The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Class Rep] Nightblade Feedback Thread

• Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Szende wrote: »
    Cloak is fine. SA, siphoning strikes fine. Incap seems fine, still not sure about silence long enough.

I just hope, people who watching these feedbacks do not give too much about this "nerf cloak" nonsense.

Its have enough counter, it can be used on the smart way, and can be used on stupid way. Expensive enough for punishing you for using it stupid.
    Well said about cloak as for everything else not so sure i believe nb needs some kind of buff to damage I’m not asking for overkill though 👍
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS hides this thread regularly.
    Sweep trouble under the rug.
  • Wheresthetea11
    Wheresthetea11
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamblade pain points, sorry magblade :(

I would honestly have Incap get the stun back. (From a pvp standpoint) I’m sure people can argue both sides, stun vs silence, but the skill felt a lot better combat wise with the stun. And boy was it satisfying to slam someone into the ground. I believe incaps big problem was the defile it gave. That’s what made it “over preform”. Damage boost against the target+major defile at 70. Adding a stun at 120... I can understand where the devs are coming from. I don’t necessarily agree, but I think just removing the defile would have been more than enough to tone its capabilities down just a bit.

(Pvp/pve) Grim focus... the skill just feels like it’s missing something. It feels like it should give a buff when casting. Even something small, perhaps the minor endurance back. I mean, we still have the Christmas tree animation for it. I’d say go back on the change completely but... I really don’t see the devs giving nb berserk back. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cloak... cloak’s fine. Magelight. Aoe. Detect pots. Mark target... etc. 9/10 times, an uncloaked nb is a dead nb ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and the skill has always had a lot of counters.
    Edited by Wheresthetea11 on September 16, 2019 12:49AM
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just annoys me so much I’m actually atm going through different builds because there’s certain builds I cannot kill that I use to be able to before nb nerfs. We need a damage buff.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main is a magblade. I play this char since late 2014.

I don't like how my abilities have changed, and the most annoying thing is how often things change. Sometimes I start doing pvp or trials after a while and discover that certain abilities do not work the same. Like I had refreshing path at one point, to find out that it doesn't do damage anymore. Or that the bow proc arrow is slow like paper crumbs, incap strike does not stun, the list could go on.

Can you please tell the dev team to stop making changes so often? OK.. it is fine you are trying to balance and improve things, we get that and we thank you for that. But it is annoying to find out your abilities nerfed or just doing something else every 2-3 months. Also, there are many controversial changes, like the merciless, that none asked for (heals and dmg reduction, they are not even in line with the name of this ability).

I am not a min/max-er, so my complaint is overall. I loved the nightblade, but it really feels less and less like a nightblade (magicka or not). The NB should have more burst damage abilities in its skill lines, fitting to an assassin class.

P.S. I feel really sorry for all those here asking for a nerf on cloak or for a cooldown. After all this time you don't really know how to counter a cloaked nb?
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We had our "class reps" come in here, and honestly what the f is he doing? Magnb has been nerfed so hard and it just keeps coming. I'm with @kind_hero the changes done to this class have turned it into a boring cloak abuse class with honestly bad burst. Back loaded 5 attack burst. It's not even just the class changes it's the shield and healing ward changes. All this crap the last 3-4 patches just keeps kicking nb more and more and more and now it's just a [snip] class to play.

As I said class reps program is a joke, total meme.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 23, 2022 7:48PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Losing major sorcery on entropy is a bad change.

The class has no access to major sorcery outside a melee aoe and more defensive nerfs. Magblade will be broken purely because there’s no major sorcery outside pots, and no major prophesy outside pots or inner light.

Being forced to use sp/crit/mag pots in pvp is too much of a negative in pvp for the class to be competitive.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We had our "class reps" come in here, and honestly what the [snip] is he doing? Magnb has been nerfed so hard and it just keeps coming. I'm with @kind_hero the changes done to this class have turned it into a boring cloak abuse class with honestly bad burst. Back loaded 5 attack burst. It's not even just the class changes it's the shield and healing ward changes. All this crap the last 3-4 patches just keeps kicking nb more and more and more and now it's just a [snip] class to play.

Yeah I’m really not enjoying nb the nerfs to nb have killed eso for me there’s certain builds I actually can’t kill now.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 9, 2022 7:49PM
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We had our "class reps" come in here, and honestly what the f is he doing? Magnb has been nerfed so hard and it just keeps coming. I'm with @kind_hero the changes done to this class have turned it into a boring cloak abuse class with honestly bad burst. Back loaded 5 attack burst. It's not even just the class changes it's the shield and healing ward changes. All this crap the last 3-4 patches just keeps kicking nb more and more and more and now it's just a *** class to play.

Yeah I’m really not enjoying nb the nerfs to nb have killed eso for me there’s certain builds I actually can’t kill now.

Yep NB is in a pretty bad place atm. Especially magblade but also stamblade has lost so much of it's kit and offence that it's become so much less enjoyable to play.
  • blnchk
    blnchk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

The class has no access to major sorcery outside a melee aoe and more defensive nerfs. Magblade will be broken purely because there’s no major sorcery outside pots, and no major prophesy outside pots or inner light.

Being forced to use sp/crit/mag pots in pvp is too much of a negative in pvp for the class to be competitive.

Degeneration gets to keep Major Sorcery, if I read correctly. It loses the mag return on LA, however.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    blnchk wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »

Degeneration gets to keep Major Sorcery, if I read correctly. It loses the mag return on LA, however.

Yea, I logged onto PTS to see some of the changes and noticed I was wrong. There’s still an issue a bit though because Degeneration becomes a skill tax, and NB already feels stretched thin with skill slots. If you want to ever use an immovibility pot for example you need sap, degeneration or a DK.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My only complaint is the bow proc on relentless. LA are constantly not counted in PvP, I’m guessing latency issues, and sometimes my counter even resets for no reason mid combat. Sometimes I hear a cue that bow proc is ready just to look and see that it’s not, even though the icon changed. Sometimes after I fire it the proc icon is still visible and i can’t get it to proc again until buff runs out.

I like the skill. The bow proc is strong and I like the mitigation it offers. Heal can be pretty clutch as well. But WOW is it just buggy!
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Couple pain points for me that would help improve the class:
    - no major sorcery in the class toolkit.
    - health dot on Healthy Offering is a little too high
    - Funnel health and twisting path suck
    - self healing is weak
    - mitigation is good, but without good self healing it can still feel squishy
    - I feel like the class’ missing another good heal, funnel health rework or improvement would do it.

Suggestion for Funnel Health: Reduce the damage, make it bypass resistances, and add minor vitality to targets hit. Reason being without an associated buff that it gives it’ll still never get used. Reducing damage and having it bypass resistances will ensure it’s only usable by healers and will have a pvp application.
    Edited by Iskiab on September 18, 2019 7:25PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Thanatos_inside
    Thanatos_inside
    ✭✭✭
    Also everyone just dodge grim focus and incap even if u control before hit. Combo just useless
    Edited by Thanatos_inside on September 18, 2019 8:29PM
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    With regard to class identity, the assassin class needs to have very strong up-front, single-target burst--better than any other class. However we get back to that, it needs to happen.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also everyone just dodge grim focus and incap even if u control before hit. Combo just useless

Yeah it's honestly depressing how many times people roll my soul harvest and bow, and there is nothing you can do about it. The saddest part imo is how often I animation cancel my sh because I know I have to get it off quick.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have a hunch that the Healthy Offering damage ticks can get desynced. It’s hard to confirm it but I’ve felt bursted only to see mostly healthy Offering ticks on my death recap.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • sandblack
    sandblack
    ✭✭
    Recent buffs:
    We did get a faster spectral bow, it also just recently got buffed so that we dont lose bowproc if we dont actually fire the bow. (That was anoying as duck when it just vanished because the target ran behind a tree after bow was fired)
    The heal makes no difference whatsoever.

Snare removal with major exp, or with class skill + major evasion.

Cloak seems to work more reliably

Shade works, i find myself actually believing in it.

Dots got buffed 100%,

Ok. So, the shade is pretty powerful, itl still be powerful after 6m nerf.

We get minor magicka steal from debilitate.

In no cp (imo) the class is playing ok.
    I run staves, full light brawler, mostly only cloak when vs 2 +, i dont run any offensive ulti though.

Dots are getting abit overnerfed.
    The ward nerf last patch sucks.

Everyone is losing their [snip] this patch, more than usual. Its a 6m nerf?
    Everyones dots and ground effects are being nerfed, no?
    Yeah a selfheal would be nice, but we havent had that since healing ward got nerfed.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 9, 2022 7:50PM
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i actually think mass hysteria has advantages over turn evil. it doesnt have a cast delay and one meter wider range makes it better, at least for me.

so many times people running and i try to stun them with turn evil but fail, i switched to hysteria again which feels way more smooth.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hakan wrote: »
    i actually think mass hysteria has advantages over turn evil. it doesnt have a cast delay and one meter wider range makes it better, at least for me.

so many times people running and i try to stun them with turn evil but fail, i switched to hysteria again which feels way more smooth.

Yeah but fighters guild gives you some dope passives. And the thing is you're a nb, do you really think every class should have a fear? I was a class identity skill. Why don't we give classes a mercy bow style skill next..... Oh wait.... They kinda did...
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip] But magnb needs more [snip] damage man. It just does. You're so restricted on you options to build and it's rely on proc sets or go full [snip] offensive stats and die if someone looks at you. Not to mention most our bust has been slowed down and given cast times along with being back loaded. @Glory hey bro now that you gave us a cameo how about you actually respond and do something for the class. Or am I correct to assume round two of class reps is as big of a meme as round 1

Edit. I'll modify my statement a little. Even being backloaded was not the end of the world because at least in the past we had a animation cancelable soul harvest and a faster moving bow. Now a gorilla mashing buttons could break free and dodge this combo. It's a meme... Dare I say as much as the class rep program?

[edited for baiting & profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 9, 2022 7:52PM
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hakan wrote: »

Yeah but fighters guild gives you some dope passives. And the thing is you're a nb, do you really think every class should have a fear? I was a class identity skill. Why don't we give classes a mercy bow style skill next..... Oh wait.... They kinda did...

i agree with identity thing. but that happens for everything in this game. every class losing "identity" and it is very sad.
  • Legendry
    Legendry
    ✭✭✭
    Only two pain points for patch 5.20.
    -Shade range should be 11 meters, just enough to avoid a DB.
    -Heal on tether is overkill. The class has too many healing capabilities and heals got buffed.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Legendry wrote: »
    -Heal on tether is overkill. The class has too many healing capabilities and heals got buffed.

Are you serious or trolling? I’ve only been on PTS to check values, have you done duels?

From all the testing I’ve done magblades will easily be the weakest pvp healers as is on PTS.
    Edited by Iskiab on September 22, 2019 12:14AM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sandblack wrote: »
    Recent buffs:
    We did get a faster spectral bow, it also just recently got buffed so that we dont lose bowproc if we dont actually fire the bow. (That was anoying as duck when it just vanished because the target ran behind a tree after bow was fired)

Dots got buffed 100%,

I run staves, full light brawler, mostly only cloak when vs 2 +, i dont run any offensive ulti though.

Everyone is losing their [snip] this patch, more than usual. Its a 6m nerf?
    Yeah a selfheal would be nice, but we havent had that since healing ward got nerfed.
    It’s called having enough with it all in my case losing faith.
    [snip]

[edited for baiting & to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 9, 2022 7:52PM
  • psycoprophet
    psycoprophet
    ✭✭
    sandblack wrote: »
    Recent buffs:

Dots got buffed 100%,

Everyone is losing their *** this patch, more than usual. Its a 6m nerf?
    It’s called having enough with it all in my case losing faith.
    You are obviously trolling.

Their trying reverse psychology
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Class Rep.

Is the Spectral Bow/Insert Ultimate the only viable burst combo without going into Proc sets for MagBlades?

Are you advocating for us to NOT rely on class skills for damage besides the burst combo? Instead we are meant to rely on non-Class skills using other trees, such as Destruction staff skills, Psijic Order, Mage Guild, etc.?

What's your position on all these questions?

What's the NB developer team's position on these questions?
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't want suggestions, but I'll give a few anyway for consideration.

I have thought that removing the heal component from Grim focus and having it provide Major Brutality/Sorcery at base or either as morph options for the Stamina/Magicka counterparts would be much more reliable instead of on Drain Essence. I would finally be able to drop 2-Handed weapons due to the current dependency on it if I don't want to become a potion chugger.

I also feel that Nightblades could have more improved stealth as one part of their 'identity' than they currently do. This could be achieved by having one of the class passives reduce the crouch(Sneak) penalty by 25/50%, and then also allowing Veiled Strike to provide the +25% movement speed while sneaking or invisible as one of it's base mechanics to allow Surprise Attack to then gain the effect as well. That would hopefully make becoming a Vampire feel less 'needed' and also feel less required to use a set like Night's Silence if you were not a Vampire.

Even with those changes, you'd still have a -25% speed in crouched stealth at base but at least you could better enjoy that kind of gameplay without 'wasting' a set to get there. And then if you want it gone completely, you could go ahead and use that set, or be a pale-faced red-eyed blood drinker.
    Edited by VaxtinTheWolf on September 25, 2019 11:40PM
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • stamdammered
    stamdammered
    ✭✭
    Sahidom wrote: »
    Class Rep.

Is the Spectral Bow/Insert Ultimate the only viable burst combo without going into Proc sets for MagBlades?

Are you advocating for us to NOT rely on class skills for damage besides the burst combo? Instead we are meant to rely on non-Class skills using other trees, such as Destruction staff skills, Psijic Order, Mage Guild, etc.?

What's your position on all these questions?

What's the NB developer team's position on these questions?

But... it’s hardly a “combo” considering landing both is quite the challenge
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭

But... it’s hardly a “combo” considering landing both is quite the challenge

That's true. When it boils down to it, it's this type of line-up or the class will be dependent on sets focused on using shadowy and LA to proc the set's burst hits. That's really the question here.

If the class is meant to use non-Class skills then say so, it may save skill points with new players from wasting them on frivolous class skills that won't be relevant in their game play.

If the class skills are nerfed due to sets that perform overly well using class skill synergies as the justification for game balance. How do the developers expect to raise any class identity from that position/rationale of nerfing?

These discussion questions for the Class Rep, and by association the developers, are directed to discuss and understand what's ahead from a class architecture perspective, or for any class for that matter.
    Edited by Sahidom on September 27, 2019 1:56PM