The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

The good, the bad, and the ugly: Tharn event PVP

• JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It’s simple really: if a PvEer isn’t attacking you at all and just doing a quest: don’t be an ***

If they do attack: self defense I guess?

That’s a negative, boss. Ya show up with the wrong color tag, you better attack or stand real still and die.

Don’t cut anybody any breaks. There’s no such thing as a PvEr in a PvP enabled zone.
    Options
  • CipherNine
    CipherNine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kalante wrote: »
    I was wondering why you gotta point out that they were tbagging it's in every game since for ever. Then as I kept going i knew why. Imagine being that triggered by tbagging that you gotta go to the forums to complain about it and then shame their mothers.
    Um the OP was not shaming their mothers...seriously get some reading comprehension. He was saying he feels sorry for their mothers for having children like them.

I'm not saying all PVPer's are like this. But many are *** and do nothing but push people away from PVP. then wonder why pvp sucks so much and queue times can be so long. Well reap what you sow.

Almost every single time I see someone explaining why they hate PVP and don't want to do it. It's because of how PVPer's act. Maybe more people would care about PVP in ESO otherwise.
    Edited by CipherNine on April 19, 2019 9:47PM
    PC-NA
    Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Argonian Necromancer - Healer
    Breton Warden - Healer
    Nord Necromancer - Tank
    Argonian Templar - Tank
    Nord Warden - Tank
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ertosi wrote: »
    Things were pretty peaceful on Boethiah for a while, but EP groups have started camping every quest town with interior questers. They're setting up siege and farming the questers as they come in.

I get that it's a PvP zone, and short term shenagagins can be entertaining, but to do this in such an organized manner and for such a long duration crosses the line into exploiting the event to farm AP. Due to the lag when entering such a building, it completely forgoes any possibility of this being actual PvP as players entering are dead before they can even move.
    Jump campaign asap. Go to an campaign your alliance do the same, you might help you faction hold the campaign.
    Play at slow hours, spent an hour early this morning did not see any enemies.
    Died once as I pulled to much stuff in an delve and did not have vigor and was out of stamina because of sprinting :)

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s simple really: if a PvEer isn’t attacking you at all and just doing a quest: don’t be an ***

If they do attack: self defense I guess?

That’s a negative, boss. Ya show up with the wrong color tag, you better attack or stand real still and die.

Don’t cut anybody any breaks. There’s no such thing as a PvEr in a PvP enabled zone.

Yes but why leave your usual pvp campaign to do this? I agree with your mindset in normal pvp, but going to the event campaigns to do this?
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
    Options
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    I'm shocked that players would kill other players in a player versus player zone. I hope you reported them!

Oh shut the *** up. You know as well as I do people aren’t PvPing, in this case, for the sake of PvP. They’re building the trolliest groups they can for the purpose of being ***. And I’ve been PvPing almost exclusively for three years. It doesn’t bother me. I can kill most people who try to kill me, often a few at a time, don’t give a *** about reward boxes really. I don’t even have time to participate much this week, but I’ve seen it in years passed . People go out of their way to be a pain in the ass during an event precisely because they know they can, that’s not PvP that’s just people who suck in general. I’d bet 90% of them aren’t even good and are taking this opportunity to feel like big shots. Although I will say I’ve enjoyed responding to a couple of calls for help. Last PvP event I went up and obliterated this magblade camping Bruma and bagged him lol. Man did they get salty lmao. That’s the kind of person who does this, one who can dish it out but can’t take ***.

Has nothing to do with people sucking at the game or being pricks.
    It’s good ap plain and simple. That’s why TM was doing it up at bruma the other night, saw panda force in cropsford, among various other guilds.

Especially when it’s pop lock 1 1 you get low pop bonus for some nice ap gains.
    If those same guilds that preached getting good could also not zerg surf their faction that would be much appreciated.
    In fact I hope all serious small to medium sized guilds go shor next patch and duke it out between one another. Farming pugs in vivec is just rude and they do it to feel superior because they can’t fight other organized groups!

Pretty dumb argument right.
    Ap is ap and some events send hordes of free ap into a wolves den.

There are plenty of towns and campaigns to hop between to complete quests.
    Maybe hire or ask a pvp guild to protect you. Or like you said yourself go and clear the clusters of enemy factions off of your pug towns so they can quest.
    Edited by Irylia on April 19, 2019 9:53PM
    Options
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CipherNine wrote: »
    I'm not saying all PVPer's are like this. But many are *** and do nothing but push people away from PVP. then wonder why pvp sucks so much and queue times can be so long. Well reap what you sow.

Almost every single time I see someone explaining why they hate PVP and don't want to do it. It's because of how PVPer's act. Maybe more people would care about PVP in ESO otherwise.

Nobody OWES you anything. If you come into a PvP enabled zone, YOU are pvping whether you want to or not. When you aggro NPC’s you fight them.

People complain about doing quests or doing events in PvP enabled zones only because they are geared wrong, can’t fight, and or die a lot.

Sure, it takes time effort to get good enough to not care about other people trying to kill you to complete those crappy quests for those even crappier rewards; but trust me it’s worth it.

The last thing I’d think about if I entered Bruma for example was some fool trying to GANK me. Sure, I MIGHT die; but that NB definitely gonna have a fight on his hands. Crushy really only dies to Zergs lol. And usually takes a few with her lol.
    Options
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    Keep in mind that you’re entering a highly competitive, aggressive environment to do your “PVE chores”. How would you feel, conversely, if someone just ‘popped’ into a Vet Trial to see the sights and sounds and collect some event boxes?

Context is everything. Different playground, different set of rules. Adapt and suck it up or don’t do it?
    It's your turn next week. Don't talk too soon
    An valid point, one issue with PvP is the brutal learning curve.
    In PvE you can dial your difficulty and work your way up.

And next week will be way harder to farm, its only three pledges and one trial weekly quest.
    And they are time consuming even for good players in pre made groups.

All trials will grant boxes once a day for doing their respective quests. If you only have base game, that’s 4 trial quests and 2 pledges per toon per day

If you have DLCs, you can have 7 trial quests and 3 pledges per toon per day. Limited yes, but doing those things on normal isn’t difficult if you have a competent group

All of it can definitely be done without changing gear traits or cp or even really changing up skills. Requirements for dps in normal anything is very low so there’s no comparison to be made between doing this event (which does require complete build overhauls to deal with greifers) and the next (which no one can inhibit your success because normal dungeons are just that easy)
    Options
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Accept that these players with low values are going to exist.

2) Stop going to open world PVP if you expect honorable fights, no matter the rewards.

3) Don't try to change these individual's mind, they are ruined for life, and they enjoy these kind of threads.

4) In any case, blame ZoS for trying to lure PVE players into this and also take responsability for being too naive.

5) Remember for next event.

6) Go to Balmora, and see this absurdly cute Guar sleeping to cleanse all the forum and PVP toxicity:

tumblr_or5ds7CYdx1w8sh9no1_400.gif
    :)
    Edited by Loves_guars on April 19, 2019 10:00PM
    Options
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Loves_guars Aww, lookit that widdle leg kicking <3 I don't remember him in Balmora. Where is he?
    Options
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jainiadral wrote: »
    @Loves_guars Aww, lookit that widdle leg kicking <3 I don't remember him in Balmora. Where is he?

By the river near a boat, east side :3
    Options
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jainiadral wrote: »

By the river near a boat, east side :3

Thanks so much! Going to give him a belly scratch tonight <3
    Options
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh people, just because people are farming AP on pve players in PVP zone does not mean they are losers at life, terrible people, pathetic etc etc.

I'm seriously cringing at these personal attacks and character judgements on players when all they are doing is getting easy kills in a video game that they play in their free time....
    Options
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    (duplicate)

Edited by SidraWillowsky on April 19, 2019 11:12PM
    Options
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Irylia wrote: »
    It’s good ap plain and simple. That’s why TM was doing it up at bruma the other night, saw panda force in cropsford, among various other guilds.

*snort*

Good AP would be PVDooring all of the keeps that are being left alone. That's a total cop-out excuse.

Options
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today I had great fun doing the quests for boxes. I'm a well-versed pvper, so I knew what to expect. I picked the Malacath server to guest, and went and spent several hours doing quest after quest, getting some awesome goodies. I saw people of all alliances gathering at the quest hubs, weapons not drawn, in a moment of mutual peace. It was...beautiful. I even had an AD whisper me asking if the mobs we were killing were counting for me as well, as long as I got a hit in. It was so nice of them to ask! It was tricky killing the Black Daggers for the Chorrol quest, but we managed to both get credit for the kills. Now for the ugly...and by ugly, I mean not the pvp aspect of it, but the attitude of the players. When I was questing in Cheydenhal, I had blown through nearly all my quests. I was turning in quests when a roaming gang of AD werewolves and tanks rolled in, attacking everyone standing around. They then tbagged each body, including mine. I shrugged it off, rode back from Farragut, then tried to sneak back over. I saw more littered bodies of people...the same people killing everyone who approaced. And tbagging them. I waited a while before riding back to once again try to turn in my quests, tentatively sneaking, and saw they had gone, thankfully. It wasn't the killing that bothered me, it was the tbagging of every corpse like they did something fantastic to be proud of. Man, people can be so lame...I always adopt the mindset of not attacking unless attacked. And I guess that concept eludes others. They weren't questing, they weren't ganking, they were outright just killing everyone, some mounted, some standing around with no weapon drawn. I just shook my head in shame for their mothers.

Just reported 2 AD on NA Xbox Shor who called Bruma Jarl Hall and having a blue tank stand their and point out where Covenant Nightblades were inside the building when trying to fight back in the building against them. People like that are seriously pathetic and ruin the game for everybody. Cheating with cross alliance dirt bag friends. So glad alliance lock is coming in.
    Options
  • StShoot
    StShoot
    ✭✭✭✭
    Catulo wrote: »
    So pvp players killing other players in a game is an act of cruelty? That we pve players should have some sort of right not to be killed when we enter the zone designed for pvp??

Is this really so hard to understand?
    PvPler =/= Ganker

People here complaining about ganker who try to ruin the event for as many players as possible, not general PvPler.

well on the other side quester ruin the pvp experience xD ( bad performance/full home campains)

Also did you ever met a group of those "peacefull" questers (Maybe when you tried to do a quest ?) they are more agressiv than the greatest tryhard ganker
    Options
  • Catulo
    Catulo
    ✭✭✭✭
    StShoot wrote: »
    Also did you ever met a group of those "peacefull" questers (Maybe when you tried to do a quest ?) they are more agressiv than the greatest tryhard ganker

I certainly can't speak for everybody; all I can say is that I'm not aggressive, don't attack anybody and just want to do the dailies fast so I can go back to work.

Furthermore, I highly doubt that many questers attack PvPler. Some of them might do it in panic and even those shouldn't be a big deal for the PvPler.
    PC/EU
    Options
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

*snort*

Good AP would be PVDooring all of the keeps that are being left alone. That's a total cop-out excuse.

It is good AP, made over a mil AP yesterday :P
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
    Options
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭

*snort*

Jeez Bee! How many doors did you break?!!! :lol:
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
    Options
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

*snort*

0 >:D
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
    Options
  • Austinseph1
    Austinseph1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The pve community is great, pvp... not so much. If pvp dies off because they pushed all of the players trying it out they have nobody to blame but themselves lol. Do whatever you want but gankbanging and then teabaging is just a sad way to interract with people who actually like ESO.
    Options
  • Catulo
    Catulo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyway, congratulations ZeniMax for dividing your playerbase and stiring up hatred among the different groups of player types in the course of the event. Well done. I hope who ever cam up with this clever idea is happy.

No more money from me at the moment.
    PC/EU
    Options
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just buy them if your not prepared to be molested.
    Options
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭

*snort*

0 >:D

Oh you meant you were hunting for wabbits and made a mil ap. Gotcha.
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
    Options
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can everyone just take the edge down just a tad before this board gets locked. Please.

Here, have a kitten.

maxresdefault.jpg
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
    Options
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I see the usual things- either enemies sharing the space or enemies killing each other.

Of the capture-able towns, Bruma is the easiest to share because at Bruma the guards are far away enough from the quest hubs so that you do not have to own the flags to pick up and turn in quests.

Tip: Put away your pets. Your pet will agro an enemy player that might not notice it was your pet and not you.

Edited by Dojohoda on April 20, 2019 6:01AM
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
    Options
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The good: New people try PvP and hopefully stick
    The bad: Queues for people who only play PvP
    The ugly: Complaining of PvE they get ganked in a PvP zone- go figure (whilst a big part of the gankers are PvE people new to PvP)
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ErMurazor wrote: »
    Im sure they didnt tbagg out of pride, they where most certainly just trolling and trying to *** ppl of

This is likely true. I just feel bad for the pure PVEers who go out to do quests and get that treatment. It only furthers the idea that PVP is toxic and is offputting to people who were new to the environment. I see so many people say they will never pvp because of how toxic and stupid people can be, and the community didn't help that image one bit by acting that way. There were all alliances there, even other yellows backed away and watched as those people just mowed everyone down. I just feel bad that people have to act like that.

I don't like all this name calling between player bases areas of the game, but reading all these threads only one camp appear toxic and entitled - spoilt by over saturation of events.....and that's PvEers.

PvPers are PvPing in a PvP zone, that's all. If you insist in rocking up in PvE gear then you need to be organised to do what you want. Same turning up for vet vMoL in impen gear - wait to hear the toxicity then from pve elite....

Or PvP players who couldn't play week 1 as they don't craft.....

Strewth
    Edited by Beardimus on April 20, 2019 6:18AM
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "WEEK 3
    April 18 at 10:00AM EDT– April 25 at 10:00AM EDT

Fight your fellow players! Complete Alliance War and Battlegrounds daily quests to earn Gift Boxes that have a chance to also include Abnur Tharn Outfit Style pages. This includes Cyrodiil Town dailies, all Board missions, the Cyrodiil dailies, the Battlegrounds dailies, and Imperial City dailies."

First sentence.

"FIGHT YOUR FELLOW PLAYERS!"
    Options
  • Daedric_NB_187
    Daedric_NB_187
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »
    "WEEK 3
    April 18 at 10:00AM EDT– April 25 at 10:00AM EDT

Fight your fellow players! Complete Alliance War and Battlegrounds daily quests to earn Gift Boxes that have a chance to also include Abnur Tharn Outfit Style pages. This includes Cyrodiil Town dailies, all Board missions, the Cyrodiil dailies, the Battlegrounds dailies, and Imperial City dailies."

First sentence.

"FIGHT YOUR FELLOW PLAYERS!"

Exactly. And if they choose not to fight back or come ill equipped or with back up, it's on them.
    Options