The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Class Rep] Nightblade Feedback Thread

• SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ....And please make the shade look like something else...

Yes. I play female toons for a reason and don't like that they have a male shade. I'm a strong independent woman who don't need no man.

• czar
    czar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the mix of nerfs to Khajiit, food/DCT nerf, and now Nightblade nerf (stamblade especially) has hit my character really badly. My single-target damage is laughable until the mobs get to 25% health, AOE damage is better thanks to Power Extraction (though it seriously drains my stamina which is no fun at all, and besides, only trash mobs show up in large numbers), my health stooped to a whooping 16.0k even with food buff and 1x heavy piece, and my sustain is absolutely horrendous. I didn't have to heavy attack at all before, now I have to heavy attack through 2/3 of my rotation even with lots of synergies being thrown around just to be able to cast skills that actually do some damage. It's no fun at all.

I'm clueless how to fix my build. I've tried lots of different combinations already, but I figure I need to farm gear which is going to take more time than I have to play. Am I supposed to run healthy jewelry now? 3x stam recovery glyphs? Put some points into health? Run 2x heavy? And then watch as my DPS goes further down the drain? For the first time in years I feel like a liability in vet dungeons. If anyone has any suggestions besides race-change, I'm all ears.

I don't play other classes and rarely do PvP, so I don't know nor care how other classes are performing, but playing my stamblade has never been as dreadful as it is right now. And yes, I've been here since launch when NB's were super squishy and behind every other class damage-wise.

Whatever, I guess I'll just do quests until things change. Maybe I'll find a solution along the way, and if not, maybe I'll have my first break from ESO. I'm not even trying to be dramatic, but if the game stops being fun, why should I even bother lol.
    stam scrub
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The funniest thing is, NB tank just might be a thing on top level now. Not because NBs are suddenly better tanks after the update; no, they're not. Just... someone has to give extra crit to those eight stam necros. ^^

Yeah it's funny. Tanking almost since beta on nb and now we are [snip]....... It's not like their have been a [snip] of ideas to improve nb tank floating around.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 9, 2022 7:55PM
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    czar wrote: »
    I think the mix of nerfs to Khajiit, food/DCT nerf, and now Nightblade nerf (stamblade especially) has hit my character really badly. My single-target damage is laughable until the mobs get to 25% health, AOE damage is better thanks to Power Extraction (though it seriously drains my stamina which is no fun at all, and besides, only trash mobs show up in large numbers), my health stooped to a whooping 16.0k even with food buff and 1x heavy piece, and my sustain is absolutely horrendous. I didn't have to heavy attack at all before, now I have to heavy attack through 2/3 of my rotation even with lots of synergies being thrown around just to be able to cast skills that actually do some damage. It's no fun at all.

I'm clueless how to fix my build. I've tried lots of different combinations already, but I figure I need to farm gear which is going to take more time than I have to play. Am I supposed to run healthy jewelry now? 3x stam recovery glyphs? Put some points into health? Run 2x heavy? And then watch as my DPS goes further down the drain? For the first time in years I feel like a liability in vet dungeons. If anyone has any suggestions besides race-change, I'm all ears.

I don't play other classes and rarely do PvP, so I don't know nor care how other classes are performing, but playing my stamblade has never been as dreadful as it is right now. And yes, I've been here since launch when NB's were super squishy and behind every other class damage-wise.

Whatever, I guess I'll just do quests until things change. Maybe I'll find a solution along the way, and if not, maybe I'll have my first break from ESO. I'm not even trying to be dramatic, but if the game stops being fun, why should I even bother lol.
    I feel ya m8 I played stamblade since eso release on console I don’t care about any other classes just nb as I do like magblade as well. I just hope Elsweyr takes its time coming to console im definitely cancelling my eso plus when Elsweyr comes to console because I can already see that I won’t enjoy my class no more and I don’t want to support something I won’t enjoy.
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incap's Reave is good.
    I use Incap for Front Bar in PvE Stamina Nightblade.
    Front Bar's Incap can use at the best timing.
    I think Incap's Reave and Critical 2% have the same value as Flawless Dawnbreaker's Weapon Damage 8%.
    Also, skill rotation of Stamina Nightblade became easier.
    This is good change.
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magblade just feels so slow and stuff. I get there is the option of running rat but what if i don't have the bar space or I don't have summerset? The loss of major expedition from cripple hit the class too hard tbh. It used to work as a gap closer or opener to maintain pressure while me slowly building up my bow and getting to melee range.

Melee magblades can still use lotus fan and stuff I guess but ranged magblade? We have 11 ability skills to slot and only 10 slot space.

Rat
    Fear
    Cripple
    Ele drain
    Shade
    Cloak
    Swallow soul
    Healing ward
    Siphoning attacks
    Harness
    And merciless.

Now tell me what I should drop.

We already had so much pain with the class. Then you nerf our damage and then nerfed our survivability?
    The changes doesn't make sense. I'm still against the merciless changes but the cripple nerf is just too much.

We most certainly need an actual class rep now. One who mains and has played nightblade in all roles.

Healing ward
    ele drain
    Siphoning.

If you are a cloak NB, siphon is more important than ele. Push 1850 regen unbuffed and you can sustain without ele or siphon- it’s harder but it’s absolutely viable. I run neither. Impossible to cloak spam without siphon imo.

You can always switch to debilitate as well and just lose major breach. Push for 12k pen- you’ll still have plenty.
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surprise Attack for reduce Physical Resistance by 5% is trash.
    I think it should be changed to 10%.
  • lorto777
    lorto777
    Soul Shriven
    lorto777 wrote: »
    All the other changes I know lessen the burst damage which is fine, but for me the 1 second timer for Shadow cloak needs to be left where it was before for lower levels so we can get the feel and this was not an "over power" issue. Please put the timer back for lower levels as it was before. And for those that say level to 50 and play in that campaign, I like the below 50 and want to stay there with my guild.
    It's time to stop kill to low-level Noobs.
    I think your guild should fight in other rules.

Don't even know what this means, LOL.
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. I play female toons for a reason and don't like that they have a male shade. I'm a strong independent woman who don't need no man.

You just said you need a man
    1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
    1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    czar wrote: »

Right there with you.
    I've played nearly every day since beta (except vacations and weekend camping).
    Been subbed since day 1. Loved this game, looked forward to coming come from work and playing after dinner. DLCS used to be interesting and exciting; something I looked forward to. Now I just dread it and starting to hate it.

I was stuggling to get to 40K DPS.
    These nerfs to damage and sustain made me lose too much DPS and viability.

Now thinking about cancelling the sub and playing something else.

But ZoS won't give a damn so really, why should I anymore?
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Wytch
    Wytch
    ✭✭✭
    So here's my 2 cents just in case the devs ever check this thread anymore. I already did a thread on nerfs in general and how they cripple all the players EXCEPT the ones they are aimed at, so no point in rehashing that here.

I'm a "filthy casual." I don't do trials. I don't do vet stuff. I've never set foot in vMA or any arena for that matter. I avoid PvP like it's the plague. I like to play the game mostly solo, occasionally with some friends, I like the fantasy of the game and seeing what other people do with this "play how you like" mentality of the game. I'm a bosmer b/c I like both elves and bows, I'm a NB b/c I think any decent tracker/hunter should be sneaky. So, ignore my opinion like I'm sure everyone will.

You felt the need to change race passives because.... i don't know.. whatever, so my bosi stealth got nerfed to the point of needing special gear to be as sneaky as i was. Fine, if I try to be the squeaky wheel I'll just get ignored anyway.

Now you've gone and nerfed NB so far into the ground they might as well be a dwemer. Whatever.

But for $#!7s sake WHY would you change something like the focus/morphs... which fires a shot from a spectral BOW (which, hey, cool, more fantasy immersion and fun for me) and change it's ability to a heal (which also, I don't mind that for the most part) but then limit that heal to only a freaking 7 meter range!?!?!?

I wanna know what was being smoked at that meeting. "Look, we all know this nerf is gonna annoy a lot of people, so let's try to make up for it at least a little bit by adding something different to this ability. I KNOW! Let's give it seven meter heal too!"

"But, 7 meters, for something that's supposed to shoot out of a basically a conjured bow? What about people that like to play ranged?"

"Oh, don't worry about them, they can use draining shot or something." ---

Except, draining shot only heals you if the target WAS STUNNED! It's basically useless on the more powerful mobs out in the world, never mind world bosses or delve/public dungeon event bosses.

Sorry for the rant. it's 6am and i've been up for 24 hours. I'm just salty that a few pvp desynch-glitch-gankers caused my fun solo Jaqspur/Ranger play to be rendered next to useless now.

goodnight all.
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is range of Spectral Bow's healing 7 meters?
    I think we need Skooma to solve this mystery.
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    thedude33 wrote: »

You just said you need a man

I'm forced to.

BLAME THE PATRIARCHY.
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wytch wrote: »
    So here's my 2 cents just in case the devs ever check this thread anymore. I already did a thread on nerfs in general and how they cripple all the players EXCEPT the ones they are aimed at, so no point in rehashing that here.

I'm a "filthy casual." I don't do trials. I don't do vet stuff. I've never set foot in vMA or any arena for that matter. I avoid PvP like it's the plague. I like to play the game mostly solo, occasionally with some friends, I like the fantasy of the game and seeing what other people do with this "play how you like" mentality of the game. I'm a bosmer b/c I like both elves and bows, I'm a NB b/c I think any decent tracker/hunter should be sneaky. So, ignore my opinion like I'm sure everyone will.

You felt the need to change race passives because.... i don't know.. whatever, so my bosi stealth got nerfed to the point of needing special gear to be as sneaky as i was. Fine, if I try to be the squeaky wheel I'll just get ignored anyway.

Now you've gone and nerfed NB so far into the ground they might as well be a dwemer. Whatever.

But for $#!7s sake WHY would you change something like the focus/morphs... which fires a shot from a spectral BOW (which, hey, cool, more fantasy immersion and fun for me) and change it's ability to a heal (which also, I don't mind that for the most part) but then limit that heal to only a freaking 7 meter range!?!?!?

I wanna know what was being smoked at that meeting. "Look, we all know this nerf is gonna annoy a lot of people, so let's try to make up for it at least a little bit by adding something different to this ability. I KNOW! Let's give it seven meter heal too!"

"But, 7 meters, for something that's supposed to shoot out of a basically a conjured bow? What about people that like to play ranged?"

Except, draining shot only heals you if the target WAS STUNNED! It's basically useless on the more powerful mobs out in the world, never mind world bosses or delve/public dungeon event bosses.

Sorry for the rant. it's 6am and i've been up for 24 hours. I'm just salty that a few pvp desynch-glitch-gankers caused my fun solo Jaqspur/Ranger play to be rendered next to useless now.

goodnight all.

isnt bows range stay the same? 7 meter is only if you want to heal? still doesnt make sense but eh..

and im gonna be honest. nerfing surprise attack, incap wont affect your pve bow bosmer gameplay at all.

then again bosmer stealth nerf sucks and i thought they were gonna change that with elsweyr.
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incap's Reave is good.
    I use Incap for Front Bar in PvE Stamina Nightblade.
    Front Bar's Incap can use at the best timing.
    I think Incap's Reave and Critical 2% have the same value as Flawless Dawnbreaker's Weapon Damage 8%.
    Also, skill rotation of Stamina Nightblade became easier.
    This is good change.

Does it provide the same DPS though? I’ve tested differently. Either way, I have incap on back bar and with LA weaving it’s still, like you said, reave is a nice buff!
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything breaks cloak and keeps you out of stealth. While crouching and hitting cloak the eye closes and when cloak wears out the eye opens and you are out of stealth with enemies that are way far from you. After recent updates not only i am running out of stamina faster on my Parse but hitting less DPS and no I am not part of the 40k and above crew.
  • Wytch
    Wytch
    ✭✭✭
    I personally have never been a melee fan myself, only doing it when I had to. Apparently, it's even worse for the melee players from what I hear. Here's a little snippet of a conversation I heard that made me both laugh and cringe.

"Yeah. Standard melee range is now 7 meters too. But, standard boss AoE is 8 meters. So, apparently, they want you to stand in the red now. Yeah, remember that crap your healer was always yelling at you not to stand in? It's time to go back to standing in that."
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ysbriel wrote: »
    Everything breaks cloak and keeps you out of stealth. While crouching and hitting cloak the eye closes and when cloak wears out the eye opens and you are out of stealth with enemies that are way far from you. After recent updates not only i am running out of stamina faster on my Parse but hitting less DPS and no I am not part of the 40k and above crew.

Cloak is still one of the best skills in the game and the most OP too, so i don't think buffs will help it getting any better.
    Imo cloak will turn too OP and bring the nerf hammer on the entire class again.
    better keep NB out of sight if you understand what i mean.
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB of PvP is more difficult for Medium Armor than Heavy Armor due to Shadow Barrier.
    Why does Shadow Barrier increase with Heavy Armor?
    I want stop increasing Shadow Barrier with Heavy Armor.
    And please set the effect time of Shadow Barrier to 12 sec.
  • blkjag
    blkjag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s a shame pve magblade took such a dps hit. Why learn a harder rotation for less dps? Just roll a sorc or magplar. Personally I think you should be rewarded for learning a tougher rotation with high dps, but hey who cares stamblade was too op for pvp.
  • Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We will continue to take the brunt of these nerfs until Zos realizes that pve and pvp are mutually exclusive. Although there are creative ways to tailor a skill so that is' viable in both pve and pvp without making it completely op or useless, some of which have already been posted in these forums, Zos has chosen not to listen. They continue to sledge hammer changes with little to no thought and absolutely with no internal testing. This results in either completely broken skills for one of the two environments or a completely useless skill in both. It isn't limited to the nightblade either. Nearly every class and race has gone through this. We complain but nothing happens while Zos remains silent. :(
  • Sarjako
    Sarjako
    ✭✭✭
    PVP StamNB

I main a StamNB. I have a few other maxed characters; Magplar, StamDK and Stamsorc. Now as of the last patch my StamNB is nearly unplayable. I've tried different set combinations ( granted no new item sets, just Hundings, Spriggans, etc ) and the class just hits like a wet noodle. I'm considering trying another heavy build but I'm really tired of coming back from hiatuses and having to completely RELEARN and furthermore rebuild the class that I felt most comfortable with. I'm not going to go into each skill and how it's "hurt me". It's obvious what changes were made in the patch notes. What I'm saying is, when I queue in to a BG or into Cyrodiil with 2x dmg sets or 1x dmg and 1x sustain set... it's garbage. The class is ruined. Hits like a wet noodle and it feels like all its good for now is roll dodging around and cloak spamming.
    XBX1 NA
    Healplar / StamDK-Tank / Stamblade / Magblade
    CP 810
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarjako wrote: »
    PVP StamNB

I main a StamNB. I have a few other maxed characters; Magplar, StamDK and Stamsorc. Now as of the last patch my StamNB is nearly unplayable. I've tried different set combinations ( granted no new item sets, just Hundings, Spriggans, etc ) and the class just hits like a wet noodle. I'm considering trying another heavy build but I'm really tired of coming back from hiatuses and having to completely RELEARN and furthermore rebuild the class that I felt most comfortable with. I'm not going to go into each skill and how it's "hurt me". It's obvious what changes were made in the patch notes. What I'm saying is, when I queue in to a BG or into Cyrodiil with 2x dmg sets or 1x dmg and 1x sustain set... it's garbage. The class is ruined. Hits like a wet noodle and it feels like all its good for now is roll dodging around and cloak spamming.
    Go orc or nord good to use 5 spriggan 5 bone pirate 1 mighty chudan 1 blood spawn or 2 blood spawn it works very well I only play nightblade stamblade and magblade 👍. Still a good class m8.
    Edited by Deathlord92 on June 11, 2019 2:24PM
  • Sarjako
    Sarjako
    ✭✭✭
    Sidenote: I've seen a lot of posts in here about an incap nerf? Are you joking? Even running Hulking Draughr + Spriggans + Sellistrex + Tremorscale ( 5k stam, 3k stam, 129 wpn dmg, 3900 pen, +1k stam, +1k stam)… it's still pretty lackluster. I'd take the "nerf incap" posts with a grain of salt. Maybe I'm just bad but... incap is in a [snip] spot right now.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 9, 2022 7:54PM
    XBX1 NA
    CP 810
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    blkjag wrote: »
    It’s a shame pve magblade took such a dps hit. Why learn a harder rotation for less dps? Just roll a sorc or magplar. Personally I think you should be rewarded for learning a tougher rotation with high dps, but hey who cares stamblade was too op for pvp.

IDK what you're talking about, I've been hitting 38k on my magblade using the following setup/rotation:

Race: Breton. Will likely experience poor results otherwise
    3 mil dummy, this ain't going to happen on anything with more health
    CP: 810
    CP allocation: same as Alcast's
    Food: Ghastly eye bowl. Will likely experience poor results otherwise
    Gear: all legendary
    Potion: spell power
    Body: Siroria, divines, mag glyphs
    Monster: Zaan, divines, mag glyphs
    Inferno staff front bar: Mother's Sorrow, infused, absorb mag glyph
    Inferno staff back bar: Mother's Sorrow, infused, flame glyph

jewels: 1x infused, 1x bloodthirsty, 1x arcane, all have spell dmg enchants

Front bar skills: Crippling Grasp, Elemental Weapon, Impale, Lotus Fan, Merciless Resolve, soul harvest ulti
    Back bar skills: Blockade of Fire, Twisting Path, Elemental Drain, Dark Shade, Leeching Strikes, soul tether ulti

Rotation: you don't need to worry much about LA weaving; you won't have time because you've got a solid 8 timers to monitor to keep your skills up.

I recommend this to no one.

Drink potion, wait til 30 second or so remain. Buff leeching and focus, apply elemental drain on back bar activate the shade then LA -> bar swap -> crippling grasp -> LA -> lotus fan -> LA -> my ultimate's usually ready, so soul harvest -> swap -> LA -> blockade -> LA -> twisting path -> LA -> bar swap -> that went pretty well, right? Hope you enjoyed that because everything falls apart

You'll get a few LA/ele weap weaves in before you realize that your Crippling is about to run out... so is blockade, and shade, and leeching... reapply crippling, forego the LAs, back to back bar for blockade and leeching and oh god focus has dropped off so back to front bar and you realize that your ulti is up so you hit that and toss in a lotus fan and go back to back bar for shade and ele drain and blockade has dropped off so you reapply that and crippling dropped off a long time ago so back to front bar for that with a few ele weapon weaves and a lotus fan before stuff starts dropping off again and you exist in an utter state of chaos for the rest of the parse. Keep your spell power potions up because you're gonna run out of magicka. At 25% start using impale when you can, but you probably won't be able to.

Finish parse with no magicka. 38k DPS.

No, this rotation won't work in practice but it's insane that THIS is what gets me the highest DPS on my magblade. Using the more standard rotation I've hit 36.6k DPS once. I'm not the greatest magblade player (I prefer the stamblade + I can hit 45k with her) but this is an insane amount of work for lower DPS, even with the "normal" rotation
    Edited by SidraWillowsky on June 12, 2019 12:45AM
  • Sarjako
    Sarjako
    ✭✭✭
    Sarjako wrote: »
    PVP StamNB

Go orc or nord good to use 5 spriggan 5 bone pirate 1 mighty chudan 1 blood spawn or 2 blood spawn it works very well I only play nightblade stamblade and magblade 👍. Still a good class m8.

I appreciate your input. I've been a khajiit for years now but I might have to consider a re-roll. I'll try your suggested build and see how it feels <3 thank you! I'm not looking for an OP class just one that is rewarding to play. I logged onto my heavy magplar and I go 2:1 without much effort. I put 100% effort into my main class, StamNB and I'm just trash it feels like.
    XBX1 NA
    CP 810
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still wish magblade got a good self heal using one of the malevolent offering morphs we deserve it or buff healing from swallow soul or sap anything there are those who love magblade and stamblade 🙂
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    hakan wrote: »

goodnight all.

isnt bows range stay the same? 7 meter is only if you want to heal? still doesnt make sense but eh..

and im gonna be honest. nerfing surprise attack, incap wont affect your pve bow bosmer gameplay at all.

then again bosmer stealth nerf sucks and i thought they were gonna change that with elsweyr.

Don't worry... Makes total sense that Major Fracture got removed from a single Target spammable on Nightblade... To be given to Necromancer as an AoE Major Fracture AND Breach. Lolz
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    hakan wrote: »

goodnight all.

Don't worry... Makes total sense that Major Fracture got removed from a single Target spammable on Nightblade... To be given to Necromancer as an AoE Major Fracture AND Breach. Lolz

you have to be INSIDE Unnerving Boneyard for the skill to give major fracture/breach, dont want to be debuffed? move out of the 6 meter radius. simple. very different then the 18 second debuff that was applied to a target.