The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Premade groups are ruining battlegrounds...

• Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    ZOS needs to add premades vs premades queues or the ability for premade private matches, like a ladder system or something.
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bardx86 wrote: »
    It's really become a boring way to play. Everyone stacks on each other in a brawler style until someone finally dies which could take minutes. It's just not fun anymore.

Now imagine that instead of 4 players stacking on each other, you and your team of random players, have to fight a 24 pplayer premade that has at least 4 healers making everyone else completely and totally invulnerable. Everyone in that group is wearing on tanky set. And everyone else is stacked for damage because stamina/magicka sustain is being taken for by synergies provided by healers.
    And that my friend is what it's like in Cyrodill when you meet a ballgroup.
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bardx86 wrote: »
    It's really become a boring way to play. Everyone stacks on each other in a brawler style until someone finally dies which could take minutes. It's just not fun anymore.

Now imagine that instead of 4 players stacking on each other, you and your team of random players, have to fight a 24 pplayer premade that has at least 4 healers making everyone else completely and totally invulnerable. Everyone in that group is wearing on tanky set. And everyone else is stacked for damage because stamina/magicka sustain is being taken for by synergies provided by healers.
    And that my friend is what it's like in Cyrodill when you meet a ballgroup.

Thats why i don't play in Cyrodiil anymore.
  • Gretzel
    Gretzel
    ✭✭✭
    No
    They should have a separate queue but I played BGs all day long yesterday with and without a premade and I had more fun when I got out of the premade. That was a frustrating as *** experience.
    Sorc dps / DK tank / Templar healer - Xbox NA - Black Marsh Legion - cp 270
  • Gretzel
    Gretzel
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I wonder how many people think 4 good players are "premades".

As much as people like to think ESO caters to "noobs," the combat is not forgiving at all. The better and more experienced player almost always wins.

Gear sets factor in too signifigantly for you to make that statement. This is coming from someone who's pvped in almost every game under the sun. Still prefer gear to not exist so it only comes down to build, timing, positioning, management, ie. Skill.
    Edited by Gretzel on April 2, 2019 1:09PM
    Sorc dps / DK tank / Templar healer - Xbox NA - Black Marsh Legion - cp 270
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    A couple of days ago I solo queued and got a BG with a really solid group where we dominated. Someone from another team started sending me tells about how premades are ruining pvp, even though it’s random and I solo queued.

I think the issues with MMR I see are mainly because there aren’t a lot of players doing battlegrounds. If there were more players, the matches would have tighter MMRs leading to better games and groups would fill up every match. I also think until scoring is improved you’re going to have lopsided matches because your score decides your MMR, and it doesn’t necessarily correlate to why a team won. That’s why sometimes one team will get steam rolled - their MMR ranking isn’t indicative of their strength.

As an aside, fought what I think was a premade yesterday and beat them handily.

Is most of high MMR tight ball groups with tethered healers? It doesn’t look like an effective strategy to me. Too defensive and pvp always rewards aggressive play.

Edited by Iskiab on April 4, 2019 3:03AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Iskiab

I think you're not facing the right premades.

Face a magden with permafrost and deep fissure, followed up by his stamden buddy using dawnbreaker, steel tornado, and sub assault, followed up by the stam sorc with hurricane, dawnbreaker, and steel tornado. All accompanied by a magplar with guard and heals.

twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Yea, that’s nasty. Think I usually see a DK in the mix for the root..

That’s a good comp and tough to beat if they can ult dump you. Still think the player matters more than the class because I’ve seen complementary spec premade groups lose too.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • jediodyn_ESO
    jediodyn_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Keep facing the same premades/partial premades night after night. Been months. Really want to get back into the game but I cant bring myself to play more than a couple of matches before logging off to find some PvP that is more fun.

I love this game, I really want to play this game and recommend it to my friends, the PvP is just... so bad right now.

Separating the pugs from premade is so long overdue. Last patch just made things worse.
  • thoughtseize
    thoughtseize
    ✭✭
    No
    Some people prefer playing with friends. With the new patch it just made doing so even harder. I wait in queue for over 30 minutes for a bg. At this point I sit in queue more than I actually play this game. With the way mmr is now, separating queues would make it so some people would hardly ever get into a bg. The whack mmr system is the issue not the premade groups.
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    At this point I sit in queue more than I actually play this game. With the way mmr is now, separating queues would make it so some people would hardly ever get into a bg. The whack mmr system is the issue not the premade groups.

There should be a choice.
    With endless queue or quick no matter.
    U want play bg as premade - u queue as premade vs premades, or vs randoms who's choice was queue vs premades.
    If u random - u should choose what u want... very simple.
    In such case battlegrounds population will grow many times...because there will be real challenge for both premade players or random ones.
    Edited by Anethum on April 8, 2019 10:37PM
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    The Forums: "I want to test my skills against other skilled players. It's no fun just rolling over other teams..its like clubbing baby seals...no one wants that. We like a challenge"

Oh, then premades should face other premades?

The Forums: "Nah..."

• bigelle.x3_ESO
    bigelle.x3_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    No
    It's not the premades, it's their healers. Healing is overturned. I imagine if you have an immortal templar that knows what he's doing on your pug team you could beat a premade of 4 dps.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    It's not the premades, it's their healers. Healing is overturned. I imagine if you have an immortal templar that knows what he's doing on your pug team you could beat a premade of 4 dps.

Healing’s not overtuned. There’s also no such thing as an immortal Templar, even if they have tether.

Healing’s actually weaker in this game then others and people have more self healing in this game then most.

Issue is moreso the level of your average pvper is still low. People want to go off and do their own thing and be rewarded for it, but it’s never going to happen. It has nothing to do with game design too, basic mathematics disagrees it’s effective.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 14, 2019 4:26PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Betty_Booms
    Betty_Booms
    ✭✭✭

Partially right. Healing will win a bg in most circumstances. Although the teams generally where each member has around 150 to 200k healing but all 4 still pressure with dps I find to be more successful then a team with a deticated healer.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    If you play in the mornings, before noon, eastern US time, you don’t really run into any premades.

I don’t play as often as I used to, but the handful of times I’ve run into premades during primetime was when I was also in a premade.

Don’t know if that’s because ZoS changed anything with the group finder, or because I just play less.
  • NupidStoob
    NupidStoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Iskiab wrote: »

Healing’s not overtuned. There’s also no such thing as an immortal Templar, even if they have tether.

Healing’s actually weaker in this game then others and people have more self healing in this game then most.

Issue is moreso the level of your average pvper is still low. People want to go off and do their own thing and be rewarded for it, but it’s never going to happen. It has nothing to do with game design too, basic mathematics disagrees it’s effective.

I'd agree if the only healing was actually done by the healer as it's the case in most other games as well. The massive amount of offhealing in this game especially from vigor ensures that you have a hard time killing anyone in a group. If you are solo you won't kill anyone from a premade group unless there is an incredible skillgap or they split up (which would also be attributed to being not very skilled). However most of the time the people that tryhard enough to group as 4, plan teamcomps, use voice etc. aren't bad players either.
  • bigelle.x3_ESO
    bigelle.x3_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Healing's not overturned he says. Resto ult carries games. Dont even need spell power to heal, but it's not overtuned.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Playing a full premade right now, and the game won't give the other teams a 4th. The garbage match maker ruins bgs more than premades do...

Edited by MaxJrFTW on April 25, 2019 10:52PM
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Healing's not overturned he says. Resto ult carries games. Dont even need spell power to heal, but it's not overtuned.

You don’t need spell power to do damage either.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    Playing a full premade right now, and the game won't give the other teams a 4th. The garbage match maker ruins bgs more than premades do...

JHDJRz3.jpg

Par for the course mate.
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
    Over 37,500 Achievements!
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Had a BG today where we were 3 fighting against two teams of 4. Didn’t get our 4th until we were 200 points behind, ended up losing by 20 some odd points.

Moreso then premades, teams fighting short handed is the biggest BG issue right now.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 20, 2019 4:36PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    And there is the same guild yet again queuing premades against solo players, and the match maker yet again, won't give the solo queuers a 4th...
    Edited by MaxJrFTW on April 25, 2019 10:52PM
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    And there is the same guild yet again queuing premades against solo players, and the match maker yet again, won't give the solo queuers a 4th...

vWgqOh4.jpg

28k damage?

lulwut
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    ChunkyCat wrote: »

vWgqOh4.jpg

28k damage?

lulwut

Oh i'm sorry for not pouring my heart and soul into a game that was decided before it even started. Masochism isn't my thing. I see a premade and i'll just alt+tab and do something else.
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭

vWgqOh4.jpg

28k damage?

lulwut

Oh i'm sorry for not pouring my heart and soul into a game that was decided before it even started. Masochism isn't my thing. I see a premade and i'll just alt+tab and do something else.

I tend to set a smaller goal than winning the battleground in such cases, for example I create my own goal of killing one of them that has the worst name. Or killstealing their kills then escaping death as often as I can. But I won't stop trying. Different mindset I suppose.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    LordTareq wrote: »

vWgqOh4.jpg

28k damage?

lulwut

I tend to set a smaller goal than winning the battleground in such cases, for example I create my own goal of killing one of them that has the worst name. Or killstealing their kills then escaping death as often as I can. But I won't stop trying. Different mindset I suppose.

different classes i suppose.for me it means a waste of tristat potions in a already lost fight. they are pretty expensive.

I was lucky today too. i did eight matches in a row against one premade and ninth match was like the cherry on top - two premades vs three men pug. i want to thank zos for the very inspirational game session.
    Edited by oxygen_thief on April 28, 2019 12:10AM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Ugg, as a solo queuer I beat premades all the time. Not every time, but enough so it’s competitive.

Some games we start losing but then later on in the game we get a 4th and have to play catch up. Never give up! If you discouraged try something else for a bit.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • GoNutsDK
    GoNutsDK
    Soul Shriven
    Yes
    A lot of people state that we can't have a proper MMR system due to lack of players. But if battlegrounds were balanced better, there might be alot of players who wouldnt quit pvp. The "noobs" would get to learn the mechanics at their own pace, and the experienced players would get a challenge instead of playing wack a mole. The game would be way more fun for everyone.
  • jediodyn_ESO
    jediodyn_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Ugg, as a solo queuer I beat premades all the time. Not every time, but enough so it’s competitive.

Some games we start losing but then later on in the game we get a 4th and have to play catch up. Never give up! If you discouraged try something else for a bit.

In what? Pre 50’s BGs? Low MMR BG? Who are you in game and what do you play on? I find your statement hard to believe.

Edit for more explanation:
    I find it hard to believe b/c on PS4 this week I went up against the same duos and premades about 3/4 matches. Yeah, I play at prime time, but so do most people. Getting in with a duo? Yeah, we win, me and some pugs, hey... 2nd place.
    Edited by jediodyn_ESO on May 1, 2019 8:24PM