The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Class Rep] Nightblade Feedback Thread

• CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any one tested the new and faster spectral bow? Can ppl break free and dodge it still or there is not enough time?
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • kratier
    kratier
    ✭✭✭✭
    our class reps failed our class, we need new reps please
  • Saepio
    Saepio
    ✭✭✭
    Do not comment often even though I have played (and subbed) ESO now for 4 years, but the latest proposed changes to the NB class are pushing me closer to the point of no return. I am so tired of nerfs in this game as your preferred mechanism for the eternal search for "balance", and for NB it has been nerf nerf nerf over the last 18 months, I am not going to go into them here as they have been well documented elsewhere.

If you think the class is too powerful/popular just delete it, stop messing with characters that people have spent years building and perfecting just so you can throw a bone to the moaners and whiners.

Or, which I believe is more likely, you wish to stop people rolling one of the more popular classes so as to pump up the tyres of Wardens and the forthcoming Necro's at least have the honesty and integrity to say so.

• ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Saepio wrote: »
    Do not comment often even though I have played (and subbed) ESO now for 4 years, but the latest proposed changes to the NB class are pushing me closer to the point of no return. I am so tired of nerfs in this game as your preferred mechanism for the eternal search for "balance", and for NB it has been nerf nerf nerf over the last 18 months, I am not going to go into them here as they have been well documented elsewhere.

If you think the class is too powerful/popular just delete it, stop messing with characters that people have spent years building and perfecting just so you can throw a bone to the moaners and whiners.

Or, which I believe is more likely, you wish to stop people rolling one of the more popular classes so as to pump up the tyres of Wardens and the forthcoming Necro's at least have the honesty and integrity to say so.

I feel the same .
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cant wait for elsweyr to finally drop.
    So I can finally drop this game.
    I really love elder scrolls online.
    But the devs just makes it really hard to keep loving it. I love the nb class the moment I played it, now its just gonna be a useless class. Zos I really bleeping hate your bleeping face.

• Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kratier wrote: »
    Agreed
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saepio wrote: »

Sorry zos but as a loyal day 1 player that only enjoys nb and pays subscription which I’m ending if these changes touch live server I completely agree with this comment here I’m going to buy nothing more from eso including Elsweyr if you butcher nb 😔
    Edited by Deathlord92 on April 24, 2019 7:03AM
  • highnds
    highnds
    ✭✭✭
    I still think Relentless Focus needs a cost reduction if the stat bonuses are being removed from the skill. Having vigor and leeching strikes is more than enough solo healing so the heal on hit for the bow to me is unnecessary. Speeding up the bow proc isn't really making this skill worthy of keeping on any of my ability bars, unless it will be cheaper.
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

agrreed!!!
    they are betraying our class and preparing it for deleting it from the game.

so lets get down to work:
    Incap, no longer has major defile, therefor goodfornothing Mangle! And why should I slot it then? Because it has new shiny icon???? or what, better delete the ultimate at all!

Grim focus , removed Minor Berserk, now it heals if you are within 7 meters of your target when it hits, a spectral bow and 7 SEVEN Meters range???? what is that, you are crank guys! read you yourself what comes out of your brains???
    I am a NB, not a healer, I want to kill mobs, bosses and so on, not heal myself!!!! Get that in your brains!

Then you write: " NB keep on using their toolkit EVEN without bonusses!" YES OFC, because it is OUR NB TOOLKIT, why did you even put those skills up if you don´t intended them to be used?????? WHY???

Dark cloak heals too now?? for what, we didn´t ask you for that, we don´t want it so let it be!!!
    After you nerfed masshysteria so it only affected just 2 opponents now you get it back to up to 6 ??? Why, hardly see any NB using it nowadays, because of the previous nerfs, and now you take away the snare, also good, wasn´t it using no more, and this further nerf will not change that.

Summon shade? just another nerf and waste of slotplace.

Suprise attack get a NERF while we can use mark target?? If you want to remove Major Fracture, remove it from Mark target, not many use it, so get it, BUT to nerf Suprise Attack is a slap in the face, it is one of our few basic tools we have and use!

In your notes on cripple you mentioned something like "our standardized DoT ruleset"! are you using that only on NB, because I don´t see much of it when I play my sorc or magden?!?! (see also your blablabla on soul tether)
    Drain power was already crap for seasons, not imrpoving this patch.
    Soul tether was worstskill-in-slot, will be much longer, if you do it your way.

and then you threaten us with upcoming further NERFS on major expedition, guys you must have lost your mind!
    serious, have you ever read what you prepared here for NBs??

We don´t see any Stamblades in any raid worthy to be called that way, because we already had very little to offer there!
    No we cannot offer anything brought up by our class, because it was all taken away.
    Why do you make all that noise , just delete the class from the game if you are already stripping us once again from the last parts that give us at least a bit of a feeling that made it worthy playing a NB.
    Thanks all for reading my lamentations, been a player ever since openbeta and before with Morrowind aso. NB was always my favorite, now I just repent already spending money on buying Elsweyr.....................
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »

agrreed!!!
    they are betraying our class and preparing it for deleting it from the game.

so lets get down to work:
    Incap, no longer has major defile, therefor goodfornothing Mangle! And why should I slot it then? Because it has new shiny icon???? or what, better delete the ultimate at all!

Grim focus , removed Minor Berserk, now it heals if you are within 7 meters of your target when it hits, a spectral bow and 7 SEVEN Meters range???? what is that, you are crank guys! read you yourself what comes out of your brains???
    I am a NB, not a healer, I want to kill mobs, bosses and so on, not heal myself!!!! Get that in your brains!

Then you write: " NB keep on using their toolkit EVEN without bonusses!" YES OFC, because it is OUR NB TOOLKIT, why did you even put those skills up if you don´t intended them to be used?????? WHY???

Dark cloak heals too now?? for what, we didn´t ask you for that, we don´t want it so let it be!!!
    After you nerfed masshysteria so it only affected just 2 opponents now you get it back to up to 6 ??? Why, hardly see any NB using it nowadays, because of the previous nerfs, and now you take away the snare, also good, wasn´t it using no more, and this further nerf will not change that.

Summon shade? just another nerf and waste of slotplace.

Suprise attack get a NERF while we can use mark target?? If you want to remove Major Fracture, remove it from Mark target, not many use it, so get it, BUT to nerf Suprise Attack is a slap in the face, it is one of our few basic tools we have and use!

In your notes on cripple you mentioned something like "our standardized DoT ruleset"! are you using that only on NB, because I don´t see much of it when I play my sorc or magden?!?! (see also your blablabla on soul tether)
    Drain power was already crap for seasons, not imrpoving this patch.
    Soul tether was worstskill-in-slot, will be much longer, if you do it your way.

and then you threaten us with upcoming further NERFS on major expedition, guys you must have lost your mind!
    serious, have you ever read what you prepared here for NBs??

We don´t see any Stamblades in any raid worthy to be called that way, because we already had very little to offer there!
    No we cannot offer anything brought up by our class, because it was all taken away.
    Why do you make all that noise , just delete the class from the game if you are already stripping us once again from the last parts that give us at least a bit of a feeling that made it worthy playing a NB.
    Thanks all for reading my lamentations, been a player ever since openbeta and before with Morrowind aso. NB was always my favorite, now I just repent already spending money on buying Elsweyr.....................
    I am very happy I’m not alone in this I feel ya m8 I been playing since day 1 and nb all I play it’s my favourite class and if they butcher it they will not get anymore money from me nb is my enjoyment in eso
    Edited by Deathlord92 on April 25, 2019 7:22PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OMG, every class thread is the same.

We X are the weakest class in the game
    We X have been gutted

It’s getting a little silly. I do agree that losing the 8% damage buff on merciless isn’t good, but it’s not the end of the world.

I’m far more concerned about Dark Cloak.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • hobicabobjob
    hobicabobjob
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like the balance team forgot that magblades exist.

Assassins will is unreliable in Cyrodiil. I don't want an unreliable heal, but I don't mind unreliable damage.

Losing 8% damage on the lowest tier damage dealer class in cyrodiil isn't going to go well, either.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like the balance team forgot that magblades exist.

Assassins will is unreliable in Cyrodiil. I don't want an unreliable heal, but I don't mind unreliable damage.

Losing 8% damage on the lowest tier damage dealer class in cyrodiil isn't going to go well, either.
    It would be nice if they gave merciless major sorcery and what was the other one minor intellect 🤔 magic recovery and give minor endurance back to relentless with anything other then that heal ffs 😂
    Edited by Deathlord92 on April 27, 2019 2:30PM
  • deevah
    deevah
    ✭✭
    1. Shadow image needs a fix. This skill generates such fun game play when it works and has been broken for so long.
    2. I really enjoy the cloakless hotblade pvp style but am finding it increasingly difficult to play. Gradual nerfs to the potency of mnb hots (for pve reasons?) over several patches have made it less competitive compared to builds whose central defense is invisibility. I was hoping dark cloak could be a viable hot with a strength comparable to vigor but has proven quite difficult to make useful in the builds I've tried. You need to stack so much health at the expense of spell damage & max magicka (in turn weakening all other hots and damage output) - it's just not worth it.
  • Victor_Blade
    Victor_Blade
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd say change the class rep first. I dont know what the night blade rep is doing but after checking all of the nerfs to the weakest pvp class in the game, I think it's time for them to get replaced.
  • genjutsu_kami
    genjutsu_kami
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade is a touchy topic.

From a perspective of someone who plays the class and gets frustrated with its faults and underwhelming limits and who plays other classes and is equally frustrated with how easy it is to watch it overperform in some areas. I find making a comment on this difficult.

But from an unbiased perspective, wehn its all said and done. Nightblade continues to be the easiest class to pick up, in particular from a damage perspective in PVP with its major fracture/ defile capabilities and its ability to reset fights as often as possible.

I welcome the tuning presented in the PTS, I beleive this is the right move.

• master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incapacitating Strike is trash.
    Surprise Attack for reduce Physical Resistance by 5% is trash.
    NB got [snip], But NB's Class Rep silence for ever.
    I think it is time to fired NB's Class Rep.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 9, 2022 7:56PM
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My DPS on my Bosmer stamblade is down 7 freaking k in totality, which is about 4k lower than my BAD parses pre-Elsweyr. Using my less-powerful Bosmer magblade in any sort of endgame content is pretty much out of the question now since the nerfs to tri-stat food are going to do her in; I had sustain issues with her even before this.

Don't tell me to l2p because I know how to play. Don't tell me that I can adapt and if I'm really that dedicated to the NB class that I'll deal either way because I KNOW that and feel that that's not the point. And YES this is overly-dramatic and YES I guess I can switch things up but it just doesn't feel the same.

My message to our class "rep" would get me banned from the forums so I'll refrain from posting it.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Welcome to the club, folks. My own class' rep hasn't been around on the forum for three months by now.

Time to realize that reps are decorative figures meant to create an illusion of that mythical "communication" we've been told of half a year ago. Most of them don't get to know in advance what cringe-inducing stunt ZOS will pull off next. And when suddenly, by a tragic mistake, opinion of a rep and that of ZOS happens to coincide, we get what? Right, nerf right in the buff food. ^^
    Edited by John_Falstaff on May 20, 2019 4:29PM
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My DPS on my Bosmer stamblade is down 7 freaking k in totality, which is about 4k lower than my BAD parses pre-Elsweyr. Using my less-powerful Bosmer magblade in any sort of endgame content is pretty much out of the question now since the nerfs to tri-stat food are going to do her in; I had sustain issues with her even before this.

Don't tell me to l2p because I know how to play. Don't tell me that I can adapt and if I'm really that dedicated to the NB class that I'll deal either way because I KNOW that and feel that that's not the point. And YES this is overly-dramatic and YES I guess I can switch things up but it just doesn't feel the same.

My message to our class "rep" would get me banned from the forums so I'll refrain from posting it.
    I feel ya m8 I’m exactly the same with nb and I’m just as salty my way of feeling better is to cancel my eso plus when Elsweyr goes live because I can’t support what they are doing to nb 😔
    Edited by Deathlord92 on May 20, 2019 6:23PM
  • Whyn Aurum
    Whyn Aurum
    ✭✭✭
    RIP MAG NB
  • Showz
    Showz
    Soul Shriven
    The 1 Second on shadow cloak makes it completely useless if you want to use the veiled strike skill until you get the passive at lvl 39. the animation to stealth is basically the same and makes using the veiled strike skill a high gamble if you can pull it of by mashing the skill button and pray you get it off.
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, my dog smells and I'm thirsty. I super blame the class reps for those. It's all on them. Everything, no matter what. There are no devs, so the reps didn't tell them anything.

End sarcasm

if you wrote in the class balance pts thread, your opinion went to ZoS. I wrote how fun the new stamblade is for solo pve and I meant it. Can't wait to carry baby necros through skyreach. Gonna add in the mobs at the start of nHRC too. Do you have any idea how tanky we are? It's cray cray!
  • Whiskers
    Whiskers
    ✭✭✭
    Stop nerfing PVE because of PVP issues. This game is all about fighting the evils in Tamriel. Why would you make it harder for us to fight PVE?
    Bring back the endurance and berserk buffs. We're an assassin class, we should be able to run quickly into battle (endurance) and the strike quickly with lots of damage (berserk). The trade off is that we are glass cannons.
    If this is an issue in PVP, then change how the skills works in PVP, but leave it alone for PVE.

The main skills I use are now broken. Relentless Focus, there's no point in using it anymore. It doesn't let me run fast into battle and buff my damage. Surprise Attack, no more major fracture, now useless. Steel Tornado, no more execute.

Why are you going out of your way to kill my fun?
    Edited by Whiskers on May 20, 2019 10:46PM
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whiskers wrote: »
    Stop nerfing PVE because of PVP issues. This game is all about fighting the evils in Tamriel. Why would you make it harder for us to fight PVE?
    Bring back the endurance and berserk buffs. We're an assassin class, we should be able to run quickly into battle (endurance) and the strike quickly with lots of damage (berserk). The trade off is that we are glass cannons.
    If this is an issue in PVP, then change how the skills works in PVP, but leave it alone for PVE.

The main skills I use are now broken. Relentless Focus, there's no point in using it anymore. It doesn't let me run fast into battle and buff my damage. Surprise Attack, no more major fracture, now useless. Steel Tornado, no more execute.

Why are you going out of your way to kill my fun?
    Don’t worry it’s useless in pvp as well now good luck for us stamblades if we are put against a good tanky stam dk with 40k resistances dots and defile
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1: Stamblade is so incredibly weak. It cannot survive ANYTHING. Be it a dawnbreaker, or a dk, which can fossilize you and by the time you've broken free, you're laden with so many dots you won't survive. Cloak is too expensive, and we have no purge. Templars will block outheal you till you're our of resources, and sorcs will finely spam shields.
    2: The silence on incap is nice and all but whats the point when any good player will just block it? Leaving you dead.
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ambush direct damage is lower than before.
    This is nerf not written in patch notes.
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What nightblade class rep.

Seriously?

Who ever you are, I effing wish you never played eso at all.

You are the worst of all the worst player who ever played a nightblade.

So yeah, @#$%&€£¥₩@#$%€£¥₩!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    I love the NB. I have 4 and always come back to them.I don't want them OP. I just want them loved :)

My 2:

Grim Focus + morphs -- Singularly, I think this is a horrible skill in design and execution. I don't find them effective for what they are supposed to be. Partially because of dodge, etc. Partially because in lag and medium to high latency environments they are difficult to get off. I would be excited if the entire skill was dropped and replaced. I am a PVP focus and I do not use them anymore.

Tanking -- Tanking (esp. Sap) with a NB have been a tough ride, and I would hope there is a vision to make NB viable again. Sure, we can do dungeons but that's not the standard.
    Thanks!
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade is a touchy topic.

From a perspective of someone who plays the class and gets frustrated with its faults and underwhelming limits and who plays other classes and is equally frustrated with how easy it is to watch it overperform in some areas. I find making a comment on this difficult.

But from an unbiased perspective, wehn its all said and done. Nightblade continues to be the easiest class to pick up, in particular from a damage perspective in PVP with its major fracture/ defile capabilities and its ability to reset fights as often as possible.

I welcome the tuning presented in the PTS, I beleive this is the right move.

I read your post and I wonder if there is a skill break point, below which there is a lot of frustration with th design and above which the strengths are readily apparent. I am decent in PVP, but not a great 1vXer. I see great magblades but the skills don't go off for me the same way, I can't (routinely) ani cancel because of latency, I don't enjoy bunny bouncing and shield stacking, etc. So for me, Merciless Resolve is almost useless due to the fact it rarely hits and takes a long time to prep. Yet for some, it's even described as OP.

It's an interesting class. I have played them all and don't feel they have the same duality.