Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Class Rep] Werewolf Feedback Thread

• Skelfish
    Skelfish
    ✭✭✭
    @Mr_Wolfe

The others will surely get back to you with more detail, but I can already see that if you replaced Hulking Draugr with Hunding's Rage then you'd bump up your parse. While max stamina has a bigger effect on werewolf damage than it did before, weapon damage as a stat is still a more beneficial/optimal choice.

Your current armor sets are more popular together in a PVP setting where the max stamina overall usefulness for survivability is greater than the need for weapon damage.

You haven't posted your CP publicly, but shuffling more toward maximizing the light attack damage with the Atronach constellation will also give you more of a bump than you'd think. Because the bleed gets refreshed so often in a PVE setting Thaumaturge is not as useful to werewolves as it is for other stamina classes.
  • ta2johnny
    ta2johnny
    Soul Shriven
    I am probably one of the few who prefer the WW before the patch. The synergies are nice, and the healing, however if given the chance I'd say take me back. Why? To me it's not as fun. I'm not a meta build player, last build on my main wolf in battle grounds was Maw of Infernal, Morkeldun and Mad Tinkerer, why? For the fun of it, not max dps ect ect. Thats the point is the fun of it. WW is still my fav, yet it does not hold the same appeal as a couple months ago, not to me or even my all WW guild, most of the members are now moving away from WW... Sometimes it seems as if ZOS punishes players for having fun.
  • Mr_Wolfe
    Mr_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    Skelfish wrote: »
    @Mr_Wolfe

The others will surely get back to you with more detail, but I can already see that if you replaced Hulking Draugr with Hunding's Rage then you'd bump up your parse. While max stamina has a bigger effect on werewolf damage than it did before, weapon damage as a stat is still a more beneficial/optimal choice

Your current armor sets are more popular together in a PVP setting where the max stamina overall usefulness for survivability is greater than the need for weapon damage.

You haven't posted your CP publicly, but shuffling more toward maximizing the light attack damage with the Atronach constellation will also give you more of a bump than you'd think. Because the bleed gets refreshed so often in a PVE setting Thaumaturge is not as useful to werewolves as it is for other stamina classes.

Thanks, I appreciate the input.

I'd heard the opposite though: that max stam contributes more to a WW's damage now. I also find that even with almost 50k stam in wolf form, I have to be careful not to run out since I'm not running a slapwolf.

This was originally my PvP character, but he's since become my main for PvE as well because he's more fun to play and (as of Wolfhunter) parses higher than any of my other characters. In PvP I swap Shacklebreaker and Selene's for tankier sets.

As for CP, the last time I parsed I had 35 in Physical Weapon Expert, 56 in Master at Arms, 56 in Thaumaturge, 60 in Piercing, and 43 in Mighty. Though I'm planning to change it now that the cap has been raised enough to go 120/120/30 in each group.

Regarding Hundings: TBH I haven't really looked at it since around Clockwork City. Back then I was running Hulking Draugr+Fortified Brass+Slimecraw in PvP, and did a few parses switching the Fortified Brass for Hundings to see how it would do...

...and despite having more max stam, weapon damage, and weapon crit on my character sheet, I consistently parsed lower with Hundings than Fortified Brass. :/

Edited by Mr_Wolfe on November 8, 2018 8:14PM
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AuldWolf wrote: »
    Chrlynsch wrote: »
    No toggle please.
    Is there any good reason to say that other than elitism?

[ ...a lot of good stuff...]

So, yeah, what's the reason werewolf shouldn't operate as a toggle?

Just adding my voice to what others have said. I run a lot of werewolf characters, and they are great fun! I oppose a toggle because the ravenous need to feed and the temporary nature of the form fit the lore and feel of the werewolf. It also balances things a bit. To make an OP werewolf tends to gimp you a little when not in form and especially just as / after you transform back. That said, one can now clear dungeons and solo PvE for hours without losing form. I'm really pleased with where werewolves are right now.

Still, I wonder if a gold food or purple potion that halts the timer for its duration but offers weaker stats than comparable consumables would scratch the toggle itch without triggering WW nerfs elsewhere.

• Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just letting everyone know that Kena is in the gold vendor this week-end, no more excuses.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aznox wrote: »
    Just letting everyone know that Kena is in the gold vendor this week-end, no more excuses.

There's that tone again. Anyone joining or hitting level 50 after Sunday clearly has no "excuse" now.

Thanks for the advice and help, but I'm dipping out. Been fun.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll try to include a smiley into each and everyone of my posts to make for up for my limited mastery of the English language :)
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭

QUESTIONS: regarding WW dungeon/pledges group

1. would you like to see a new weapon enchantment: "taunt" enchantment?
    2. what about frost staff on the same bar as WW -- i.e. does your heavy attack taunt while in WW form?
    3. if the Tormentor armor set worked with pounce, would that be great for tanking in WW form or more problems than worth?
    4. should the WW heal skill have one morph option to "heal all WW within X meters ..."

I been having fun the past couple weeks running WW dungeon groups. Normally one WW queue as tank role. and we go as 3 WW + 1 healer.
    Wondering about an "optimal" or just stronger group composition to allow us to run more difficult dungeons, like maybe vet DLC. (?)

Anybody running all 4 WW dungoens?
    Would you recommend 1 or 2 WW wear specific armor sets?
    Such as: Tank-Heal set (Leeching Plate, Liverwire, etc.) or Group Heal set (Amalexia, or Draugr Rest or Bogden monster, etc.)

Wondering how other WW groups run dungeons ...
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never run with other wolves, but I have soloed vet dungeons in werewolf form. The only time it will drop is if you are fighting a boss that doesn't spawn adds you can eat. (Having Pack Leader helps with this as your wolves can hold aggro long enough for you to eat.) I suppose one could run away and pounce back repeatedly if they took the Feral morph, but I took Brutal for clearing trash packs better. And as far as group healing goes.... I would say ww self healing is strong enough that a dedicated healer would not be required.

Of course, my werewolf wears heavy armor and has 64 points in health + a lot of healing CP focus. Medium armor wolves might have a tougher time soloing harder content.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    Would Automaton+Night Mothers Gaze+Troll King be a decent VMA build for a beginner WW stamsorc? I'm also thinking about Chudan instead of TK.

Figured I would let you know that my first full attempt at VMA on a WW start to finish yesterday ended up a Flawless run. I had only ever done the last round as WW before.

I had stated before but just in case.
    5 Heavy Seventh Legion all Inpen (lol)
    5 Briarheart (2 swift 1 robust)
    2 Troll King (1 well fitted)

All tristat glyphs Thief mundus. Full PvP CP. Health Stam Crit potion. Orc Stam sorc.
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    Would Automaton+Night Mothers Gaze+Troll King be a decent VMA build for a beginner WW stamsorc? I'm also thinking about Chudan instead of TK.

Figured I would let you know that my first full attempt at VMA on a WW start to finish yesterday ended up a Flawless run. I had only ever done the last round as WW before.

All tristat glyphs Thief mundus. Full PvP CP. Health Stam Crit potion. Orc Stam sorc.
    Nice, congrats man. Honestly heavy armor doesn't seem like a bad option for WWs in VMA, cuz when I ran the arena on my WW (and gave up in the middle due to lag -_-) last weekend I was having issues with magicka sustain. I was also wearing Chudan instead of TK, which is probably why I had to use my heals more often.

I'm gonna keep this build in mind for PvP later lol.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Nice, congrats man. Honestly heavy armor doesn't seem like a bad option for WWs in VMA, cuz when I ran the arena on my WW (and gave up in the middle due to lag -_-) last weekend I was having issues with magicka sustain. I was also wearing Chudan instead of TK, which is probably why I had to use my heals more often.

I'm gonna keep this build in mind for PvP later lol.

Lol. That is a partial build that I use for PvP but not quite. I run Bogdan with that in PvP because they both proc it also it heals other wolves in PvP. With those two and Claws of Life that works great. And scales great too. The more enemies the more Briarheart and Seveth proc. The more enemies the more Claws of Life heals. Those all give better uptime on Bogdan. ( if standing in Bogdan it give 2x the heals of troll king and heals everyone)

As far as VMA those together made it to where I didn’t really even heal in there. I would say the entire time I used the WW heal maybe 5-7 times. I did occasionally alternate to vitality potions when needed. Bogdan is too stationary for VMA
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WW bleed procs enchants. I am pretty sure that this is a bug and it should be fixed.
    qma21wys2jdx.png

Because I can!
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    WW bleed procs enchants. I am pretty sure that this is a bug and it should be fixed.
    qma21wys2jdx.png

I think they fixed that with upcoming patches. Don’t know what you play on.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    qma21wys2jdx.png

I play EU PC and it happened last night. That is why I posted the bug.
    Because I can!
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    qma21wys2jdx.png

I play EU PC and it happened last night. That is why I posted the bug.

That assumes it´s a bug to begin with. The patch notes clearly says weapon damage ability DoTs shouldn´t proc enchants. I´m not saying it´s intended or not, just saying what´s written. No matter if it´s intended or not, we´ll most likely get to know in a near future if that´s the case :)
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PVE

Hi there , my WW is running Relequen + Blood Moon , the performance is good , I just clear VMA & VMHK HM last week , how funny :D

Right now I want to try something different , do you all have other build recommendation base on the WW perk please ?

Such as bleeding build , hybrid build or something like that ?

Thanks a lot !
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Werewolf light attacks are similar to any light attack in humanoid form. Why shouldn’t enchants proc if you swing with a hand vs. a sword vs. a staff?
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's official - Today Gina wrote:

Thanks all, this is indeed a bug and we're currently testing a fix for it. Light Attack Bleeds from werewolves should not proc enchants every tick.

(You can find this in the Dev Tracker)
    Edited by Maryal on November 16, 2018 4:03PM
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maryal wrote: »
    It's official - Today Gina wrote:

Thanks all, this is indeed a bug and we're currently testing a fix for it. Light Attack Bleeds from werewolves should not proc enchants every tick.

(You can find this in the Dev Tracker)

What's official? That werewolf bleeds are supposed to proc enchants? Because thats what it says.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

After a couple failed tries with a medium armor build, I decided to just copy your build exactly since I already had all the pieces anyways and ended up getting Flawless lmao. The healing you get from these sets in HA is INSANE, I feel like I could've gotten away with an offensive monster set. Appreciate everyone's advice here. :smiley::bawling:

Can't wait to try the same build in PvP now.
  • MakoRuu
    MakoRuu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tonight I had a bit of a bug where I was stuck in my werewolf weapons bar. I was in a delve in Auridon, just getting sky shards and minding my own business, when I transformed into my werewolf form to fight the delve boss, cause I like to use my transformation. When after the fight, I was cleaning up some ads that I dropped out of my form midway through the timer bar.

I still had my werewolf bar up, but I could no longer use the skills on it. I could not weapon swap, either. But, I maintained the damage increase that werewolves get, and could hold 42k dps with just light attacks. (Bloodmoon/Relequen)

I could eat, I could fast travel, I could move around, I could use momentoes, I could interact with doors and loot. But I just couldn't weapon swap or use skills.

I tried reloadui, didn't work. I tried dying to NPCs, didn't work, I tried dying to players, and that still didn't work.

I tried relogging and shutting down the entire client. And that still didn't work.

However, I noticed that even though I could not weapon swap or use skills, I was still building ultimate. So I transformed back into a werewolf and just sat there and let the timer run out naturally. Lo and behold, this fixed the problem! So if you're stuck out of werewolf with this bug, the fix is transforming again and letting it run out naturally.

I hope this helps someone. Cause I was pretty worried I'd have to contact ZoS and file a ticket and wait like three weeks to get this fixed.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5669170
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

After a couple failed tries with a medium armor build, I decided to just copy your build exactly since I already had all the pieces anyways and ended up getting Flawless lmao. The healing you get from these sets in HA is INSANE, I feel like I could've gotten away with an offensive monster set. Appreciate everyone's advice here. :smiley::bawling:

Can't wait to try the same build in PvP now.

Good stuff. Yea one of my friends got Flawless with this build on two different Werewolves. I think he swapped to Infernal guardian after his first run.

In PvP with that build I use Bogdan. With those sets it’s practically a 60-70% uptime with better healing than troll king. This also heals teammates/ other wolves( WW’s and there wolves too. With claws of life I really like the scaling.

More enemies more Claws of life heals more Briar and 7th proc chance and more Bogdan.

It also kinda helps with standing your ground when your fight 2-3 people.

@ccmedaddy
    Edited by Koolio on December 15, 2018 4:58PM
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol they said howl isn’t used in pvp. That’s so not true.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wish that the ultimate cost was lower since you don't gain ult while transformed. Even 255 ult on a sorc is a bit much, seeing as how you can go a while in Cyrodiil without seeing someone and lose the transformation, then you have to build up to 325 ult again. It's should cost somewhere around 120, or at least give back some ult when changing back that's in proportion to how much time you had left in the transformation.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • crazywolfpusher
    crazywolfpusher
    ✭✭✭
    So nobody will talk about how Werewolf is getting nerfed because of pvp?
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=xNpO0_iwcX8

th3asiangod already did some test and the bleed nerf is huge for pve.

• Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But it is bc pve. Accept
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • spacebandit
    spacebandit
    ✭✭✭

Seems excessive to me but what do I know. It’s not like you have to sacrifice dps out of ww form to build for it. Or that it was already hard capped well below what classes are capped at.

Time to drop it I guess cause it’s just gonna be dead weight if it goes live.
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But it is bc pve. Accept

Pvers usually aren't the ones complaining about getting shredded by constant bleed damage in battlegrounds though.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But it is bc pve. Accept

Pvers usually aren't the ones complaining about getting shredded by constant bleed damage in battlegrounds though.

The change to werewolf bleed has most likely nothing to do with how werewolf perform in either PvP or PvE. Werewolf has two DoT´s in their toolkit and ZOS changed how DoT´s work this patch.

Werewolf is fine for next patch. Improvise, adapt, overcome. :)