Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is Necromancer Goliath Bash Spam intended?

• wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Insco851 wrote: »
    How many folks stand in the stationary destro ults? That’s basically the same effect colossus has in open areas.
    The problem is not a single goliath basher open field though. When you get hit by one of these groups they negate, streak and encase you as 3+ bashers roll through and kill you in literally a second.
    I think he was referring to the Colossus. It's incredibly powerful against not-so-good players (not that you really need it then), and even strong against good players under the right circumstances.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ahh, my bad. Still see some colossuses...colossi? But not nearly as punishing ax the goliath in non cp pvp. Takes a good stack of opponents for the colossus to be effective/useful.
    Edited by Kartalin on June 27, 2019 5:52AM
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • eovogtb16_ESO
    eovogtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gE8gJLz.jpg
  • eovogtb16_ESO
    eovogtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gE8gJLz.jpg

just gonna keep posting these until they fix this or make a response to address it.
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually think it is a good thing. Annoying get killed by it in small scale but after watching Fengrush group last night defending a keep against all of the AD faction and listening to his explanation, I think he is right. We have asked for a way to fight outnumbered against zergs and we have one.

Groups and players need to learn to adapt. Spread out, use tactics. And open different wholes around keeps, etc.

When I die to it it’s frustrating but I didn’t get out of way quick enough. However, I get even. Takes awhile to build it back up and necros are free kills outside that form for the most part.
  • eovogtb16_ESO
    eovogtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OIM0obe.jpg
  • eovogtb16_ESO
    eovogtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eqwk3Gk.jpg
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShadowProc wrote: »
    I actually think it is a good thing. Annoying get killed by it in small scale but after watching Fengrush group last night defending a keep against all of the AD faction and listening to his explanation, I think he is right. We have asked for a way to fight outnumbered against zergs and we have one.

Groups and players need to learn to adapt. Spread out, use tactics. And open different wholes around keeps, etc.

When I die to it it’s frustrating but I didn’t get out of way quick enough. However, I get even. Takes awhile to build it back up and necros are free kills outside that form for the most part.

By a way to combat zerg I figured out a actual counter to only zergs would be appropriate.

Yet nec bashes counter everything, ever been zerged by this or has you're small scale decided by 2 enemy necs going bash?
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Since it takes literally 1s for 3 hits which is about the duration of dodge roll animation or time it takes in sprint speed to leave area of necro that is following you not in sprint speed I assume you saying its good things while trying to push "didn’t get out of way quick" as defense just means you either have absolutely no idea what you are talking about or you are happy tank happy with mechanics in the game that make it more and more necessary to stack mitigation against nearly unavoidable attacks.
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Fengrush turned into a complete zergling so of course he approves. Yes we needed a way to combat zergs, but a solution that screws over smaller groups or solo players as well or even more is not what was needed. Same *** with bleeds and oblivion damage supposedly countering tanky players. Guess what? Squishier players get screwed over even more. ZOS is overall pretty bad at implementing counters.
    Edited by Koensol on June 27, 2019 1:39PM
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fengrush wasn’t outnumbered last night, that’s just the line he feeds his sheep.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bash spam groups running this are organized. I was wondering why I kept getting stuck in the bash and unable to move out of it. Then I saw they are casting timestop , talons and other stuns/immobilize to hold you for the 2 seconds it takes the basher to hit you 5x at 6-9k per bash...= dead,
    The other issue is often I can't see them transform. The transform slows you down and take a second or two so in theory you should be able to see it and dodge roll or sprint away. But often I just drop dead without seeing the goliath transform.
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭

By a way to combat zerg I figured out a actual counter to only zergs would be appropriate.

Yet nec bashes counter everything, ever been zerged by this or has you're small scale decided by 2 enemy necs going bash?

I answered that in my post. Yes it kills soloers and small groups too. But I just get even. Run right back and melt them. Reposition away from them or use line of sight. Although I don’t know if it is intended or not but if feels like it ignored line of sight. anyone test this?
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »

Fengrush turned into a complete zergling so of course he approves. Yes we needed a way to combat zergs, but a solution that screws over smaller groups or solo players as well or even more is not what was needed. Same *** with bleeds and oblivion damage supposedly countering tanky players. Guess what? Squishier players get screwed over even more. ZOS is overall pretty bad at implementing counters.

I disagree. I use to get frustrated with Fengrush xv1ing me in his groups. It I watch his stream now killing time and I see he is just playing to win. He sees everyone as a threat to put up a camp or rez players. To his credit he rides right past if it is not a contested objective.

I am not saying I like it in its current form. I like it melts zergs though that are skilless. I would prefer it increase it’s damage the more players in an area. But i know that won’t happen as it will add more calculations to server.
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fengrush wasn’t outnumbered last night, that’s just the line he feeds his sheep.

Are you kidding? Watch last 2 hours of stream. Lmao. It was easily the whole AD faction.
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative

This is just a justification by someone using an overpowered mechanic to cheese.

Same thing happened with procs.

Same thing happened with permabats.

The list continues.
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • eovogtb16_ESO
    eovogtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YP3hLbY.jpg
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    erio wrote: »
    Im sure at this point there is no need to inform you of what the Bone Tyrant necromancer skill tree ultimate Pummeling Goliath is capable of. Its not a hard setup. Sword & Board, and some bash damage enchants on your jewelry. Throw your points into stam and slap on hundings or some other damage set and you're ready to go. First of all, before we ask the question of "is this intended?" we must first know of what bone Goliath is capable of. If you get killed
    xfIIXbq.jpg
    (not my image. Would of screenshotted my multiple experiences i've had but I dont have screenshot key bound and I forgot to anyway lol)
    Your damage recap is going to look a little something like this. All bash and maybe the shield gap closer in there somewhere. Now spamming one attack that does 6k+ damage isnt necessarily broken. Hey if someone wants to spam Wrecking Blow, power to them, but the problem with this ultimate, is that bashes can be done INCREDIBLY fast. Id say about 2 a second. 14k (aoe) damage a second, with not a huge cost behind it? Alright something isnt right here, but there must be a way to avoid this right? Only if you're the fastest person in your group. The S&B gap closer usually covers this though. If you're a mag toon or out of stam from running, one of these bad boys will shut ya down real quick. So obviously you'd want to become tankier so you don't die in 2 seconds right? Nope still dead. Now some of the necromancers defending this ulti, are saying that its "easy to avoid", "only lasts 20 seconds", and "costs a lot". First of all 20 seconds is enough time for the necro to kill you and everyone around you. Remember this ultimate makes the bash AOE. Second of all 230≈(idk exact all passives reduced cost) ultimate is easily reached by a necromancer. Id say they have some of the best ulti gain.
    The 55k hp does make a necromancer rather tanky, but not unkillable on its own. But when the necro can slam out all this aoe damage, its nearly impossible to shut it down.

Now id like to ask the question "Is this intended"
    Will it be changed?

I've watched a high viewer streamer play the bash necro in Bgs, and he said he said he had reported this is the first week of the Elsweyr pts. Im sure other's might of realized this too. Looking at the ulti tooltip, it says it changes the bash. Who, on the PTS, wouldnt want to play around with this? It should of obviously been known it was broken. Maybe they where too busy changing NBs to realize. This makes me question if it was intended.
    I really hope this is NOT intended. Its not fun for people who where one second having a grand old time slapping ye old town nightblade around, only to realize that a necromancer ran in from behind and killed ya all in 2.4 seconds.
    Honestly what made me want to post this isnt because I got killed by one of these guys a few times. So far its rather few and far between, and I havent seen a ton of them yet. But after watching that streamer, what made we want to ask this, was because I felt bad for the people killed in the BG.

Yes noobs need it.
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :D
    @Lucky28 :D does it need a Nerf? No, probably not...

That being said, I seriously doubt ZoS won't so something that hits both just to be safe

Game is pay to win. Why on earth they care
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on June 28, 2019 12:08AM
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insco851 wrote: »
    How many folks stand in the stationary destro ults? That’s basically the same effect colossus has in open areas.
    The problem is not a single goliath basher open field though. When you get hit by one of these groups they negate, streak and encase you as 3+ bashers roll through and kill you in literally a second.

Colossus =/= Goliath?

Edit: Saw it was confusion. All good.
    Edited by Insco851 on June 28, 2019 12:14AM
  • Synozeer
    Synozeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YP3hLbY.jpg

Woohoo, my oil pour is famous!
    Watch my PvP Videos on YouTube

Azoi - Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - 1st DC NA Grand Overlord
    Hzarn - Templar - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - Grand Overlord
    ...and many more.
  • Beaverton
    Beaverton
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure this isn't "working as intended." Bash is doing siege damage!!! WTF!

PS Not my vid. Not sure who made it or if it has been posted already.

Chook (fill in the blank) or Chookana (likewise): I learn more by dying so teach me some more!
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hey everyone,

We've seen your feedback and concerns about the Pummeling Goliath ability and the detrimental impact it is currently having in PvP content. As a result, we have some significant changes coming for the ability and other related mechanics in next week's incremental patch. Watch for full details in the patch notes on Monday. :smile:
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

We've seen your feedback and concerns about the Pummeling Goliath ability and the detrimental impact it is currently having in PvP content. As a result, we have some significant changes coming for the ability and other related mechanics in next week's incremental patch. Watch for full details in the patch notes on Monday. :smile:

Wow you guys got it nerfed already. Sad face.

I low key hope it’s an indirect buff :lol:
    Edited by Insco851 on June 28, 2019 9:20PM
  • Mitaka211
    Mitaka211
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

Now if you can actually bother to balance the other classes , that would be great, thaaanks
  • Phreeki
    Phreeki
    ✭✭✭
    The best way to nerf Necro Bash is to nerf Sorc......duh
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    a balance change in an incremental patch? thats unexpected but most welcome
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2FUPgKiUGwd8miY%2Fgiphy.gif&f=1
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome - If ZOS can just make this Necro class any worse for pvp that would be great. 👍

Suggestion : Give ballerina shoes to the pets and shimmy on it's tippytoes to each enemie. 😂
    Edited by WeylandLabs on June 29, 2019 1:07AM
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

Wait so you're not waiting until next dlc to fix this? Well I'm pleasantly surprised