The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Developer MUST READ! (GOLD FARMERS ARE RUINING THIS GOOD GAME!)

• ENAK
    ENAK
    ✭✭
    One simple solution to this kind of nonsense would be to have an auction house. The trade-guilds are just people's way to have an AH. But it just feels weird and limited after a while, especially when the majority of the trade guild's members become inactive, because of various reasons.

With an AH, people can just sell their resources for good prices and won't need to buy gold from farmers. And remember - farmers exist, because people buy from them.
  • metaldrummer1962b14a_ESO
    The gold sellers and spammers are so easy to spot...dont understand whu it is so hard to ban them.
  • Noswell
    Noswell
    ✭✭✭
    WilliamTee wrote: »
    I immediately report and then ignore every gold spammer i've seen...

But i've also noticed their prices have been steadily decreasing since launch.

Maybe ESO's bans are actually having an impact.

If so? Those of you non-legitimately banned who will no doubt have your accounts reinstated soon are a sacrifice i'm willing to make ;)

You realize that their prices for gold going down most likely means that they have farmed MORE gold rather than LESS?
  • GreatPlayer
    GreatPlayer
    ✭✭✭

I will be honest, I am not paying the 15 dollar monthly subscription, I give up, I will play again when this game goes F2P
    only games that fail become F2P...all games at launch and sometimes even MONTHS after launch have issues....SWTOR..WoW...SWG....all had problems.........Tho SWG never went F2P..the others did...........this game is no different BUT it has more potential then the others...it will be like SWG...NO F2P options....that will make bots and spammers WORSE and wont solve anyone's problems.....give it some time...game will be better in a few months...i bet u 1k in game gold (JK) it WILL become better...but it will never go F2P due to the amount of bots that are already in game........F2P again will make it worse......

I too hope it succeed , but I am not spending my money on frustration and a broken game!
    Edited by GreatPlayer on April 21, 2014 10:51AM
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As I am writing this, there is a big beautiful Nord selling gold in front of the Bank. I moused over her name as I passed while noting that name in chat selling gold. She's the big one in her underwear. Not hard to find. Why is this allowed? Where are the GM'S with the ban hammer?
  • moiraleafcull
    moiraleafcull
    ✭✭✭
    I personally find the dungeon bots the most annoying for a couple of reasons.
    I apparently dont have the proper technigue figured out for getting the hit needed for loot (gave up on one dungeon after 6 tries on a boss with 7 minute respawn). The satisfaction is now "I got the loot hit" opposed to "great...got the boss, finished the dungeon".
    What if boss loot was removed and replaced with quest trigger that the character could follow to complete for the loot? Nothing overly time consuming, with perhaps a travel requirement. A regular player can do the turn it when next near the quest "end" while the bot would require more scripting and extend the farming cycle.
    Is this a possible? acceptable? easy? solution for dungeon boss bots?
    @moiraleafcull == 551+ Champion
    Daggerfall Covenant: Moira Leafcull - Temp AR 27 | Fara Nightsky - NB AR 6
    Proud to wear the tabards of Daggerfall Pride and LoM

• zairasai
    zairasai
    What if boss loot was removed and replaced with quest trigger that the character could follow to complete for the loot? Nothing overly time consuming, with perhaps a travel requirement. A regular player can do the turn it when next near the quest "end" while the bot would require more scripting and extend the farming cycle.

That seems like a very good idea. Unfortunately it would require a lot of work to do this, but there would surely be ways to keep the extra effort relatively low. For instance, there could be something like a head-hunt reward on these dungeon bosses which does not require a lengthy, deep quest, but can be collected centralized from a guard with some generic dialogue in a city nearby. Each 'ticket' would be unique per boss. Once the ticket has been used the player can decide to go back and kill the guy again if he or she feels like it.

• pappy_63
    pappy_63
    Soul Shriven
    zairasai wrote: »

That seems like a very good idea. Unfortunately it would require a lot of work to do this, but there would surely be ways to keep the extra effort relatively low. For instance, there could be something like a head-hunt reward on these dungeon bosses which does not require a lengthy, deep quest, but can be collected centralized from a guard with some generic dialogue in a city nearby. Each 'ticket' would be unique per boss. Once the ticket has been used the player can decide to go back and kill the guy again if he or she feels like it.
    zairasai wrote: »

also .. might be help is a macro detection program.. just a thought.
  • EtonZilla
    EtonZilla
    @GinaBena Please address this topic. ROBOT FARMERS are ruining the game. Please do something to make their farming unprofitable, like turning all their mats into trash items. Some of the bots are immune to monster attacks.
  • Fiberic
    Fiberic
    ✭✭✭
    EtonZilla wrote: »
    @GinaBena Please address this topic. ROBOT FARMERS are ruining the game. Please do something to make their farming unprofitable, like turning all their mats into trash items. Some of the bots are immune to monster attacks.

Lmao this post is from 2014, now look at the bots I see daily in starter area’s etc...

• Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy necromancy, Batman!
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This may be the longest necro in ESO history