Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

We've been scamed, I want my money back - Monster Mask set Weapon Packs with tickets

• Hand_Bacon
    Hand_Bacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just another victim, nothing to see here.
    #AlmostGood@ESO
    Options
  • bigelle.x3_ESO
    bigelle.x3_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Game at launch costs $60. Game 1 year later costs $40. Everybody at launch should get $20 back. 2 years later, game costs $20. Everybody at launch should receive $40 back. Some good logic.
    Options
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rynth wrote: »
    It's not a scam, but I'm sure that if you submit a ticket and are respectful and courteous they very likely will give you a refund. Calling them out on forums is not a step in that direction.

if you ask for refunds, and get your refund, they will ban your account. trust me
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
    Options
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Game at launch costs $60. Game 1 year later costs $40. Everybody at launch should get $20 back. 2 years later, game costs $20. Everybody at launch should receive $40 back. Some good logic.

Most of us have bought the game many times over when you consider chapters, then those being made base game.

So... I want all that back too.
    Options
  • wnights
    wnights
    ✭✭✭
    Patience, my friends, patience. Always rewarding. I am very sorry you bought those for real money and I guess I would feel scammed too. But I am glad those are going to be available in-game.

I guess you can learn from this to never buy things from the crown store unless you really want them and almost sure they won't be purchasable without crowns. We live and we learn
    Keirah Belmore - Dark elf Magblade
    Options
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    wnights wrote: »
    Patience, my friends, patience. Always rewarding. I am very sorry you bought those for real money and I guess I would feel scammed too. But I am glad those are going to be available in-game.

I guess you can learn from this to never buy things from the crown store unless you really want them and almost sure they won't be purchasable without crowns. We live and we learn

OP learnt nothing. They got their refund.
    wnights wrote: »
    We live and we learn

Indeed, a new lesson has been taught. It may have been a special exception in OP's case, but damn, fair play.

Credit where credit is due.
    Edited by mairwen85 on April 24, 2019 12:05PM
    Options
  • VvardeFellow
    VvardeFellow
    ✭✭✭
    You may think you have been scammed, but perhaps WE, and I can only speak for this we, do not think we have been.
    Options
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's life, and it sucks. Just move on though. You were able to sport the sweet styles before anyone else, so basically you paid for pre-access before the masses were able to get it for in-game currency.
    Options
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Two lessons from this post, it seems.

ZoS isn't the devil people try to make them look like they are and they will treat you right.

Forum whiners will whine.
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL

So when ZOS rewarded players with Crown Store exclusive pets during the last dungeon event, it was a scam? Funny, I don't recall you expressing your outrage back then...
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
    Options
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LOL...its only cosmetics OP!
    Options
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nighn_9 wrote: »
    It's not a scam, but I'm sure that if you submit a ticket and are respectful and courteous they very likely will give you a refund. Calling them out on forums is not a step in that direction.

if you ask for refunds, and get your refund, they will ban your account. trust me

This^ is absolutely true. I had an account I had been using since beta and let a girl I was dating play a character on that account, the day we broke up I found out shed used my debit card to buy roughly $300 dollars worth of crowns but hadnt spent them. I contacted ZoS asking to refund my money and take the crowns back. They returned my money and instantly banned my account. Customer service told me I could only have the account unbanned if I paid the $300 back to ZoS. I got a new account.
    Options
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This^ is absolutely true. I had an account I had been using since beta and let a girl I was dating play a character on that account, the day we broke up I found out shed used my debit card to buy roughly $300 dollars worth of crowns but hadnt spent them. I contacted ZoS asking to refund my money and take the crowns back. They returned my money and instantly banned my account. Customer service told me I could only have the account unbanned if I paid the $300 back to ZoS. I got a new account.

Wtf-
    Options
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Mail prints with proof, please?
    Options
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wtf-

Customer service explained that the crowns would remain on the account and I could either pay for them again or lose the account.
    Options
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

See, this is why you should never trust other people.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
    Options
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yeah would've been banned anyway even with no refund no account sharing
    Options
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »

Yeah you should definitely not trust someone youve been living with for over a year. Thats why Samurai kept a knife by the bedside, right?
    Options
  • Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see any problem with something that was/is available in the Crown Store to then be made available from the Impressario. It's unlikely you could get enough tickets to buy them anyway without buying tickets with crowns unless you don't bother with the feathers, berries, or pets. Even then are they going to cost, what, 5 tickets? 10 tickets? Most events only give out like 24 tickets or so. As I said, you would be spending crowns for tickets.
    Options
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Especially people on the forums.
    Options
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So... you basically sent an email to support straight up admitting that you have been violating their ToS. And you got into a situation that would've never happened if you were to follow ToS and you want a refund? That was actually really nice of them to give you that refund before banning the account...

It wasn't the refund that got you banned.
    Options
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »

So... you basically sent an email to support straight up admitting that you have been violating their ToS. And you got into a situation that would've never happened if you were to follow ToS and you want a refund? That was actually really nice of them to give you that refund before banning the account...

Someone at ZoS isn't doing there job correctly
    Options
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah you should definitely not trust someone youve been living with for over a year. Thats why Samurai kept a knife by the bedside, right?

Exactly.

And what you keep at your bedside is not my business...
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
    Options
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »

Especially people on the forums.

Most definitely.
    Options
  • shaielzafine
    shaielzafine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So they banned that account because of someone else having unauthorized purchases? Instead of just removing crowns from the account?
    Options
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So they banned that account because of someone else having unauthorized purchases? Instead of just removing crowns from the account?

And yet Customer Service offered me the account back for 300 bucks. Good fanboying though. Top notch stuff.
    Options
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

And yet Customer Service offered me the account back for 300 bucks. Good fanboying though. Top notch stuff.

The one that offered the account back for the $ that was spent should be fired tbh, since they just went against the ToS

"No Sharing of accounts"
    Options
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »

The one that offered the account back for the $ that was spent should be fired tbh, since they just went against the ToS

"No Sharing of accounts"

Sharing of accounts doesnt apply to someone sitting down at your computer and pushing buttons on your character. Customer service agreed on that point and made the appropriate call. The whiteknighting is neither necessary or appreciated hy ZoS nor is it the topic of this thread.
    Options
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see any problem with something that was/is available in the Crown Store to then be made available from the Impressario. It's unlikely you could get enough tickets to buy them anyway without buying tickets with crowns unless you don't bother with the feathers, berries, or pets. Even then are they going to cost, what, 5 tickets? 10 tickets? Most events only give out like 24 tickets or so. As I said, you would be spending crowns for tickets.

"Shadowrend, Ilambris, Molag Kena, and Grothdarr style pages for mask, shoulders, and weapons will also be available from the Impresario during the event, for Event Tickets. Earn your tickets during the event and you can complete your look with the Impresario’s offerings."

Once we get to Valkyn Skoria in a few months, or DLC dungeons down the road, that will encourage more people to just wait for the Impresario to obtain in-game rewards.

Troll King's mask is hovering around 2 million gold on PC-NA. Trading for 10 event tickets would be closer to 500,000 gold. I'd rather save 1.5 million on the Bind on Pickup one whenever it becomes available.

The entire Arms Pack has to be available during the event anyway*. Individual pieces at the Impresario isn't a Pack so the Crown Store bundle can't be conveniently overlooked. When you use "inviolably" in copy you had better be prepared to stand by it.

So again, no issue with the individual items as RNG rewards, and no issue with bringing Undaunted styles back.
    The weapons aren't even really an issue because if ticket count becomes an issue I'd just buy the entire Pack. I feel they're worth it. I'm happy to have another chance to pick up the Ilambris weapons - in the Crown Store.

The huge issue is how the Impresario makes running the veteran dungeon for the mask style unattractive unless you're farming to sell multiple copies. And is there even motivation to do that anymore? It undermines the normal method of acquisition more than it should.

h8pGXXD.jpg
    signing off
    Options
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »

"No Sharing of accounts"

Sharing of accounts doesnt apply to someone sitting down at your computer and pushing buttons on your character. Customer service agreed on that point and made the appropriate call. The whiteknighting is neither necessary or appreciated hy ZoS nor is it the topic of this thread.

It does indeed, anyone on your account at any given time no matter if your near them or not it is account sharing and against the ToS
    Edited by Cpt_Teemo on April 24, 2019 7:14PM
    Options
This discussion has been closed.