Maintenance for the week of December 16:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – December 16
• PC/Mac: NA and EU for maintenance – December 18, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EST (15:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – December 18, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EST (15:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – December 18, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EST (15:00 UTC)

OILS NOT SHIELDABLE AND DOING 18K DMG PER TICK

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    sha-ext wrote: »
    Please ZOS, that is awesome, perfect against Zergs and it makes the Game really hard, good, i made afew ap less as we did manage lesser Keep takes last Night but, on the other Hand, we defended really good. I would love to have some proper challenge, PVP is far too easy nowadays

this makes PvP an even easier game. use a siege and click. done. what is skillful about that?

There were plenty of times for actual fighting for me last night. This pretty much just effects keep sieges where I do think siege and counter siege should be more important.

That said; I would not advocate after just 1 day saying "This is fine. Leave it." I'd be ok with seeing how the week plays out and adjusting gradually back rather than all the way.
    Technohic - DC Templar
    Technohicz - DC Nightblade
    Technohix - DC Sorc
    TechDKnohic - DC DK
    Tech No Hic - DC Warden
    Necrohic - DC Necromancer
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jameliel wrote: »
    Update: Unfortunately this isn't something we're able to hotfix, but we're trying to get the fix into Monday's incremental patch.

Thanks for
    Bosov wrote: »
    I wonder if the people who want the siege change to stay like this are also the players who use snipe. Press one button over and over and get big rewards (kills) without taking any risk because you are in a safe spot.

Zos made this whole combat system and still people who just want to click.. not even point and click but only click.

I made a pure sniper, and its crystal clear to me you have no idea of how to play one at all. Since you think there is some magical safe spot, and it's simply pressing one button to kill everyone, then make a sniper and video yourself doing it. Low health noobs with no buffs and the wrong armor go down quick, but how many consistent players have such noob builds? The majority of people know how to break free, dodge roll and heal right away. Knowing when to snipe, use other attacks and mix in your melee is crucial to getting kills.

Back on topic, I enjoy playing my sniper as much as I enjoy some other builds. I do not approve of the current siege damage fiasco. While siege should do more damage than it did last patch, it's way overboard right now. Sure it's fun the first time you pour oil on someone, or blast them with a cold fire ballista. Beyond that it's simply unbalanced. Not that my opinion matters since I play less and less. Your assumption about legit snipers is wrong though.

Okay you got me. Sniping is hard... when you compare it to dropping oil on someone and doing 42k damage in 3 ticks.

Pew pew
    Xbox One - EU - GT : Bosov
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Please ZOS, that is awesome, perfect against Zergs and it makes the Game really hard, good, i made afew ap less as we did manage lesser Keep takes last Night but, on the other Hand, we defended really good. I would love to have some proper challenge, PVP is far too easy nowadays

this makes PvP an even easier game. use a siege and click. done. what is skillful about that?

There were plenty of times for actual fighting for me last night. This pretty much just effects keep sieges where I do think siege and counter siege should be more important.

That said; I would not advocate after just 1 day saying "This is fine. Leave it." I'd be ok with seeing how the week plays out and adjusting gradually back rather than all the way.

Were you around last time when they buffed Siege? It is and was absurd, back then and now.
    Main characters:
    Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 41 - Stormproof (PC EU)
    Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)

Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial Necromancer (lvl 8)
    Fearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)
    Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)
    Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDK
    Valirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBlade
    Turuna - AD Altmer magBlade
    Kheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDK
    Kibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - Stormproof
    Yavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWarden
    Azog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWarden
    Vidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDK
    Marquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - Stormproof
    Rawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWarden
    Tu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar

All chars 50 @ CP 1000+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on Bahlokdaan PC EU.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol he doesn't remember that dropping siege steals a GCD and CC attempts on you stop you from firing siege/getting off it.

Don't clump in stupid, and don't let that seige warrior fire.
    Edited by Minno on February 26, 2019 4:10PM
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just keep one campaign this way, then all the pvdooring and rotational keep-swapping can continue in the AP farming campaign. Make siege cost more AP if necessary.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

Were you around last time when they buffed Siege? It is and was absurd, back then and now.

Yes. Thats why I am saying they should watch it. it clearly is not being adjusted at all until Monday, so might as well see what it looks like. We are at opposite extremes either way. 1 the siege is so non-threatening except for complete lapses of judgement to stand in it too long. Now; it might be a bit much. I also think there is some health desyncs going on making it a little worse than it actually is. It just doesn't need to be completely whacked back down.

And they really need to look at making it different for non-CP. not sure how its going there but when I played on Azuras, I know it really hurt before.
    Technohic - DC Templar
    Technohix - DC Sorc
    TechDKnohic - DC DK
    Tech No Hic - DC Warden
  • Beaverton
    Beaverton
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys, confirming we've seen this and are investigating.

Please keep in mind the affect this has in the no CP campaigns where players don't have the extra mitigation. This is especially problematic in Kyne where new players trying out PvP maybe haven't learned how to avoid the big red circles yet. 2 ticks=death for most players so unless you have a purge bot RIP.

Sorry if this has been brought up already-I didn't have time to read the 6 pages that have already been posted on the subject.

Chook (fill in the blank) or Chookana (likewise): I learn more by dying so teach me some more!
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

lol he doesn't remember that dropping siege steals a GCD and CC attempts on you stop you from firing siege/getting off it.

Don't clump in stupid, and don't let that seige warrior fire.

Haha I died to it twice last night and pretty much in the same fight...because I was being an idiot standing at a breach, jumping up and down to get just enough LOS to be hitting people with POTL while they were taking our counter siege. Im not vamp so I was surviving and cleansing in between, until I saw a cleanse message pop up, and I was like "Huh? Im not taking any damage right now.' Then BOOM! Dead. Was laughing as a guildie revived me, and then before I could get back in the safety, something must have clipped me as I then died just as I got there. I was standing in stupid.

Technohic - DC Templar
    Technohix - DC Sorc
    TechDKnohic - DC DK
    Tech No Hic - DC Warden
  • sha-ext
    sha-ext
    ✭✭✭
    It is nice that you cite single encounters where you had fun with this.
    But this will be horrible in no-cp.
    and nobody will ever take a keep when it has an organised defense, especially not homekeeps.

Sieges hit harder in no-cp already and they can take it up a notch, but this is insane.
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZoS totally Lost it. Keep it as it is!!!!!!!!!! You are aware ppl dying like flies? IF this is How You want PvP to be im out of here
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS, rewarding boring gameplay since 2014.

If seige was more interesting to use, maybe I would be up for more seige damage. As I think it would be interesting for keeps be a lot harder to take and most of the fighting moves to towns, resources, and outposts, but as it is now seige is just too moving to use. Setup, point, click, it's just so much less fun than fighting with my skills.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Friends of: Omni, Avant Garde
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado

PC/NA
    T-Bois (AR 50 Stam Sorc) - AD

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDUkIEilHdG3v6I586WzoyA?
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just dying to know how this happens accidentally...QA is putting in work.
    Daggerfall Covenant - Xbox One NA
  • Zippy81
    Zippy81
    ✭✭✭
    Different siege weapons should vary in power. Oils hit only in 1 place - aoe could be smaller perhaps but able to nuke a ram and players under it. Balistas same, smaller aoe. Catapults are bigger aoe so should be weaker.
    Besides, easier to run away for dodge rolling Bosmers. :smiley:
    Kind regards,
    Zippy
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is nice that you cite single encounters where you had fun with this.
    But this will be horrible in no-cp.
    and nobody will ever take a keep when it has an organised defense, especially not homekeeps.

Sieges hit harder in no-cp already and they can take it up a notch, but this is insane.

So let's fix it for no-CP and Shor but keep it in Vivec for the performance boost if nothing else. Everybody wins.
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss the Invisible Cold Fire days....
    RIP you are missed :disappointed:
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep siege strong (for one campaign). Then turn the towns and new outposts into "siege factories", 2 for each faction. If your faction owns both home siege factories, your siege limit is 20 at a single keep. If you own one factory, your siege limit is 10 and if you own neither your siege limit is 5.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    Neoauspex wrote: »
    Keep siege strong (for one campaign). Then turn the towns and new outposts into "siege factories", 2 for each faction. If your faction owns both home siege factories, your siege limit is 20 at a single keep. If you own one factory, your siege limit is 10 and if you own neither your siege limit is 5.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Elder Artillery Online.

Not in the other two campaigns, imperial city, or at the towns promoting small scale combat...
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    I really don't mind siege being strong, if there are ways to mitigate it beyond simply not standing in it. Some fights have an incredible amount of defensive siege and there is literally nowhere for offensive siege to be except in the defensive siege AoEs. Often, even if I wanted to move to another location the siege cap prevents me from being able to set up enough new siege to be effective against a second wall.
    Siege is already strong against people who can't/won't mitigate it with siege shields, strong heals and purges. Many disorganized groups die to siege, and that's as it should be, but everyone cheering overpowered siege are looking for a way to make disorganized beat organized by making siege a death sentence with no counter play.

Id like to see that video showing a random clump zerg "defeat" a well organized ball group running purges/dedicated healers with only siege lol.

Edit:
    because they couldn't on murkmire and they wont on live.
    Edited by Minno on February 26, 2019 6:01PM
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Sureshawt
    Sureshawt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm just dying to know how this happens accidentally...QA is putting in work.

Hell they can even get a fundamental concept like combat flags to work properly so nothing surprises me anymore. Combat flags have been properly implemented in other MMOs going back decades.

• Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    I really don't mind siege being strong, if there are ways to mitigate it beyond simply not standing in it. Some fights have an incredible amount of defensive siege and there is literally nowhere for offensive siege to be except in the defensive siege AoEs. Often, even if I wanted to move to another location the siege cap prevents me from being able to set up enough new siege to be effective against a second wall.
    Siege is already strong against people who can't/won't mitigate it with siege shields, strong heals and purges. Many disorganized groups die to siege, and that's as it should be, but everyone cheering overpowered siege are looking for a way to make disorganized beat organized by making siege a death sentence with no counter play.

Id like to see that video showing a random clump zerg "defeat" a well organized ball group running purges/dedicated healers with only siege lol.

Edit:
    because they couldn't on murkmire and they wont on live.

I'm not sure which video you're talking about, but I don't think what you described would, could or should happen, although the siege on live PC sounds like it might be possible.
    Daggerfall Covenant - Xbox One NA