The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Class Rep] Werewolf Feedback Thread

• crazywolfpusher
    crazywolfpusher
    ✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

Werewolf is fine for next patch. Improvise, adapt, overcome. :)

The bleed duration changed to 4 seconds which means the 3 resulting ticks going to be quite big and a little bursty.
    For PvP thats is a perfect compensation and will not make them weaker.

What worried me is the pve aspect which is obviusly touched. I think all dots that have lost their first tick have received an increase in their damage to mitigate that loss. And here comes the problem, werewolf bleed didnt received a buff to mitigate that loss.

• Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So nobody will talk about how Werewolf is getting nerfed because of pvp?
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=xNpO0_iwcX8

th3asiangod already did some test and the bleed nerf is huge for pve.

But it is bc pve. Accept

Pvers usually aren't the ones complaining about getting shredded by constant bleed damage in battlegrounds though.

The change to werewolf bleed has most likely nothing to do with how werewolf perform in either PvP or PvE. Werewolf has two DoT´s in their toolkit and ZOS changed how DoT´s work this patch.

Of course they're still "fine." They've lost about 5K dps, but it's not like people are running them in vAS or vCR anyway so it doesn't affect much for pve until a new set comes out that can replace Blood Moon. PvP will still have werewolves tearing through people while being tanky and the amount of crying won't really change.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Werewolf is now able to keep the full potential of their bleed damage while weaving abilities... before you would barely gain any dps by giving up light attack spam.

A new class also was created that could give players 100% empower uptime. I wonder who has the highest light attack damage and who might benefit the most from 100% uptime of empower...
    Edited by Chrlynsch on April 30, 2019 12:00PM
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • crazywolfpusher
    crazywolfpusher
    ✭✭✭
    Chrlynsch wrote: »
    Werewolf is now able to keep the full potential of their bleed damage while weaving abilities... before you would barely gain any dps by giving up light attack spam.

Weaving what abilities? outisde pvp realm Howl is a dps loss and you dont spam claws to talk about weaving abilities.

All LA builds will benefit from necro Empower, and thats only for optimized trials groups where WW is not a thing.

Edited by crazywolfpusher on May 1, 2019 2:38AM
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Weaving what abilities? outisde pvp realm Howl is a dps loss and you dont spam claws to talk about weaving abilities.

All LA builds will benefit from necro Empower, and thats only for optimized trials groups where WW is not a thing.

Idk I am still pulling 50k on the pts with my wolf... Howl Weaving gives me a dps boost.
    Caius
    PC NA
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But it is bc pve. Accept

Pvers usually aren't the ones complaining about getting shredded by constant bleed damage in battlegrounds though.

The change to werewolf bleed has most likely nothing to do with how werewolf perform in either PvP or PvE. Werewolf has two DoT´s in their toolkit and ZOS changed how DoT´s work this patch.

Of course they're still "fine." They've lost about 5K dps, but it's not like people are running them in vAS or vCR anyway so it doesn't affect much for pve until a new set comes out that can replace Blood Moon. PvP will still have werewolves tearing through people while being tanky and the amount of crying won't really change.

Where do people keep getting this 5k number from?
    Caius
    PC NA
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But it is bc pve. Accept

A video linked on the previous page from t3hasiangod. https://youtube.com/watch?v=xNpO0_iwcX8
    Edited by Tsar_Gekkou on May 1, 2019 5:22PM
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But it is bc pve. Accept

A video linked on the previous page from t3hasiangod. https://youtube.com/watch?v=xNpO0_iwcX8

But werewolf can still achieve 49.9k dps on a 6mil dummy self buffed on pts... same as what he says he can pull on live. Even straight light attacking and claws of life up is still 47k. Not sure why he removed all points from dot cp either... kinda a big one to remove when bleeds and relequen are such a large part of the dps.
    Caius
    PC NA
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by Chrlynsch on May 2, 2019 3:46AM
    Caius
    PC NA
  • spacebandit
    spacebandit
    ✭✭✭
    That’s an insane amount of damage to get from a set. No wonder the best I could get with bloodmoon/hunting’s/Kenna was only about 38k
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Healing
    2. Cleansing

I've never had trouble staying in form. Primarily use feral pounce to maintain form, not devour. Ressurection, well, let the dead guy worry about that. Lol! ;)
    Edited by purple-magicb16_ESO on May 2, 2019 7:39PM
    I don't comment here often but when I do, I get [snip]
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@crazywolfpusher

Q1Fx57Y.jpg
    Here is an optimized Werewolf set up for light attack spam, Kena/Rele/Blood moon the only ability used is Claws weaved in when duration expires not during a Blood moon proc.

FGnsprH.jpg
    Here is the same set up utilizing howl weaving when Kena proc is up and Blood moon proc is down. Notice a boost in dps.

E1pNz6f.jpg
    Here we completely drop Blood moon for essence thief, this set will increase all damage while restoring extra stamina for increased weaving of howls. As you can see Weaving abilities on a werewolf is not a bad idea.

As for saying that All LA builds will benefit from empower, yes that is true but werewolves can have 4x as much damage from light attacks as regular builds, empower is a stronger buff for werewolf than anyone else especially when utilizing Blood Moon.
    Caius
    PC NA
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How is the WW gap Closer now?

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@crazywolfpusher

Q1Fx57Y.jpg
    Here is an optimized Werewolf set up for light attack spam, Kena/Rele/Blood moon the only ability used is Claws weaved in when duration expires not during a Blood moon proc.

FGnsprH.jpg
    Here is the same set up utilizing howl weaving when Kena proc is up and Blood moon proc is down. Notice a boost in dps.

E1pNz6f.jpg
    Here we completely drop Blood moon for essence thief, this set will increase all damage while restoring extra stamina for increased weaving of howls. As you can see Weaving abilities on a werewolf is not a bad idea.

As for saying that All LA builds will benefit from empower, yes that is true but werewolves can have 4x as much damage from light attacks as regular builds, empower is a stronger buff for werewolf than anyone else especially when utilizing Blood Moon.

Big ouff!!!
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ugh I guess I'll have to farm Essence Thief after all -.-
  • crazywolfpusher
    crazywolfpusher
    ✭✭✭
    @Chrlynsch
    I was refering to weaving as spam Howl after every light attack, and in that scnario will be a dps loss because you have to stop when BM proc.
    I also use it once every, 10 seconds maybe? to share the synergie and add another source of damage.
    In your second parse you did use Howl every 5-6 seconds or during execute?, and stopped when BM proc which is the right way.

For your third parse, im curious about Essence Thief, the 10% damage is acumulative? because your LA maximum damage is almost the same as using BM which increase the damage of LA for 30%.
    Without having to worry for BM proc and that crazy sustain weaving-spam Howl seems pretty solid.

• Berronax
    Berronax
    Love playing my werewolf, only thing I hate is just how huge the ultimate cost is, it takes ages to build up, and once you activate the form it then feels stressful trying to keep the buff up by sprinting to new mob packs to kill & eat, and I feel that stress because of how expensive the ult is, so if it drops off it's going to take me ages to build it up again.

I came across the Salvation Armour Set and liked the idea of it, but it was seemingly just too weak to justify wearing, and the 33% cost reduction while nice simply didn't look like enough to compensate for the damage loss.

I think it would be cool if the Salvation set was buffed to a 50% cost reduction and the weapon damage increase while in WW form upped to 400.

I'm no theory crafter, actually I'm quite the newb atm, so idk if this would be overpowered
    PC - EU.
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What CP are pve werewolves using these days?
    Xbox NA healer main
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have only one problem.

Sub 50 Pvp: werewolfs get all passives and skills at level 10 chracter if the player strait out farm WW. All other classes get their passives and actives around 45lvl. But on top of this, best WW counters (Fighters G) is not unlocked at sub 50 players if they dont farm FGs.

Result is there are naxed WW players that cant beat others at normal pvp go to sub 50 to pub stomp weaker toons. Weaker toong dont have FG passives or DB do counter them.

How to fix: sub 50 WW should be nerfed without touching +50lvl werewolfs. This way, future WW buffs wont make sub 50 pvp worse.
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have only one problem.

Sub 50 Pvp: werewolfs get all passives and skills at level 10 chracter if the player strait out farm WW. All other classes get their passives and actives around 45lvl. But on top of this, best WW counters (Fighters G) is not unlocked at sub 50 players if they dont farm FGs.

Result is there are naxed WW players that cant beat others at normal pvp go to sub 50 to pub stomp weaker toons. Weaker toong dont have FG passives or DB do counter them.

How to fix: sub 50 WW should be nerfed without touching +50lvl werewolfs. This way, future WW buffs wont make sub 50 pvp worse.

WW is super weak in no CP PVP. Also WW is already getting nerfed for like the 3rd straight patch. Just git gud, mate.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have only one problem.

WW is super weak in no CP PVP. Also WW is already getting nerfed for like the 3rd straight patch. Just git gud, mate.

Idk where this nerf is everyone keeps talking about.
    Caius
    PC NA
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have only one problem.

Losing the bleed refresh is massive in pvp. That's like 3000 damage a second I'm losing on players. And with NBs getting silence added to Incap, solo play is going to be worse than ever. No healing for three seconds means more sprinting, dodge rolling, and consequently much less sustain. How is this not a nerf to WW play in PVP? Are we getting something to compensate? I'm not seeing your silver lining.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have only one problem.

Losing the bleed refresh is massive in pvp. That's like 3000 damage a second I'm losing on players. And with NBs getting silence added to Incap, solo play is going to be worse than ever. No healing for three seconds means more sprinting, dodge rolling, and consequently much less sustain. How is this not a nerf to WW play in PVP? Are we getting something to compensate? I'm not seeing your silver lining.

Let me guess you haven't tested the change...
    Caius
    PC NA
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Werewolf imho lacks an ability to taunt. Especially if you consider that Necromancer using Bone Goliath Transformation ulti still can use normal skills (that also include taunt). Also Necro ulti (very similar to WW ulti) provides huge bonus to survivability and dmg for a limited time.

Right now WW is only used as a DPS role (with a very limited build diversity), and in PvP (also with a very niche builds).

Adding a taunt would unlock tanking role and also would improve build diversity by a lot, since tanks have a lot to chose from, when it comes to gear.

This can be done in several ways and all of them would be a good option:
    - Add taunt to heavy attacks to one of the ww ulti morphs.
    - Taunt effect can be added to Infectious Claws skill (Claws of Life morph seems to be a good candidate for it).
    - Add a WW passive that will simply check if you have shield or frost staff equipped. If yes then your heavy attacks will taout enemies. If no, then your light attacks would have some small buff (like more resources recovery or something like that. Something small and insignificant not to make it OP).

So, please class reps, look into it.

I mean, it would even make sense. Imagine this scenario: You are a mob guarding a dungeon. You see a mage, a rogue with a bow and a Werewolf. Who is most dangerous & who should be dealt with in a 1st place ?
  • diredoobbs
    diredoobbs
    Soul Shriven
    Werewolf imho lacks an ability to taunt. Especially if you consider that Necromancer using Bone Goliath Transformation ulti still can use normal skills (that also include taunt). Also Necro ulti (very similar to WW ulti) provides huge bonus to survivability and dmg for a limited time.

Right now WW is only used as a DPS role (with a very limited build diversity), and in PvP (also with a very niche builds).

Adding a taunt would unlock tanking role and also would improve build diversity by a lot, since tanks have a lot to chose from, when it comes to gear.

- Taunt effect can be added to Infectious Claws skill (Claws of Life morph seems to be a good candidate for it).
    - Add a WW passive that will simply check if you have shield or frost staff equipped. If yes then your heavy attacks will taout enemies. If no, then your light attacks would have some small buff (like more resources recovery or something like that. Something small and insignificant not to make it OP).

I mean, it would even make sense. Imagine this scenario: You are a mob guarding a dungeon. You see a mage, a rogue with a bow and a Werewolf. Who is most dangerous & who should be dealt with in a 1st place ?

this is everything i needed ever, thank you for just saying this
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Of all things werewolf miss, a taunt would be one of the lasts things tbh. Easiest way to resolve this would be to let tormentor set proc from pounce.
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    Ugh I guess I'll have to farm Essence Thief after all -.-

Lucky I got it. Axe 2h and I think jewelry or armor pieces. I try to test it out and I’m like meh over it.
    NA-Xbox one- Ebonheart Pact- Nord Tank DK
    PC-NA Ebonheart Pact Nord Stam Templar
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried it yesterday highest I got on the atro was 93k more is possible obviously. Highest I got on the 3 mil with puncture was 58k and the 6mill was 56k. Essence theif and spamming shouts instead of brain less light attack spam felt so much better so did having to go and get the essence that was honestly a fun mechanic that made it more rewarding. Now that will be troublesome at times. I would suggest just using dubious and stormfist for sustain. You can drop Relequen and slot vicious ophidian if need more sustain. But I was genuinely fine with stormfist and dubious with some heavies thrown in. Heavies will have to be used.

Much funner werewolf experience than the horrid light attack it was at. The claws of life heal is nicer too since they upped the damage of the dot. The AOE component of it does 10k tooltip more than spin so good AOE option in trash pulls and the dot is 2k more than my howl so it's solid damage worth keeping up especially for the added heals.

10/10 very fun and strongk
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tried it yesterday highest I got on the atro was 93k more is possible obviously. Highest I got on the 3 mil with puncture was 58k and the 6mill was 56k. Essence theif and spamming shouts instead of brain less light attack spam felt so much better so did having to go and get the essence that was honestly a fun mechanic that made it more rewarding. Now that will be troublesome at times. I would suggest just using dubious and stormfist for sustain. You can drop Relequen and slot vicious ophidian if need more sustain. But I was genuinely fine with stormfist and dubious with some heavies thrown in. Heavies will have to be used.

Much funner werewolf experience than the horrid light attack it was at. The claws of life heal is nicer too since they upped the damage of the dot. The AOE component of it does 10k tooltip more than spin so good AOE option in trash pulls and the dot is 2k more than my howl so it's solid damage worth keeping up especially for the added heals.

10/10 very fun and strongk

One time after wolf hunter. My dps parse was like 28k if I get good weaving and no lag to deal with I might get more.
    When I was doing this trial run with a bunch of randoms for AA we kept failing at the ghost boss. Before when I was running with another 2 random group and those 2 groups did fine. But for some reason this group calls out me because I’m in ww and they think ww can’t dps. Even though it’s after wolf hunter patch came out. It makes me think that some players are stuck in the ole eso days.
    NA-Xbox one- Ebonheart Pact- Nord Tank DK
    PC-NA Ebonheart Pact Nord Stam Templar
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Of all things werewolf miss, a taunt would be one of the lasts things tbh. Easiest way to resolve this would be to let tormentor set proc from pounce.

Tormentor:
    (5 items) When you deal damage with a Charge ability, you gain 3642 Physical and Spell Resistance and taunt the enemy to attack you for 15 seconds.

Just tested it. Tormentor is probably bugged as it does not proc on Ambush (NB skill) or WW Pounce. I was hoping to make a WW PvE tank using Tormentor + Tremorscale.

Tremorscale:
    (2 items) When you taunt an enemy, you have a 50% chance to cause a duneripper to burst from the ground beneath them, dealing 6500 Physical Damage to all enemies within 4 meters after 1 second and reducing their Movement Speed by 70% for 3 seconds. This effect can occur once every 4 seconds.

That would gave WW even more dmg mitigation and some extra AoE dmg CC - very useful for a tank. Besides, next patch (from PTS):

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/471398/pts-patch-notes-v5-0-2#latest

Made several changes to “Gap Closer” abilities:
    - Removed all minimum ranges from these abilities.

^^ This actually means that you could use WW Pounce close to your enemy, basically change it to a very flexible single target taunt (if only Tormentor was not bugged that is).
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on May 19, 2019 9:26PM