Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is Necromancer Goliath Bash Spam intended?

erio
erio
✭✭✭✭✭
Im sure at this point there is no need to inform you of what the Bone Tyrant necromancer skill tree ultimate Pummeling Goliath is capable of. Its not a hard setup. Sword & Board, and some bash damage enchants on your jewelry. Throw your points into stam and slap on hundings or some other damage set and you're ready to go. First of all, before we ask the question of "is this intended?" we must first know of what bone Goliath is capable of. If you get killed
xfIIXbq.jpg
(not my image. Would of screenshotted my multiple experiences i've had but I dont have screenshot key bound and I forgot to anyway lol)
Your damage recap is going to look a little something like this. All bash and maybe the shield gap closer in there somewhere. Now spamming one attack that does 6k+ damage isnt necessarily broken. Hey if someone wants to spam Wrecking Blow, power to them, but the problem with this ultimate, is that bashes can be done INCREDIBLY fast. Id say about 2 a second. 14k (aoe) damage a second, with not a huge cost behind it? Alright something isnt right here, but there must be a way to avoid this right? Only if you're the fastest person in your group. The S&B gap closer usually covers this though. If you're a mag toon or out of stam from running, one of these bad boys will shut ya down real quick. So obviously you'd want to become tankier so you don't die in 2 seconds right? Nope still dead. Now some of the necromancers defending this ulti, are saying that its "easy to avoid", "only lasts 20 seconds", and "costs a lot". First of all 20 seconds is enough time for the necro to kill you and everyone around you. Remember this ultimate makes the bash AOE. Second of all 230≈(idk exact all passives reduced cost) ultimate is easily reached by a necromancer. Id say they have some of the best ulti gain.
The 55k hp does make a necromancer rather tanky, but not unkillable on its own. But when the necro can slam out all this aoe damage, its nearly impossible to shut it down.

Now id like to ask the question "Is this intended"
Will it be changed?

I've watched a high viewer streamer play the bash necro in Bgs, and he said he said he had reported this is the first week of the Elsweyr pts. Im sure other's might of realized this too. Looking at the ulti tooltip, it says it changes the bash. Who, on the PTS, wouldnt want to play around with this? It should of obviously been known it was broken. Maybe they where too busy changing NBs to realize. This makes me question if it was intended.
I really hope this is NOT intended. Its not fun for people who where one second having a grand old time slapping ye old town nightblade around, only to realize that a necromancer ran in from behind and killed ya all in 2.4 seconds.
Honestly what made me want to post this isnt because I got killed by one of these guys a few times. So far its rather few and far between, and I havent seen a ton of them yet. But after watching that streamer, what made we want to ask this, was because I felt bad for the people killed in the BG.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Good question, I don’t think so. Don’t use that morph because I find it cheesy.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking at the morph, I'd wager that it's kind of intended, but not at the damage numbers that people are able to reach right now.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I said this in a different thread and I'll say it here; it's gonna get changed.

This is an unbiased opinion based purely on my observations on the subject and compared to similar situations in the past.

A bash cool down may be placed on the ult
    The length of the ult may be reduced
    The scaling of the damage may be altered

But I have a feeling both morphs will be reduced in some manner
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering no skill has a CD it would seem it is intended. The direction this should be looked at is comparable burst dps that can be done with other skills in the game.
  • Noobslayer3255
    Noobslayer3255
    ✭✭✭
    This morph needs to just be flat out removed. The ultimate is already an instant 30k heal and gives you 30k more health. But yea sure why not add a 10k+ tooltip AoE bash that you can cancel your spammable with. So in addition to becoming a health tank god you are pushing out massive AoE damage. You can push the tooltip over 20k if you really want to. Use it on sword and board and you're bashing fools for 10k per hit. AoE btw.
    Edited by Noobslayer3255 on June 7, 2019 4:11AM
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's quite simple. Compare this to say the destruction staff Eye of the Storm ultimate, similar cost and also AOE. EotS does something like 5k damage in Battlegrounds per second per target. Admittedly its 360 degrees and has a larger radius.
    Pummeling Goliath by comparison can do roughly 10-14k damage per second per target. And gives a 30k health bonus to boot. And does passive AOE damage that heals. And lasts 20 seconds.

Anyone can see how this is not in line with other ultimates. Hell, even the hardest hitting single target ultimate in the game, Onslaught, if you build around that ultimate, crits for 12-18k damage once in Battlegrounds depending on crit resistance.
  • Sleep724
    Sleep724
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its almost as if ZOS ignores the feedback that they ask for on the PTS. Or, more likely, they simply don't have enough staff to fix it all before the release date and decide to push out an unfinished product, which has become an ever expanding problem in the gaming industry.
  • Nemeliom
    Nemeliom
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno please look into this before it spreads.
    Thanks!
    Baradur Morker - Level 50 Bosmer Nightblade
    Le-Duck - Level 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Boom-Stormer - Level 50 High Elf Sorcerer
    Nemeliom the Great - Level 50 Redguard Warden
    Crazy Little Maggie - Level 50 High Elf Templar
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Over the years, I'm sure I'm not alone in observing the ZOS priorities regarding balancing skills:
    1. Does the player feel good/strong/awesome while using it?
    2. Does it fit the intended theme?
    3. If 1 and 2 are true, don't worry about whether the skill is too powerful, easily abused, completely overpowered in certain scenarios, made worthless by another more recent change, or never used by any player because it's not worth slotting.
    Edited by Sandman929 on June 7, 2019 1:18PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    Over the years, I'm sure I'm not alone in observing the ZOS priorities regarding balancing skills:
    3. If 1 and 2 are true, don't worry about whether the skill is too powerful, easily abused, completely overpowered in certain scenarios, made worthless by another more recent change, or never used by any player because it's not worth slotting.

Nah, don’t think they’ll leave it. It can be pretty gamebreaking.

They’d hurt themselves a lot by turning people off pvp.
    Edited by Iskiab on June 7, 2019 1:34PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Sandman929 wrote: »

Nah, don’t think they’ll leave it. It can be pretty gamebreaking.

They’d hurt themselves a lot by turning people off pvp.

they should give it a 50% snare self bufff lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordTareq wrote: »
    It's quite simple. Compare this to say the destruction staff Eye of the Storm ultimate, similar cost and also AOE. EotS does something like 5k damage in Battlegrounds per second per target. Admittedly its 360 degrees and has a larger radius.
    Pummeling Goliath by comparison can do roughly 10-14k damage per second per target. And gives a 30k health bonus to boot. And does passive AOE damage that heals. And lasts 20 seconds.

Anyone can see how this is not in line with other ultimates. Hell, even the hardest hitting single target ultimate in the game, Onslaught, if you build around that ultimate, crits for 12-18k damage once in Battlegrounds depending on crit resistance.

Not only that, it can follow you around, unlike Eots lol
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    they should give it a 50% snare self bufff lol.

Maybe that and a longer "transformation" to maybe give people enough time to back out of there lol

• koralr33fer
    koralr33fer
    ✭✭✭
    Just googled Goliath bash to see wtf killed me so quick and wound up here, guy just destroyed a whole group with this, it’s def too OP
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is an unbiased opinion based purely on my observations on the subject and compared to similar situations in the past.

i honestly don't think the other morph needs a nerf. the other morph (name escapes me at the moment) is tanky but cost alot and doesn't really offer much in terms of damage. pummeling on the other hand, cost alot, is tanky and has absurd amounts of damage.... i think if pummeling lost the 30K health it would probably be okay.
    Invictus
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lucky28 does it need a Nerf? No, probably not...

That being said, I seriously doubt ZoS won't so something that hits both just to be safe
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lucky28 does it need a Nerf? No, probably not...

That being said, I seriously doubt ZoS won't so something that hits both just to be safe

which i wouldn't really care about. it's cool ult sure, but not that effective in most situations.
    Invictus
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    U can bash 2x per second, that's the problem
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They could just make it increase the cost of bags while active to be restrictive
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer is winner, Others are losers, ESO became Pay to Win.
    ZOS needs more money to give an oil party with ruby virgins at the gold house.
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Sounds like a L2P issue"

Lol, what was ZOS thinking?
  • prototypefb
    prototypefb
    ✭✭✭✭
    Problem of bash is it is doubled by s&b passive and can be significantly boosted by glyphs,take that away and it hits weak af,still powerful enough to slot it
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Problem of bash is it is doubled by s&b passive and can be significantly boosted by glyphs,take that away and it hits weak af,still powerful enough to slot it

That not all. The other problem is that bash has a separate cooldown to skills and light attacks, one that is under half a second. So you can land at least 2 bashes in one second.

Honestly, they should just convert light attacks to the AoE swipe, as opposed to bash. They already have code from Overload and the Psijic healing skill, which also takes care of the skill not getting buffed by cheese like the Elegant set. That would also take care of the GCD issue while still allowing Goliath to bash and CC-break properly if they need to.

Although they would need to add a resource cost to the swipe one way or another, since light attacks are free. Having +60k HP and a no-cost, high-damage aoe swipe would be very OP.
    EU | PC | AD
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a hard time saying the issue is on the bash passives or its separate cool down when it was not an issue until this ultimate showed up. To me that says to nerf those, and at least the interrupt bash AKA break free CD would be a terrible idea
  • killahsin
    killahsin
    ✭✭✭
    clearly it is 'perfectly balanced'. I used to be amazed things like this werent fixed in a timely fashion. Not so much anymore.
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How is the game pay to win? lmao
  • danthemann5
    danthemann5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP skill or not, intended or not, if you see a necro go into face bash mode, it's time to unass the AO at a high rate of speed.

At this point, necro is a one trick pony, and this trick, like most ponies , is easy to avoid.
    ZeniMax has no obligation to correct any errors or defects in the Services.

Greetings! We've closed this thread due to its non-constructive nature.

"You know you don't have to be here right?" - ZOS_RichLambert
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    erio wrote: »

How is the game pay to win? lmao

Classes, sets, trait changing, strong skill lines etc... all behind additional paywalls can be considered pay to win.

but the game been like that for a while. Money is all zos care about, it's why they're releasing $120 virtual houses.

But anyway in regards too the absurb ult.

Two things:

The s&b passives need to stop applying to it, that'll nearly half its dmg without changing anything base game such as bash speed.

Maybe then look at the dmg, maybe 25% nerf. I'd rather a skill not get nerfed to uselessness. I understand it's strong and broken currently but useless forgotten skills are a horrible thing in games.

So basically the ult but boost your dps slightly when weaving a bashes using any type of weapons. 2-3k bashes seem fair.

At that point people would do more dmg and use less resources doing proper light/ skill/ bash weaves than they would just bash spamming.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • eovogtb16_ESO
    eovogtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RXxUY9CbKE

holy *** this game is becoming a joke
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RXxUY9CbKE

holy *** this game is becoming a joke

Cyrodiil always has been