Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Ritual of Retribution is doing as much damage as Elemental Blockade and also healing? huh?

• redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    Pve damage dealers

Ele weapons, jesus beam, solar barrage, inner light, blazing shards
    Wall of ele, rune, shield, flex, channeled acceleration

Strong skill but it might make my bar on the flex spot

When slotting this skill on multiple templars can potentially mean absolutely no need for healers, it starts to become an overall dps gain for the group, even if you have to drop something that is slightly higher dps to slot it. I can't see giving up the huge group synergy this provides for just a touch more dps, but I suppose it depends on the content being played. For 99% of the playerbase who don't do elite vet trials, this is a must slot ability I think.

Except ,with the changes to orbs and healing springs, you will still need a healer for main tank and a healer just for orbs and shards.

The 11 templars in your raid can all drop shards just fine :) Who needs orbs? If the tank is dying while standing in 11 circles, I'm sure a few of those templars could slot breath of life just in case.
    Options
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    x48rph wrote: »
    Well, with this and the changes to Eclipse, it's pretty clear I need to roll another templar for more than just healing now

Get a few other Templar friends, queue for a BG, drop 3-4 rituals, stand inside of them, win the BG as no one can stay alive inside of the circle long enough to do enough damage through the healing of the stacked rituals to kill any of you, ever.

edit: tbh even if you used just the healing morph, it would be pretty much impossible to die if you're at least a little competent. Or even if you aren't.
    Edited by ecru on July 8, 2019 11:19PM
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
    Options
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This will be more of a dungeon thing.
    Options
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ecru wrote: »

Get a few other Templar friends, queue for a BG, drop 3-4 rituals, stand inside of them, win the BG as no one can stay alive inside of the circle long enough to do enough damage through the healing of the stacked rituals to kill any of you, ever.

edit: tbh even if you used just the healing morph, it would be pretty much impossible to die if you're at least a little competent. Or even if you aren't.

Extended Ritual as foundation of the templar house, I hope wrobel still Plays, he would be proud :smiley:
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
    Options
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have concerns you really should provide some DPS/healing Templar parses for comparison (Multiple of each, not just one. n=1 is meaningless too), some actual in-game examples completing actual content. Tool-tip comparison like this is fraught with danger and is at best misleading when you're only looking at half the story.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
    Options
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pve damage dealers

When slotting this skill on multiple templars can potentially mean absolutely no need for healers, it starts to become an overall dps gain for the group, even if you have to drop something that is slightly higher dps to slot it. I can't see giving up the huge group synergy this provides for just a touch more dps, but I suppose it depends on the content being played. For 99% of the playerbase who don't do elite vet trials, this is a must slot ability I think.

Except ,with the changes to orbs and healing springs, you will still need a healer for main tank and a healer just for orbs and shards.

The 11 templars in your raid can all drop shards just fine :) Who needs orbs? If the tank is dying while standing in 11 circles, I'm sure a few of those templars could slot breath of life just in case.

Most HM trials ive done the tanks are outside of the stacked dps. Aetherian archive where the tank is away holding the axes or hel ra where everybody is spread out. Or vCR +3 where its highly mobile or sunspire where the tank is on the other side. Idk i get what your saying but i think it will be more of a dungeon issue
    Options
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try laying down a 4k RoR multiple times, it will chew into your sustain big time. Plus your giving up too much dps not having minor force, minor beserk or minor brutality etc...

I aggree its a strong skill but i see it being abused more in dungeon groups and at that point "who cares".

As far as pvp goes its decent but its the jack of all trades master of none kinda thing. 2 purges is helpful but very base, a small fairly meaningless snare is again basic, a heal is kinda meh after battle spirit, ok damage but nothing bursty and a awesome synergy
    Options
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, better buff this poor weak templar healer right ?
    NB, DK and Sorc heal are so strong rn, good job ZoS, hopefuly you truely know your game...

*** you.
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

Options
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cant keep up with you guys. 1 persons saying this will make elite trial healers obsolete, the next guy is insinuating (and possibly rightfully so) that this will make templar healers even more desirable, than they already are
    Edited by Drdeath20 on July 8, 2019 11:48PM
    Options
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try laying down a 4k RoR multiple times, it will chew into your sustain big time. Plus your giving up too much dps not having minor force, minor beserk or minor brutality etc...

I aggree its a strong skill but i see it being abused more in dungeon groups and at that point "who cares".

As far as pvp goes its decent but its the jack of all trades master of none kinda thing. 2 purges is helpful but very base, a small fairly meaningless snare is again basic, a heal is kinda meh after battle spirit, ok damage but nothing bursty and a awesome synergy

A 30% snare is never meaningless when it covers such a gigantic area. All of your enemies being permanently snared is one of the best advantages you could ask for both because it allows you to kite whenever you want, and it stops your enemies from effectively kiting you, giving you almost full control over the pace of the fight because you get to choose when to engage and disengage. Being that much more mobile than your opponents is probably one of the biggest advantages you could have in any pvp situation. Also due to the way that movement speed is calculated, a 30% snare is not fully mitigated by major expedition, so even with major expedition your movement speed is still lower than what it would be if you were not snared.

In high MMR BG matches, mobility is everything because the difference between living or dying is pretty much always whether you can kite effectively or not.
    Edited by ecru on July 8, 2019 11:54PM
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
    Options
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A 30% snare is never meaningless when it covers such a gigantic area. All of your enemies being permanently snared is one of the best advantages you could ask for both because it allows you to kite whenever you want, and it stops your enemies from effectively kiting you, giving you almost full control over the pace of the fight because you get to choose when to engage and disengage. Being that much more mobile than your opponents is probably one of the biggest advantages you could have in any pvp situation. Also due to the way that movement speed is calculated, a 30% snare is not fully mitigated by major expedition, so even with major expedition your movement speed is still lower than what it would be if you were not snared.

In high MMR BG matches, mobility is everything because the difference between living or dying is pretty much always whether you can kite effectively or not.

Soo it will be good in some situations? Whats wrong with that?
    Options
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing would be wrong with it if other abilities did as many different things as ritual does, but pretty much no other ability does, and abilities have been nerfed (Refreshing Path) with the reasoning being that they do "too much". Problem is, Refreshing Path wasn't ever doing nearly as many different things as Ritual is on PTS in any iteration. If anyone can offer up other abilities that provide the same amount of damage, healing, and group utility all at the same time over a large area, I'd like to hear it, because I can't think of any.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
    Options
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing would be wrong with it if other abilities did as many different things as ritual does, but pretty much no other ability does, and abilities have been nerfed (Refreshing Path) with the reasoning being that they do "too much". Problem is, Refreshing Path wasn't ever doing nearly as many different things as Ritual is on PTS in any iteration. If anyone can offer up other abilities that provide the same amount of damage, healing, and group utility all at the same time over a large area, I'd like to hear it, because I can't think of any.

Just my opinion but i think it will be OP for dungeon groups, kinda situational for certain trial bosses, non existant for most trial HM bosses, kinda strong and kinda weak at timea in pvp and no clue about BGs.

Id compare it to cloak more than i would compare it to refreshing path.
    Options
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nomNx39.jpg

It's also healing for as much as the new Healing Springs, but I couldn't fit that into the title. Also my Ritual of Retribution isn't fully leveled yet so those aren't the final numbers, but it's close enough.

Can someone tell me what's going on here? It's like the old Refreshing Path that also did damage, but on steroids because it does five other things on top of that.

Here's a list of things this single aoe ability is doing. And for anyone who doesn't know, it's probably the largest ground aoe in the entire game, unless I'm forgetting something.
    • Heals for as much as Healing Springs or Illustrious Healing, but over a much wider area
    • Does as much damage as Elemental Blockade, but over a much wider area
    • Removes two debuffs off of the caster
    • Provides the caster with Minor Mending
    • Snares everyone in a huge area over 12 seconds
    • Provides everyone inside of the wide area a synergy that removes all debuffs

ZOS? Anyone? It was already overloaded before but now the damage and healing has been basically doubled? Not to mention that the now doubled heal will last for 18 seconds with the other morph and the circle/synergy will last for 24 seconds, while it removes 5 debuffs off of the caster. Both morphs are basically 2-3 abilities in one.

Compared to Refreshing Path, this does damage, heals for almost as much, snares, covers five times the area, removes debuffs, gives minor mending, and provides a synergy that heals and removes all debuffs? The only thing Refreshing Path does besides healing is provides Major Expedition.

??????????????????

wtf is going on???????

I mean ignoring the 20% dmg on blockable, ones 2.6k and one is 4.2k magicka.

I mean, I'm fine with some of my abilities costing 60% more magicka as long as they do as much as 3-4 different abilities at once.

People need to imagine a few of these stacked in a BG. Is there anything that would provide a team with an advantage like this? Constant outgoing damage equal to two ele blockades, constant healing equal to a permanent vigor on everyone inside of it, a permanent snare, and a synergy that removes all debuffs?

The heals don't stack. People really need to know how the frame works before they comment like they know it all.
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pve damage dealers

I thought it was 11 stam Necros all dropping major vulnerability?
    Looks like we've got some trouble on our hands! More than one viable dps option!?!

Kill the Templars! Kill them before the NBs and Sorcs make new characters!!

HURRY!!!!!!!
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pve damage dealers

I thought it was 11 stam Necros all dropping major vulnerability?
    Looks like we've got some trouble on our hands! More than one viable dps option!?!

Kill the Templars! Kill them before the NBs and Sorcs make new characters!!

HURRY!!!!!!!

Well in his defense. Lets just say its an 2k heal/damage every 2 seconds × 11 thats 22k heal + damage every 2 seconds. But thats not how it works
    Options
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    nomNx39.jpg

It's also healing for as much as the new Healing Springs, but I couldn't fit that into the title. Also my Ritual of Retribution isn't fully leveled yet so those aren't the final numbers, but it's close enough.

Can someone tell me what's going on here? It's like the old Refreshing Path that also did damage, but on steroids because it does five other things on top of that.

Here's a list of things this single aoe ability is doing. And for anyone who doesn't know, it's probably the largest ground aoe in the entire game, unless I'm forgetting something.
    • Heals for as much as Healing Springs or Illustrious Healing, but over a much wider area

ZOS? Anyone? It was already overloaded before but now the damage and healing has been basically doubled? Not to mention that the now doubled heal will last for 18 seconds with the other morph and the circle/synergy will last for 24 seconds, while it removes 5 debuffs off of the caster. Both morphs are basically 2-3 abilities in one.

Compared to Refreshing Path, this does damage, heals for almost as much, snares, covers five times the area, removes debuffs, gives minor mending, and provides a synergy that heals and removes all debuffs? The only thing Refreshing Path does besides healing is provides Major Expedition.

??????????????????

wtf is going on???????

I mean, I'm fine with some of my abilities costing 60% more magicka as long as they do as much as 3-4 different abilities at once.

People need to imagine a few of these stacked in a BG. Is there anything that would provide a team with an advantage like this? Constant outgoing damage equal to two ele blockades, constant healing equal to a permanent vigor on everyone inside of it, a permanent snare, and a synergy that removes all debuffs?

The heals don't stack. People really need to know how the frame works before they comment like they know it all.

The heals from multiple individuals casting the same ability don't stack? I'm pretty sure they do.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
    Options
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nomNx39.jpg

??????????????????

wtf is going on???????

The heals from multiple individuals casting the same ability don't stack? I'm pretty sure they do.

Not ritual! Do you play the game?
    Options
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yahtzee
    Options
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nomNx39.jpg

??????????????????

wtf is going on???????

Not ritual! Do you play the game?

If ritual heals don't stack, it would be a bug unless it was specifically stated it is not meant to stack. The standard is that effects from multiple players stack and if they don't, it's an exception to the rule for specific situations. The old caltrops comes to mind. Unless it's stated that it's not intended to stack, I would fully expect this ability to be balanced around it fully stacking.
    Options
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ritual heals certainly stack on live, if they don't stack on PTS that's a change.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    md3788 wrote: »
    Blockade:
    217 Magicka/S
    1287 DPS
    20% additional damage to burning targets
    Has the ability to proc burning status as well as enchants
    Increases the chance to apply burning status (Elemental force)
    Ignores 10% enemy resistance (Penetrating magic)
    Restores 3600 magicka if an enemy dies (Destruction expert)
    18 meter range

Ritual:
    348 Magicka/S
    1242 DPS
    1155 HPS
    12 meter radius
    Purify Synergy

If you're talking about DPS, I think Blockade is clearly better.

Blockade is barely better with a flame staff, yes. Without a flame staff (lightning or frost blockade) and burning up, blockade will do about equal damage to Ritual of Retribution, and more when the burning debuff is on the target, but still over a much much larger area. That said, it does enough damage that I'd imagine magplars might include it in their rotation now if they can afford the cost.
    Minno wrote: »
    You’re right that this is not balanced with Refreshing Path. Refreshing should be changed to be in line with Ritual of Retribution. It’s not like Magblades are at risk of being overpowered.

As far as intent, Brian Wheeler specifically mentioned that Ritual’s healing was buffed to help fill the void left by the springs change. It is probably needed, and unlikely to be reverted.

Should also be noted blockade is every second. His tooltip will be 2500 off blockade and doesn't account for the fact it will ignore 10% armor plus apply enchants/poisons. And don't forget 20% extra DMG on burning targets. So it's like 3kx8= 24000.

And it costs dirt. Rit cost was increased as well. Look at that 4k cost and DMG every 2s lol. 2400x6 = 14000.

"OvERlOadED".

You may want to read my original post again. Ritual of Retribution does more things than just damage. A lot more. It also covers about 4-5 times the area of blockade. I'm not suggesting it's overloaded because it just does damage, I'm suggesting it's overloaded because it does damage equal to a destro staff ground aoe, heals equal to a resto staff ability ground aoe, snares everyone inside of the giant circle, provides minor mending, removes debuffs off of the caster, and provides your group with a synergy (providing resources back) that has a substantial heal and removes all debuffs. Hope that helps.

Yea it does sure, but it's like 10k less than blockade, doesn't proc enchants/poisons, and it's DMG doesn't proc a stats effect.

Is 10k DMG worth a heal+2 effect purge? Yes definitely
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭
    This skill meets the heal aoe and damage aoe criteria, while also cleansing and giving the purify synergy. Compare that to the DK's Inhale, for example. Its damage was buffed to almost meet the aoe standard, but less so, because the initial hit's heal was applied to its overall efficiency. They stated that the initial hit is half of the standard due to healing for 100% of the damage caused.

So taking that into account, how is this skill balanced compared to other skills? The cost? No, it's a large aoe that cleanses and gives a synergy. ZOS should half the healing and the damage to bring it in line with their established standards.

ZOS has gone against quite a few of their established standards set by their audit goals with this patch. Another example is turn evil. Compared to mass hysteria, it does what mass hysteria does plus adds extra effects. How is that balanced?
    Options
  • Cage_Lizardman
    Cage_Lizardman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So these are the kinds of massive nerfs it takes to make templar skills that few people use seem OP...
    Options
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The op's comparison is silly. Ritual is every 2 secs. Healing and Blockade are every 1 sec. The healing of Retribution has always been higher than extended. Templars were given higher healing and dmg with Retribution in exchange for only cleansing 2 harmful effects instead of 5. Retribution is also half the duration of Extended. And both morphs have received a resource cost increase.
    Options
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *insert why not both meme*
    Options
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It took about 2 years worth of other classes getting nerfed to finally get to here and it is only day 1 of the pts and here we are. Tooltip warrior eviscerating the forums.
    Options
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »
    The op's comparison is silly. Ritual is every 2 secs. Healing and Blockade are every 1 sec. The healing of Retribution has always been higher than extended. Templars were given higher healing and dmg with Retribution in exchange for only cleansing 2 harmful effects instead of 5. Retribution is also half the duration of Extended. And both morphs have received a resource cost increase.

ability a ticks 6 times for 200 damage over 12 seconds for a total of 1200 damage.
    ability b ticks 12 times for 100 damage over 12 seconds for a total of 1200 damage.

Which ability is better? Don't forget to show your work!
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
    Options
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

ability a ticks 6 times for 200 damage over 12 seconds for a total of 1200 damage.
    ability b ticks 12 times for 100 damage over 12 seconds for a total of 1200 damage.

The last time you posted on Templars it was about claiming how strong Dark Flare was with the major defile. You strongly supported the nerf to its damage because of the defile. However, players who play Templars every day spoke up about how the initial cast time was too long and it would never get used. You didn't listen. Guess what? I have yet to see Dark Flare being used since that patch went live. It's like a rare sight that your jaw drops when it happens. So I'm not sure how much players should pay attention to this thread.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The last time you posted on Templars it was about claiming how strong Dark Flare was with the major defile. You strongly supported the nerf to its damage because of the defile. However, players who play Templars every day spoke up about how the initial cast time was too long and it would never get used. You didn't listen. Guess what? I have yet to see Dark Flare being used since that patch went live. It's like a rare sight that your jaw drops when it happens. So I'm not sure how much players should pay attention to this thread.

That's because Templars are rarely seen outside of healing zerging because there mechanics they have on live don't support decent defense to justify the largely sustained pressure offense. Now with extra healing on extended ritual and living dark being proactive defense, Templar has been brought up to speed with other classes.

People like OP want to keep some classes down despite their intent on buffing underused classes/skills instead of huge nerfs (which is exactly this patch in a nutshell).

He's also a toolyip warrior, tried to prove that a litany of Templar abilities were overperforming even though they were balanced when looking at the full picture of basic combat situations.

#EndNoiseThreads2019
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options