Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update on Race Change Tokens

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is cool, but I wish there was a way to donate mine to people who want to change more than 3 characters, because now I'll be getting 3 race change tokens on each of my accounts and I won't be using any of them...

Not that I think it's practical to make it so that people can trade the tokens, it's just a shame that all of the ones I get are going to go to waste. Unless I use them to very slightly tweak some characters' appearances anyway (I'd only do minor changes like maybe a haircut here and there).
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I won't be using the race change token, I will be using the name change token. I have 2 characters that I forgot to captilize, and while it bothers me, I'm too cheap to buy a name change.
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited out after saw the latest changes on PTS.

I was hopeful, but ended up disappointed.
    Edited by Moonsorrow on February 5, 2019 9:24AM
  • shaielzafine
    shaielzafine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, trying to meet customers halfway with the racial change passives. Step in the right direction
  • Garish
    Garish
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you ZOS for the increase in race change tokens and that we will get name change tokens. Much appreciated :)
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great news!
    mdylan2013 wrote: »
    Welcome news, although you won’t please everyone!

Yup and people will still complain. But it's 2019 so what else is new.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ulfgarde wrote: »
    buff argonian pls

Next week it's coming.
  • KaiDynasty
    KaiDynasty
    ✭✭✭
    Is people really getting satisfied with just 3!?! Can you Zos explain why 3, and not 1 for every character? You do it for a marketing purpose? I don't give a *** about a sale caused by your changes, it should be free!
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    How much money is that, that potentially they will not earn doing this.
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for kindness.

Going to use a name change token for my character gift of moonlight to something more poetic.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a welcome change. Thank you for that. Unfortunately, I would have preferred if you didn't have a sale on the items at all. Promoting a sale is an admission that you want to monetize these changes, at least to some extent. It may have looked better overall if you just raised the tokens to 3, added the name change tokens and left it at that. You're saying that anyone not satisfied with only 3 changes is welcome to visit the store in order to fix any other issues they may have. It sets a poor precedent and adds a shady element to the process.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After reviewing everyone’s feedback and evaluating the total number of high-level characters from active ESO accounts, we’ve decided to increase the amount of free Race Change Tokens granted to all players to 3 Tokens, in addition to granting 3 Name Change Tokens, to assist with the upcoming Racial balance changes in Update 21. The Tokens will be automatically added to your account during the launch maintenance window for each respective platform.

Additionally, we’re also planning a sale on both Race Change Tokens and the Race & Name Change Token bundle for a limited time after each platform’s launch.

We look forward to seeing everyone in game for the upcoming Wrathstone launch!

That is Legit awesome. Have 8 chars but only three I still use so that is perfect for me.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • jeanz1978
    jeanz1978
    ✭✭
    Thank you for listening. Three is better than one for sure.
    Gurgalurg Squad PS4 NA

690+ Stam DK
    690+ Mag Blade
    690+ Templar Healer
    690+ Mag Sorc
    690+ Stam Warden
    690+ Mag DK
    690+ Stamplar
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Great news! Bye-bye Imperials!
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice! Thanks, ZOS <3
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks a lot for that!

@ZOS_GinaBruno Will we need to have "Any race any alliance" upgrade in order to change, let's say Nord into Khajiit with those tokens?
  • BlackCat
    BlackCat
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you so much for listening to us!
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks a lot for that!

@ZOS_GinaBruno Will we need to have "Any race any alliance" upgrade in order to change, let's say Nord into Khajiit with those tokens?

From what is being said, these tokens are no different from the ones currently in the game. You cannot bypass any locked restrictions with a token. You need to unlock the ability to use any race any alliance first
  • H4RDFOX
    H4RDFOX
    ✭✭✭
    What are the stipulations to "active" accounts? I have an account with 7 characters, but no PC (it has been destroyed). I would still love to take advantage of this when I get another PC built.

Edit: figured it out, thanks! This is awesome, thanks for listening to the community.
    Edited by H4RDFOX on February 1, 2019 6:29PM
    #NoEasyProps
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Three isn't enough.

If you're profiting from this -- and the token sale planned suggests you expect to -- you're doing it wrong.

You should not be earning $0.01 because you've changed the traits of a character's race and the player is now unhappy about it. You should not be profiting for a problem you will be creating for players.

There should be a period of unlimited changes in addition to 3 tokens that can be used for remorse later.
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you so much
  • ValorieW
    ValorieW
    ✭✭✭
    Thank goodness. I’m actually going to preorder the next chapter now, since it appears I will in fact keep playing. 😁
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    Three isn't enough.

If you're profiting from this -- and the token sale planned suggests you expect to -- you're doing it wrong.

You should not be earning $0.01 because you've changed the traits of a character's race and the player is now unhappy about it. You should not be profiting for a problem you will be creating for players.

There should be a period of unlimited changes in addition to 3 tokens that can be used for remorse later.

Exactly.

I don't understand why they insist on trying to earn money from this change. Even if they do profit from it, which I'm sure they will, do they realize how this makes them look?
  • Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭
    😄😄😄😄😄😄😄
    @Deepan on PC-EU
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's exactly what I was saying, that it should be three name-and-race changes instead of one.

I'm ok with it not being one per character. Three is fine. Thanks for listening.
  • TimeWizard
    TimeWizard
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for upping the number guys! One question, is this per server or per account? Like will I get 3 tokens for NA and another 3 on EU, or is 3 total for both?
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you very nice of you 🙂
  • Soldier224
    Soldier224
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Three isn't enough.

Exactly.

I don't understand why they insist on trying to earn money from this change. Even if they do profit from it, which I'm sure they will, do they realize how this makes them look?

It gives no reasons that you must change your races. Because many Races are better than before. That a few Races will be better than your race isn´t a reason. 2k Dps difference or maybe a little bit more is ridiculous.

I understand, that many Players want to have the maximum of the Build that they have favor. But it is not necessary to complete a Vetraid successfully. So it is not ZOS problem but yours.

Now ZOS will give you more than they wanted first. And a few people still moan. I think that is very ungrateful.
    Edited by Soldier224 on February 1, 2019 6:39PM
    Man muss realistisch sein - Neunfinger Logan (First Law Trilogy)
    RP Guide: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/431297/rp-guide-aus-persoenlicher-sicht-was-ist-rp
    Für alle Einbrecher Tamriels oder die die es werden wollen:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/313750/diebestouren-guide-effektiver-diebstahl-in-teso (veraltet)
    Überblick über die Häuser der Dunmer (Enthält Interpretationen/Für Diskussionen offen):
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/481389/die-haeuser-der-dunmer-in-der-zeit-von-eso-haus-hlaalu-redoran-telvanni

• DeathStalker
    DeathStalker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best MMO ever. Thanks for listening.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soldier224 wrote: »
    Three isn't enough.

Exactly.

It gives no reasons that you must change your races. Because many Races are better than before. That a few Races will be better than your race isn´t a reason. 2k Dmg difference or maybe a little bit more is ridiculous.

I understand, that many Players want to have the maximum of the Build that they have favor. But it is not necessary to complete a Vetraid successfully. So it is not ZOS problem but yours.

Now ZOS will give you more than they wanted first. And a few people still moan. I think that is very ungrateful.

It's about perspective. I'm not likely to actually change more than 3 of my characters. It's not about me. It's about ZOS making game balance changes, then charging (some people) to fix the changes they implement. If you can't see the problem with that sort of business practice, that's fine. My opinion is that they should not monetize game balance changes... at all... to any players, even if I'm not personally affected.