid
    10/10

Also, Bosmer Warden = 60K DPS Druid
    Edited by yRaven on May 15, 2019 4:36AM
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a pain point we've noted and one I've expressed myself. It doesn't allow much room for roleplay. And since its morrowind themed no no valid reason, why the hell does it have ice?

Scorch and it’s morphs were supposed to be a haj mota, but some problem with the game server made zos change it. I wish it was the haj mota and not giant Beatles

Cliff racer should just be an eagle or hawk.
    Netch is fine I like the netch.

Ice theme as i said was tacked on. The class is supposed to be a nature based class using nature magic (hence the bear paw for class symbol) it seems like they ran out of ideas and made frost a tank element as a last ditch effort even though most ppl think it’s silly.

Still , I stand by what I said earlier instead of breaking the warden now just to get the ice mage theme it would be better suited to make a cryomancer class built from the ground up to deal frost damage. Or an offensive Magicka weapon skill line that deals frost magic damage.
    Edited by Anti_Virus on May 16, 2019 2:41AM
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yRaven wrote: »
    Best class to PVE
    10/10

There is not doubt that Stamina Wardens are in a great spot in both PVE and PVP. Most if not all of peoples issues are for Magicka Wardens and mostly in PVE.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    yRaven wrote: »
    Best class to PVE
    10/10

glad you like stamden. it's in a good spot.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anti_Virus wrote: »

Scorch and it’s morphs were supposed to be a haj mota, but some problem with the game server made zos change it. I wish it was the haj mota and not giant Beatles

Ice theme as i said was tacked on. The class is supposed to be a nature based class using nature magic (hence the bear paw for class symbol) it seems like they ran out of ideas and make frost a tank element as a last ditch effort even though most ppl think it’s silly

Still , I stand by what I said earlier instead of breaking the warden now just to get the ice mage theme it would be better suited to make a cryomancer class built from the ground up to deal frost damage. Or an offensive Magicka weapon skill line that deals frost magic damage

I understand how you feel. But them separating it is more unlikely then them reworking morphs to be actually used damage dealer skills.
  • Vizikul
    Vizikul
    ✭✭✭✭
    Netch is fine.

No, it's not. I would like to throw that disgusting jellyfish into red mountain's pools of bubbling lava. Nobody needs a jellyfish.
    Pugging. Pugging all the way to victory.
    Imperial Dragonknight --- male, stamina, heavy & medium armor, dual wield, one hand and shield, two handed.
    Breton Templar --- female, magicka, light armor, restoration staff.
    Redguard Warden --- female, stamina, medium armor, bow.
    Breton Sorcerer --- male, magicka, light armor, destruction staff.
    Imperial Templar --- male, stamina, medium armor, two handed.

Daggerfall Covenant loyalist
  • BrokenGameMechanics
    BrokenGameMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd put that new synergy on bursting vines. It's a green balance skill morph no-one uses. And thats a healer synergy. Doesnt fit on ice skills.

Bursting Vines is absolutely used. It is a HOT with eye popping numbers. It is one of the few skills that have high payoff for high play skill.

There should be FAR MORE Bursting Vine skills in this game and FAR LESS Earthgore.

I think ZOS made a mistake when they decided to lop the top off of skill play payoff and increase the free payoff for non-skill play.

Edited by BrokenGameMechanics on May 15, 2019 12:25PM
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd put that new synergy on bursting vines. It's a green balance skill morph no-one uses. And thats a healer synergy. Doesnt fit on ice skills.

Bursting Vines is absolutely used. It is a HOT with eye popping numbers. It is one of the few skills that have high payoff for high play skill.

There should be FAR MORE Bursting Vine skills in this game and FAR LESS Earthgore.

I think ZOS made a mistake when they decided to lop the top off of skill play payoff and increase the free payoff for non-skill play.

Bursting Vines is not used. Nature's Embrace is.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on May 15, 2019 1:01PM
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ice theme as i said was tacked on. The class is supposed to be a nature based class using nature magic (hence the bear paw for class symbol) it seems like they ran out of ideas and make frost a tank element as a last ditch effort even though most ppl think it’s silly

Still , I stand by what I said earlier instead of breaking the warden now just to get the ice mage theme it would be better suited to make a cryomancer class built from the ground up to deal frost damage. Or an offensive Magicka weapon skill line that deals frost magic damage

I understand how you feel. But them separating it is more unlikely then them reworking morphs to be actually used damage dealer skills.

Yep. But the question is, if that were to happen what use will animal companions be to you?
    Edited by Anti_Virus on May 16, 2019 2:40AM
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yep, but the question is, if that were to happen, what use will animal companions be to you?

Depends on if they get reworks too. Remember you still get bonuses for slotting them. But Swarm and Dive in their current forms are just raw damage.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on May 16, 2019 1:05AM
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vizikul wrote: »
    Netch is fine.

No, it's not. I would like to throw that disgusting jellyfish into red mountain's pools of bubbling lava. Nobody needs a jellyfish.

Nooooo :( don't hurt my cute little "Netch-That-Poots" :o He's a great little buddy <3
    Tryxus wrote: »
    Zardayne wrote: »
    Unit117 wrote: »
    I would like to see the green balance line do more than just heal. There’s so many exotic plants from murkmire that could be incorporated into it to do damage and other things. I love plant magic but the skill line is just not that great

I'd love to have those explosive plants in maelstrom arena. Kind of reminded me of the animist in Dark Age of Camelot.

I don't directly think it should directly damage, rather have effects like adding a small amount of bonus light and heavy attack execute damage on lotus flower and morphs. We kinda see this with corrupting pollen

Speaking of Corrupting Pollen, I'd much prefer for it to do a little damage as well. Preferably poison damage.

I think they should start by increasing the size of the Healing Seed field (+morphs):

- It would make Budding Seeds less clunky and more reliable against certain trial bosses (the big ones)
    - And it would be a nice compensation for the upcoming COrrupting Pollen nerf, the Defile no longer sticks to players upon leaving the field.

That would be a nice QoL improvement for the skill imo. Though they may need to increase the cost somewhat with this change...

to be honest, it's radius is fine in my opinion

With the Elsweyr update, the range of Corrupting Pollen is a bit too small to effectively put pressure on a group cuz it's way too easy to just roll dodge or walk out of it. Its use will be severely limited.

I'm not talking about a massive size increase like Templar's Ritual (would be too big for a placeable skill :p ) but big enough to keep enemies defiled just a bit longer. Trying to regain some of that pressure that Pollen offers now on live.

And like I said, it would also be a nice buff for Budding Seeds as well, at least against some of the bigger trial bosses out there. Easier placement for the tank to use the synergy and the area could possible be big enough to reach (some of the) DPSers as well.
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vizikul wrote: »
    Netch is fine.

Nooooo :( don't hurt my cute little "Netch-That-Poots" :o He's a great little buddy <3
    Zardayne wrote: »
    Unit117 wrote: »
    I would like to see the green balance line do more than just heal. There’s so many exotic plants from murkmire that could be incorporated into it to do damage and other things. I love plant magic but the skill line is just not that great

I'd love to have those explosive plants in maelstrom arena. Kind of reminded me of the animist in Dark Age of Camelot.

I don't directly think it should directly damage, rather have effects like adding a small amount of bonus light and heavy attack execute damage on lotus flower and morphs. We kinda see this with corrupting pollen

Speaking of Corrupting Pollen, I'd much prefer for it to do a little damage as well. Preferably poison damage.

I think they should start by increasing the size of the Healing Seed field (+morphs):

- It would make Budding Seeds less clunky and more reliable against certain trial bosses (the big ones)
    - And it would be a nice compensation for the upcoming COrrupting Pollen nerf, the Defile no longer sticks to players upon leaving the field.

That would be a nice QoL improvement for the skill imo. Though they may need to increase the cost somewhat with this change...

to be honest, it's radius is fine in my opinion

With the Elsweyr update, the range of Corrupting Pollen is a bit too small to effectively put pressure on a group cuz it's way too easy to just roll dodge or walk out of it. Its use will be severely limited.

I'm not talking about a massive size increase like Templar's Ritual (would be too big for a placeable skill :p ) but big enough to keep enemies defiled just a bit longer. Trying to regain some of that pressure that Pollen offers now on live.

And like I said, it would also be a nice buff for Budding Seeds as well, at least against some of the bigger trial bosses out there. Easier placement for the tank to use the synergy and the area could possible be big enough to reach (some of the) DPSers as well.

As a healden in bgs, i usually throw it down on them when they can't move with a stun or immobilize. It helps my group kill them. You don't need to keep it up on them 24/7. for that purpose its more than sufficient and i feel that the nerf is reasonable.
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played Templar and Necro for a while and i am now back on my Warden [Main]. And, funny enough, i now know better when and where the bear makes sense and is fun.

Please !! Pretty please, give the gampad UI a possibility to send the pet without attacking. There is no Y-click on the gamepad. Why not just use [heavy attack] while targeting a distant target even when i am using a melee weapon ? That would be a cheap and easy to implement way to send the bear without damaging the target myself.

Any button combination is welcome. Just let me send the bear please.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After building my Stam DPS I have a few points I wanna address.

I think the bear would benefit from being turned into a dot swipe. Actually thinking about it make it work like cleave. It's just a cone attack with upfront damage and a decent dot behind it.

I would like a morph of swarm to be stamina. I just feel it would balance the class better. The ice tree had no Stam morph, the healing tree is a decent split, but the animal tree is 1 to 1 excluding swarm. It just doesn't make any sense to me for it not to have a stamina morph.

Lastly I would love for artic blast to be anything else then what it currently is. Because I haven't been able to find a use for the new one. Honestly turn it into a damage shield instead of a heal.

Like cast a ice shard, when it hits an enemy gain a damage shield for 35% of your max health and stuns on impact. That makes it a unique class shield for warden that actually has some use for all different specs.

Tank gets a strong shield, while damages and healers get a nice stun. Also make it go through block and Dodge because warden needs a reliable stun outside of dawnbreaked and dizzying swing (clench for magicka). If needed adjust the range to add some counter play.
    PvP needs more love.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Classreps

Can you please ask ZOS about removing or allowing us to re-skin the Morrowind-specific theme from the Warden class?
  • Klingenlied
    Klingenlied
    ✭✭✭✭
    BuildMan wrote: »
    After building my Stam DPS I have a few points I wanna address.

I think the bear would benefit from being turned into a dot swipe. Actually thinking about it make it work like cleave. It's just a cone attack with upfront damage and a decent dot behind it.

I would like a morph of swarm to be stamina. I just feel it would balance the class better. The ice tree had no Stam morph, the healing tree is a decent split, but the animal tree is 1 to 1 excluding swarm. It just doesn't make any sense to me for it not to have a stamina morph.

Lastly I would love for artic blast to be anything else then what it currently is. Because I haven't been able to find a use for the new one. Honestly turn it into a damage shield instead of a heal.

Like cast a ice shard, when it hits an enemy gain a damage shield for 35% of your max health and stuns on impact. That makes it a unique class shield for warden that actually has some use for all different specs.

Tank gets a strong shield, while damages and healers get a nice stun. Also make it go through block and Dodge because warden needs a reliable stun outside of dawnbreaked and dizzying swing (clench for magicka). If needed adjust the range to add some counter play.

I am sooo much behind this.
  • Custos91
    Custos91
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest I would like to have a statement what the design philosophy behind the new arctic blast is.
    I have 7 Wardens, 4 of them on max level, one very nearly.
    I think 5 of my wardens are First Sergeant or higher.
    I have healed, tanked, done the stamden meele destroying (didn't like it), did and do the whole terror by birds thing (I was never keen on the ice mage root build, mostly because I tend to play alone and there is nobody to finish my enemies off then)
    I have and still do stamina heal and even got Emperor on that build.

I do and did my fair share of pve with wardens too.... (Issues are shelved for now, because this isn't the post about it)

But absolutely NONE of my build uses arctic blast in its new form and I am absolutely unable to find a use for it.

That is why I really want a statement what it is supposed to be!

The max health healing scaling suggests it is a tank skill, right?
    The missing damage on it also supports that somewhat (despite the fact that there is a passive in that tree, that can only trigger on damage, that would greatly help tanks by granting minor main)
    So, what tank build needs a single target ranged stun with a % based heal that you can't use without a target?
    If anything, that sounds like a pvp scenario, since in pve you will have better luck with just using portal / silver leash (+major maim from portal and a chance to procc minor maim from the ice damage it deals)

Now, please tell me, what pvp build benefits from using this build?

Flame and Shock destro have a better CC, with added single target / aoe damage and other interesting destro passives
    SnB has a better CC, again with better passives, especially for a classical tank build.
    By passives, even volcanic rune would probably win over arctic blast, with the 2% max magicka and 2% magicka regen.
    Any of these things also actually deal damage, a thing even a tank should always be doing in pvp, since what is the point of a tank that can't put pressure on people.

Now that roots also trigger CC immunity I can't even say a ranged tanky frost staff build would benefit from arctic blast, I guess you could have used it with frost clench before ?
    If you really hated blockade or gapcloser + griping shards that is...

For now I am actually not as much interested in changing that skill, but I REALLY want to know what this thing is supposed to be!

Some sort of "I don't have enough space on my bar for a stun + heal, so we move that into one skill for you?"

And what is the actual benefit over the old version of the abbility?
    Something that allowed tanks to put pressure on people and at least have a decent chance of triggering aoe minor maim?

Templar has aoe damage on sun shield and its morph, so that can't be it.
    DK has minor maim on talons, so that can't be it either (and here the minor maim is guaranteed, not a chance)

I mean I can see justifications for other changes warden has had, although I do not agree with many of them.
    But in this case I fully fail to understand the reason for the change, I do not see how warden became a better class because of it.
    I do not see how the game got more healthy because of it. Templar and DK have things that do at least one of these things, necros heal also scales with the amount of people hit, like templars, ours didn't even do that. Nor did it trigger the status effect guaranteed like DK.
    The damage was also not that great, even on a fully health built tank, not even with gripping shard on top.

There is no benefit I can find, and I gave this change a few months to sink in and let people come up with builds.
    Even changing it to a stamina based abbility on that morph would have been more useful (don't get any ideas though, stamden is doig fine in pvp and pve, reason Magden isn't always - just saying, just beeing careful)

So what in the name of the divines is the point of this?
    Did I miss something? Is there some unique warden playstyle that Zenimax wanted us to have that we have not yet found ?
    Warden Main apparently... 7 Wardens currently, otherwise a healer of every class.
    Mostly active in No CP PVP on EU, blaming the buffbot meta in pve.
    I want to feel like I am saving somebodies life, not like I am carrying amunition for them...
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ^ You're not missing anything. It's a garbage skill in every aspect and a lot of people on the forums said that much when it was changed. ZOS just doesn't care.
  • Iron_Blurr
    Iron_Blurr
    ✭✭✭✭
    #1 I guess my biggest complaint would be the fact that most of the green balance passives are completely useless on a full dps build. Most of them only do anything when casting a green balance skill. Dps and even warden tanks dont really use a lot of green balance skills.
    I wish those passives were more generally applicable to all builds. As a magden dps it feels like i leveled the whole skill line for nothing. I dont use any of the active abilities and even the toughness passive is redundant if you have another warden in group healing you.

#2 I wish bird of prey did something else upon activation. I like the speed buff and i like the passive minor berserk but major expedition feels a little lackluster compared to the psijic abilities channeled acceleration / race against time. Both of those abilities offer way more utility than bird of prey while also providing the same speed buff effect. Maybe make it so activating the wings gives expedition and the major regen buffs? Or give it minor force and the other morph snare removal? At least that way warden dps could gain a bar slot since it will effectively take the place of rearming trap/acceleration.
    I guess overall it just doesn't feel unique enough casting either morph of warden wings. Most of the time it just sits there on my bar for the animal companions passive but it never feels like something i WANT to run or ever plan on activating.
    Edited by Iron_Blurr on June 7, 2019 6:44AM
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Scrap shalks. Shalks is predictable, clunky, ugly, & a shadow of what it was.

Replace with Senche Rend (swipe, slap, punch, etc..idc), a instant cast close-mid range aoe/cone uppercut or swipe w/same morph effects as shalks.

Visually!
    https://thundercats.fandom.com/wiki/Claw_Shield
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swarm's morph Fetcher Infection is horrible, I wish it did something else like increase magic damage by 8% on the affected target for its duration, this would help Magdens DPS in trials and could not be abused by Stamdens.
    Edited by IronWooshu on June 7, 2019 7:12PM
  • Custos91
    Custos91
    ✭✭✭
    I hate to ping people, but could we have some sort of update on the Warden issues?
    @Joy_Division If I saw things right, you were the last classrep to acknowledge anything in here, back in April.

Any news?
    I know your love and passion lies with Templar and I respect that, but I don't know who the voice of the Warden is on the forums.
    Kinda helpless, sorry QQ

Edit:
    I know neither Magicka NB nor Magicka Necromancer are doing to hot currently as well.

But the issues with MagNB are new, not like the things we have here with Warden.
    And Magicka Necromancer at least has a synergies that not only a healer can make good use of and a major vulnerabillity ult, that will get them a raidspot. and minor vulnerabillity aoe...

We Wardens get minor toughness for the group - but only a healer can activate it permanently without sacrificing something (if a Warden tank doesn't run lifesteal)

I started dpsing on Magden recently and I felt awful for not bringing anything to the group. Couldn't even bring some flexibility via ult, because not running the bear is awful...

I stood in flakreath HM, feeling powerless without an execute, the bear running around randomly, hitting adds or doing nothing at all when I was rezzing, not being able to put any sort of pressure on the boss...

This was legitimately the worst I felt in ESO ever, the most useless ever...
    Edited by Custos91 on June 13, 2019 9:03PM
    Warden Main apparently... 7 Wardens currently, otherwise a healer of every class.
    I want to feel like I am saving somebodies life, not like I am carrying amunition for them...
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Custos91 wrote: »
    I hate to ping people, but could we have some sort of update on the Warden issues?
    @Joy_Division If I saw things right, you were the last classrep to acknowledge anything in here, back in April.

Any news?
    I know your love and passion lies with Templar and I respect that, but I don't know who the voice of the Warden is on the forums.
    Kinda helpless, sorry QQ

Edit:
    I know neither Magicka NB nor Magicka Necromancer are doing to hot currently as well.

But the issues with MagNB are new, not like the things we have here with Warden.
    And Magicka Necromancer at least has a synergies that not only a healer can make good use of and a major vulnerabillity ult, that will get them a raidspot. and minor vulnerabillity aoe...

We Wardens get minor toughness for the group - but only a healer can activate it permanently without sacrificing something (if a Warden tank doesn't run lifesteal)

I started dpsing on Magden recently and I felt awful for not bringing anything to the group. Couldn't even bring some flexibility via ult, because not running the bear is awful...

I stood in flakreath HM, feeling powerless without an execute, the bear running around randomly, hitting adds or doing nothing at all when I was rezzing, not being able to put any sort of pressure on the boss...

This was legitimately the worst I felt in ESO ever, the most useless ever...

Unfortunately, my only news is no (new) news.

I used to like playing my Warden, but havent done so in over a year now. It's just a pack mule.

ZOS's priority is standardizing/normalizing every ability in the game, which basically means their focused on ensuring that all the skills are in line which each other (and thus in theory, make OP builds less OP and UP builds better). They're still in this process, so pining down specific class concerns is going to have to wait. Or at least that's what they say: they have paid a lot of attention to NBs the past couple patches.

We have told ZOS of the issues you raise in PvE and longstanding stuff in PvP (terrible stun, over-reliance on "tank" ultimate, one-trick pony of stamdens, etc). We'll tell them again, but at the moment my guess is that much of their energies are going to be focused on fixing the necros.
  • Custos91
    Custos91
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the news though!

I want to see how they put frozen device and some other skills like quick siphon / energy siphon in line xD
    Scalding rune? the other morph of combat prayer? Entropy ? Soul Trap? revealing flare?
    In line with what?^^

:smile:
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It would make a lot of sense.

One of the biggest complaints about the game from magicka users is that you can't play it like you do the single player TES games, where damage is mostly elemental.

Another big complaint from magicka users - especially wardens - is the dearth of magicka damage abilities.

ZO could take the fire, shock and frost skill lines from dk, sorc and warden and make them non-class skill lines. Then develop a new line for each class. Eg. wardens could get a plant based damage line. Although if true to form, 3 out of those 5 new abilities would be buffs!
    mague wrote: »
    I played Templar and Necro for a while and i am now back on my Warden Main.

I dismissed necro initially. I'm really not into them thematically. Love warden's theme and visuals but only use 7 of its abilities. For an IP I associate with eye-popping freedom and variety it's truly awful.

Necro's only immediate appeal to me was the rez ultimate. But all 15 of their abilities are actually useful. That's a colossal improvement in gameplay variety. Bit weird them not having any perma pets and the whole corpse management and positioning business took some getting used to, but I did.

Their morph choices are also better. For several abilities I'm very torn on which way to swing. That's new.

After 2 years magicka wardens aren't much different and not currently substantial enough to play. Stamina's much better of course but only if you can throw immersion to the wind and embrace half of your magic abilities inexplicably being fueled by stamina, and they're kind of second rate at healing.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had a thought on how to fix Nature's Grasp / one of it's morphs which could also have some extra benefits - freeing up Frozen Retreat + maybe also Living Vines.

Change NG to give a synergy prompt to the target which would pull them to the caster. Alternatively the caster could activate the ability again to pull themself to the target. If after 2-3 seconds neither activates the pull, the heal over time or heal could trigger.

This would make it functional for me in PvE. Presently it's not. Anyone who needs it is probably somewhere I don't want to be. So I'd have to Frozen Retreat, wait for them to synergy it and then heal them. 2 ability slots plus waiting to do what pretty much any other heal could do instantly and more reliably.

If NG were made into a viable heal over time that might make Living Vines redundant. If so it could be replaced with a damage ability. The skill line is called Green Balance, not Green Healz. Some damage might be appropriate. Make one morph a reactive damage shield (i.e. when the vine player is hit, the vines hit back or hurl thorns at the attacker) and the other an aoe damage field around the vined player.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »
    Had a thought on how to fix Nature's Grasp / one of it's morphs which could also have some extra benefits - freeing up Frozen Retreat + maybe also Living Vines.

Change NG to give a synergy prompt to the target which would pull them to the caster. Alternatively the caster could activate the ability again to pull themself to the target. If after 2-3 seconds neither activates the pull, the heal over time or heal could trigger.

This would make it functional for me in PvE. Presently it's not. Anyone who needs it is probably somewhere I don't want to be. So I'd have to Frozen Retreat, wait for them to synergy it and then heal them. 2 ability slots plus waiting to do what pretty much any other heal could do instantly and more reliably.

If NG were made into a viable heal over time that might make Living Vines redundant. If so it could be replaced with a damage ability. The skill line is called Green Balance, not Green Healz. Some damage might be appropriate. Make one morph a reactive damage shield (i.e. when the vine player is hit, the vines hit back or hurl thorns at the attacker) and the other an aoe damage field around the vined player.

I really like this change to Nature's Grasp. much more control given to folks effected by it. however. you must consider that any new damage skills should be given to Winter's Embrace before anything else. you say that some damage might be appropriate. I don't think that it is, but i see why you would want something like that. Considering the passive skills of Green Balance. They are all based around healing and increasing it. Where as Winter's Embrace damage skills give a flat resistance increase for any slotted skills, as well as increased proc chance on chilled, which comes from frost damage. ever since the Great Blast Gutting of 2018, this passive has needed more things to work with. There is simply more passive benefit in giving these new damage skills to Winter's Embrace instead of Green Balance first. But there has been extremely high demand for new Frost Damage Skills on warden as many people, myself included want a viable Frost DPS Mage. I'm not saying it shouldn't happen. just that Winter's Embrace needs love first
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on June 15, 2019 12:37PM