Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Curse Eater Really Strong

• Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Berenhir wrote: »
    Example sDK:
    LA + Low Slash + Bash
    5 - 6 Dots (Maim, slow, Siphoner, 2x Poison, maybe poisoned)

LA + Venomous Claw
    1 - 3 Dots (Claw, Siphoner, maybe poisoned)

LA + Noxious Breath
    2 - 4 Dots (Noxious, Siphoner, Fracture, maybe poisoned)

So 3 seconds - 8 dots, some of them reapplied immediately when falling of.

Set balanced.

Not so much in a 1v1 against a sorc or magblades :-1:

You've forgot that each ardent flame ability applies 30% snare when activated. I love how people complain that this set is dk killer when in reality dk hurts the less from it . When it comes to magblade cripling grasp and mark both have 3 negative effects in 1 ability. Since lately lot of magicka builds run master destro lot of people can refresh 2-3 debuffs every second.
    Edited by Juhasow on January 22, 2019 4:16AM
    Options
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 – Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    3 – Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    4 – Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    5 – When you heal yourself or an ally, remove two negative effects from them. If a negative effect was removed this way, your target restores 150 Magicka. This effect can occur every 2 seconds.

This + rapid regen will rob templars of class identity, ruin any burst that depends on purgeable burst or effects in general (sorc curse for example + DoTs) and on top of that has some sustain roped in. Crazy busted.
    Minalan wrote: »
    Purges are balanced in this game because:

1. The alliance war skill is expensive and requires people to build for it.
    2. It makes Templars awesome and unique.

This set unbalances and cheapens both. Debuffs are supposed to be difficult to remove. You're not supposed to counter DK, Sorc, and nightblade every other second. Permanently.

Agreed. This set should have a lot higher cool down about 10+ seconds minimum. Typo error may be ?
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on January 22, 2019 4:09AM
    Options
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is almost no possible way a Sorc could get Curse off if this set is main 5pc'd in a 1v1 and there is a HOT somewhere.

However, this set loses a massive amount of effectiveness when you start adding more players to the fray. I'm not ready to call it OP or broken, but I can see potential issues being brought on by this set.
    Options
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets be honest this set can only be extremly strong in 1v1 against someone with not much of negative effects but if we're calling to nerf 1v1 set that provides too much defense in duel then why nobody was crying about blessed of meridia which is way stronger ?
    Edited by Juhasow on January 22, 2019 4:20AM
    Options
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Lets be honest this set can only be extremly strong in 1v1 against someone with not much of negative effects but if we're calling to nerf 1v1 set that provides too much defense in duel then why nobody was crying about blessed of meridia ?

It's not a matter of negative effects, it's a matter of what type of negative effects. Something like a magsorc is going to suffer hard because it's only real purgeable is it's primary burst skill. Something like Mag DK could care less because you constantly have 50 effects on you anyways.
    Options
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets be honest this set can only be extremly strong in 1v1 against someone with not much of negative effects but if we're calling to nerf 1v1 set that provides too much defense in duel then why nobody was crying about blessed of meridia which is way stronger ?

It isn't exclusively duels. Very strong in small scale and imo even in large scale. 1 debuff per second plus sustain just can't be overlooked. Sure one person in a huge crowd it wont be noticeable but few sets are. Easy solution making it keep utility in big groups but not be OP is give it a per player cooldown but make the cooldown much longer.
    William Thorne - EP Breton Sorcerer
    Astrid Winterborn - EP Breton Warden
    Erik Ironskin - EP Nord Dragonknight
    Venasa Viri - EP Dunmer Nightblade

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
    Options
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It isn't exclusively duels. Very strong in small scale and imo even in large scale. 1 debuff per second plus sustain just can't be overlooked. Sure one person in a huge crowd it wont be noticeable but few sets are. Easy solution making it keep utility in big groups but not be OP is give it a per player cooldown but make the cooldown much longer.

Man we're living in times where many builds can apply 4 debuffs per second with like 6-10 debuffs active at the same time. The only thing I would change in that set is giving a purge to allies. It should be set purely the user only to avoid zergling healbots wearing it.
    Edited by Juhasow on January 22, 2019 7:13AM
    Options
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    Lets be honest this set can only be extremly strong in 1v1 against someone with not much of negative effects but if we're calling to nerf 1v1 set that provides too much defense in duel then why nobody was crying about blessed of meridia ?

It's not a matter of negative effects, it's a matter of what type of negative effects. Something like a magsorc is going to suffer hard because it's only real purgeable is it's primary burst skill. Something like Mag DK could care less because you constantly have 50 effects on you anyways.

Well then like I said where is the blessed of meridia nerf train ? It basically makes enemy non existamt 50% of a time which is far stronger then cleansing 2 negative effects.
    Options
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well then like I said where is the blessed of meridia nerf train ? It basically makes enemy non existamt 50% of a time which is far stronger then cleansing 2 negative effects.

The 2-4pc are significantly worse for most builds, slightly harder proc condition. Tbh I'd rather have 5 seconds to get my full burst off than have to try and burst someone without curse.

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
    Options
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Man we're leaving in times where many builds can apply 4 debuffs per second with like 6-10 debuffs active at the same time. The only thing I would change in that set is giving a purge to allies. It should be set purely the user only to avoid zergling healbots wearing it.

Sure in optimal conditions you CAN apply 4 debuffs in a GCD but some of them aren't going to matter and more likely that not the ones that do matter are going to be taken off. In many GCDs you might not be applying any debuffs at all but ones you already have on are getting ripped off.

I don't really care for *** that is weak and low priority like siphoner, concuss, chill, burn, etc. The set is going to always knock off curse in a 1v1 vs a sorc and is always going to target the stronger effects like curse and other dots.

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
    Options
  • Dashmatt
    Dashmatt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Too easy to proc, timer too short, too strong of an effect. Bonus magicka sustain because why not.

Set was junk, will be super OP now. Needs to be in the middle somewhere.
    Options
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Needs to be toned down. It's just too much against sorcs, a class that most of their burst is already avoidable. So now sorcs just get to force pulse DK's, seem just awesome.
    Edited by bardx86 on January 22, 2019 6:31AM
    Options
  • Seenoevil
    Seenoevil
    ✭✭✭
    So your telling me I can make a build on a vamp stam dk back bar curseeater
    To cleanse off marks and curses, earthgore to cleanse off ground aoe And run 5 deadly strike for 15% extra damage on Poison inject into claw into toxic barrage?? sweet Jesus stam dk the new ganking class folks get ready for it
    Options
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    This is soooo ridiculous LOL wow

Am I overreacting or is this one of the most broken PVP sets EVER?

You are overreacting. Old Viper, Soldier of anguish, sload, shield breaker.

Set looks very strong, maybe even to strong but increasing the cool down to much will kill it and make it garbage again.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
    Options
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bad change and it will encourage MEGA tanks even more.

EDIT: Though, thinking about it, having used the set on live I might prefer the live version over it when confronted by a ball group.
    Edited by Kadoin on January 22, 2019 5:43AM
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Atleast give stam builds their version of it😂 and spell strategist

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It might spell the end of the need to run magplars in PvP. Or at least no need to run circle.
    Options
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    It might spell the end of the need to run magplars in PvP. Or at least no need to run circle.

It might really spell the end of Valkyn. And for that, I am happy.
    Edited by Kadoin on January 22, 2019 6:48AM
    Options
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    mb10 wrote: »
    This is soooo ridiculous LOL wow

Am I overreacting or is this one of the most broken PVP sets EVER?

You know what set was "the most broken PVP set EVER", according to these forums?

Knightslayer.

How many times have you been hit by knightslayer proc in the last 6 months?

Exactly.

How many times have you been hit by soldier of anguish proc? Personally i don't even know what it looks like.

And im sure you can think of a few more sets that followed the same pattern: exaggerated "the sky is falling" whining on the forum, followed by a live set that no-one uses. I hope ZOS has learned by now.

Something not being used excessively doesn't make it balanced. Just because it's harder to incorporate it into a build it doesn't mean that it's balanced cause when you actually do make a build with it, it is broken. In the latest PC EU tournament the winner did make a build with it and heavy attacked his way to the prize. Literally. It's a horribly designed set by nature and the people who called it out were right.

If they ever introduce a set that synergizes perfectly with it and make it easier to build around it and people start using it the forums will be flooded with nerf threads just like with sloads. And for good reason. Again, how often a se is used, doesn't dictate whether it's balanced or not.
    Edited by pieratsos on January 22, 2019 7:06AM
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an entire 5pc, with a fairly weak 4pc. It's almost completely useless versus a build that don't rely on DOTS.

Show me a build where it´s almost completely useless against. The only class where i might want to use another set against might be a stamina warden.
    But even against those it has great value as it will remove CC, defile, maim, snares and armorpierce.

I don´t think people can wrap their head around how strong this is at the moment - they have to ask themselves a question: Is someone that can´t die and is spamming alliance war purge for you personally every 2s useful/op? Because that´s essentially what it comes down to.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cooldown to 4/5s and removing the magicka return should kinda be enough tbh. But we know zos, it will come live with a 300 mag regen value, and procing every 2s removing 4 negative effects.
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

I don´t think people can wrap their head around how strong this is at the moment - they have to ask themselves a question: Is someone that can´t die and is spamming alliance war purge for you personally every 2s useful/op? Because that´s essentially what it comes down to.

Dunno about alliance war purge, but i can tell you about ritual of retribution: as far as cleansing goes, it is pretty much useless, even if spammed once every second and not two. There's a reason templars run extended ritual instead.
    Options
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    It's an entire 5pc, with a fairly weak 4pc. It's almost completely useless versus a build that don't rely on DOTS.

Show me a build where it´s almost completely useless against. The only class where i might want to use another set against might be a stamina warden.
    But even against those it has great value as it will remove CC, defile, maim, snares and armorpierce.

That's not an argument. Show me a build against which hunding's rage is useless. Does that make hunding's rage broken op?
    Options
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The 2-4pc are significantly worse for most builds, slightly harder proc condition. Tbh I'd rather have 5 seconds to get my full burst off than have to try and burst someone without curse.

I think You would quicky change Your mind after few dueling sessions against people in blessed.
    Options
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I decon’d so much of this gold jewelry already

=*(
    Edited by kaithuzar on January 22, 2019 7:22AM
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
    Options
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think You would quicky change Your mind after few dueling sessions against people in blessed.

Why are you dueling people with specific setups that make them not die? It's not like you can just slap eater or meridia onto any build without consiquences. Your burst power takes a massive hit.
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What really stands out is the ease to proc it. People are running Viper these days again because of that - it’s an easy to proc free damage that comes with no downsides even if it’s not a DoT.

It’s the same here. The set is easy to proc in a short cooldown. Given how expensive purging is I’d also say the set is quite strong.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    What really stands out is the ease to proc it. People are running Viper these days again because of that - it’s an easy to proc free damage that comes with no downsides even if it’s not a DoT.

It’s the same here. The set is easy to proc in a short cooldown. Given how expensive purging is I’d also say the set is quite strong.

The ease to proc it is there to match the ease at which debuffs are applied to you.

Think about it this way: how many debuffs do you apply per second? If it is more than one, this sets ability to cleanse will be overwhelmed. And you always apply at least 1 debuff per second if you have siphoner. And thats just 1v1.

The set is strong compared to purging yes, but that's only because purge is so bad. I mean, i havent seen it used outside of a dedicated purge spammer in a ballgroup like, ever.
    Options
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I truly regret I didn't recorded duel I saw yesterday in Rawlka. One of the guys literally had like 15 debuffs on him and that was after few seconds of fight, it looks strong on paper but TBH you'll see that it won't be as powerful as you think.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    Feanor wrote: »

The ease to proc it is there to match the ease at which debuffs are applied to you.

Think about it this way: how many debuffs do you apply per second? If it is more than one, this sets ability to cleanse will be overwhelmed. And you always apply at least 1 debuff per second if you have siphoner. And thats just 1v1.

The set is strong compared to purging yes, but that's only because purge is so bad. I mean, i havent seen it used outside of a dedicated purge spammer in a ballgroup like, ever.

Well, how many debuffs a Sorc can apply in noCP? It's 3 at most, and only if you run Elemental Drain, a poison or status effect enchant, and Shadowrend. 4 if you count the DoT from Clench. You don't have all those within 2 seconds.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options