The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

We've been scamed, I want my money back - Monster Mask set Weapon Packs with tickets

• GaianSpirit
    GaianSpirit
    ✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    I think that argument is silly - you can argue the same when games go free to play or on a discount. You can exchange gold with crowns and therefore already have a dual mode to pay for things. Anything that gets more people into dungeons is good for the game.

Hoolielulu wrote: »
    We don't know when they decided to add these packs to the event. They may not have known "all along."

since a lot of people dont seem to know... to OP doesnt remember that the monster helm and shoulder ARE NOT FROM THE CROWN STORE but from the ingame undaunted chest/dungeon farm...and if u do a normal rotation since its 1 of each type per month...it would take roughly 2+ years to have a comeback loop...so yeah sure...its nice to have them coming in to the impresario...frankly I like the idea since I dont care about indriks after I got the 1st one...so at least now I can use them on something that I might use...oh and in case the OP meant ingame gold...well if u afforded to spend 300k/page then u can afford to make them back in no time :3

Dude you missed the point, Im not on about the shoulders or head motif, its about the crown store WEAPON PACKS being purchasable for in game currency

They are already purchasable with in game currency. You can find a player willing to spend real money on them and pay that player gold to buy these items for you. You are literally complaining about something that is already in game in one form. Give it a rest.

Yes but that requires that I have a lot of in game gold. which I dont
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    I think that argument is silly - you can argue the same when games go free to play or on a discount. You can exchange gold with crowns and therefore already have a dual mode to pay for things. Anything that gets more people into dungeons is good for the game.

Hoolielulu wrote: »
    We don't know when they decided to add these packs to the event. They may not have known "all along."

since a lot of people dont seem to know... to OP doesnt remember that the monster helm and shoulder ARE NOT FROM THE CROWN STORE but from the ingame undaunted chest/dungeon farm...and if u do a normal rotation since its 1 of each type per month...it would take roughly 2+ years to have a comeback loop...so yeah sure...its nice to have them coming in to the impresario...frankly I like the idea since I dont care about indriks after I got the 1st one...so at least now I can use them on something that I might use...oh and in case the OP meant ingame gold...well if u afforded to spend 300k/page then u can afford to make them back in no time :3

Dude you missed the point, Im not on about the shoulders or head motif, its about the crown store WEAPON PACKS being purchasable for in game currency

They are already purchasable with in game currency. You can find a player willing to spend real money on them and pay that player gold to buy these items for you. You are literally complaining about something that is already in game in one form. Give it a rest.

Yes but that requires that I have a lot of in game gold. which I dont

Crafting...
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is frustrating, to be sure.

The monster weapon styles should have been in-game drops from the start. They were not and instead presented as timed exclusives. It's more than a little underhanded to go from making them timed exclusives to now making them earnable in-game.

I'm not going to ask for my money back. I am going to ask that Zenimax allow the "crown crate exclusive" weapon styles to be earnable in-game as well. That's only fair, especially since they are ridiculously expensive. It would also be in keeping with this decision to offer other so-called crown exclusive items in-game as well. Why stop with just styles? Make it all earnable in-game.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @GaianSpirit

Third time's the charm I suppose.

Were the weapons advertised as crown store exclusive, or purchased in the crown store?
  • Verbal_Earthworm
    Verbal_Earthworm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't bother me, the fact that I never bought those weapon style packs helps lots.

I did buy some other weapon style packs and they aren't on your list (yet).

Edited by Verbal_Earthworm on April 23, 2019 4:02PM
  • KhajiitFelix
    KhajiitFelix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You people are insane.

Imagine you paid 6000$ for a very big in-game manor and then people who logged-in 3 days got it for free.
    Would you be happy?
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You mean like the undaunted event were "crown store exclusive" house and mount are avaiable for free?

It seem generous to me

Also the never said it wont be avaiable in game ever so its ok
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    O
    bearbelly wrote: »
    What gaming company EVER gives people a heads-up that a RLM item will be available at a later date for in-game currency?
    None of them do that.

I absolutely agree that it's teeth-grindingly frustrating that they are so hush-hush about their marketing plans (the stuff like this, the timing of limited-time offerings, etc.), but that doesn't change the fact that every gaming company operates like this.

And no matter how much you rage and bang your head against the wall, ZOS, or any other gaming company, isn't going to open up to their players like that.
    Things like this are always going to be a secret; until they aren't.

And this sort of thing happens all of the time, where something that was once only available via cash later becomes available via a non-cash way.

Early-adopters, as well as people who place high value on "exclusive" "one-time-only" digital items, need to accept that things change over time; everything in an online game is ephemeral.

Give me the beta monkey then.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You people are insane.

Imagine you paid 6000$ for a very big in-game manor and then people who logged-in 3 days got it for free.
    Would you be happy?

Well to be fair, I'd not call the ones that bought a 6,000$ mansion sane either, but that's because I don't want to spend 6k for pixels personally.
    Edited by DocFrost72 on April 23, 2019 4:09PM
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You people are insane.

Would you be happy?

I’ve told you a million billion times not to exaggerate!
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Garack
    Garack
    ✭✭✭
    What you expect? Zos kills whole classes to sell the necro better so of course they scam.
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what you're saying is: It's WRONG for ZOS to make Crown Store exclusives temporarily available for those who can't afford Crown, even though it's (very likely) only gonna be a one-time thing and the Motifs themselves are only available once per year? On top of this kind of thing being standard practice in Most MMOs?

I am saying it is wrong, because those that did buy these with crowns didnt know they would be avaible with tickets, I am not against them being avaible with tickets. I want my moeny back and to then buy the 2 staves from the pack I bought the whole pack for in the first place.

And all of us who gifted and got the gifting pets didn’t know we could just buy them later, and those who bought the first dwemer spider mount limited time offer didn’t know it would be back but even fancier a few weeks later, same with the dead horses, same with so many other things. Just enjoy your stuff and stop worrying about it.

Does it make your stuff worth less that someone can earn or buy tickets and get it?

Do you like it any less?
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't know that corn was going on sale this week at Savemart either. I bought corn just last week at full price and technically I COULD grow my own corn - That means...

The real world is a scam too!

Just because they didn't tell you that these things might go on sale in a different way down the road doesn't make it a scam. Hell, they may not have even considered doing it until later on down the line.

You got what you wanted when and at a price that you found acceptable at the time. Just because the terms change down the road is not grounds for anger nor a refund. You were happy when you bought them - just stay happy that you have them.

Edited by Bouldercleave on April 23, 2019 4:25PM
  • GaianSpirit
    GaianSpirit
    ✭✭✭
    I have been refunded the crowns for the two packs I bought, so a total of 5000 crowns. I didn't get my real money back, but I am happy that the customer service did refund me something. And ofc the packs have been removed from my account and I can now get only the staff that I really wanted from each pack
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been refunded the crowns for the two packs I bought, so a total of 5000 crowns. I didn't get my real money back, but I am happy that the customer service did refund me something. And ofc the packs have been removed from my account and I can now get only the staff that I really wanted from each pack

I think this counts as customer service going above and beyond, as they had no obligation to do so.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Dangerous presedent, slippery slope!

Moan2win lol...

Congrats on the result you wanted.

Now let's all do this and see where zos draws the line.
    Edited by mairwen85 on April 23, 2019 4:42PM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MikaHR wrote: »
    So wait, should all those that paid for Morrowind and Summerset chapters ask for refunds because those are included for free with Elsweyr chapter purchase?

ecwXErT.gif
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MikaHR wrote: »
    So wait, should all those that paid for Morrowind and Summerset chapters ask for refunds because those are included for free with Elsweyr chapter purchase?

ecwXErT.gif

Indeed.
    Edited by mairwen85 on April 23, 2019 4:47PM
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what you're saying is: It's WRONG for ZOS to make Crown Store exclusives temporarily available for those who can't afford Crown, even though it's (very likely) only gonna be a one-time thing and the Motifs themselves are only available once per year? On top of this kind of thing being standard practice in Most MMOs?

He is angry because he is not informed. Not that crap.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Though, honestly, pretty stoked about this. Especially with it popping up during an event where it isn't absolutely vital to get the berry (since it'll be back during the next event after that.)
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You people are insane.

Would you be happy?

If it was fake gold yes but real $ no
  • Vexarius
    Vexarius
    ✭✭✭
    I’m happy that I’ll be able to have another chance at getting the weapon styles and am happy these are being offered for event tickets. Thank you !
  • HelixUnited
    HelixUnited
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder how many people will be crying if a rare crown store mount became collectable in game for in game "money"!

But i agree with you op i bought the ice heart pack for the staff only and if that became a in game collectable id be a little annoyed about it.. BUT it happens and theres not much that can be done other than ask for a refund i just buy things with the thoughts in mind that it will one day be added for in game currency
  • Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of Crown items are available later by other means, such as in Crown crates or as rewards for level up or events. It should not come as a surprise to anyone who has been around a little while to see this. Early adopters get temporary exclusivity and don’t have to worry about RNG. Non-Crown-spending plebs get a shot at the same items later down the road, either as rewards, prizes of chance, or at a reduced price. If seeing others get it too suddenly makes you unhappy with your purchase, maybe it wasn’t a wise purchase in the first place.
  • tactx
    tactx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clearly most people saying this is ok or great or defending zos didnt buy the pack with crowns and are just happy they can get it with tickets... usually these are the same people that brag about playing free without spending any money at all. Same people that don't understand how a company needs $ to survive.

W/e. Seems unfair though. Zos just being short sighted here. Shocking.
    “No one's happiness but my own is in my power to achieve or to destroy.” - John Galt, Atlas Shrugged
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    tactx wrote: »
    Clearly most people saying this is ok or great or defending zos didnt buy the pack with crowns and are just happy they can get it with tickets... usually these are the same people that brag about playing free without spending any money at all. Same people that don't understand how a company needs $ to survive.

W/e. Seems unfair though. Zos just being short sighted here. Shocking.

>Insults people with different view and assumes their motivations.
    >Unironically uses the "ZOS isn't a charity defense"

Between the OP avoiding my sincere questions, the unchanged title asserting a falsehood (you got your money back, least you could do is edit it to say fixed), and comments like these, I'm starting to wonder if I stumbled into a ***post.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder how many people will be crying if a rare crown store mount became collectable in game for in game "money"!

But i agree with you op i bought the ice heart pack for the staff only and if that became a in game collectable id be a little annoyed about it.. BUT it happens and theres not much that can be done other than ask for a refund i just buy things with the thoughts in mind that it will one day be added for in game currency

You can already try for them with in game $, gifting crates
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like other said, it isn't a scam. They advertised a price in the crown store, you paid it and got what was advertised. Making it available by other means isn't a scam.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... You can buy a new iPhone for a 1000$ now. In 3 years that model will be selling for 400-500$ and in 5 more someone will definitely be giving them out for free just to clear storage space. Can I go to Apple and start screaming for a refund?
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You people are insane.

Would you be happy?
    Well we got an palace for free in ESO :)
    We get another as an quest reward in Elsweyr.
    Morrowind is included in ESO+ one year after release.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
This discussion has been closed.