The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Developer MUST READ! (GOLD FARMERS ARE RUINING THIS GOOD GAME!)

• GreatPlayer
    GreatPlayer
    ✭✭✭
    I wish a portal could open up and suck all those bots/spammers through and never be seen again.

Ancient Elf Motify are now selling for 50k each! I WONDER WHY???
  • pokebreaker
    pokebreaker
    ✭✭
    A very profound and good reply to my post, I would also like to add, maybe ESO way of countering GOLD inflation due to GOLD BOTTING, is to not have a world auction house. Here is my reasoning, without a world auction house trading becomes less common, and this in economics is called a transaction cost, because we are basically bartering, a few people with high amount of gold would not be able to drastically inflate the price of good.
    In conclusion I believe the developers chose to make us barter to counter act gold botter!

When I first experienced the Guild Trade system, I thought exactly the same thing. Literally the first thing that popped into my head was "Well, this will deter one or a few people from driving up the prices of certain items too high. I like that prices can vary quite a bit from guild to guild. Plus with the guild/listing cut, it also deters people from listing items at a high price, because they will have to fork out quite about of gold up front. The only stuff I sell on GS is low value stuff that won't cost much up front, incase it doesn't sell. It will be interesting to see how this turns out.
  • steven_shidiwenb16_ESO
    How about you leave the starting zone and actually progress in the game, i haven't seen gold sellers once. They aren't in the later maps, maybe stop making new alts every time you reach level 10 and actually try and get to level 50?
  • Locke_ESO
    Locke_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I never really understood how bad the bot problem is until I started leveling an alt today. Literally every delve in Auridon had a group of melee characters stacked directly on top of each other moving around in an automated fashion farming mobs. They just need to sweep the dungeons a couple of times a day at random times as well as introducing a more robust system for reporting gold sellers (spam on zone chat - you get a ban. Send an in game mail advertising gold sales - you get a ban etc). Consistent account bans are the only method that will deter this activity. If they cant make enough money to make it viable the bot farming will be reduced and the only way to do that is a boots on the ground approach from GMs.

Honestly if this stuff turns up in the endgame content and isn't being dealt with I will not be playing any longer it's to annoying.
  • GreatPlayer
    GreatPlayer
    ✭✭✭
    How about you leave the starting zone and actually progress in the game, i haven't seen gold sellers once. They aren't in the later maps, maybe stop making new alts every time you reach level 10 and actually try and get to level 50?
    I am veteren lvl 8
    Edited by GreatPlayer on April 21, 2014 6:34AM
  • masterdtox
    masterdtox
    ✭✭
    all those players that are saying: i don't see any gold farmers/ botters around ect..Guys u so full of BS it's insane... And since the DUP BUG ESO is a goldfarmers HEAVEN!! that has damaged the economy for months and years to come. PS: those BAN waves band botters/cheaters get unban few days later with all the cash and DUP items still in-tact.
    I have read en full statement of a DUP abuser at several websites like http://tamrielfoundry.com/ and that guy said: " well bug is was reported by myself and other ppl that knew about it in BETA, then game went live and still nothing so i thought what the heck they don't do nothing about it so i kept going with it. AT some point at the 17th i got banned and after 1 day unban with all my gold and items that i DUPED still there" ....

SO dunno whats going on at ESO headquarters but something is not working the right way..

PS: and keep believing there are no gold farmers/spammers/chaters/botters especially in this game. U sure u playing ESO not minecraft?
  • Carnage2K4
    Carnage2K4
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dagget wrote: »
    Well, doubt that was bots in that situation. Could be farmers but they would need to be at the keyboard to deal with the boss, so can't do a lot there.

It's defiantly a bot situation...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR_uVY1sqGo
    Doowie wrote: »
    I've yet to see a gold spammer or a bot in this game.

... you can't be serious...
    Edited by Carnage2K4 on April 21, 2014 7:41AM
    Human Infant Connoisseur
  • Adryssa_Joneley
    Adryssa_Joneley
    ✭✭✭
    YES, i am so sick of seeing all those gold sellers and bots that it IS RUINING this game. Those people don't deserve to be on this game or any game. BOTS are nothing but an exploit and a cheat, and gold sellers are trying to make money off someone else's hard work. Isnt that copyright? I seriously wish they would just remove ALL the bots and gold spammers. I have reached the limit of people i can ignore already. And they are STILL THERE spamming their crap all day long. /frustrated
  • werxieb16_ESO
    http://youtu.be/28ogsZBX4FU I recorded this yesterday. Bots bots everywhere
  • masterdtox
    masterdtox
    ✭✭
    Carnage2K4 wrote: »
    Well, doubt that was bots in that situation. Could be farmers but they would need to be at the keyboard to deal with the boss, so can't do a lot there.

clearly no botters at all they are running the same path all together man that can't be bots naaaah dagget will aprove that those are not botter because maybe he is using it by him self. ;p
  • Kenny_McCormick
    Kenny_McCormick
    ✭✭✭
    N0madS0uL wrote: »
    So yes, Zenimax, change the reporting system so we can report faster and more effectively, respond in a timely fashion so we can remove this exploiters ASAP, have GMs availabe in zones to remove these people/bots/whatever from exploiting the system. From what I have seen it is mostly the starter areas that are plagued by these botting, golder selling scammer and getting a few GMs to moinitor these areas and instant ban them would not take much time or money and surely discourage these exploiters.
    THIS!!

• GreatPlayer
    GreatPlayer
    ✭✭✭
    Carnage2K4 wrote: »

OMG those people are so obviously bots, notice how they move in perfect unison? Notice how some of them are not wearing anything? UNBELIEVABLE!
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is a video I took of what looks like botting or multiboxing yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ncPxwwZ_KI

I reported this at the time it was happening.

This was at a dungeon in Auridon. Every single dungeon I went into was like this. It took a significant number of attempts to get enough hits on the boss for it to count for completion of the dungeon and I didn't get a single bit of boss loot. I must have done about 7 of these dungeons yesterday on various alts.

In one I was unable to complete the dungeon quest because it involves you getting the bosses head. If you cannot get enough hits in to loot the guy you cannot get his head :(

As a decent player I am not able to play certain parts of the game as intended because of these people. I don't know if bannings or a timer or what the fix is but something really needs to be done before I get through the game without having been able to play a single one of these dungeons in the way they were originally intended.
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Rhian-Skybladeb16_ESO
    It could also be that I have seen yesterday a gold-farmer team in action.
    A regular high level around 40 with a normal name and a level 4 with a typical cryptic udftzdef name and wearing rags - in a level 40 zone.
    The high level butchered everything and the low level collected the loot (at least it looked like it).
    This way they can keep probably their farming characters intact and not connected to those who sell gold.

EDIT:
    Since those gold sellers and bot farmers come in such hordes, there must be people buying gold... otherwise there would be no business for them.

Another question forming in my head...
    I wonder anyway how they can afford having so many accounts? Even if the key was stolen or generated by a key-gen, they would have to pay a monthly fee.
    And if an account gets banned, they have to make a new one... and add a new sub.
    How many different credit cards do they have? Isn't it obvious that if one account gets kicked/banned - another one with cryptic name under the same credit number or paypal whatever pops up?

I know those guys probably have no other job and have enough time to redo accounts and pay-pal whatever accounts... but at some point that should become suspicious...
    Edited by Rhian-Skybladeb16_ESO on April 21, 2014 7:59AM
  • Carnage2K4
    Carnage2K4
    ✭✭✭✭

This was at a dungeon in Auridon. Every single dungeon I went into was like this. It took a significant number of attempts to get enough hits on the boss for it to count for completion of the dungeon and I didn't get a single bit of boss loot. I must have done about 7 of these dungeons yesterday on various alts.

In one I was unable to complete the dungeon quest because it involves you getting the bosses head. If you cannot get enough hits in to loot the guy you cannot get his head :(

As a decent player I am not able to play certain parts of the game as intended because of these people. I don't know if bannings or a timer or what the fix is but something really needs to be done before I get through the game without having been able to play a single one of these dungeons in the way they were originally intended.

Yep... No loot, barely even able to get the achievement...
    Every Public Dungeon in Deshaan was like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6d6O3YXQRc

Human Infant Connoisseur
  • steveb16_ESO46
    steveb16_ESO46
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've yet to see a gold spammer or a bot in this game. Saying they are ruining the economy.... this is not World of Warcraft. Remember that farming gold in ESO is pretty much impossible.

You're a funny guy. Except you clearly haven't actually played this game. I've played 5 or 6 MMO's and I have never, ever seen anything like this. Not even Neverwinter.

Unfortunately ZMO appear to have specifically designed the game to make it as easy as it could possibly be for gold sellers.

Public bosses with quick respawns that always drop good loot?

Genius idea. Genius.

At least that's what I would be saying if I were the boss of one of these gold-selling sites.

Instead I'm wondering what in hell they were actually thinking?

All the bosses should be in private instance chambers like Angof etc and drop the loot once a day at most for a character.

Edited by steveb16_ESO46 on April 21, 2014 8:03AM
  • Diakos
    Diakos
    Soul Shriven
    SpamFilter addon... setting it to filter out EURO and DOLLAR... problem solved

Are you also filterin D()llar, D0llar, DoIIar, Doilar, D*llar and all the permutation and combination thereoff?
    Remember, filters are simple and effective, but lack out ability to to read patterns and identify visual approximations.

In order for a filter to work you have to manually enter every single possible way to write Dollar, including the wall of text where it's written vertically in bethween filler text.
  • Rhian-Skybladeb16_ESO
    You're a funny guy. Except you clearly haven't actually played this game. I've played 5 or 6 MMO's and I have never, ever seen anything like this. Not even Neverwinter.

Unfortunately ZMO appear to have specifically designed the game to make it as easy as it could possibly be for gold sellers.

Public bosses with quick respawns that always drop good loot?

Genius idea. Genius.

At least that's what I would be saying if I were the boss of one of these gold-selling sites.

Instead I'm wondering what in hell they were actually thinking?

All the bosses should be in private instance chambers like Angof etc and drop the loot once a day at most for a character.

Well, you may not have seen it in whatever MMORPG you have been.
    I have seen bots and gold seller, bots/farmer in Everquest 1, Everquest 2, DAOC; AOC...

Everquest 1 had everything but quick spawns on named. If you were lucky mobs spawened within hours, but very often it was weeks and months. So there were whole guilds doing 27/4 vigils to wait for that particular mob to spawn. Even that scenario created a fertile ground for farmers and gold sellers.

Everquest 2 was a bit quicker... they had one solution and I noticed here the same. At some point loot degraded and in the end you didn't get anything.

Same was for loot chests in DDO. After so and so many loot sessions you had to wait one week I believe, to get any decent loot out of it again.
    Yes, even in DDO we got bothered but that ended very quickly, because gold had no real value in that game besides fixing stuff and getting some potions. Gold was far too easy to get, even for a casual gamer... so no business there for most gold sellers.

• Thinquar
    Thinquar
    Same thing last night in the Scuttle Pit. In every instance of that zone I managed to get myself transferred to by camping in/out the spider queen was under siege by several linked gold farming bots. They were also using a speed hack as they were instantly, and I mean instantly, on the queen like they had the teleporter system from Star Trek at their disposal. They were killing it so fast that no matter how quick I was to press any button to attack, 9 out of 10 spawns it was dead before I could get a single hit on her and therefore received no loot. I then painstakingly reticule targeted every one of them so I could use the report player function in the player interaction circle, ( which is a pain in the arse to use when there are several bots all standing exactly on top of each other ). I agree that these botters are ruining public dungeons and need to be stopped.
  • Diakos
    Diakos
    Soul Shriven

Start zones are unplayable due to bots
    "Stop leveling alts"
    Banks is resetting
    "Stop bying slots"
    Main quest is bugged
    "Stop rushing though content"
    We are starving to death
    "Stop being poor"
  • Thinquar
    Thinquar
    MysticAura wrote: »
    Markets being crashed by these people is why I basically cut myself out of the market. I don't buy anything from anyone. I make things or get things from mobs. In some ways it makes it more challenging but also keeps me from getting too annoyed with this type of thing.

I also do this as much as possible, but it is annoying when you can't even go for the big drops to sell and make yourself some decent gold because of these botters.
  • Lorgren_Benirus
    For starters do not allow ANYONE access to the game until they've added a valid credit card details to their account (or valid Paypal, drop the pointless "pre-paid game time" junk, that's how the gold sellers get in easy, they buy that stuff in BULK). Only then can person log into the game and play. This way the gold sellers have to register as well and use their credit card details and somehow I doubt that they can replace those as fast as they can create and drop accounts in this game. Not to mention that it'll be much easier to ban that *** for good, who cares how many accounts this person can create when his/her credit card is banned.
    Edited by Lorgren_Benirus on April 21, 2014 8:33AM
  • Thinquar
    Thinquar
    I personally think that when they ban these botter accounts, they should look at who they have traded with to pass the gold on to, (the gold-sellers gold holder account), and who they in turn have traded the gold to, ( the buying player ), who should also then be banned or at least given a hefty suspension. If some of the buyers start getting banned word will soon get about and this trade will start to dwindle.
  • msa
    msa

I've farmed like this a lot of mobs, sometime for a couple of hour in a row for mats so i'm probably got reported few time since im not moving and doing auto aa.

Avril Morthal - MasterChief Tamriel
  • Carnage2K4
    Carnage2K4
    ✭✭✭✭
    For starters do not allow ANYONE access to the game until they've added a valid credit card details to their account (or valid Paypal, drop the pointless "pre-paid game time" junk, that's how the gold sellers get in easy, they buy that stuff in BULK). Only then can person log into the game and play. This way the gold sellers have to register as well and use their credit card details and somehow I doubt that they can replace those as fast as they can create and drop accounts in this game. Not to mention that it'll be much easier to ban that *** for good, who cares how many accounts this person can create when his/her credit card is banned.

This is a poor answer, My partner and I do not own CC's and we don't intent to.
    You can make a Paypal account with a generic email and transfer $$ between PP accounts so your answer would cut out a segment of legit players while doing nothing but forcing spammers to use a different means to buy accounts...
    Human Infant Connoisseur
  • Evandus
    Evandus
    ✭✭✭✭

While it's true that the gold chat spam stops becoming an issue in the Daggerfall Covenant once you leave Glenumbra - it isn't the end. I've personally seen names of jibberish characters I've reported in Illesan Tower for example farming dungeon bosses all across Stormhaven. The guild invites and mail spam doesn't stop either once leaving Glenumbra.

A position of willful ignorance doesn't serve the population being spammed, if you are not experiencing it as you claim. Nor will it help you when the bots move into your questing zone. Don't believe me, just wait. It won't be long before you'll see them as they are levelling up and being moved in groups to the next zone. Sad to say, I expect to see them in Rivenspire as well.

• Rantog
    Rantog
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh yes! Exactly!

I mean, Your goal is to get to the end as fast as possible, so everyone else Has to play the game with exactly - and Only - that same goal in mind or their whole usage of the game is a waste of time, and completely invalid.

I mean it's obvious that the goal everyone must have is to race through the content, and get to the end as fast as humanly possible. Taking any time to enjoy the story-lines, the quests, the lore.. is utterly insane and has No Place in a Role Playing Game!

I probably shouldn't be responding to you at all, because you are obviously either Trolling, or are a gold seller - since there is no way you could be playing Elder Scrolls Online and Not seen any gold sellers - unless the first thing you did the first time you logged in on the first character you ever made ... was to disable the chat system somehow - across the entire account.

But because you're not the Only one posting idiocy like this, I figure what the heck.
  • GreatPlayer
    GreatPlayer
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest I am starting to think I should not have rushed ahead and bought this game on release day. I should I have waited, I mean there is so much problem with this game, I cant finish counting.
    Examples.
    1) veteran dungeons too hard even for veteran lvl 10 players.
    2) gold farmers.
    3) main quest bugged cant progress.
    4) non-existent customer support
    5) game designers only wants to pls the hardcore crowd and not caring for us casual players!
    etc etc.

I will be honest, I am not paying the 15 dollar monthly subscription, I give up, I will play again when this game goes F2P or when they get there act together and fix the above three problems!

And if you dont agree wtih me, ask yourself this question, would you have even thought of purchasing this game if it did not have the Elder Scroll NAME?

However, to be fair this game does have the best COMBAT animation and combat mechanic ever in a MMO!
    Edited by GreatPlayer on April 21, 2014 9:21AM
  • Evandus
    Evandus
    ✭✭✭✭
    For those who aren't adverse to add on's. I've discovered two that I believe to be very good:

1. FastReport http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info181-FastReport.html This addon streamlines the reporting process somewhat. Definitely faster. Has a hotkey function one can configure as well. It remembers the last person you targeted until you target another through your reticule, which saves you a lot of typing. I'd grown tired of wasting time reporting until I saw this.

2. X4D LibAntiSpam http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info211-X4DLibAntiSpam.html This addon doesn't utilize your ignore list, which will fill very quickly dealing with chat spammers. It auto identifies and blocks them. Works well as a stand alone, or with another chat mod of choice. It doesn't key off of a www, or other words. It targets chat spammers by repetition. Which I think is a much better thought out approach.

I am not a UI modder or affiliated with either author. I am a guy who uses them with my alts and my crafter, who resides almost exclusively in Daggerfall. And I've had a lot of success with both. Just something to consider.
    Edited by Evandus on April 21, 2014 9:22AM
  • Kenny_McCormick
    Kenny_McCormick
    ✭✭✭

I will be honest, I am not paying the 15 dollar monthly subscription, I give up, I will play again when this game goes F2P
    only games that fail become F2P...all games at launch and sometimes even MONTHS after launch have issues....SWTOR..WoW...SWG....all had problems.........Tho SWG never went F2P..the others did...........this game is no different BUT it has more potential then the others...it will be like SWG...NO F2P options....that will make bots and spammers WORSE and wont solve anyone's problems.....give it some time...game will be better in a few months...i bet u 1k in game gold (JK) it WILL become better...but it will never go F2P due to the amount of bots that are already in game........F2P again will make it worse......