The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is Necromancer Goliath Bash Spam intended?

• Synozeer
    Synozeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vizikul wrote: »
    Synozeer wrote: »
    YP3hLbY.jpg

Woohoo, my oil pour is famous!

@Synozeer I thought 5 stars are maximum. How come the screenshot displays you with 6 stars? Is that a display bug?

I was the first DC Grand Overlord so I get special treatment.

But really I think it might just be some add-on they are using that shows the 5 star using a different design.
    Watch my PvP Videos on YouTube

Azoi - Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - 1st DC NA Grand Overlord
    Hzarn - Templar - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - Grand Overlord
    ...and many more.
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    In my opinion this was intentional and they new full well the damage it was capable of. Think about it. They put out a new chapter with a new class that can do this kind of damage. Now some players may see this and say hey I need to go buy Elsweyr so I can do this kind of damage as well, waht fun. Boom sales for Elsweyr go up and everyone on their end is happy. As someone who PvP's a lot this was very clear to me from the beginning.
    I think it's far more likely that they simply overlooked the kind of damage "specialized" Bash-builds could do with this ultimate. Unless of course they conspired to make this one ultimate overpowered only on Stamina builds, while simultaneously making Magicka Necromancer the worst class in the game by far, in order to somehow sell more copies of Elsweyr.

Too many “over sights” for me to not believe they knew what this could do lol. They would NEVER admit to it because it taints the game.... but these things bring in the “omg broken meta lolz” players. These are the most casual players who only play the cheesiest of cheesiest classes/metas/broken skills/sets.

They know these players exist. They Taylor to it in a hidden little gem like this... it exploded a bit too early and whole populations caught on.

Mind you- almost every bash spammer that I saw was some random player I’d never seen before. I think I MIGHT have seen 1-2 known players use this.
    Edited by Insco851 on July 1, 2019 7:20PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

We've seen your feedback and concerns about the Pummeling Goliath ability and the detrimental impact it is currently having in PvP content. As a result, we have some significant changes coming for the ability and other related mechanics in next week's incremental patch. Watch for full details in the patch notes on Monday. :smile:

this did not happen, its still not fixed.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Insco851 wrote: »
    In my opinion this was intentional and they new full well the damage it was capable of. Think about it. They put out a new chapter with a new class that can do this kind of damage. Now some players may see this and say hey I need to go buy Elsweyr so I can do this kind of damage as well, waht fun. Boom sales for Elsweyr go up and everyone on their end is happy. As someone who PvP's a lot this was very clear to me from the beginning.
    I think it's far more likely that they simply overlooked the kind of damage "specialized" Bash-builds could do with this ultimate. Unless of course they conspired to make this one ultimate overpowered only on Stamina builds, while simultaneously making Magicka Necromancer the worst class in the game by far, in order to somehow sell more copies of Elsweyr.
    Mind you- almost every bash spammer that I saw was some random player I’d never seen before. I think I MIGHT have seen 1-2 known players use this.
    On PC/NA, Bahlokdaan, the opposite was the case. Major guilds and a well known streamer and his flock were abusing the crap out of this.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Insco851 wrote: »
    On PC/NA, Bahlokdaan, the opposite was the case. Major guilds and a well known streamer and his flock were abusing the crap out of this.

PC NA was positively infected by the things, spreading to all factions once everyone realized how effective it was.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xarcus wrote: »
    Ok now can we stop complaining in this community ?

no

Why not ? Or are you just trolling...
  • Vizikul
    Vizikul
    ✭✭✭✭
    YP3hLbY.jpg

@Synozeer I thought 5 stars are maximum. How come the screenshot displays you with 6 stars? Is that a display bug?

But really I think it might just be some add-on they are using that shows the 5 star using a different design.

Interesting. I didn't know that was a thing.
    Pugging. Pugging all the way to victory.
    Imperial Dragonknight --- male, stamina, heavy & medium armor, dual wield, one hand and shield, two handed.
    Breton Templar --- female, magicka, light armor, restoration staff.
    Redguard Warden --- female, stamina, medium armor, bow.
    Breton Sorcerer --- male, magicka, light armor, destruction staff.
    Imperial Templar --- male, stamina, medium armor, two handed.

Daggerfall Covenant loyalist
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YP3hLbY.jpg

It's Miat's PvP Alerts. Also adds wise words to the death recap like "If you had two coconuts and would take one away, the remaining coconut would still last longer than you did."
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Berenhir wrote: »
    YP3hLbY.jpg

It's Miat's PvP Alerts. Also adds wise words to the death recap like "If you had two coconuts and would take one away, the remaining coconut would still last longer than you did."

no. the 6-stars and wise words are both from AP Meter.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    YP3hLbY.jpg

Oh really? Always thought it's Miat's :sweat_smile: thanks for clearing that up!
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    YP3hLbY.jpg

Oh really? Always thought it's Miat's :sweat_smile: thanks for clearing that up!

6-stars = Miats
    Wise words = Ap Meter / Greyskull
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Dinokstrun
    Dinokstrun
    ✭✭✭
    Only saw 2 Necromancers all evening in BGs and Cyrodiil (no CP) is it fair to say that Necromancer is officially a dead class in PvP?
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still see quite a few in non cp pc/na. They’ve all switched to the colossus though which is good without being broken.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dinokstrun wrote: »
    Only saw 2 Necromancers all evening in BGs and Cyrodiil (no CP) is it fair to say that Necromancer is officially a dead class in PvP?

Not Stam necro. I still rock mine! I just hurt my shoulder and haven't been playing.

I mean; it's not BiS but it's still a hoot!

The build should be in my signature - it's a link
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    erio wrote: »
    Im sure at this point there is no need to inform you of what the Bone Tyrant necromancer skill tree ultimate Pummeling Goliath is capable of. Its not a hard setup. Sword & Board, and some bash damage enchants on your jewelry. Throw your points into stam and slap on hundings or some other damage set and you're ready to go. First of all, before we ask the question of "is this intended?" we must first know of what bone Goliath is capable of. If you get killed
    xfIIXbq.jpg
    (not my image. Would of screenshotted my multiple experiences i've had but I dont have screenshot key bound and I forgot to anyway lol)
    Your damage recap is going to look a little something like this. All bash and maybe the shield gap closer in there somewhere. Now spamming one attack that does 6k+ damage isnt necessarily broken. Hey if someone wants to spam Wrecking Blow, power to them, but the problem with this ultimate, is that bashes can be done INCREDIBLY fast. Id say about 2 a second. 14k (aoe) damage a second, with not a huge cost behind it? Alright something isnt right here, but there must be a way to avoid this right? Only if you're the fastest person in your group. The S&B gap closer usually covers this though. If you're a mag toon or out of stam from running, one of these bad boys will shut ya down real quick. So obviously you'd want to become tankier so you don't die in 2 seconds right? Nope still dead. Now some of the necromancers defending this ulti, are saying that its "easy to avoid", "only lasts 20 seconds", and "costs a lot". First of all 20 seconds is enough time for the necro to kill you and everyone around you. Remember this ultimate makes the bash AOE. Second of all 230≈(idk exact all passives reduced cost) ultimate is easily reached by a necromancer. Id say they have some of the best ulti gain.
    The 55k hp does make a necromancer rather tanky, but not unkillable on its own. But when the necro can slam out all this aoe damage, its nearly impossible to shut it down.

Now id like to ask the question "Is this intended"
    Will it be changed?

I've watched a high viewer streamer play the bash necro in Bgs, and he said he said he had reported this is the first week of the Elsweyr pts. Im sure other's might of realized this too. Looking at the ulti tooltip, it says it changes the bash. Who, on the PTS, wouldnt want to play around with this? It should of obviously been known it was broken. Maybe they where too busy changing NBs to realize. This makes me question if it was intended.
    I really hope this is NOT intended. Its not fun for people who where one second having a grand old time slapping ye old town nightblade around, only to realize that a necromancer ran in from behind and killed ya all in 2.4 seconds.
    Honestly what made me want to post this isnt because I got killed by one of these guys a few times. So far its rather few and far between, and I havent seen a ton of them yet. But after watching that streamer, what made we want to ask this, was because I felt bad for the people killed in the BG.

I've read they are making changes to it. So if it was intended - it's safe to say it's no longer intended. In either case - it's grossly and absurdly overpowered and needs to be changed. Intended or not.
    Edited by Jeremy on July 6, 2019 3:38AM
  • amorgan250
    amorgan250
    Soul Shriven
    Nah, don’t think they’ll leave it. It can be pretty gamebreaking.

They’d hurt themselves a lot by turning people off pvp.[/quote]

Pretty sure this is ZOS' fix to the Lag in Cyrodiil, have the bash builds run anyone out who doesn't want to participate in this cheese

• amorgan250
    amorgan250
    Soul Shriven
    OP skill or not, intended or not, if you see a necro go into face bash mode, it's time to unass the AO at a high rate of speed.

At this point, necro is a one trick pony, and this trick, like most ponies , is easy to avoid.

Clearly not an everyday PVP player, when you figure out who the basher is you can try to kite, most of them wear armor that pulls you to them if you attack or worse they use silver leash to pull you in. Even when you know who the one basher is there pops up another. A good "ball" group can time the ultis so there is no down time. BEsides all of this there is no call for one person to have the ability to destroy 2 zergs at once. This ulti is ridiculous and should be removed or heavily altered