The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

We've been scamed, I want my money back - Monster Mask set Weapon Packs with tickets

• OrdinatorInMourning
    A bit of math: Weapon Pack's price is 2500 crowns. Each ticket in Crown Store costs 250 crowns. Every event motif page costed 5 ticket, so, 5x250=1250 crowns per one style page. Well, I think that weapon's page won't cost 5 tickets, maybe 10 tickets because it was Crown Store exclusive? So it's 2500 crowns, like a whole Weapon Pack.
    And I bet if you want to get all Weapon Packs during the event you should to donate. You will have to gather Indrik berries, so your tickets are limited.
    Anyway, you had a chance to buy Weapon Packs via in-game gold. Like tickets. I see no problem here really.
    PC/EU.
  • AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see the problem here.....

1.Almost if not every item from the crown store ended up as crown crate gem exchanges.

2.Motifs from the crown store can be earned from dailies, dungeons or can be looted.

2. Mounts could be earned from free crown crates from leveling or participating in certain events.

3. All mounts, homes, and some costumes could be earned from a yearly event

5. Real money used to exchange crowns to gold exchange is used to purchase goods

Again, I don't see where the outrage and crying is coming from?
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Huh.... sounds good to me. Do this with more crown store stuff, ZOS!
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • KhajiitFelix
    KhajiitFelix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All these homeless poor beggars without a job happy to see free stuff coming to them without effort.... Disgusting
  • BackAndAngry
    BackAndAngry
    ✭✭✭
    Dwemer weapons for free soon. Grab them... later!
    PSA - Crown items paid for cash have a chance to soon be obtainable in game for free
    Not my quote "It took a while to sink in that we’re killing it right now..."
    Dragonhold - "...updated Activity Finder for dungeons and Battlegrounds, and also focuses heavily on the first part of the performance improvements for ESO..." ^^
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nighn_9 wrote: »
    rynth wrote: »
    It's not a scam, but I'm sure that if you submit a ticket and are respectful and courteous they very likely will give you a refund. Calling them out on forums is not a step in that direction.

if you ask for refunds, and get your refund, they will ban your account. trust me

Uhm... what happened to @GaianSpirit ... they did get their refund, not commented since page 4 --- :worried:

• green_villain
    green_villain
    ✭✭✭
    @Nighn_9
    no, you lied
    they will not ban you, stop spreading misinformation
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @GaianSpirit
    Hey there buddy, you might want to change the title of your thread since ZOS gave you a refund they were under no obligations to give. Wonder why you haven't done it already and why you kept ignoring people asking you why, exactly, you thought you were entitled to a refund to begin with since ZOS never claimed the Monster Weapon packs would be Crown exclusive. YOU were the one who attributed them being in the CS to some level of exclusivity that was never officially announced by ZOS.

So where's the thread title change and all? It's shady enough that you just dipped out of the thread and ignored numerous posts pinging you asking for clarification. Now it feels even more like you're just trying to garner hate for ZOS even though they at least returned your Crowns.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Ajaxduo
    Ajaxduo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have bought a couple of the weapon packs and I have farmed some of the undaunted styles during their respective events.
    I do not feel scammed at all, this is honestly a good move as it gives more people access to the cosmetics. These packs are roughly £15~ each, not everyone can afford that.
    Plus this kind of stuff happens all the time, be it giveaways, drops, events with DLC, mounts, crates, motifs, etc. Your initial post read quite a bit like buyers remorse, while I am glad you got a refund which they were not obligated to do - perhaps be more wary of your future purchases. Also iirc you are only entitled to one refund on an account, at least that is what I was told by CS when I purchased the wrong item from the Crown Store.
    Edited by Ajaxduo on April 25, 2019 1:19PM
    - - -
    GM of Verum Aeternus, PC EU
    - - -
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does this work in game to? Remember buying an spell strategist staff and they are much cheaper now.
    Can I contact the seller and demand money back?
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol i love reading post like this.
    I know your anger. For many other things about this game.
    But yay! Now i can get those sweet style staffs.
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ive always bought these weapon packs with in game gold lel. 250k, i can sell four gold rings for 50k each from pvp and it's as if i didn't spend any money to begin with. 1.2m-1.5m ap thats just a week's worth of work without zerging or playing all day. PVEr's have it way easier because the amount of money you can make in pve is not even comparable to pvp. There are people making over 500k a week just doing crafting writs and then selling the master writs and the gold materials with zero effort at all. It pays to be a crafter like holy ****t
    Edited by Kalante on April 25, 2019 5:13PM
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kalante wrote: »
    ive always bought these weapon packs with in game gold lel. 250k, i can sell four gold rings for 50k each from pvp and it's as if i didn't spend any money to begin with. 1.2m-1.5m ap thats just a week's worth of work without zerging or playing all day. PVEr's have it way easier because the amount of money you can make in pve is not even comparable to pvp. There are people making over 500k a week just doing crafting writs and then selling the master writs and the gold materials with zero effort at all. It pays to be a crafter like holy ****t

Yeah, I craft with 11 characters and get 50k gold per day quickly. I can use that to buy mats for upgrading both PvE and PvP equipment. Don’t limit yourself to one or the other.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nighn_9
    no, you lied

I was banned for a week. And if i didnt buy something o fsame value in a set amount of time they were going to erase my account
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Nighn_9
    no, you lied

I was banned for a week. And if i didnt buy something o fsame value in a set amount of time they were going to erase my account

I saw a leprechaun in the woods behind my house.

Also can we let the thread die?
  • angelncelestine
    angelncelestine
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bought some of the weapon packs, and I don't really feel all that cheated here. It looks to me like they are only adding a handful of them that were released many months ago. I have enjoyed them already for many months so for me it is what it is. I feel no need to get out my pitchfork.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    @Nighn_9
    no, you lied

I am all right with this threads continued life, I got 110+ awesomes from my comment in this thread.
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nighn_9
    no, you lied

I am all right with this threads continued life, I got 110+ awesomes from my comment in this thread.

I want 110 awesomes. How do I get that? Oh, right, say something really awesome. Well, I’m screwed...
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Nighn_9
    no, you lied

I want 110 awesomes. How do I get that? Oh, right, say something really awesome. Well, I’m screwed...

Have one from me.
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ogou wrote: »
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »
    It's not a scam, but I'm sure that if you submit a ticket and are respectful and courteous they very likely will give you a refund. Calling them out on forums is not a step in that direction.

if you ask for refunds, and get your refund, they will ban your account. trust me

This^ is absolutely true. I had an account I had been using since beta and let a girl I was dating play a character on that account, the day we broke up I found out shed used my debit card to buy roughly $300 dollars worth of crowns but hadnt spent them. I contacted ZoS asking to refund my money and take the crowns back. They returned my money and instantly banned my account. Customer service told me I could only have the account unbanned if I paid the $300 back to ZoS. I got a new account.

So they banned that account because of someone else having unauthorized purchases? Instead of just removing crowns from the account?
    Royaji wrote: »

This^ is absolutely true. I had an account I had been using since beta and let a girl I was dating play a character on that account, the day we broke up I found out shed used my debit card to buy roughly $300 dollars worth of crowns but hadnt spent them. I contacted ZoS asking to refund my money and take the crowns back. They returned my money and instantly banned my account. Customer service told me I could only have the account unbanned if I paid the $300 back to ZoS. I got a new account.

So... you basically sent an email to support straight up admitting that you have been violating their ToS. And you got into a situation that would've never happened if you were to follow ToS and you want a refund? That was actually really nice of them to give you that refund before banning the account...

It wasn't the refund that got you banned.

And yet Customer Service offered me the account back for 300 bucks. Good fanboying though. Top notch stuff.

The one that offered the account back for the $ that was spent should be fired tbh, since they just went against the ToS

"No Sharing of accounts"

Sharing of accounts doesnt apply to someone sitting down at your computer and pushing buttons on your character. Customer service agreed on that point and made the appropriate call. The whiteknighting is neither necessary or appreciated hy ZoS nor is it the topic of this thread.

It does indeed, anyone on your account at any given time no matter if your near them or not it is account sharing and against the ToS

Weird that ZoS disagrees with you on what their terms means.

Source?

The whole story doesn't make sense tbh. How was he supposed to pay ZOS back the $300? Buy another stack of crown? There have been other users showing that ZOS has the ability to remove crowns from your account so there was no reason for ZOS to hold his account in the first place. There's either some important details missing or the whole thing is fabricated.

/shrug

All i can do is tell you what happened. [removed comment]
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on May 1, 2019 2:50PM
  • Runkorko
    Runkorko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In patch note 5.0.1 it says there will be a Dungeon Event where we will be able to get the shoulders and masks from thier respective chests and dungeon bosses. But it also says the following:

"Shadowrend, Ilambris, Molag Kena, and Grothdarr style pages for mask, shoulders, and weapons will also be available from the Impresario during the event, for Event Tickets. Earn your tickets during the event and you can complete your look with the Impresario’s offerings."

The weapons from the Weapon Packs we bought in the Crown Store with REAL MONEY is possible to buy with tickets, a in game currency. This is not right, there was no information that the Weapons Packs would be avaible with a in game currency, something which if I'd known I would never have bought the Weapon Packs with REAL MONEY. Its even worse, because, and I think it was the case for many that did buy the Weapon Packs, I just wanted 1 of the weapons in the pack.

I created a ticket about this, but I am also making a forum post about it so that ZOS notices and sees that this is not the sway to creat a loyal costumer and devoted player, things that are Crown Store exclusive should remain that way.
    ZOS I want my money back, and for you to respect me as a costumer in the future.

If you agree that this is a scam, simply write "I want my money back ZOS"

Learn the definition of THEN and NOW.....
    I dont care about thos stiles. I`l probably wont even bother to buy themm but i see nothing wrong in the event.
    You payd real money to feel/look special. You had your time. Nohing last forever and things changed.
    One which cost money now, will be cheaper or free tomorrow.
    I`m more ofended about loyality 1y reward when they release recolored versions you able to buy with crowns ....
    I feel you and see your point. But your point is also wrong.
    Its busines. Face it
    Edited by Runkorko on May 1, 2019 2:20PM
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've closed this thread as it is no longer constructive and has derailed into personal insults.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.