The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

We've been scamed, I want my money back - Monster Mask set Weapon Packs with tickets

GaianSpirit
GaianSpirit
✭✭✭
In patch note 5.0.1 it says there will be a Dungeon Event where we will be able to get the shoulders and masks from thier respective chests and dungeon bosses. But it also says the following:

"Shadowrend, Ilambris, Molag Kena, and Grothdarr style pages for mask, shoulders, and weapons will also be available from the Impresario during the event, for Event Tickets. Earn your tickets during the event and you can complete your look with the Impresario’s offerings."

The weapons from the Weapon Packs we bought in the Crown Store with REAL MONEY is possible to buy with tickets, a in game currency. This is not right, there was no information that the Weapons Packs would be avaible with a in game currency, something which if I'd known I would never have bought the Weapon Packs with REAL MONEY. Its even worse, because, and I think it was the case for many that did buy the Weapon Packs, I just wanted 1 of the weapons in the pack.

I created a ticket about this, but I am also making a forum post about it so that ZOS notices and sees that this is not the sway to creat a loyal costumer and devoted player, things that are Crown Store exclusive should remain that way.
ZOS I want my money back, and for you to respect me as a costumer in the future.

If you agree that this is a scam, simply write "I want my money back ZOS"
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZoS has altered the deal, pray they don't alter it further.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on April 23, 2019 9:15AM
  • rynth
    rynth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a scam, but I'm sure that if you submit a ticket and are respectful and courteous they very likely will give you a refund. Calling them out on forums is not a step in that direction.
    When asked what he would do for a Klondike bar. Grand Moff Tarkin said "why I would blow up Alderaan."
  • MikaHR
    MikaHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was there ever announement/claim that those would be cash shop exclusives?

What if ZOS decides to grant one of those as daily login reward?
  • thedovahmon
    thedovahmon
    ✭✭✭✭
    So what you're saying is: It's WRONG for ZOS to make Crown Store exclusives temporarily available for those who can't afford Crown, even though it's (very likely) only gonna be a one-time thing and the Motifs themselves are only available once per year? On top of this kind of thing being standard practice in Most MMOs?
    Edited by thedovahmon on April 23, 2019 9:24AM
    "Voted most likely to reply with a reaction image. According to the Mournhold High School Yearbook."
  • GaianSpirit
    GaianSpirit
    ✭✭✭
    rynth wrote: »
    It's not a scam, but I'm sure that if you submit a ticket and are respectful and courteous they very likely will give you a refund. Calling them out on forums is not a step in that direction.

I feel it is a scam because there was no information about them becoming avaible with in game currency at a later date, if there was a disclaimer about it I would never have bought them at all
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hang on...

You can buy crown store items with crowns, but also event tickets.
    You can earn event tickets in game, or buy with crowns.

What?! Unacceptable. /s

• Eyllora
    Eyllora
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't bought any of these weapons packs but when I read the patch notes yesterday, I REALLY felt sorry for those who did. That's really not fair unless those who bought them get a refund. And if not, I hope all will hear about it and will just stop buying weapon packs from crownstore, as we can get for free in game.
    Edited by Eyllora on April 23, 2019 9:27AM
  • r34lian
    r34lian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol you got zosed so much for micro transaction :trollface:
    2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton
  • GaianSpirit
    GaianSpirit
    ✭✭✭
    So what you're saying is: It's WRONG for ZOS to make Crown Store exclusives temporarily available for those who can't afford Crown, even though it's (very likely) only gonna be a one-time thing and the Motifs themselves are only available once per year? On top of this kind of thing being standard practice in Most MMOs?

I am saying it is wrong, because those that did buy these with crowns didnt know they would be avaible with tickets, I am not against them being avaible with tickets. I want my moeny back and to then buy the 2 staves from the pack I bought the whole pack for in the first place.
  • GaianSpirit
    GaianSpirit
    ✭✭✭
    Lol you got zosed so much for micro transaction :trollface:

Yes I got ZOSed hard...
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eyllora wrote: »
    I haven't bought any of these weapons packs but when I read the patch notes yesterday, I REALLY felt sorry for those who did. That's really not fair unless those who bought them get a refund. And if not, I hope all will hear about it and will just stop buying weapon packs from crownstore, as we can get for free in game.

If you choose to purchase the weapon packs in store, you can spend your event tickets on something else. if you choose to spend event tickets on them, well, you'll need to collect tickets per day, or purchase more event tickets from the store, if you want anything else offered by the impresario.

See how that works?
    Edited by mairwen85 on April 23, 2019 9:32AM
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes, it is.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • GaianSpirit
    GaianSpirit
    ✭✭✭
    mairwen85 wrote: »
    Eyllora wrote: »

If you choose to purchase the weapon packs in store, you can spend your event tickets on something else. if you choose to spend event tickets on them, well, you'll need to collect tickets per day, or purchase more event tickets from the store, if you want anything else offered by the impresario.

See how that works?

Yes but you dont seem to understand the problem. The problem is that ZOS didnt let us as customers know that these packs, that we bought with real money would be possible to buy in game with tickets. Many ppl would have not bought them and waited to buy them in game with tickets. That is the problem here, the lack of information, that has caused ppl to spend real money on something they didnt need to. That is how it is a scam, the withholding of information by ZOS from their customers.
  • MikaHR
    MikaHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So wait, should all those that paid for Morrowind and Summerset chapters ask for refunds because those are included for free with Elsweyr chapter purchase?
  • Eyllora
    Eyllora
    ✭✭✭
    @mairwen85 The discussion is not about how we spend and manage the event tickets. We're talking about real money used in crownstore. Players bought items for money and very shortly after the said items become free, as available with ingame currency.
    So yes, I really understand that customers feel scammed there.

Edited by Eyllora on April 23, 2019 9:42AM
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    you dont seem to understand the problem. The problem is that ZOS didnt let us as customers know that these packs, that we bought with real money would be possible to buy in game with tickets. Many ppl would have not bought them and waited to buy them in game with tickets.

So... if you wanted another Indrik mount, or to complete Abnur Tharn style without PVP, or fill in any previous companion style, the new berries -- the pets, and whatever else. You would forego all of that, and saved up explicitly to only use your event tickets for the weapon styles had you known? Uhm... I'm going to call BS.
    That is the problem here, the lack of information, that has caused ppl to spend real money on something they didnt need to. That is how it is a scam, the withholding of information by ZOS from their customers.

Didn't need to. Indeed, you didn't need to. You chose to.
  • highkingnm
    highkingnm
    ✭✭✭✭
    I said this in another thread, but if Sellestrix had been made available (sure it will be in the November event) I’d be pissed having bought it. I only really wanted the staff and shield, which would be 10 event tickets. Instead I paid £10 thinking it was Crown Store exclusive. This is pretty crappy. I wouldn’t even mind it being a really rare drop, but purchasable for event tickets - that’s another level of underhandedness.
  • thedovahmon
    thedovahmon
    ✭✭✭✭

I am saying it is wrong, because those that did buy these with crowns didnt know they would be avaible with tickets, I am not against them being avaible with tickets. I want my moeny back and to then buy the 2 staves from the pack I bought the whole pack for in the first place.
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »

Yes, it is.

ctWyXHh.jpg

Sure, *** it, why not. Once, just once, ZOS releases a crown exclusive as an in-game reward for a single week for a single event, AND EVEN THOUGH THIS IS PROBABLY GONNA BE THE ONLY TIME THEY'RE GONNA DO IT. That means they are literally scammers and/or Satan himself. Sure. Okay.

Yea, no. I've seen other MMOS be much more generous with Cash Shop exclusive items being made available through events. Compared to this, they're practically Santa! Some of those were even Korean! So yea, how about not getting your panties in a twist over something like this? Ya self-entitled S'wits.
    "Voted most likely to reply with a reaction image. According to the Mournhold High School Yearbook."
  • highkingnm
    highkingnm
    ✭✭✭✭
    MikaHR wrote: »
    So wait, should all those that paid for Morrowind and Summerset chapters ask for refunds because those are included for free with Elsweyr chapter purchase?

Given that’s pretty much just expansions getting cheaper (which we expect) this is a terrible analogy.

A) You are still paying real world money for it

B )There was never implied exclusivity

C) We expect expansions to get cheaper.
    Edited by highkingnm on April 23, 2019 9:48AM
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aren’t patch notes 5.0.1 just for the PTS?

And PTS stuff isn’t transferable into the real game. So it’s a theoretical issue atm.

Mind you there is a long tradition of stuff being sold exclusively via the crown store only to emerge much later in the game itself.

• Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t see a problem with this.

*shrugs*

Early adopter rage is something I’m never going to understand.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • MikaHR
    MikaHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, you are paying for Elsweyr chapter, base game+Morrowind+Summerset are free.

Base game costed same at launch with NO Morrowind+Summerset+Elsweyr.
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What gaming company EVER gives people a heads-up that a RLM item will be available at a later date for in-game currency?
    None of them do that.

I absolutely agree that it's teeth-grindingly frustrating that they are so hush-hush about their marketing plans (the stuff like this, the timing of limited-time offerings, etc.), but that doesn't change the fact that every gaming company operates like this.

And no matter how much you rage and bang your head against the wall, ZOS, or any other gaming company, isn't going to open up to their players like that.
    Things like this are always going to be a secret; until they aren't.

And this sort of thing happens all of the time, where something that was once only available via cash later becomes available via a non-cash way.

Early-adopters, as well as people who place high value on "exclusive" "one-time-only" digital items, need to accept that things change over time; everything in an online game is ephemeral.
    Edited by bearbelly on April 23, 2019 11:00AM
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazing, people crying about spending money on a fake reality when said fake reality changes the rules.

Its "NOT REAL" , if your spending extra money to get fake items and then get disappointed later on, umm , well theres a word for that.

Go plant a tree , or a bunch of trees in RL. Your soul will thank you for it.

• Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought all the weapon packs. All of them. I don't have a single monster set mask or epaulet. I'm just not invested enough in the game to farm items, I didn't even farm for the outfit styles during the anniversary event. I just log in to do trials during the weekend and for the event tickets and daily rewards (I missed a loooot of days this month). And, well, it's nice that these weapon styles and monster sets are becoming available in-game without RNG. Because yes, now we can buy the masks and epaulets with crowns too.

Just to say, I would have bought these weapon styles anyway for convenience, even knowing it would become available later.
    Edited by Elwendryll on April 23, 2019 10:55AM
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • rynth
    rynth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve purchased some of the weapon monster skins and I don’t feel scam’d. I freely purchased them because I wanted to and I got what I paid for so I am happy. If there will soon be a chance get them through tickets and other activities awesome more for me to collect. Regardless if they were to be offered in some way different later on does not negate the fact at that time I chose purchase whichever monster skin available through crown store that was my choice and yours too OP buyer beware
    When asked what he would do for a Klondike bar. Grand Moff Tarkin said "why I would blow up Alderaan."
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that argument is silly - you can argue the same when games go free to play or on a discount. You can exchange gold with crowns and therefore already have a dual mode to pay for things. Anything that gets more people into dungeons is good for the game.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The crown store is more or less a scam. I mean its all cosmetic and fake for the most part. So either just spend the money and be happy that you have it first or dont.
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elwendryll wrote: »
    I bought all the weapon packs. All of them. I don't have a single monster set mask or epaulet. I'm just not invested enough in the game to farm items, I didn't even farm for the outfit styles during the anniversary event. I just log in to do trials during the weekend and for the the event tickets and daily rewards (I missed a loooot of days this month). And, well, it's nice that these weapon styles and monster sets are becoming available in-game without RNG. Because yes, now we can buy the masks and epaulets with crowns too.

Just to say, I would have bought these weapon styles anyway for convenience, even knowing it would become available later.

Same goes for many of the motifs on sale in the crown store. They can (save for holiday motifs) be 'got' in game, either through grind or exchange for in game currency. They're on sale as convenience.

The monster set styles are slightly different because the helm & shoulder drops were time sensitive and most required heavy grind to get -- or high expense in guild store, without crown store availability -- instead just the weapons were offered in store. Now the whole package is 'gettable' in game through currency (tickets) and grind temporarily

Generally people complain about the price of exclusivity -- now about the lack of it...
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MikaHR wrote: »
    Was there ever announement/claim that those would be cash shop exclusives?

What if ZOS decides to grant one of those as daily login reward?
    Has been multiple events there they drop crown store items as rewards. Standard for undaunted events I think.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
This discussion has been closed.