The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Pirate Skeleton NEEDS adjustment

• ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trian94 wrote: »
    Pirate skeleton is overperforming no doubt. I've seen the set save lives in PvP that shouldn't be saved. Literally keeps people in the fight when they're spent. Witnessed it countless times in no cp PvP and in cp PvP. People say "uhm but it has minor defile as a drawback". Sorry but if you rock lingering pots or have a major/minor healing buff the pirate skeleton healing debuff becomes next to nothing because any healing becomes so much more effective when you take so much less damage and I'm not taking healing cp into account. (I'm gonna leave shield stackers with bright throat + bloody mara or loaded infusion out of this on purpose cause there's no point) I'd say the best course of action is to remove major/ minor protection from sets or these sets from PvP, as well as any hard proc of healing and damage like earthgore, viper etc regardless of how powerful it is. PvP sets should be around stats and so should proc sets be. Even if this were to happen tho adjustments might be needed in certain sets.

It's easy to say remove protection from sets when you're maining a stam sorc - the class with the best mobility in this game. You know some classes can't just reach corners and LoS by using streak to close the gap..

So because other classes don't have stamsorc mobility they should be rocking a set that doesn't allow you to bring them below 40% if they're half decent?

I've seen people pull solo or duo PvP without using that set on many classes and they were fine. This set is overperforming and it makes up for skill, period. People don't want it to go or get nerfed cause it makes them stupidly durable. I just hope it gets nerfed so I can watch them trying to git gud.

nah dude 80% major protection uptime is fine for equipping 2 pieces, youre just hating :^) /s
    For real though, it would be way too strong for a 5 piece set, let alone 2 pieces LOL.
    Look at compareable options out there that require you to wear 5 pieces, all of them are strictly worse and have way larger drawbacks than pirate skeleton, because whats minor defile if snipe applies the same debuff to you.
    The real drawback of this set are all the bugs that come with it when you transform to a skeleton.
    Edited by ATomiX96 on July 3, 2019 3:29PM
  • Trian94
    Trian94
    ✭✭✭✭
    ATomiX96 wrote: »
    Pirate skeleton is overperforming no doubt. I've seen the set save lives in PvP that shouldn't be saved. Literally keeps people in the fight when they're spent. Witnessed it countless times in no cp PvP and in cp PvP. People say "uhm but it has minor defile as a drawback". Sorry but if you rock lingering pots or have a major/minor healing buff the pirate skeleton healing debuff becomes next to nothing because any healing becomes so much more effective when you take so much less damage and I'm not taking healing cp into account. (I'm gonna leave shield stackers with bright throat + bloody mara or loaded infusion out of this on purpose cause there's no point) I'd say the best course of action is to remove major/ minor protection from sets or these sets from PvP, as well as any hard proc of healing and damage like earthgore, viper etc regardless of how powerful it is. PvP sets should be around stats and so should proc sets be. Even if this were to happen tho adjustments might be needed in certain sets.

It's easy to say remove protection from sets when you're maining a stam sorc - the class with the best mobility in this game. You know some classes can't just reach corners and LoS by using streak to close the gap..

So because other classes don't have stamsorc mobility they should be rocking a set that doesn't allow you to bring them below 40% if they're half decent?

I've seen people pull solo or duo PvP without using that set on many classes and they were fine. This set is overperforming and it makes up for skill, period. People don't want it to go or get nerfed cause it makes them stupidly durable. I just hope it gets nerfed so I can watch them trying to git gud.

nah dude 80% major protection uptime is fine for equipping 2 pieces, youre just hating :^) /s
    For real though, it would be way too strong for a 5 piece set, let alone 2 pieces LOL.
    Look at compareable options out there that require you to wear 5 pieces, all of them are strictly worse and have way larger drawbacks than pirate skeleton, because whats minor defile if snipe applies the same debuff to you.
    The real drawback of this set are all the bugs that come with it when you transform to a skeleton.

If only you could bypass them bugs. Oh wait......

Lmao
    PC EU

Stamina Socerer main - Northam Stormborn
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lets say they nerf the uptime- 8 seconds with an 8 second cool down- how many players insta drop it for shadowrend...
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Having no diminishing returns on armor stacking is just as broken as skelly pirate to be honest.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having no diminishing returns on armor stacking is just as broken as skelly pirate to be honest.

Strong sure- but PS is ridiculous considering a 2 pc
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is this a my one button ‘snipe’ spec isn’t working?

It’s a good set but I don’t think it’s so out of line it deserves a 100 reply thread.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Trian94
    Trian94
    ✭✭✭✭
    Insco851 wrote: »

Lets say they nerf the uptime- 8 seconds with an 8 second cool down- how many players insta drop it for shadowrend...

Shadowrend affects 1 person and is minor maim so people aren't likely to pick it for open world. Still strong for 1v1s though
    PC EU

Stamina Socerer main - Northam Stormborn
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mursie wrote: »
    Zelos wrote: »
    2 handicapping yourself becuase you want to feel morally superior to everyone for not using cheese. Here's a thought, stop dragging your morals in the game and run the "meta".

there is some truth to this comment. I struggle with this concept often.

At the end of the day, my morals and integrity will not allow me to hypocritically embrace the very brokenness i openly despise.

You would easily win a dodgeball game against 5 year olds simply because of your "stat" advantage as an adult. Still, I'd rather not participate in that competition than do so and win every time. The victories would feel pretty hollow.

@mursie the thing about the “cheese” is that it’s often limited in usefulness to situations where the wearer outnumbers their opponent. Think single target proc sets... great for Xv1, horrible for 1vX.

Using many of the cheese builds is basically an admission that you will never seek out challenging fights... not because the cheese makes fights unchallenging, but because the cheese only works in unchallenging fights.

PS wouldn’t be cheese though. It’s just straight up overpowered.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insco851 wrote: »

No one would drop it for shadowrend in open world, people would go back to bloodspawn, shadowrend is a pure 1v1 set as you cant control on who youre gonna proc the minor maim.

Also think about how many sources there are for minor maim vs sources of major prot, that also plays a huge part why this set is overperforming.
    Edited by ATomiX96 on July 4, 2019 7:18AM
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wall of text. Found a shorter away.
    Edited by raasdal on July 4, 2019 10:32AM
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Minno

Sorry for the late reply to the math here. Thank you for providing it.

Just to clarify with your own math. Below are your damage taken, with / without Steadfast Hero, and without vulnerability.

21220 * (0.70)*(.73)*(.91)*(0.50)*(0.8536) = 4,211
    21220 * (.73)*(.91)*(0.50)*(0.8536) = 6,016

My ONLY point is, that you should do the above calculation like this;

Either 1) Use PvP Tooltip by applying 50% BEFORE the calculation

10610 * (0.70)*(.73)*(.91)*(0.8536) = 4,211
    10610 * (.73)*(.91)*(0.8536) = 6,016

Or 2) Do a 50% reduction on the final total.

(21220 * (0.70)*(.73)*(.91)*(0.8536)) * 0,5 = 4,211
    (21220 * (.73)*(.91)*(0.8536)) * 0,5 = 6,016

You calculation is absolutely correct. But i am advocating the removal of battlespirit from this calculation, to help less experienced players making the same mistake as we saw earlier in this thread (thinking that Major Protection would never be more than 15% because of battlespirit).

I am NOT advocating to not calculate vulnerability, major / minor protection etc. as these will most surely give diminishing returns, as you showed in the calculation. But that is totally not the point. The point is, that Battlespirit is NOT causing any diminishing returns at all.
    Edited by raasdal on July 4, 2019 10:34AM
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    You guys are all aware that the order does not matter in a multiplication, right?
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Is this a my one button ‘snipe’ spec isn’t working?

It’s a good set but I don’t think it’s so out of line it deserves a 100 reply thread.

You really need to play some CP open world and get a sense of things for a solid chunk of the PvP population if it isn't a plurality or even a majority of the PvP population. "Just a CP problem" means a real problem for a lot of people esp. in offtime open world and for people that don't like being in 48-86+ zergs.

P.S. PS doesn't stop the health desync snipe spam builds anyways, and even to a degree encourages them by making very traditional kiting based open world builds less rewarding. Even on 8 snipes SP isn't 50% to proc (1-((.92)^8))=0.48678112686... so relying on it to save you from laggy BS kills would be bold.
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In before ZeniMax nerfs Physical and Spell Resistance.