The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Please nerf cloak so that everyone has fewer feel bad moments

• Sypherioth
    Sypherioth
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Sypherioth wrote: »
    Are people realy complaining about cloak still?? Wtf...

Please nerf warden bomb combo because it kills me.
    Please nerf snipe cause it kills me.
    Please nerf total dark cause it kills me.
    Please nerf bleed cause it kills me.
    Please nerf spin2win cause it kills me.
    Please nerf soul assault cause it kills me.
    Please nerf ballista cause it kills me.
    Please nerf destro staff aoe cause it kills me.
    Please nerf wolf cause it kills me.

Anyone wanna add some?

Of course. It is easier than learning how to play against it. That is what most nerf threads are about.

Indeed. Since i came back few month ago after being away for like 2 years lot had changed. I needed adapt myself again. Many of the things I posted above whacked me and still do but it's getting better every day. It's getting easier to spot and avoid the enemy skills. It's not like 1 defensive ability gonna keep you alive anyway.

Certain skills need to you to either get distance. roll dodge. interupt. block or cloak. Pick the wrong one and you end up dead most likely XD. Knowing what the counters are against certain builds is most important of all.
  • Sypherioth
    Sypherioth
    ✭✭✭
    ecru wrote: »
    I can easily one shot maybe 50% of players I encounter in BGs on my magblade due to cloak and other factors with gear bought from any guild store for a pretty small amount of gold with basically pve skills and cloak. I prime one ability, light attack, then use another, and they're greeted with a death recap. Would this still be possible without cloak? Probably. Would it happen nearly as often? Definitely not. I honestly feel kind of bad when it happens, and although impen will help you survive, if you're wearing light or medium armor with no impen and don't have health glyphs on, there's a very good chance I will global you from cloak. I'll still probably global you if everything crits even if you have impen and aren't wearing heavy or don't have an armor buff up.

No one likes dying like this. Is it fun for me? Yeah, for a bit. When I'm having a bad day in BGs or Cyrodiil on my other character I'll hop on my magblade and instagib a few people in a BG for funzies. Is it fun for other players? Well, no one has "fun" dying, but when you have no chance and really have no idea what happened, it isn't just not fun, it's likely to make you avoid pvp altogether.

I personally think this kind of gameplay creates a toxic pvp environment and it really just shouldn't be something that's possible at all in normal pvp situation where people are matched up somewhat equally. Not only can you not see me coming, you have no real defense because you die instantly, only seeing your opponent after you're dead. If I don't get good crits or you're tougher than I assumed, I don't suffer any penalties because I can just cloak away again. It's dumb and this kind of gameplay should go away forever.
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    Give DK wings the same treatment as streak. They can reset a fight against ranged classes who don't want to slot force pulse comepletely by flapping and healing and still have all reources at full.

@Knootewoot Dk wings another of those silly complaints… You have 2 weapon bars. No one said all your abilities should be ranged. it was your choice to do that. So deal with dk wings or avoid them.

@ecru never seen the dizzying swing leap combo? Or the dizzying swing 2hand ulti combo? Or the warden bomb combo? Those can do just the same insta kill. Or maybe soul assault or ballista. All these builds with crazy high dmg can 1shot people pretty easy. You think it makes any difference??

Like whenever you do that combo and you fail.. A good player knows what you gonna do next and is gonna counter that pretty hard.
    Edited by Sypherioth on March 22, 2019 4:28PM
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can easily one shot maybe 50% of players I encounter in BGs on my magblade due to cloak and other factors with gear bought from any guild store for a pretty small amount of gold with basically pve skills and cloak. I prime one ability, light attack, then use another, and they're greeted with a death recap. Would this still be possible without cloak? Probably. Would it happen nearly as often? Definitely not. I honestly feel kind of bad when it happens, and although impen will help you survive, if you're wearing light or medium armor with no impen and don't have health glyphs on, there's a very good chance I will global you from cloak. I'll still probably global you if everything crits even if you have impen and aren't wearing heavy or don't have an armor buff up.

No one likes dying like this. Is it fun for me? Yeah, for a bit. When I'm having a bad day in BGs or Cyrodiil on my other character I'll hop on my magblade and instagib a few people in a BG for funzies. Is it fun for other players? Well, no one has "fun" dying, but when you have no chance and really have no idea what happened, it isn't just not fun, it's likely to make you avoid pvp altogether.

I personally think this kind of gameplay creates a toxic pvp environment and it really just shouldn't be something that's possible at all in normal pvp situation where people are matched up somewhat equally. Not only can you not see me coming, you have no real defense because you die instantly, only seeing your opponent after you're dead. If I don't get good crits or you're tougher than I assumed, I don't suffer any penalties because I can just cloak away again. It's dumb and this kind of gameplay should go away forever.
    Give DK wings the same treatment as streak. They can reset a fight against ranged classes who don't want to slot force pulse comepletely by flapping and healing and still have all reources at full.

@Knootewoot Dk wings another of those silly complaints… You have 2 weapon bars. No one said all your abilities should be ranged. it was your choice to do that. So deal with dk wings or avoid them.

@ecru never seen the dizzying swing leap combo? Or the dizzying swing 2hand ulti combo? Or the warden bomb combo? Those can do just the same insta kill. Or maybe soul assault or ballista. All these builds with crazy high dmg can 1shot people pretty easy. You think it makes any difference??
    You have no clue what you are talking about concerning magblade and wings. You can't just slot a melee ability and expect it to work.
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Problem with magblade rn is you can't slot any ability and expect it to work XD. Seriously this post has been derail city we're nowhere near talking about the original thing anymore. We weren't from basically the second post...
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Oh, we talk about another class his skills and suddenly it's not funny anymore eh?

Just like i can slot a melee attack or force puls against wingspammers, people can slot cloak counters or even use pots, but they refuse as it takes up slot space.

But, but Knoote.. the counters don't work that good (detection does btw)

Well, neither does concealed weapon or only force pulse against a wingspammer. And that leaves magblade without other tools. And good luck trying to get into melee range.

Same thing.
    Edited by Knootewoot on March 22, 2019 5:58PM
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Liww
    Liww
    ✭✭✭
    imo they should add a small cost increase akin to rolling and stresking, with a far longer timer on it.

After 7 or 8 cloaks it's just getting rediculous, but I dont think it should be as drastic as streak and rolling in terms of cost increase, perhaps a 10% increase on a 10/15 second timer.
    Edited by Liww on March 24, 2019 12:47AM
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Like whenever you do that combo and you fail.. A good player knows what you gonna do next and is gonna counter that pretty hard.

Are we back in Orsinium patch? Old wrecking blow into leap was a 2 shot combo but just dizzy into leap wont kill anyone... not even if you are wearing full meta full procced fury and 7th.
    Xbox One - EU - GT : Bosov
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :
    https://twitter.com/SlashLurk/status/895068339273310208

• Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »

You have no clue what you are talking about concerning magblade and wings. You can't just slot a melee ability and expect it to work.

magblade is basically reduced to 1 skill when the enemy use wings and they say crushing shock is a counter lol. give me potions poisons and skills that debuff shields ill definately equip em and wont ask in forum about nerf.
  • Sypherioth
    Sypherioth
    ✭✭✭
    Noctus wrote: »

magblade is basically reduced to 1 skill when the enemy use wings and they say crushing shock is a counter lol. give me potions poisons and skills that debuff shields ill definately equip em and wont ask in forum about nerf.

Ye you can't have loads of dmg and still kill trough wings from range. You have to make compromises. Why is wings a problem? because out of almost all class you can't burst them down in 2 sec from range because of wings? Get used to the fact that there always are counters.

We should get back on the cloak tho.
  • Sypherioth
    Sypherioth
    ✭✭✭
    Bosov wrote: »

Are we back in Orsinium patch? Old wrecking blow into leap was a 2 shot combo but just dizzy into leap wont kill anyone... not even if you are wearing full meta full procced fury and 7th.

No but after those 2 skills executioner will. I talked about the builds. And if you run heavy you probably wont have that no. But in BG in medium ive seen 8k leaps. 7k dizzying.

I just gave examples why newbies feel overwhelmed in pvp. Its not all about the cloak and NB ganking. Many builds can kill extremely fast especialy if its newer players.

There is a reason many skills are 4 sec only. Its because eso combat is realy fast. But for new players those 4 sec can be to fast. For experienced players 4 sec is loads of time. Cloak is just fine as it is. As are many other skills that look OP.
    Edited by Sypherioth on March 24, 2019 6:05AM
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ye you can't have loads of dmg and still kill trough wings from range. You have to make compromises. Why is wings a problem? because out of almost all class you can't burst them down in 2 sec from range because of wings? Get used to the fact that there always are counters.

OMFG we are talking about magblades which people called halfsorcs allready. we dont have the burst of stamblades or sorcs. ive reached numbers beyond 2 mill in bg with my dk copy that with magblade and we talk. on my magblade i dont even come close to the numbers im pulling with other classes.
    Edited by Noctus on March 24, 2019 6:32AM
  • killingspreeb16_ESO
    killingspreeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Sypherioth so wing are not a problem when they can't be actually countered by a class except for 2skill that will make no difference on the fight(and you are actually a free kill for them)but then we have a thread about that cloak is a problem when everyone get access to a way to counter it.

Edited by killingspreeb16_ESO on March 24, 2019 9:30AM
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Lol. I get the feeling you only play in big groups, where you can just choose to ignore a magdk.. The ignorant bias is painfully obvious. Magdk dominates in melee range and is untouchable from range. Tell me how that is balanced?
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Would agree with Cloak nerfs but 2h bow stamnb and magnb would need to get some love at other points, I'm afraid that Cloak would just be nerfed and that these builds are just left in the dust afterwards (tbf 2h bow builds in general are in need of some serious buffs for other classes than Nb).
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Logged on to my bow night blade Friday night ... Easily got 40 kills no deaths.. Dark cloak counters are a joke.. One roll dodge and sprint I'm gone.... or just port to my pet... Dark cloak snipe Dark cloak snipe hitting people for up to 13k I do see a ton of misses but this class is so easy to play with no hard counter at the moment... Vevic is loaded with these builds .. I'm sorry but potions are next to worthless , AOE is easy to avoid because you have tools to avoid it.... I was only in trouble 1 time out there and it was another nightblade that marked me .. but I just roll dodged and took off..

Keep in mind I almost never play this guy..
    Edited by Durham on March 24, 2019 5:59PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    Logged on to my bow night blade Friday night ... Easily got 40 kills no deaths.. Dark cloak counters are a joke.. One roll dodge and sprint I'm gone.... or just port to my pet... Dark cloak snipe Dark cloak snipe hitting people for up to 13k I do see a ton of misses but this class is so easy to play with no hard counter at the moment... Vevic is loaded with these builds .. I'm sorry but potions are next to worthless , AOE is easy to avoid because you have tools to avoid it.... I was only in trouble 1 time out there and it was another nightblade that marked me .. but I just roll dodged and took off..

Yeah this is the other end of the unbalanced spectrum that is Cloak. Generally this playstyle is pretty useless, but once I saw a bowblade plus a guy on oils wipe a 6 person organized small man on Harlun's FD I think. Now they came back with their 40 man AOTP friends and PVDoored fast but it was hilarious. And the only time I've seen pure ganking be actually useful for the campaign. Ganking noobs doesn't win campaigns or help teams or even make good ap, but yes it is easiest on NB.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'm surprised people couldn't find you with Dark Cloak. You definitely don't know the class if you think that skill is keeping you invisible.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Sounds like someone hasn’t figured out pvp in this game and that defensive sets are a requirement. Hate to break it to you, but if it wasn’t a NB it’d be someone else killing you in 2 GCDs, it’s bow specs doing it now because they have better range. Stop taking pve gear into pvp.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 27, 2019 10:52AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Double post
    Edited by Iskiab on March 27, 2019 10:51AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm surprised people couldn't find you with Dark Cloak. You definitely don't know the class if you think that skill is keeping you invisible.

Haha i died

I hope cloak gets nerfed cuz then wings are next and shields get an actual nerf this time 😏
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm for all polarized play patterns being nerfed because I don't think they lead to a good PvP experience let alone "balance". I don't think doing unbalanced and OP things is inherently fun long term and neither is having to flee most of the encounters you come across just to prey on *insert spec w/o counter here that isn't in a 70 person zerg*.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    darkblue5 wrote: »
    I'm for all polarized play patterns being nerfed because I don't think they lead to a good PvP experience let alone "balance". I don't think doing unbalanced and OP things is inherently fun long term and neither is having to flee most of the encounters you come across just to prey on *insert spec w/o counter here that isn't in a 70 person zerg*.

Cloak is only polarizing and unbalanced to those who do not bother to use the numerous effective counters available to us. This is truly a choice to use the counters or choose to ignore them. But Zos should not nerf anything because some people cannot be bothered to play well.
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cloak is only polarizing and unbalanced to those who do not bother to use the numerous effective counters available to us. This is truly a choice to use the counters or choose to ignore them. But Zos should not nerf anything because some people cannot be bothered to play well.

I just finished boringly killing nightblades with detect pots and Boundless Storm, Streak, and Soul Assault cause I finally took my 5 year old main through Coldharbor. It was as boring as it was every time as the game turned into "When will the NB figure out I used a detect pot and only try to get away?". I find playing that game boring when I'm playing on my nightblade whether I shortly die, I turn and combo, or I manage to escape.

I have read that you find it fun, and I don't doubt that that is a legitimate viewpoint. I don't understand the constant insults and accusations that I'm arguing in bad faith. I just find that mini-game unbalanced and boring, and the times that people only run detect pots or only run AOEs is often boring as well. You find it exciting and satisfying. Neither or us is objectively wrong or right on this. I've never seen you argue for why it is good for the game to keep this polarized interaction other than to say that you personally like it and you find it effective.
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Detect pots are also polarized and unbalanced. People see "darkblue5" sometimes and pop a detect pot when I'm not even on nightblade depriving themselves of a better potion for 45 seconds. Clearly it is used effectively to kill medium stamblades and light armor magblades or they wouldn't be used. I don't like the whole shebang and don't think the counters and cloak can be balanced in a way to make the encounters more interactive and interesting. You clearly do, so lets agree to disagree without insulting each other.
  • killingspreeb16_ESO
    killingspreeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Detect pots are also polarized and unbalanced. People see "darkblue5" sometimes and pop a detect pot when I'm not even on nightblade depriving themselves of a better potion for 45 seconds. Clearly it is used effectively to kill medium stamblades and light armor magblades or they wouldn't be used. I don't like the whole shebang and don't think the counters and cloak can be balanced in a way to make the encounters more interactive and interesting. You clearly do, so lets agree to disagree without insulting each other.

So there are people who can't even tell your class and pop a detect potion and you want to remove/nerf cloak for those people?ROFL

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You seem to miss the point of balance. Cloak is a powerful skill. The counters are also very powerful but that is what makes it balanced. Considering we have multipole choices of counters for cloak it also makes it much easier to use, Must more than just a potion.
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You seem to miss the point of balance. Cloak is a powerful skill. The counters are also very powerful but that is what makes it balanced. Considering we have multipole choices of counters for cloak it also makes it much easier to use, Must more than just a potion.

I'm also interested in the play experience too. I have different feelings about how the play experience feels with the strong skill and strong counter dynamic. I think the cloak/counter game play over many combats if you consider target selection will be unbalanced.

That's why I discussed changing my playstyle on my Nightblades to end up on the better end of the spectrum. I also believe that my decisions to do so result in a slightly worse version of Cyrodiil for all who enter. I was willing to trade that upside for some more reliable survivability and group support, That's what I've believed all along and a majority disagreed with me. I'm not sure what is the plurality opinion however as there certainly didn't seem to be a majority opinion. Regardless we've heard that there is a stealth rework coming. We'll see what that looks like.
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any good player knows its overpowered thats why its abused. Best stamNBs on my server say the same thing. Majority of you are just ignorant and cry when people question it.

2 changes make NB balanced imo.
    Cloak gets the streak treatment, now this isnt as bad as people first think as cloak isnt spammed like streak, it has a duration.

Take one of the effects from incap its too overloaded, keep the 20% damage buff and either lose the stun or defile.

Otherclasses obviously have there own issues too.

I do believe magblade should be compensated in someway through, its the stamNB that is over performing.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm also interested in the play experience too. I have different feelings about how the play experience feels with the strong skill and strong counter dynamic. I think the cloak/counter game play over many combats if you consider target selection will be unbalanced.

That's why I discussed changing my playstyle on my Nightblades to end up on the better end of the spectrum. I also believe that my decisions to do so result in a slightly worse version of Cyrodiil for all who enter. I was willing to trade that upside for some more reliable survivability and group support, That's what I've believed all along and a majority disagreed with me. I'm not sure what is the plurality opinion however as there certainly didn't seem to be a majority opinion. Regardless we've heard that there is a stealth rework coming. We'll see what that looks like.

Much better than simple and boring. You are entitled to your opinion but the game is full of strong skills. Some of them are countered by other skills and others are countered by their design.

So cloak or not, you chose to play a game full of strong skills and each has a counter one way or another. Heck, bleed damage, and especially oblivion damage. Very strong damage and oblivion has only one counter, avoidance.
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Regardless we've heard that there is a stealth rework coming. We'll see what that looks like.

Interested to see where this was stated by zos/class rep/ anyone with credibility. Would like to know what question it was addressing. Could you please show me youe source? Thanks!
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi