The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Oceanic Lag now 300-400 ms even with a vpn - was 250-300??

• NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    still relevant
    Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.
    Options
  • CH77
    CH77
    ✭✭✭
    Just logged on for the first time in two weeks to find things are still the same.

I unsubbed last month. I think I'll uninstall the game now, free up some disc space, play some other things for a while.

Any "can I has your stuffz" comments won't work cos I intend on returning when (if??) this is fixed haha!

Here's hoping.... cos I have really enjoyed this game and invested a lot into it :(
    Options
  • ruengdet2515
    ruengdet2515
    ✭✭✭
    200-300 always and play like this for long.
    Options
  • NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    back to the front page
    Options
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the main reason there are just a few oceanic guild an mainly just small clicke groups at that. Oceanic times in this game is dead
    Edited by Bhaal5 on December 10, 2018 9:50PM
    Options
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A lot of people I know who were suffering from this issue had it resolved by using mudfish.
    Options
  • TempPlayer
    TempPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, the last patch mentioned something about lag. Does anyone get any lag improvement post-patch? Cause it is same old lag here.
    Options
  • DoTHurts
    DoTHurts
    ✭✭✭
    MudFish used to make a big difference for me, now It's about the same with/without 380-410.
    Options
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive started using mudfish. Ping is 280-330ish which is good for me. Middle of know where QLD. Was 400+ a month ago. I dont know who to blame anymore.
    Options
  • fallentemplar
    fallentemplar
    ✭✭✭
    i can agree lag for Australians is horrible
    Options
  • MW2K
    MW2K
    ✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    Ive started using mudfish. Ping is 280-330ish which is good for me. Middle of know where QLD. Was 400+ a month ago. I dont know who to blame anymore.

Hahaha, you don't live in Banana do you?

Northern Rivers of NSW here, near Lismore. I get 300-350ms and that's on ADSL2+. No NBN here for me until February.
    Lighting braziers and dispelling wards in Tamriel since 1994
    Options
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MW2K wrote: »

Northern Rivers of NSW here, near Lismore. I get 300-350ms and that's on ADSL2+. No NBN here for me until February.

Weipa QLD NBN. But had the same on ADSL2+ Mudfish definitely helping of late
    Options
  • Rylisin
    Rylisin
    ✭✭✭
    This is still a massive issue and now I can barely even quest on my characters. Still 330+ with constant spikes and DC's. Again, not me as I can play my other mmo games without these issues. RIP to guild runs or any form of gameplay, This is beyond ridiculous now and at 10 pages ZoS continues to ignore us :angry:
    PC | NA - NZ Player. Played since mid 2016, CP 1380+ An autistic, tired, coffee driven Kiwi. I draw a lot of fantasy and things.Cirion Adaine - Warden / Crafter | - Niryahil Adaine - NB healer - Ciara Ruhaerin - Nightblade something something, and a few alts for good measure.
    Options
  • Yvarhna
    Yvarhna
    ✭✭✭
    I have just returned to the game and instantly regret it. Constant lag spikes, DC's....this makes it really hard to continue playing. The lag is definitely worse than it was before, it really has become almost unplayable. I'm not happy at all.
    Options
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS don’t care. They joke about it in the patch notes!
    Options
  • Rylisin
    Rylisin
    ✭✭✭
    Not going to lie, I am at the point I'm wishing I could get a refund for Summerset since I'm literally unable to play the content I paid for. Too late to do anything about it, they got the money and they're happy. Wont be buying anything else that's for sure.

Feels Zos is just "Oh no, the motifs not dropping from HM of the new dungeons? Better get onto that asap, let players know that it'll be fixed! Oceanic player base experiencing unplayable lag? Yeah right, nothing to see here, move along. We don't care. We'll even make jokes about it in the patch notes! "

PC | NA - NZ Player. Played since mid 2016, CP 1380+ An autistic, tired, coffee driven Kiwi. I draw a lot of fantasy and things.Cirion Adaine - Warden / Crafter | - Niryahil Adaine - NB healer - Ciara Ruhaerin - Nightblade something something, and a few alts for good measure.
    Options
  • NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shame on ZOS

ignoring this community while actively visiting and advertising the game here.

FIX YOUR SH*T
    Options
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try the tip from this thread...

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/448084/psa-a-simple-trick-to-help-reduce-lag/p1

If you are on PC the addon ArkadiusGuildRosterUpdateBlock can help, it applies the tip fix automatically. Also I use Votan's Advance Settings.

There is suppose to be a Akamai Net Session Client that can help navigate through the Akamai system faster, no idea how to get but seen a few people say they have it and it helps.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Can you see if you can supply this to players from Akamai, make it part of the logger?
    Edited by Grimm13 on December 18, 2018 3:13PM
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
    Options
  • Kiwi
    Kiwi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Akamai Net Session Client is not the solution
    it never was and never will be, stop spreading false information
    A large yellow rectangle

Options
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MW2K wrote: »

No. I just moved from Palmerston act where I had FTTH yes, house. I now play off my tethered phone in rural NSW.

My ping has gone from 350 to 430

If I use my satellite NBN, it's 2 full seconds. Not sure how that meets the definition of broadband.

This is NOT a LOCALISED issue. It reeks of a national level restriction. We'll see if it improves after the online sales season ends.

Then we blame Gerry Harvey.
    Options
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For high ping players , you better...

Play DPS - HA build
    or
    Play tank

But ZOS modified the offense pattern unfortunately , LA is very important since last few patches .

If you have 300+ ping with unstable lag spikes .
    Think about it , you used 1~2 seconds to swap bar , skills delayed , all response delayed ! your DPS is just acceptable with good rotation I guess ...

There is no NEW server in the coming future , never even ZOS has very good profit :)

Options
  • Rylisin
    Rylisin
    ✭✭✭
    HA builds only work if you can get a heavy attack off. Or a skill for that matter. The lag is bad enough now that even that's not reliable, nor is HA / slow barswapping. We can't even do that :disappointed: heck, I can barely talk to NPC's somedays when Im just trying to do a quest.

Any role is just as bad if you require any skill or form of gameplay. I've been forced to switch out from NB dps to a healer, and it's slightly better since a lot of my skills are HoT and my friends are smart enough to stay out of the dumb but its still a pain. My Magden dps and all other alts have been abandoned due to being unplayable.

Here's an old link to an old vMA run I tried back when the ping started to get super bad prior to Nerfmire:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/9363vedviux4xo6/2018-10-19 11-21-33.mp4?dl=0
    This is what most of us are dealing with. I'm no pro / score runner and was still learning the mechanics, and was just messing around for the sake of the recording to show guildmates how nasty it was. Prior to this i could get to round 4-5 without dying if it was a good day.
    Options
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are any of the ZoS employees going to respond to this or are they going to sit there in silence as usual the *** muppets?
    Options
  • AboKor
    AboKor
    ✭✭✭
    I gave up and even accept to ping 250-270 (with paid and always working ExitLag) but since October my ping 370-500 - and it's with ExitLag on... If I turn it off, it will go with huge spikes to 390-550-999++...
    I am so tired
    Since october NO any trials to me..
    What should I do? Gather batterfly, housing.. is that's all what i can do in this game??

Bangkok. Thailand
    Edited by AboKor on December 19, 2018 5:26AM
    Furniture crafting PC EU
    Options
  • Matchimus
    Matchimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mudfish has made a difference for me. Before 330+. Now averaging around 260 (with alot less spikes) which is OK for me for what i potter around and do in game. Mudfish seems to be good value but the cynic in me does wonder if ZOS receives commission from Mudfish on traffic to their game...but surely lost subscriptions and in game purchases would outweigh this?

I do find it a little disconcerting the lack of any reassurance from ZOS in this thread. Onto page 10 and not a peep (maybe they have commented elsewhere?). The only presence I do seem to see from them on these forums (being a player of 3 mths) 'You cant say that. Have deleted posts. Thread locked'.
    Options
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My questions is, Why bother with a game where you have to use a 3rd party service to get mediocre results? Yes anything in the SEA region is going to get lag, but there is normal and then there is eso.

When (for the pc guys) there a heaps better mmos that out perform eso by years (performance and content) and all you have to do is 'log on'. No third party vpn needed
    Options
  • MrGarlic
    MrGarlic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^And that's exactly it.^

We accept our 220ms latency due to geographical limitations, being on the other side of the huge Pacific ocean. That's fine.

It's the extra 50%-100% (with random 999+ thrown in,) increase of latency induced by Akamai due to poor routing implementation for the Asia-Pacific region that is unacceptable.

Until then I will feed my ESO horses and log off to go play Guild Wars 2 where I get 220ms ping.

Maybe one day ZOS will do something to fix this and when that day happens, all my horses will be at 60-60-60 :)

My new signature.
    B7Fwd5U.jpg

'Sharp Arrows'Mr.Garlic
    Hidden by darkness, a shadow in the night,A sped arrow dissecting the gloom,Finding it's target, such delight.
    Options
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I curious as to why you guys think that ZOS controls how your internet service provider routes your data?
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
    Options
  • GlorphNoldorin
    GlorphNoldorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    A lot of people I know who were suffering from this issue had it resolved by using mudfish.

I wouldn't say resolved at all. I use mudfish to get the ping I got natively a few years ago. My native ping has gone from less than 300 to nearly 400 over the years . With mudfish I get sometimes briefly under 300 and usually 310ish and above in PVE. In high lag areas such as PVP, Black Rose Prison, vma this latency is essentially un playable for competitive purposes.

The recent akamai changes have brought the effectiveness of mudfish down. High end pve and pvp is a completely different game in Oceania compared to those with ping around 100.

Its clear to see on so many levels that ZOS cares for little but profitability(I can understand that) and it is almost certain that the continued decline of Oceania participation will continue.
    Options
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its clear to see on so many levels that ZOS cares for little but profitability(I can understand that) and it is almost certain that the continued decline of Oceania participation will continue.

Again,

I curious as to why you guys think that ZOS controls how your internet service provider routes your data?
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
    Options
This discussion has been closed.